Why am I so fucking weak

Attached: Soprano.jpg (968x681, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
youtu.be/s5hpE9wYka4
discord.gg/RG7cJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you didn't recover properly, because you didn't give yourself time to recover

Im training every other day like SS says though, I only did some cardio and upper body calisthenics yesterday

This and you're gonna just have some days where you're like that. Maybe your getting sick or something, or just dehydrated. I wouldn't worry that much. Lifting is about perseverance. Don't sweat it user. Hit that shit hard next week or whenever you deadlift again. Never give up! Never surrender!

because deadlifts require a lot longer to recover than any other lift. thats why most people only do heavy deadlifts once per week. learn to periodize your lifts and they will start to skyrocket.

Deadlift once a week faggot. Not every single day.

Only once a week? What about twice a week on a PPL program?

Split it up as far apart as possible if you are going to do that. Max rest time.
Im not a fan of trying to max anything more than once every 2 weeks. I know you wanna see your progress every week but you'll likely hurt yourself if you keep that up.

Same here. Deadlift is the weirdest lift for me. Recently I did 5 reps of 315 pretty easily. Then the next time I might not even be able to do one rep of 320, or just do 3 reps of 315 again, with the 3rd one being ridiculously hard. And then for no god damn reason, I might be able to do 335 for 5 the next time I deadlift. Followed by only being able to do 5 of 315 again. Progression on the other lifts at least makes sense. What the fuck guys.

Attached: 7Usv9OU.png (802x523, 492K)

Not even advanced lifters should deadlift more than once a week. Its recovery time is too much. Even trying 2x a week chances are you arent recovered the second time, which will throw off your next lift.

eat more

user it's been a day

CARMELLA WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

>every other day
>on Monday
>Today is Tuesday
You are a retard

>He doesn't know about timezones

share your secrets

Attached: HydeAiming.jpg (934x736, 105K)

fucking australians, man

I live in New Zealand; it's Wednesday here

But SS says to do them every workout

SS is a literal meme.

Attached: 1531422390545.jpg (624x767, 106K)

based kiwibro. Auckland?

What? I just want to get stronger

No, Palmy

sounds like you never had the makings of a varsity athlete

Attached: gabagif.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

Will gabagol make me stronger?

And you picked the worst routine to do it with

What should I do then?

Fuck off

do not listen to that retard SS doesnt say to do that.
you are probably later into the routine an need to replace one dead lift day with power cleans or rows
startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

Attached: deadlift.png (644x469, 28K)

If you actually read the book you do deadlifts every workout initially until it gets heavier and then every second workout, and eventually once a week.

But I'm only at 100kg

phase one only lasts one to three weeks
if you want to extend that longer, eat more sleep more have good genetics

But I can only increase the weight by 2.5kg. Increasing it 2.5kg every other workout is nothing

idk senpai i do it by 5kg for lower body 2.5 upper body

also make sure to warm up correctly

youtu.be/s5hpE9wYka4

Attached: weight.png (648x220, 24K)

i don't understand why the fuck people in this thread pretend that intermediate/advanced lifters can't deadlift more than one a week. you can have a heavy deadlift day where it is a main lift, and later in the week use lighter loads and variations for volume/weak points/form etc.

>5kg for lower body
Since 50kg squats I've been adding 2.5kg. Adding 5 might kill me
That's assuming you're eating at a surplus

Sometimes you just have off days, OP. You’re never 100% all the time.

starting strength is nearly impossible without a surplus, i suggest you find a different kind of routine

Like what?

well there's no strength program that can get you as strong as SS so maybe look for a bodybuilding type thing

but you are missing out on a lot of gains, and i wasted my time for a whole year trying to do different programs and not realizing i needed to eat more.
ill be happy to discuss this more on discord sometime but for now i gotta go hit the gym

I'm 25% body fat; I'm pretty sure I need to cut

Did a whole routine with a cold once.

discord.gg/RG7cJs

No, Christchurch

Attached: A3KwBRz.png (364x313, 7K)

Good on you

>South Island
cringe

Yes

A beginner should be

>variations
Those aren't deadlifts dumbass

he isnt intermediate he's a beginner doing starting strength

I think he's referring to the people giving advice

Are you a woman?

Because my 55kg wife was upset at only having your lifts last month. Fucking prolactin from breastfeeding made her weak as fuck.

I'm a beginner

>a deficit deadlift is not a deadlift
>stiff legged deadlift is not a deadlift
>speed deadlift is not a deadlift
>paused deadlift is not a deadlift
I'll give you that an RDL might not be necessarily a deadlift due to the movement being an eccentric SLDL but you're a baiting nigger.

Those are variations, variations are not the main lift. When people say "You can only deadlift once a week" they're talking comp deadlift. Things like the RDL specifically exist for more pulling volume in the week

How do I increase volume on an LP?

Increase weight

volume =/= intensity

80% of your 5rm x 8-12 on alternate days

deadlift on one day and on other do a lighter variation, RDL, SLDL, deficit, speed/accomdating resistance, etc.

my 14/yo little brother deadlifted 100kg the first day of his gym

Why are so many men so weak nowadays.

you need more than one day to recover idiot

i do deadlifts once a fucking week, you did it in two consecutive days

holy shit it took more than 60 replies to this thread before this comment showed up. Things are looking up for Jow Forums

Progress isn't linear. Recovery isn't guaranteed.

Just cope.

I was deadlifting every day and it stalled at 130kg for reps. It's because of no recovery time. I haven't deadlifted for 2 weeks since. Will probably try again tomorrow.

No, I had one day in between

>DL day
>do couple of warmup sets
>do 110kg for 5, no problem feels like i could do 20 more
>struggeling to lift 120kg x5
>barely push out 1 rep of 130kg
>go back down to 110 and can do 10 reps easily
Is this normal?
Been lifting for years but mainly focused on bodybuilding. My squat and deadlift are pathetic especially for my body

Cunts like you should be euthanized, you'd rather spread your disease rather than missing one or two workouts

>I live under a rock and dont understand that there is a whole other planet of countries and people around me