Since Jow Forums is completely flooded with off topic threads, let's have a Jow Forums related thread

Since Jow Forums is completely flooded with off topic threads, let's have a Jow Forums related thread.

How was your workout today?
Did you hit any new PR's?

Attached: 42823343_525107934622270_4696675429856494053_n.jpg (750x600, 84K)

I don't usually work out tuesday. Only thing I really did was pick up my little cousin in a blanket and swing him around through the air.

OH YEAH.
I HIT A NEW PR, ALRIGHT

Attached: 554965.png (1369x1414, 762K)

Felt great. Bench 145 today. I know it’s not amazing but it was a personal best for me and I’m pleased with the progress I’ve made.

Good job user wagmi

Was pretty good, no PR but hit 170 x 3 on squats, then as an accessory I switched to highbar for 3 x 8 and had literal perfect form, could only get up to 120 since my legs were already fatigued

just hit 185 3x5 for ohp earlier today, hope to get 225 3x5 by the new year

I tried wrist wraps for the first time for my chest day. My wrists still hurt from a failed bench a year ago. I dont think it helped much. Hit 275 for 1 rep though, but I'm 28% bf so I should focus on losing weight.

Rest day. Modifying my normal routine since my first week back after spine crushing injury lol. Hitting modded shoulder day tm morning after work. Just super incline pushes to avoid downward spinal pressure

Sick OHP, mirin

Nice, i hit 265lbs for bench at about that bf% doing a cut now. Can hardly rep 225 anymore lol, but i look and feel better. I hate being bloated, never again. Im getting back up to 265 the legit way.

I hit 1/1.5/2.5/3.5 for reps :(
Idk why OHP is so easy

It was pretty good. It was squat day, and my squats were shit, but everything else was good. Hit a new 1rm on incline bench at 145 and my lat pull downs are up to 5 for 180.

it was ok
week 1 day 1 of madcow, so very very light compared to the 6 day split ive been running since april
it felt weird, and was done really fast
I'm going to fucking kill myself tomorrow though because it's a cardio day not a li fting day, I want to lift 6x/week or I feel like i'll explode

What made you change user?

semester started yesterday, i just dont have time to bee in the gym 13 hours a week anymore

Anybody running the 10×10 German hypertrophy 6 day plan?
Im on week 4 and feel pretty good but don't feel like I'm getting stronger. The pump however is amazing.
It's pretty intense, doing 60% of your 1rm 10×10 on everything seems light but by set 6 it's fucking hard.

3 weeks in the gym I worked on my back today and i managed to deadlift 100 pounds 12 reps in proper form and I'm proud of myself

>6 day 10x10 hypertrophy routine
>don't feel like I'm getting stronger

well, yeah of course not.

Good job user

I went to the gym furring my lunch break. I only have an hour so the workout was only 35min long. I'm really proud of myself for being this committed again. Hunting after a 500lbs dead and a 300lbs bench right now.

Im adding 5lbs to most lifts every week, so i am getting stronger i guess.
Progress has no patience i suppose.

I was thinking of doing it as a way to kickstart 2020. Can you say a bit more about why you don't feel like you're getting stronger? Is it super slow progress? What's the recovery like? Seems like 10x10 bench would fuck your chest up good and require a few days recovery.

Hit 200# bench for 4 reps today at 157# BW. Feels like I started to break through a mini-plateau, so I'm happy.

It's really shitty for doms the first week. But yesterday i did OHP and bench and today I'm hardly sore, so you adjust. The progress is about 5lbs a week on the compound lifts. But i can tell you doing ohp and then bench back to back 10×10 and having to keep taking off weight on your bench the last 3 sets is demoralizing. But im gonna stick with it until i can rep 185 for bench and 200 for squat i think. FYI the squats are gonna kick your ass. Gotta stick to the 60sec rest period too, that's what kills you.
I think overall it's making me a better lifter. More form concentration and more stamina, but if you're after stength gains and PRs i wouldn't do it.

It's deload week

Have you filmed your form? You might be getting a little leg drive in there.
You could just be a good presser too, some people are weird.

>go for lmao2pl8 squat at end of workout
>normally do it at beginning
>can't do it
>no safeties
>squatting on the floor looking like a mentally ill slav
>about a full 2 minutes
>gym chad asks if i'm okay and helps it off of me
I don't wanna go back but I can't give up now. Chad has blessed me with his presence.

Attached: AEBFF20A-D744-4012-87E0-E23142A4E33A.png (277x419, 171K)

Yesterday I hit 405 for 7, really happy about it, my first set of 405 greater than 1 rep in my training

No prs because today is upper body day and I've been stalled for ages. Thinking of just blasting my body with frequency until I either die or my fucking ohp stops being such a slow cunt.

Deadlift*

Helpful post, thank you. I'm not exactly chasing strength since I'm an aesthetics shitter. 5lbs per week seems reasonable enough for an intermediate style program (60lbs on each compound by then end, that's significant in my book). Those stamina gains sound nice too, I get winded after 5x5 of heavy squats.

Hit 40 pounds each on DB bench last night. Could probably do more but trying to do a normal progression each week. Side question: I've been doing scooby's PPL for about a month now, I feel like I can up the frequency of my workouts. Would PPLPP be too much or should I just do PCPCL? C is one hour of cardio

Front squat 4x15 at 135, felt good brehs

Attached: 64131536635149699E5DCC7036CCC49D.png (800x840, 109K)

Just to clarify, 5lbs on some not all lifts. And you bump up the weight and try to make it all the through most weeks you can't, but by the next week you bump up again and get 5 lbs heavier to 5 sets and then back down to last weeks weight for the last 5. I think this is week 5 and I've really only jumped like 10lbs for the full 10×10 on a few things.

What was the plan here? Were you retarded and doing a 1rm without safeties or do you usually squat 2pl8 for reps?

I usually squat 2pl8 for 5x5 but I overdid it on every other machine at the gym and didn't realize

Attached: 1554431112765.jpg (750x741, 49K)

Hmmm. That changes things a bit. I guess increasing ohp by 60 lbs would be a bit bonkers for anyone that's not a beginner. I still may give it a go since it just sounds fun and I love volume days (everyday is volume day on 10x10!).

I did 180 3x5 bench the other day and today I couldn't even do 175 for 1 set of 5 reps. What's the problem? I am eating and sleeping enough been lifting 1.5 years.

On another note, how do you unrack or "lift off" the bar on heavy sets? It's a weird position to push from and if I set the pins higher I have to do a very narrow grip and cant lift as much. On some sets ican do the weigh but can't even unrack the bar

Thread was deleted immediately after i posted this.

Jannies are confirmed russians

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-200528_Chrome.jpg (1440x2560, 1.03M)

thank you for seeking to restore order desu.
>convince myself to actually lift legs today
>do some stretches, be nice and limber.
>waddle over to squat rack
>get under the bar, do first squat in probably a year if not more.
>watching self in mirror, form looks decent.
>throw on 25’s to bar
>unrack weight
>alrightthisisdoable.jpeg
>do two sets of 10
>take of 25’s, put on 35’s
>thisiskindofheavy
>do set of 10.
>decide to say fuck it, put on a plate
>can only get 5 reps, good depth tho.
I ended the day with dumbbell front squats, leg extensions, and leg press.
>DOMS already starting
I’m simultaneously obese with chicken legs.
>feels bad, man.

Attached: 402974B3-B2F1-4219-8364-F167AEE47B09.jpg (680x680, 30K)

Extremely based boomer. How’s your work trip btw? Any hotties at the pool?

dang bro, how long you been lifting?

>

Attached: file.jpg (911x1024, 80K)

Lmao you fucken fag why you trynna know bout my day you a gay ? Fuck off fag u not my bitch hoe uoa FAGGOT fuck off bitch you pussy you couldnt even do a quarter of my lifts homo

I don't mean to shit on you but don't ever squat without safeties above 60% training max.

Idiot

based god keep it up

did you poast about this in another thred? if so still mirin strength, if not, mirin anyway

strength has a lot of variance from day to day from "intangibles" like cns involvement, mindset, etc. if you had somebody screaming at you to do it, you might have pulled through. It's not like you pussied out, its just some days aren't as powerful as others. I think all people with more than like a year of experience have had this phenomenon occur.

As for pushing off for heavy sets, they should be the same as all other sets. If not you need to adjust your form. Consistency from light/warm-up sets to heavy sets means drastically lower chance of injury. You might need to deload, unless you don't mind using a spotter on every set to help get started, but that's gay to be quite honest with you family

I had to do the roll of shame on my last set. Ever since starting this new job working outside igging holes and lifting material, every time I walk into the gym it's inconsistent. I'm getting a bit tired of it and will be looking for a new job this weekend.

Rest day muhfugga. Bought yesterday squat rack and multibench ,home gym masterrasse now!
Max weights 70kg, need to buy more plates!

Getting back on a solid routine, finally in the low 180lbs range having dropped from being 230lbs a year ago. Ive still got a pouchy belly and love handles but my chest and arms are really coming far.

Really? we still have like 4 months user, do we have to start this now?

Similar story
>benching lmao1pl8 by myself a couple months ago(twas my recent PR)
>arms literally give out on the push upwards
>I get stuck underneath the bar
>make eye contact with three different people
>no one helps
>a minute passes and finally a guy comes and helps, say thank you

pls be kg

Please do not ridicule me I’m desperately trying to get back into shape. I’m doing my best.

Attached: 44F983AC-D0CB-49C8-B8C1-2B39C7467174.jpg (640x631, 36K)

benched 2 plates for five first time
squatted 3 plates for some reps and fit chick regular gymrat has mired me

pretty decent
nigga happens to everybody
be mindfull of your maxes next time and dont go balls to wall if you dont have safeties

i rolled 3 plates off my back once and felt like death but shit,only people who dont do anything dont do mistakes

It was a very late workout and it's 3am now but it was great, thanks. No PRs but soon :^)

260x5 bench pr. im gonna kill myself if i dont hit 3pl8x1 by the end of the year, i dont care if i have to bloatmaxxx to hell to do it

nigga its a marathon not a sprint

work your back, work your tris and you gonna get it
3plates is really respectable bench and it takes time

cmon even untrained fatties can do 135x5 their first squat sesh

I was there once man. Never got any higher. Gave up and went to otter mode, never benched over 240lb again. Feels good and bad sometimes. Check in at new year's. I hope you make it.

2nd day on zero carbs, the deload is being fairly easy for the moment, the hardest part is drinking 7 liters of water every day lol

Had a vacation and a fuck ton of shit to deal with beforehand so I took a couple weeks off. Did a deload but I'm back to where I left off at 3 weeks in. Hit a whopping 125 OHP but I'm happy I'm almost at lmao1pl8

>35kg plates
yeah that sounds reasonable

I played DDR and it was fun
Back to the grind tomorrow. BP 1x5@170 and 5x5@145, & DL 1x5@285 and 5x5@235.

I’m a top-heavy chicken leg’d obese manlet. I literally bench more than I squat. I’m working on evening myself out.

Attached: 3ADCCBB6-AB19-420D-AD1E-3418CA567455.jpg (628x787, 53K)

up your salt dude
big time

are you cramping / light headedness

Had the day off from work so I went in the morning and did a pull day. Not bad not great, pump was really good though.

I hit 3x5 185 bench yesterday. Will go for 195 next bench day.

don't worry user I was just pulling your leg. Keep up the work and SQUAT gains will come

Honestly pretty good, thanks for asking. No PRs but I'm rehabbing from a minor pec tear, and am fairly happy with my progress. Not moving anything too heavy, did a lot of work with 225 to keep things stretched, moved up to 265 for a set of 5 and figured I shouldn't push beyond that. So yeah, I'm happy with that.

3 months in, finally deadlifted my weight (70kg). We're all gonna make it brahs.

i know im gonna get it eventually lmao, its just frustrating as a lanklet to be such a shit presser. and I actually just started focusing more on my triceps cause I realized i was lacking since id been focusing on my shoulders cause of an injury

Still amazing myself with how much easier deadlifts are with a belt.

>July
>running 5/3/1 for about 6 months now
>failed a lift for the first time on the program, needed 455 DL x3, only got 1
>thought I might have to deload
>decide to finally go ahead and try a belt
>came in a week later, the day before DL day
>I need 475 for a single
>belt up, get it up easily
>today
>need 460 x3
>easy again
>even got 410 x3 double overhand somehow

Good day

did you go to Bradenton for wsm?

That's a huge fuckin jump for 3 months of training, better jump on a cycle

Started nSuns 5/3/1 this week since I was dissuaded to do Madcow but the reps and sets seem pretty weird. Anyone have any experience with either programme?

Attached: DSC_0006_LZDCKLDFOP.jpg (603x900, 124K)

40 lbs in 4 months is ambitious but by no means requires gear.

i used to lift a little like 3-4 years ago and just got back into it about 2-3 months ago, the secret is im like 280lbs 6'4 so fat but i am trying to get down to 215ish
no
true, maybe next year or so would be a more realistic goal because im in the process of losing weight

Big issue, been doing push/pull 3x a week each but sometimes i get really exhausted, tired and no engery, even with preworkout mid workout. Could it be overtraining? My mood feels shitty and I have little appetite

I did nsuns for a bit, switched to 531 for beginners because it seems better suited for my xp lvl (stalled on SS, couldn't stand TM... early intermediate/late beginner?)
I like it better doing 2x/wk on squat and bench while upping the volume as opposed to just once, plus I can't get comfortable with any of the squat variations that nsuns calls for.

>i used to lift a little like 3-4 years ago and just got back into it about 2-3 months ago, the secret is im like 280lbs 6'4 so fat but i am trying to get down to 215ish
Post the rest of your lifts, we might be twins. I hit 195 x3 this week at 6'4" 265, down from 285 at the start of the year. Are you sure 215 is feasible? I don't want to go under 230.

Went for a quick 1 hr run. I can see the improvement in my times and in my body

I go MWF because I'm a noob and that's what the program says, tomorrow though its time to make gains

Hit 225 on bench and 375 on deadlift for the first time
Officially have 1/2/3 (hit the squat and press a while back) and will probably be hitting 4 plate dl soon
On the other hand I'm cutting and the hunger is only getting worse. Cant wait to start eating big again and really let my lifts blow up

I will be honest the rest of my lifts are utter shite for my weight but cgbp and incline are 225x6, regular bench is 255x5, squat is only 275x5 because i started that about 3 weeks ago as before that i had an injury and so built up from low weight to focus on form.
added the following a 1.5 months ago when changing routine up to add volume barbell row 195x5, rack pull 405x5, rdl 280x5. i dont really do conventional deadlift because my gym doesnt fucking allow it and it is the only gym in my area with hours that fit my schedule

weight wise my goal is just to get like pic related or greater and 215 is just the mark i set, i will probably adjust the goal as i get closer

Attached: rzhaB.jpg (800x1400, 210K)

I have extremely fast metabolism. Ive been off 2 weeks on friday, first week was sick af and couldnt lift, and this week I have my semester finals, I have 2 tests left thursday and friday. I lost all my glycogen, havent eaten even 2000kcal per day.

Atleast after that I have a full month and a week to focus on lifting. Ill come back stronger and bigger

I squatted 205 for reps, up from 195. Pushed 75's on dumbell bench up from 70's. Good day overall

I fucking hate this picture, you can immediately tell that the artists has never lifted a weight in their life.

I see, not twins then. I'm pretty balanced. But I can't blame you for focusing on the most fun lift. Weird that rack pulls are allowed but not deads. Try "deficit rack pulls" while standing on a block so the ROM is identical to off the floor DL.

The roll of shame is less shameful than being stuck under a bar for a minute

Did a dumbbell and resistance band workout at home today because it was over 100 degrees outside and I couldn't be fucked to go outside to get to the gym.

Got a really nice pump. I might do this more often.

Thanks for asking, neighbor.
Today I wasn't feeling to well, so I waited until 8pm (sundown) to go for a run. I've been trying to improve cardio lately. But I set a new PR! 6.28 miles (most ever run in one session) in 1:08! I was really happy with that.

How was your workout today?

Attached: not mad.jpg (640x718, 106K)

Probably due to your bench form. Odds are you should be gripping wider. Try moving your grip farther out by a finger so that you can hit yours pecs better

Put up 4 reps of 80 pound dumbbells each for overhead presses. The hardest part is getting the weight into position when doing a seated overhead press.

Yesterday were easy dl sets of 8 with 175 kg, start of a new program so I took it light.

Sets of 8 reps on bench with 87.5 kg ez pz.

Did arms, then did 3x12 barbell split squats with 76 kg (I hold onto power rack for balance and elevate front foot by 10 cms so that I have same ROM as back squat), I had quad pump so painful that I lay in anguish on floor for 5 minutes before I could get up.

It was fuckin shit. Did 35kg ohp for 8 reps last week but today could only for 5. End my suffering