/fat/ - are you in good hands? edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lard-elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

Previous:

Attached: wojakjesus.png (574x768, 631K)

Confess your sins so that you may be forgiven

Attached: 5FDD4A8F-1D45-439F-A034-A04468F3EA38.png (1229x1160, 62K)

Give me strength, father! Was up half the night cause doggo has kennel cough. Now I’m hungry cause I’m tired, and I’ve already finished breakfast. I don’t need a honeybun...

I usually have some raw veggies for lunch but I can’t choke them down without some kind of dip
Right now I am using a Ranch Dip that’s only about 50 Cals for 30 grams but I could still do better dammit

good afternoon everyone. I’ve lost zero weight since last week and I’m half-a-pound heavier than I was yesterday. In a moment of weakness I’ve eaten my whole calorie allotment for the day by binging on those snack sized kit-Kat bars. I’m a fat fuck and I don’t think I’m going to make it.

Attached: E5510512-5CB6-4E13-8444-0DC00739FE05.jpg (2048x1152, 183K)

>285 at the start of the month
>268 now

Am I losing too fast? I haven't been eating very much. (OMAD+"sensible" portion sizes). It wasnt a problem until today but I felt kinda sick when I woke up

>finally reached 170lbs at 6'1 like 2 weeks ago
>despite doing the exact same dieting methods that lost me 1-2lbs a week, i have gone up to 171lbs

it's really fucking disheartening. yesterday i ate a way bigger lunch than normal because 'fuck it i won't lose weight anyway'. it was prob only 2k calories for the entire day but still, how do i not lose motivation?

Attached: 1565059469957.jpg (960x716, 200K)

Same as yesterday, father. Nothing to confess.

Attached: 1411130748982.jpg (200x195, 7K)

Stop using food for pleasure for the love of jesus. I imagine if you replaced eating with drinking or smoking, you would be overall healthier and happier. Food is a shit drug to use for years, you'll end up fat and disgusting. There are many addictions you could have, over eating is the worst one, being obese and ugly and smelly and everyone fucking see it.

just a setback. get back on it and try harder.
everyone fucks up sometimes, the important thing is to keep trying every day.

Ate a Mars bar and a box of Glossete raisins, 450 cals combined. Incredible how calorie dense this stuff is.

>plateau finally breaks
>mood massively improves over the previous several weeks
It's just a coincidence with my depression brain, but dang, today is a good day. Only 2.3 lbs left to lose.

hello bros
bought a pair of these, could you tell me of a program that'd include just these for span of few months ( optimally for as long as possible with me just upping weights over time )

Attached: dumb.jpg (1000x1000, 43K)

I keep eating them, I have nostalgias feelings with them.

Attached: image.jpg (480x302, 117K)

Finally hit moderate obesity from morbid obesity, we're all gonna make it

Attached: 1445754485097.jpg (645x773, 57K)

f-father? i would like to talk to the regular father if you don't see any problem

i got baked af and ate 4 hot pockets and 2 baked potatos and a cheesy ravioli dish in one night

6 bicep curls and 3 deadlifts

Go and sin no more

These are one of the easiest things on the planet to eat, and they're vaporized the moment they hit your stomach. Absolutely zero satiety.

I'm not sure what to do anymore
This will be a long post frens.

I didn't weigh myself at my heaviest but it was somewhere around 310 to 350

When I started losing weight I was very very motivated. I messed up along the way of course, I have an eating disorder, Bulimia.

In highschool i got a throat ulcer from throwing up so much.
Usually 3 times a day.

I would binge eat at least 6000 calories a day and vomit most of them up.

I was about 180 pounds then, Down from 230 and I was struggling to stay at that weight.

After highschool i stopped throwing up because I didn't care anymore but I kept binging.

I bloated to the beast of ham that you see on the left.

I was very depressed and I struggle with mental health issues. Mostly depression and severe adhd.

I also have some behavioral issues from neglect and abuse.

Anyways I lost my friends when I was so fat and decided I had to make a change. I dropped almost all the weight the natural way. I did keto and I exercised every day.

I got down to 180 again. It took me about 2 years to lose all the weight. This is where I have remained for about 2 years. Sometimes I go down 5 pounds, Sometimes I go up 5.

I've had an interesting life since then. I dated some people, Had multiple jobs, Made some friends, Lost some friends, Moved in with someone etc.

I thought things were on the up and up. I always had the mindset that I needed to improve myself and be the best version of myself possible.

The thing is, Everything i've attempted to do has ended in failure. I always quit my jobs when I no longer feel welcome by my coworkers, I get stressed out easily and i'm a shitty employee.

My relationship failed because of my depression.

I got worse and tried to take adhd medication but that only made things worse especially after I got off the medication.

My mother is the same way but a more extreme example of it.

1/2

Attached: Le fat loss.png (506x240, 254K)

He’s ... indisposed at the moment

Attached: C88A074B-0857-497A-AB8F-C674C85DA512.png (2217x2217, 715K)

2/2
Nowadays I just lay in bed all day, too depressed to do anything, Even the things I enjoy, I still have friends and I try to stay positive towards them and I act like i'm capable of stuff but really all I wanna do is die most days.

I dunno what the hell happened honestly.

I know what I need to do, I know what I want to do as well, but i'm to afraid to do it. I have panic attacks, fit's of rage, days and weeks where all I wanna do is lay down in bed all the time, And interspersed between all this bullshit is moments like this where I feel completely normal.

I go days without showering from the depression.

It's not that I don't care, My appearance is probably the thing i care about the most. I just have no willpower or even control over my own actions at most times.

I dunno why i'm posting, I feel like this is just the way things are, I'm sick in the head and that's just that.

Thanks for reading my sad story,

Lose some fucking weight fatass.

Attached: face gains.jpg (1106x530, 324K)

This kind of post belongs on Jow Forums way more than /fat/. Look into cognitive behavioral therapy. Good luck sorting your shit out.

i'm starved for love

Sometimes people eat when they’re tired. That’s been my folly lately.

I was doing so good from Mid March up until May, then got back on the wagon 2 weeks later, then fell off again late June. I'm an alcoholic that rapidly cycles through suicidal depression to being hypermanic where I'm a machine that just gets shit done. Last year, I sought out therapy, but quit it out because of paranoia that several therapists wouldn't diagnose. Thought they were just trying to get me to keep giving them my money while not actually helping me. I've basically been binge-drinking while hardly eating, 1-3 times a day. Kidneys are fucked from flogging them. Edema is working its way through my entire lower half.

Yesterday, I dealt with the last hangover I'm willing to put myself through until I have to deal with that ugly fucking cycle again. I can only lose weight if I don't drink.

wtf no one told me maintaining would be this hard
i'm just gonna go back to losing weight, idk if it kills me

Depression is a fake disease and can be replicated in anyone who does fuck all for their entire life. Stop putting the cart before the horse and get your bitch ass moving. Set a goal right fucking now and force yourself to work towards it every day.

Coming from someone who's never been depressed. When friends and family pass away, the most you can muster is a really exaggerated sigh with a Bro response akin to "Dude, that sucks. Like, just not cool". And then your goldfish brain moves on to the next thing that captures your attention.

>tfw

Attached: 3684FDFB-25CF-4BAC-9867-925E9388B322.gif (500x281, 1.87M)

It doesn't get easier /fat/.

Eight months of eating 1,500 calories a day. Down 60 lbs. Everyday is a struggle. Think about food constantly.

Spend about an hour a day looking at this place and fatlogic for motivation.

Pretty much have to force myself to go to the gym 4x a week.

Not sure how long this can continue.

Attached: gbtvdf8f02s21.jpg (1440x1440, 154K)

For what retarded reason do you think that maintaining is harder than losing?

maybe the fact that i managed to lose it all and am really struggling to maintain at the moment

For me, it got easier then it got way harder. I also almost constantly think about food if I don't have a significant distraction. Thank fuck I'm almost done.

Makes me feel bad seeing how many /fat/ties are 300 lbs and above.

What part of maintaining is a struggle, specifically? There's no good reason that maintaining should be harder than losing. I can only imagine that you're not able to control yourself if you have a little more leeway, or that you're struggling to deal with reintroducing certain foods into your diet that you deprived yourself of while losing.

Try to eat more satiating food. 1500kcal is plenty.

>It doesn't get easier /fat/.

Yes it does - you're just stuck in fatbrain mode. Your psychological makeup is clogged with years of sloth and overeating, so it's going to take time to break down the fatty mentality.

Part of the problem is that lardos have to go through the stages of grief when they first give up the fatty lifestyle, and the biggest problem is that most people get stuck in the bargaining stage (including me when I first made the change years ago). You keep telling yourself that this is temporary, and you bounce between bargaining and depression repeatedly, leading to your inevitable failure.

Anyway, my best mental "hack" for you crazy fatties is this:

Whenever you're prepping chicken breasts or scheduled to hit the gym but feel a sudden overwhelming sense of impatience at slow progress or even despair at how pointless it all is, just say this to yourself: "This is my life from now on." Get used to the idea that you're not sprinting toward some goal. Focus on the daily routine *as* the goal itself and accept that it's forever. "This is my life from now on." Suddenly, it will stop seeming so terrible. Those chicken breasts and black eyed peas will start to taste good, especially with a little potassium salt and pepper. "Dessert" will suddenly be a tablespoon of peanut butter or a jello cup and cool whip. "Drinking" will be two shots of vodka with a Sprite Zero. A "cheat meal" will be a night out with friends at Chili's. Everything will change when you stop thinking of this healthy lifestyle as a temporary fix and start thinking of it as the path of now and forever.

Your mind is still in FatMode and is actively resisting your new life, which is making you miserable.

Just keep saying to yourself "this is my life from now on" like a gay little mantra. It worked for me.

Attached: this but with exercise and dieting.png (1200x901, 60K)

i ate 1400 calories a day for almost 16 months
do you really think it's that easy to just decide on a new calorie goal and watch as the scale does whatever the fuck it wants every time you jump on it?

I'm 6,2 / 275 only ate 1300 kcal the last few days mostly healthy shit (almost exclusively salads, veggies and fruit), should I continue?

>Try to eat more [...] food.
you only had to say so!

Attached: Untitled (10).png (633x758, 26K)

I'm currently 104 kg and 176 cm. Been doing just cardio for now and lost around 25 kg, I want to start doing body weight exercises like push ups. What's the best way to do them when you're fat? 5 set of 5 for star or is there a better way?

Attached: 1515481510677.jpg (495x434, 54K)

CBT is most effective when it's tailored to the individual
if you wanted to generalise it then it would just be the typical
>You can do it!
>Don't give up!
>You got this champ!

which.. might be the thing that turns the tables for some absolutely rock bottom, down-and-outers who've never heard a kind word directed to them in their lives, but for most people it will just be white noise.

Yes, it's not that hard. Stop being retarded about it. You should have learned over the last 16 months how water and waste affect your weight fluctuation.

Push ups and chin ups do as many as you can x3 sets

thanks brah

What does CBT mean in this context?
>not “Current Body Thread”
>not “Cock & Ball Torture”

cognitive behavioural therapy

Thanks. Now my mind won’t skip to weird places.

How to deal with insomnia? Hunger literally raises my blood pressure and instead of good night of sleep I get these short bursts of terrifying or bizarre dreams. It feels like LSD and the only solution is to gorge myself on fatty food.

Cognitive behavioral therapy?

Can I skip breakfast with no consequences? I figured I'm not usually hungry in the morning anyway, so it would be easy to cut these calories.

Be honest; how much do you lick your plate? More or less when you’re dieting than not dieting? Only when you have something especially good? Or every single time?
Been using a pale ale honey mustard on my carrots lately, tasty AF. Have a hard time not mopping up the last bits after my carrots are gone.

yes...

You may need to push through it. I had that issue with cigarettes, but eventually it got better.

that's what i do, i go as long as i can after waking up before eating. at least for the first few hours it's like my stomach is switched off, so long as i don't eat anything.

700 cals yesterday.

It should be mandatory to include your weight, height, and age with every post you make in /fat/. Wanna see how much advice is given by the lamdwhales in this general.

Attached: 1565722298808.jpg (750x852, 148K)

>that pic
i seethe

166cm
67kg
Eat lots of protein and train your leg muscles

>actual manlet

Attached: 1562964892576.jpg (471x388, 27K)

Well, I hope that I can function in my job then. It's surreal, I started wondering if the drugs could build up in my fatty tissue and be released when I lose fat, my stoner friend had this issue when he got a blue-collar job but it's impossible in my case.

Thanks, I figured "the most important meal in a day" is mom science but it's good to know for sure.

Grill?

Add wt/ht/age user

Attached: 1564051681143.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

nevermind i thought this was a reply to my other post and i didn't check
but where's yours?

Here
5'10
190 lbs

>im a manager at a care home
>mega cute blonde social worker comes in
>wants to visit her autistic case unannounced
>tell her thats a bad idea and she can't visit him without us getting him ready
>gets mouthy with me and asks how she can announce an unannounced visit
>tell her from my desk not to go in there
>she goes in his room, greets him and opens his curtains
>hear him tard charging, she starts screaming
>no male employees present, one of the care workers looks at me and says "yep he's got her"
>have to go wrestle him
>hes smashing her face in, broke her glasses in half, shattered her nose pulled clumps of her hair out
>after i calm him in the corner she walks out the front door crying without saying a word
>he's sitting there like he did nothing wrong cause he doesn't know any better
didn't eat but i smoked a whole pack after that. lung capacity is worse than when i was 330 lbs.

i don't know burger units but from what i've heard people shorter than "6'0" are manlets

I don't lick my plate at all. That's ngmi fat fuck behavior.

About 178 cm so yeah I guess

>entenmann's rich frosted
GET BEHIND ME SATAN

Gives you the shits and they're calorie dense and they aren't filling... cursed food. Shame they taste so good.

>Depression is a fake disease
You're a faggot and you don't know what constitutes mental illness. Doesn't mean your advice is incorrect, but this sure is a fucking stupid thing to say.

Bought a giant soda and cookie for breakfast. Fuck me.

2oz of feta cheese and olive oil last night when I shouldn’t have been eating

Add wt/ht/age

ate 2400 calories of fried chicken yesterday

Add wt/ht/age

Add wt/ht/age

>this entire bowl of sugar free Jell-O is 40 calories
>only 20 if I use lemon flavor
Based

Attached: 20190820_121948.jpg (2560x1440, 1.17M)

guys how much of a meme are those vibrating plates???

I don't think this place is for you. You have a BMI on the lighter side. What are your goals?

Another winner today father.

I'm on day 18 and feeling mighty fine!

based

whats that

reading how you are on 1000 or 1500kcal makes me think my 2000 is too high. I guess slow and steady.

How much people are eating means nothing to you because it's based on height and weight. It's the deficit that matters. 1000cal may only be a 500cal deficit for a small person, while it could be a several thousand cal deficit for a landwhale.

Ive suffered from depression (actually clinically diagnosed) due to an incredibly shit outlook and mentality on life. Im an actual pessimist to the extreme and it got to the point where I would imagine 1000 situations in which things go badly before they went well (which led to a lot of procrastination). With around 3 months of therapy while in college (NHS) I learned about mindfulness and techniques on how to live more in the present and actually start on things. It was incredibly hard to do and some things (like essays or the notion of interacting with classmates) would make my head actually hurt and cause nausea.

Im in a much better place now and acing my University course but keep in mind when I was depressed I was in good shape and my grades were decent because a lot of info on the subjects was available online. I still feel like shit a lot, but im really getting into the gym and warhammer now and have friends from both hobbies so its better.

looks like a tortilla

Redpill me on turkey bacon

24, 6' Currently 306 but losing.

I lost ~80 pounds when I was 18 bottoming out at 225. I slowly gained it all back and then some. My heaviest was 338 right around 23.

Life is hard, Friends.

Attached: 1565945916047.jpg (396x774, 16K)

what the fuck? i just found out that shrimps are awesome:

>70 kcals per 100 g
>14 grams of protein per 100 g

Just eat turkey breast steak instead, its much tastier.

Turkey bacon tastes really nice if you grill it and leave it in there to dry out for 30 mins after. If you fry it, it just tastes like worse bacon and worse turkey breast.

Don’t expect it to be anything like bacon. Just keep that in mind. Think of it like cooked turkey slices, and it’ll be ok. If you go in expecting bacon, you’re gonna have a bad time.

weird. I dont believe you

wheat one?

that image is grotesque

yeah you can skip it if you're not hungry.

how am I supposed to keep lifting heavy in order to lose weight if my strength goes down as a side effect of me losing weight?

heavy is relative

well i guess i'm not huge but i am definitely skinnyfat. my goals now (started at about 215) are to reach 160lbs, possibly lower depending on bodyfat.