Depression thread

>Gf left me a few months ago
>Life has been downhill ever since
>Used to be hit on by girls
>Now i don´t even remember the last time it happened
>Try to hit on girls at college but fail
>My group of close friends is disbanding and we barely hang together

Last year i was on top of the world and now i feel miserable and the only thing that keeps me sane is lifting

Attached: tumblr_inline_pj2czczU2K1v6q8wn_540.jpg (540x363, 36K)

Life's lows make the highs even better. We're all gonna make it bro

Attached: 1515005745435.png (1520x1126, 1.59M)

>Life's lows make the highs even better.
fellow depressed user here, I'd like to believe that, but it wreaks of a cope

for me, I think I've been neglecting my social life... but now i don't get invites to things anymore

Attached: 1559210894304.jpg (469x387, 64K)

Depressed > Happy > Depressed is a killer combo. I almost think I would be happier if I stayed a virgin neet and not know how much life I was missing.

That happens when you flake out. Earn your friends trust back. That’s the only way to make a comeback.

I personally got a lot of help from red pill and meditation since gains only do so much for me.
Personal book recommendations would be the power of now by eckhart tolle, really helps to clean negative thoughts and the rational male by rollo tomassi for understanding women and urself in their life. If u get the audiobook of the latter legit half of the profits go to fund the narrators medical bills since the dude is fucking dying

>cope cope cope cope fugggggg
Literally brainwashed by Jow Forums. You need to time off from this place, my man.

Everyone copes. Literally just being alive and doing anything at all is a cope. Nobody exists for any reason and we're all marching towards death. Having kids is cope, marrying is cope, being rich is cope, being powerful is cope, traveling is cope, literally everyfuckinthing in the world is cope because one day we will die and we're all terrified of it.

Stop pushing away healthy, optimistic mind sets just because they're "cope". You'll never grow, you'll never heal, and you'll never improve. Humans who live in a constant cycle of cynicism and pessimism aren't better off because they're not "lol le cope cucks xd", they're worse off and will probably fucking kill themselves.

>friends all moved away
>work physically demanding full-time job
>no social life to speak of
>dad hates me, relationship damaged beyond repair, but the feeling is mutual
>tfw no gf
>can't flirt for shit
>drink most nights

shit is what it is, but i'm hoping to get a dog soon. i'd kill myself but there are a couple people who would cry if i die and i don't want to do that to them.

fucking this
listen to this man OP

>Depressed > Happy > Depressed is a killer combo
Can tell, had a taste of love and haven't recovered ever since.

Attached: 69634638.jpg (1000x381, 110K)

Well OP, just as quickly as that good time passed, so too will this bad time. Everything has a season, you know? Just keep liftin, and trying your best. I know you don't believe me when I say it gets better, and this will pass, but it really does. When I was in your shoes, I wouldn't believe that, but it's true. And to be quite honest, you're not in such a bad spot. You're in college; focus on your studies or some extra projects for your major, this could a blessing in disguise.

one of those days

Attached: 1566175487255.jpg (800x600, 63K)

>need to time off from this place, my man
fuck it, maybe you're right. thanks boyos

HEY MODS, I'M 17 YEARS OLD AND I DON'T GIVE TWO HECKS OF A FRIG WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT

cheers fellas. we're all gonna make it. Just like an episode of Small Wonder I saw when I was a kit when vicky made jamie feel week so he started working out and eating wheaties.

Lift. Read. Become the best version of yourself you absolutely can be. Fuck that gains goblin you used to own.

>Gf left me 4 years ago
>Life has been downhill ever since
>Not even sure if I used to be hit on by girls or if I was just completely delusional
>Tried asking girls out at social events that I go to alone, always get rejected
>I haven't had friends in over a decade

G-get on my level buddy

There is no recovery, you just learn to live along the pain, it never goes away.

Grandpa just died a few hours ago...This man raised me, I'm devastated brahs

Attached: DFB1D1AF-868E-4241-954B-086FE0D3AAA0.jpg (633x758, 31K)

just so you know, leaving her will inherently solve nothing. you need to replace it with something.

sorry to hear that friend, people dying has never phased me personally as I know there's nothing I can do about it and just become completely detached as a result. autism has its merits at times

Sorry for your loss, user. Wish my gramps was still around, died when I was a kid so never got to really know him.

Sorry bro, I didn't know my grandpa well before he died but I learned later in life he was pretty based

I never had to flirt because i would get hit on so i guess now that i have to i must be pretty shitty ha

On my last birthday a 10/10 blond girl approached me at the club but i rejected her being a faithful boyfriend

being a good man is pointless

will do. i plan to text a few friends and make plans to do something, and I'll make it a point to go to my friend's art shows, concerts, etc that they organize

my gramma is still alive and I hate her ;_;

sorry bro. this is a new chapter in life for you. make him proud.

post face?

>being a good man is pointless
idk dude, if you'd have banged that 10/10 it wouldn't make your current situation any different other than a potential ego boost that won't translate to any tangible results. you did the right thing

I've been approached by women and made out with them in clubs and whatever, and had sex with a couple in their hotels in the past. but trying to get a relationship, or even just a date, seems impossible

that sounds great, I'm actually jealous. I'd love to be in your situation. make the best of it bro

10k percent this

Life isnt all sunshine and rainbows and its also not fair. Enjoy your 20s faggot

I'm wasting my youth hanging out in front of a computer but I have no one to hang out with. Where I live is turning into New Salvador. SEND HELP.

>girl I love calls me her one true friend and we've been friends for 10 years
>we genuinely have so much fun together and I make her laugh constantly
>she's always trying to set me up with women when we're out
>wants me to date her younger sis
>whenever we're together I can't even see anyone else, she's it
>would break her heart if I ever told her how I feel and hurt the friendship

I don't know long I can carry this bro's, I'm dying inside and no one knows why. Truthfully I don't want to lose the friendship either, but I can't get over her when we're so close.

>20s

Bluepilled and cringe. 30's is where it gets really good.

I'll do my social lifts for you, user

Just fucking kiss her faggot

Next time she's a bit tipsy/drunk, see if she's into you.

She's happily (truly) married. It's never going to be, I just don't know how to move on.

>can’t stand being around people physically or in relationships
>use e-relationship to fill void, fuck being human
>best e-friend is constantly whiny
>if I’m even a little whiny myself they tell me to lighten the fuck up

Attached: 606F4825-9315-44E2-93C5-180C8C57DCB3.png (303x305, 101K)

Ya blew it

In that case you should honestly slowly distance yourself from her, still hang out and that but less less over time. You can't be friends with her, unfortunately. And if the time comes that she asks you why you don't want to be around her that much any more etc. you should consider telling the truth then. It will help you move on.

>e-relationship

Oof.

Read this and remember for next time

Attached: 1501876747867.png (766x5137, 3.37M)

I just want to feel satisfied like I used to when I first started lifting. I look ok rn but not anywhere close to where I want to be. I had a gf for a month because I thought I would be happier. There is no one im actually interested in. I just feel empty and unhappy. The best part of my day is going to the gym.

>had a gf
>had close friends
>tumblr
>makes depression threads on fit
Get the fuck

Here's what my mom who's got sever parkinsons once told me when I teared up by seeing her suffering that much
>even if I won't be alive anymore I'll always be with you. Don't be sad, be happy. Don't let this hinder you from living your life.
Your grandpa wants you to be a strong and happy man. Even now that he's not here anymore, it's what he wishes for you. Take all the time you need to grief and cry and then live life

how was the last time you saw him like? Feelssadman

Not that user but holy FUCK I don't know how I'll deal with my mother passing, only thing I hope at least is that there's no severe mental or physical deterioration.

Attached: 156593047019.jpg (645x773, 73K)

Pic related describes me so well.

I think you're right. She'll make other friends in time, as will I, it won't feel as bad to create distance then.

im so tired of being tired

Attached: ereqrwewr.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>e-relationship
like... dating someone virtually?
holy shit, maybe I'm not as depressed as I thought

I think when my mom’s about to die I’ll just have to kms first

I know it sucks, but life eventually gets better. In the meanwhile, change the things you have control over. Bulk the fuck up and get stronger than ever, do great with your grades in uni, take time for yourself and looksmax, buy new clothes, etc.

The shittiest out of all the things you just said are your group of frens disbanding, try and get them together my guy, Idk what I would do without my mates. godspeed user.

Attached: tmp_a7khmf_7b8f95ad63acfc25_who-plays-max-brother-billy-stranger-things.jpg (980x980, 144K)

>lift
>get healthy
>get hobbies
>best times of my life
>when I go to bed I get the loneliest lows I've ever felt
Going outside and seeing all the families and friends doing things together makes me feel more alone than 10 years of social anxiety NEET life ever did. Doesn't help that I live on a vacation beach so it's always whole families with kids or wholesome elderly couples walking around.

F

sorry to hear that, bro. gonna pray for you and your family.

I felt perfectly content for a singular week and then a 2 hour spell in the past 11 years. The rest is suicidal ideations and a general lack of emotions. I'm just waiting to die,

What makes you idealize suicide?

i'm in a similar situation, and have started the process to distance myself, its pretty rough user.

I dont idealise it. My mind just wanders to thoughts like "I should kill myself" or "i should blow my brains out" or "maybe go somewhere remote, tell my family i'm just emigrating and then hang myself somewhere i wont be found". Things like that. Been that way since about 14 or 15.

But why?

Not that user, but I have similar woes about my mates. I started off as the guy who got us all together, constantly making plans at whatnot.
Eventually, I lost the energy for it and one of the other guys picked up the slack but now we're in this weird place where the rest just want to hang out with that guy individually, and we rarely hang as a group anymore. Been thinking of ways to pick up the slack, but I'm so out of practice in "leading" socially that my charisma is that of a wet tissue. Any Jow Forums?

Attached: DarkSoul.jpg (1280x640, 50K)

not him but I can relate. I just feel so lonely I don't want to exist

I don't know. I didn't experience any sudden trauma or anything. I just stopped being happy. Chemical imbalance, probably.

Some of us just never feel like we belong here. It's not wholly quantified in the word belong, but it's close. Not the guy you're replying to but suicide often feels like a peaceful release to never really feeling at home in this world and not being able to see how circumstances would change that. You may be able to think of it as kind of a living dysmorphia, I only stay alive so I don't hurt the few people I leave behind, as the youngest and last of my family I'll be the only one left eventually.

Why are you lonely? When does it affect you most?
Can you pinpoint a moment when you started feeling like this?

Even if you dont want to, try and get together with the rest of your mates, find activities you all enjoy. For me its not that hard cuz we went to high school all 6 of us, but even then I mostly only speak with 3 of them, but I dont feel uncomfortable hanging out with the rest. Like this one time I crashed at one of the guys I almost dont talk to, and we just hit it off normally. Yes it was a bit awkward but you gotta put yourself in that position to change things. Be confident even with your mates, make them know you are a friend they can rely on.

I understand. I get similar thoughts for the same reason. I've always hated being alive. I hate being around people but being lonely feels bad too. If I could just upload my conscious into data and not have to physically exist around people I think I'd be much more content.

I slowly cut myself out of my friend group because one of the "newest members" was a bit of a cunt. And he brought two cunt friends along with him. That was probably the first moment that I realised I wasn't happy anymore. But that doesn't explain why it's persisted for 11 years despite having very close friends still that I hang out with week in, week out. As well as making new friends, one of whom was probably the human I've been closest to in my entire life and the source of those 2 content hours I mentioned earlier. I don't talk to her anymore either though, but that was on her end, not mine.

>Why are you lonely?
I suppose I've just never really 'connected' with anyone other than my ex girlfriend who left me years ago. I speak to people all the time at the gym, at work, and at meetup groups, but whenever I try to invite people places/events or straight up ask if they'd like to do something with me, they never want to. I think my autism must be palpable.
>When does it affect you most?
When doing group exercise classes for some reason. It just really hammers it home for some reason; the fact that I'm in a room full of people who, if it wasn't for the class, wouldn't want to be anywhere near me. When I'm back at my house it's okay because I can just take sedatives.

IMAGINE having this saved to your computer, AND actually post it

When you speak to these people how do you feel it goes generally? Do you feel good after talking to them or worse?

If I can make them laugh, it feels very validating for me and the high can sometimes last a few minutes. But if they're not receptive or outright dismissive, I feel like complete shit afterwards and usually try to hang myself when I get home. I can never get the pressure on the noose right though, it's either too constrictive and I can't breathe and stop, or it's too loose and I just go light-headed and nothing happens.

That's how much an abundance vs scarcity mindset will affect your life.
This isn't some hippy bullshit, its real.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to have an 'abundant mindset' when you haven't had a friend in over a decade pal.

What do you think is the reason these people are dismissive?

Mate, go and lift. Life is HARD and we all need to nut up. Command yourself for fuck sake man

I saved it. Kek

You know, that's funny. I've hated myself since I was 8, but I feel validated by people's laughter. Maybe this is a thing.

What’s not to get? If you’re in the lowest lows something as simple as a mire will be the equivalent to meeting God

This week my girl left me for a childhood friend and my whole friend group is also disbanding, feel kinda lost atm

The virgin incel life is the only way to happiness

Women ARE all insane and manipulating, they’re just not aware their doing it. I never used to believe it until I’d been in a long term relationship.

I have no idea what really happened with my breakup, she just completely changed personality one day and got with some dude she would usually have hated.

Not too sure man, they either don't like me or aren't interested in talking. I've never tried to re-engage anyone who's been dismissive other than a nod here and there. Don't want to risk it again.

I've been lifting for over 6 years man, it is not a panacea by any means.

I think it's the closest thing to orgasm we have as humans, and so it's as close to connecting with a stranger as possible. I think it's better than making a woman orgasm actually, because orgasms are fairly predictable and you work up to it. With laughter, it can happen in an instant. It's so spontaneous, like lightning striking.

Maybe you're trying too hard, care too much, you know?

I just realized that regular cocaine use changed my personality. I met some old friends who hadn't seen me in a while and they apparently said I turned into a narcissistic douchebag and apparently "I seemed really aggressive on a subconscious level", whatever the fuck that means. I don't know what to feel...

Yeah I feel you, I've tried feigning interest, acting uninterested, and everything in between. I think my voice just sounds autistic, kind of like monotone. You know how you know someone's gay just from hearing them? Like that but the spastic equivalent.

Be happy you hade a great relationship with him and think about what he thought you. You are gonna make it

If you really thinks that's the issue you could always start trying to change that. Record yourself talking and then slowly try changing it, speaking slower, more clearly, whatever.

For sure, I've tried adjusting it subtly but it just comes across as so fake. Plus, it's hard to maintain so when you eventually lapse into your 'normal' tone, it will repulse people even more if they're the type to be bothered by it.

Do you have any close friends at all? They could help.

Thats why you never adapt,you are not a brainwashed sheep like the others or are you? People like us dont follow the trends so we feel like we are left behind but we are still sheeps staying in our house playing vidyas all day thinking we are different. Embrace your power and find your self, noone will help you, at least leave something behind and learn to enjoy the pain

I don't deny being a sheep. I definitely don't think I possess enough knowledge to be 'woke' or whatever the term is.

Who cares if you are 'woke', everyone cares about themselvs.Have you ever noticed that when you talk to someone they always say i did that i do that.People even ask you how was your day just because they want to tell your about their day...Teach yourself to be alone, i dont deny you sometimes need someone to talk to but spend 20 minutes everyday with just your mind laying in bed, examine your problems, solve them

Nah afraid not dude, I don't know anybody. I've tried asking older colleagues how I come across (I feel it would just make the younger ones would avoid me more if I asked them), but they're too polite and say there's nothing wrong with me and that I should just keep trying.

I could just be being paranoid about my voice but I'm just trying to think of potential faults that people would notice immediately. I might be ugly but various women have said I'm 'very good looking' in the past so I don't know if they were just being polite again.

Honestly it could all just be stuff in your head that you've built up over the years. You could try reading self-help-tier stuff, that kind of thing can genuinely help seeing things in a different light about yourself etc.

I'm screaming on the inside and soon to be the outside.

Yeah, they say laughter is involuntary. It's like, they don't choose to humor you, they genuinely like what you said or did.

lift for ur grandpa and be happy just like he always wanted u to be fren

Attached: 1522383002652.jpg (579x523, 90K)

I have never compromised
I never gave in and so I
Have welcomed every challenge in my life
And I have never wandered blind
I'm led by hunger, and so I
Savor every drop each minute I'm alive
Leave nothing left behind
So what you waiting for, tell me what you're waiting for
Don't stand by and deny it
So what you waiting for, tell me what you're waiting for
Break new ground and defy it
Don't let the world outside