/fast/ #478 - how to be a dumbass edition

This is an update from >52076819 I just went for a 20k bike ride on an empty stomach while doing keto. DO NOT DO THIS. I felt like I was dying for the first half, it wasn't like my legs had no energy, it was like my CORE had no energy. I was dizzy, weak and generally felt shitty. Midway through some kind of switch flipped and I felt like I had energy again, but nothing close to what I feel like on carbs. That got me through to the end and I started feeling shitty again, really shitty. I drove home and it took all of my concentration to walk to the kitchen and stuff some cheese and a hard boiled egg down my throat, part way through eating the egg I felt like wanting to spit it out and throw up. I forced it down; collapsed onto the floor and did some breathing exercises. I have never felt this bad in my life before except maybe when getting stinking drunk one time and having to puke out my guts.

I don't care what anyone says, this shit is not fucking healthy. It might work for white people who traditionally ate reindeer antlers while making out with dogs in their countries covered in ice, but it does not for me.

This is barely 1/3rd of the endurance I normally have while eating carbs, I have never had my core give out before my legs do.

Attached: burger.jpg (1500x1485, 386K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aayap3NB2d4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's been over an hour and I just had another dizzy nauseating spell while standing and cutting up chicken for my next poisonous carb free meal.

Fuck it I'm ending this shit. I need blood sugar or I'm going to die. It is my expert opinion that anyone who does any of these stupid fucking diets does not do ANY aerobic exercise at all.

AAAAAA HAMBURGERS HAMBURGERS
SHAPED FOR GRIP
SHAPED FOR GRIP JUST LIKE A TIT
FILLED WITH WHITE GOOPY MAYO DRIP
IM GONNA COOM A LITTLE BIT

Attached: 554963.png (390x348, 125K)

shit man you arent supposed to fast and do 20k bike rides the fuck is wrong with you

Wipe off everything on that burger between the top cheese and the top bun.

Biking requires immense amounts of energy compared to any other activity that you can maintain for a similar amount of time. Always have plenty of carbs the day before a ride and have a protein shake/bar before and after if you aren't gonna have a real meal.

Keto isn't for a normal person biking 20k in a day, it's for a superfatties that walk 5k a day on a 2000kcal deficit and students that can't eat on a proper schedule and need to avoid post supper sleepies in a 3pm class.

That's half my normal ride. I did a 35 hour fast, reefeed and then was well into a 20 hour fast when I did a 35k ride. I was tired, but I didn't feel like I was dying like I am now. I was coming off my carb diet when I did that.

Something is wrong, the fucking youtube videos say that your body is supposed to synthesize it's own glucose to meet it's minimum and burn ketones for the rest of the energy but none of this feels right.

My chest still hurts and I feel like shit even while lying down. Just drank a bit of coke to hopefully raise my blood sugar and fix this shit.

Fuck keto, fuck fasting, fuck fatties who don't exercise and recommend this shit.

Imagine actually being this retarded. Fasting involves no actual thought whatsoever. It's actually a lack of thought. Just stop thinking... Can't fast right????? ngmi ngmi ngmi

Buddy. keto is a fucking joke for endurance athletes. It’s for sedentary people and bodybuilders only.

For any kinda endurance, your body needs carbs. I used to eat 1.5 loaves of bread a day training for a triathlon.

We literally say dont do work on extended fast, you didnt listen and now you think you can preach here fuck you OP.
you're probably that copypasta faggot

About 48hrs in and my hands and feet are starting to feel tingly. Should I be concerned?

It's not an extended fast. I've been eating chicken and eggs with salad twice a day. Who says don't do work on extended fast? That fucker cole talks about how much of an athlete he is and he still only needs 2L of snake juice while swimming in the middle of his month long fast.

It's all fucking lies.

I didn't realize this sooner. I thought body builders did actual exercise, but no shit you can get by on chicken and broccoli when you do no cardio at all.

This is not a keto thread fuck off foodeater

i've done 25 mile rides after 24 hours fasting before, i always take it slow but if that's half your normal ride i don't think you should be getting a reaction like that. could it be electrolytes?

i had the same thing happen when i started fasting and i got mixed responses when i asked about it. i got worried it was a calcium deficiency when it would happen.

it hasn't happened in a while for me though so either i'm getting better nutrition or my body just got used to it.

>just made snake juice for the first time
>try a small cup of it to taste
>tastes like ocean water, nearly gag
How do you people drink this shit?

after a day in it starts tasting better than water

Guys I'm 25 hours into fasting and I'm suffering from a bad headache and yes I'm already drinking snake juice, wat do ?

Update: I fucking fainted during a chemistry exam. I have to ask if this is going to be a common problem because if it is, fasting might not be for me.

Uhh guys stop fasting ASAP

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-091314_Chrome.jpg (1080x2007, 547K)

>have a shit diet
>don't eat enough fat
>do a random 20k
>feel like shit
well no shit buddy, you are the retard not the diet lol. How much fat did you eat? Let me guess none

Add a bit of lemon juice to it if you're a pusspuss

Is it retarded for me to only drink my whey mix and not eat anything tomorrow? I had a great workout today and don’t want to be sore and make no gains.

if you keep your heartrate in fat burn zone you should be able to go forever. you were probably stupid and burnt up all the glucose that your liver is struggling to produce (gluconeogenesis) and you need that to not pass out

Attached: when-does-gluconeogenesis-happen-682x900.jpg (682x900, 85K)

About 48 hours in. Felt hungry for a good portion of today, but it went away. I'll see how I feel at lunchtime tomorrow if I want to break it.

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with fasting? I usually feel pretty weak when I go on extended fasts (more for health reasons, I'm not overweight) but still when I eat all I can think of is how it was better to be fasting than fed. Like a grass is greener thing.

Cayenne has added benefits related to AMPK, mTOR, and circulation which arises mobilization of fat stores. I've used it and EGCG to argument fasting

It makes food taste better, and more satisfying

It is absolutely fine to do endurance work especially if your mitochondria have adapted to specialized in fast burning. This occurs gradually SMS around max adaptation is said to occur in 4-6 weeks.

Yeah that's a really neat side effect.

Can I fast to avoid the disconfort of gallstones/gallblader sludge?
I never fasted more than three days. My weight loss was practically slow, however I'm experiencing gallblader like symptoms.
I already have seen a doctor, he ordered a echotomography and I'm waiting the interpretation of it. Then I'll look for the surgeon to remove it, if the diagnosis requires it.
I always end with some discomfort after eating, even if its mostly refined carbs. When I avoid eating I feel much better tho.
Can fasting make my issue worse?

Update #2:
>have nothing in my stomach except water
>throw it up anyway
What did my body mean by this? I'm done fasting. I might try OMAD, but I'm never doing normal fasting again.

Did you try the snake juice? Usually the lack of electrolytes causes you do what you are describing.

>Did you try the snake juice?
No. I bet that was the problem.

OP UPDATE: I ate a banana before taking a 'nap'. I feel better now, but I did a piss test and the strip instantly turned deep deep purple indicating my ketone levels are off scale >16mmol/L which is more than these dinky little strips are capable of measuring. That 'doctor' on youtube said that nutritional ketoacidosis was not possible, some one needs to kick him in the ass and tell him to get on a treadmill. It's very likely my blood ketone levels were through the roof at the end of my ride and the sugar I ate is now starting to bring it down.

I didn't measure, but I was eating eggs, cheese, salad dressing, dark chocolate, peanuts. All of those things have lots of fat and my piss tests have all been indicating high levels of ketone production.

I don't think any of this is healthy. My theory is that extremely fat people feel like shit all the time which is why they think these diets are better for them, but as a normal healthy person trying these I felt like shit while fasting, intermittent fasting and you know my keto results.

why is every retard who doesn't know a goddamn thing about nutrition doing keto as of late?

Fuck bro you just made me fap

>I don't care what anyone says, this shit is not fucking healthy. It might work for white people who traditionally ate reindeer antlers while making out with dogs in their countries covered in ice, but it does not for me.
lol what

Genetic factors. This 'doctor' claims that the carnivore diet solved all of his problems because his ancestors lived in a dark frozen hellhole and ate nothing but meat for the last 100,000 years. youtube.com/watch?v=aayap3NB2d4

I should've known not to trust him, you can see the fat hanging off his jowls.

I come from a place which is humid and tropical, my ancestors probably spent the last 100,000 years farming rice. They likely had fats from fish and dairy, but a really high fat diet is unnatural for them.

I want to bitch about How the first days of fasting are the fucking worst. Is like i am an adict hooked to some drug and that drug is the food.

sip it, also for me it helps to swirl it around in your mouth for a moment.

coffee/sugar withdrawal? drink coffee it has like zero calories and will keep you sane.

>Keto sucks for endurance athletes
You couldn't be more wrong. All ultra marathon winners are keto. The issue is mitochondrial adaptation which takes a while. Once you're adapted you can actually go a lot further without gassing out.

body needs salt and potassium when fasting, 3000mg a day or some shit. Even more if you exercise or sweat a lot