Why hasn't something as effective and simple as myostatin knockout for huge auto-gains not everywhere through the black...

Why hasn't something as effective and simple as myostatin knockout for huge auto-gains not everywhere through the black market?
Shouldn't the invisible hand of capitalism made this widely available decades ago?
It's real life super-soldier serum.

Attached: swole_mouse_fren.jpg (302x203, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy#Hurdles
ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/myostatin-related-muscle-hypertrophy
physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/physiolgenomics.00054.2009?view=long&pmid=19509079&
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531085/
instagram.com/beast_of_winter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get cracking retard. Learn chemistry and get the drug out there. It's your million dollar idea

bump

Hint: gene therapy is hard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy#Hurdles

They do this successfully with wasting patients who have COPD and shit already though, right? Can't you just do whatever they're doing? I think the limiting factor is still obtaining the actual drugs rather than doing them correctly. The latter part might be very hard, but I don't think anyone's even getting up to the step where they have the drugs in the first place. Which is kind of mysterious to me. I know with recreational drugs they seem to always be available no matter how much they're suppressed by legal action or how dangerous they are if you do them incorrectly. But with this it seems like some weird unobtainable phantom even though it's been around for a very long time now and has even been used with actual human patients.

Probably increases organ size as well

Attached: AE9D1470-C95B-4FBF-9203-81A7540FD108.jpg (800x1078, 163K)

lb for lb the bigger muscles aren't actually stronger

I forgot where I read this though

>Shouldn't the invisible hand of capitalism made this widely available decades ago

Pharmaceuticals and other narcotics used to work this way until those pesky regulatory organizations stopped me from being able to buy cocaine for pain relief

it's probably one of those things that they can technically do, but not practically.
like how they can do all kinds of stuff with cloning organ tissue, but it always fails in weird ways that make it unusable.

You can get cocaine easily almost anywhere though.
Even back in university when we'd end up in some city we'd never been to before during a road trip we would always end up finding it somewhere.

>it's probably one of those things that they can technically do, but not practically.
They already have been using it successfully with wasting patients for a long time now. It's not like it's some highly experimental new thing we only know about from rat studies. That's what makes it's lack of ubiquity so strange.

it's just like 4 letters it can't be that hard

the government is supressing it

Myostatin deficit muscles make you a time bomb, because you have all this power but your ligaments weren't built to withstand it, so you get hurt A LOT.

Literal glass cannon.

Great, that's cool. Can I still get it OTC? No

hmm i'm looking into it for the first time now...
so while there have been some definite successes in phase 1 for various drugs, phase 2 is a lot more strict and there are lots of failures.
but more importantly theyre antibodies which are extremely complicated.
this is in contrast to something like sarms, which are just single molecules that can be created with advanced organic chem.
or in contrast to HGH or insulin, which are simply figured out and produced in large quantity.
all the myostatin stuff looks to be under lock and key for a long time.

Attached: Antibodies-Isabelle-Topin.jpg (680x400, 56K)

>Can I still get it OTC?
What does that matter? The topic is why aren't myostatin blockers on the black market, not why isn't it over the counter. Where are you even getting this idea from to try to talk about over the counter legal substances in the first place?

There have been several drug trials to do just that and they all failed for various reasons. Follistatin was the closest I think. Someday..
Not exactly. The drugs have had hideous sides. They haven't found a good way to inhibitib myostatin short of gene exiting but that does us no good.
Not true. Look up Myostatin Related Muscle Hypertrophy. Inhibiting myostatin is sides free.

>tfw you were born with myostatin deficiency

Attached: feelsroman.jpg (665x720, 58K)

>that does us no good
Wasn't someone in the news a year ago for doing CRISPR on himself?

Self-diagnosed and you believe your own bullshit, or just knowingly lying on the internet?

Attached: proof.png (277x271, 8K)

Got my DNA tested on the recommendation of my doc. Shit's not sides free like this nigger states, there are some downsides. Stretch marks fucking everywhere, risk of cardiac hypertrophy and tendon/joint problems cus they can't keep up with the muscle growth.

I mean it's not really a side effect, it's just a consequence of explosive muscle growth without supporting exercise. Steroid users have to deal with it too, but they're usually already at the gym to begin with.

>Doubts of this sort are indirectly supported by the observation that this increase in muscle mass is not accompanied by a proportionate increase in muscle force (5,6). Furthermore, cattle with hereditary muscular hypertrophy (double-muscled cattle), many of which have been shown to harbor mutations in the myostatin (Mstn) gene, are actually prone to muscle damage after mild exercise (7–10). It is reported, however, that myostatin-deficient mice do not suffer from muscle fiber damage when subjected to brief periods of exercise (11).

I honestly think that if this kind of thing was worth it, it would be available in some form by now. There's just too much money to be made.

In humans there are no known health consequences of myostatin deficiency. This kind of thing is very worth it because it helps patients with muscular atrophy from disease and drugs are being resarched and trialed.

>no known health consequences
>cardiac hypertrophy
Pick one

Or just stop talking about shit you know nothing of.

I know exactly what I'm talking about because actual humans born with myostatin related muscle hypertrophy are completely healthy with no health consequence from the disease.

>muh internetz knowledge

Ok, my doc lied to me about the risk of developing cardiac hypertrophy, good to know internet friend.

Jesus fuck people on this board are getting dumber by the day.

>Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy is not known to cause any medical problems, and affected individuals are intellectually normal.

ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/myostatin-related-muscle-hypertrophy

Doctors can be misinformed. Some are even worse about it than non-doctors because they develop a God complex after med school and start ignoring anything that disagrees with their assumed trivia for any given topic.

Myostatin does 99% of it's work in-utero.
THere are myostatin inhibitors out there, they just don't do shit to adults.

Alright let's play the Spam The Google Results game
physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/physiolgenomics.00054.2009?view=long&pmid=19509079&
True, but even if he was wrong about the risk of cardiac hypertrophy, myostatin defiency doesn't come without cost as I have stated previously.

being myostatin deficient in humans does jack shit. Our fine motor neurons pretty much cuck ever looking like a lean mass chimp. If you want to look like a roider you gotta roid, this gene expression doesn't activate that mode naturally in people.

>no known adverse effects
This is by no means the medical consensus, myostatin deletion/defective mutations are pretty rare, even rarer to have 1 copy from both parents.
Doctors dont make diagnosis based on a couple studies, they do so based on their education , hypertrophy of the heart is linked to cardiac problems, it is not unreasonable for a doctor to consider that a risk factor.

Man you're stupid. You posted a study on mice. The link I posted comes from the US genetics home reference governmental site. It's about as definitive as a source a person can obtain.
This is by all means the medical consensus.

>all medical studies not performed on humans are totally worthless
Ok nigga.
>This is by all means the medical consensus.
IT'S SETTLED THEN

No studies on mice are of use but we already have human studies. There's absolutely nothing new about your study on mice that should translate to humans.

There are only a handful of human studies on myostatin deficiency because it's rare, so there is no particular interest for the pharma industry. Consequently claims such as "there are absolutely no downsides" are just pulled out of your ass based on a 10 sec google search and not on research.

A handful of human studies is unequivocally better than animal studies and while I've actually researched this topic quite a bit when you have as good of a source as I do you don't need more than a few seconds in Yahoo! search engine.

>I've actually researched this topic quite a bit
Where? At the University of Internets?

Attached: 1563904424258.jpg (640x694, 268K)

Nope, it’s specific to skeletal muscles, doesn’t even enlarge your heart

No I got my info from an doctor who is backed up by a questionable animal study that conflicts with human studies from named credible souces.

>anyone who can use a search engine is a scientist
whew

>it takes a scientist to look up basic info on a disease
lel
do you also need a climatologist to check the weather?

Organ growth comes from HGH, Myostatin instead blocks an inhibiting protein so your muscles essentially double in size.

Literally it would be a zero workout drug, though obviously you would still need to exercise to get the most benefit from them via nerve efficiency.

>climate equals weather
lel

Attached: 1565616353323.jpg (447x438, 17K)

Doctors often think they know more than they actually do.

t. paramedic

Yeah but you get more pounds of muscle so lb for lb is an irrelevant comparison even if you're right.

Metereologist you retard
Go back to 3rd grade where you belong

woosh

>Literally it would be a zero workout drug, though obviously you would still need to exercise to get the most benefit from them via nerve efficiency.
From my personal experience, even if you don't lift for years, you retain a lot of muscle mass, for me especially on the legs. If you start hitting the gym again after a long break, you make rapid gains and get back where you left from in a matter of 2-3 months. That's also where the problems with the tendons and joints come from, they can't keep up with the growth.

Which is common in most animals who have a mutation that causes myostatin deficiency. Excessive weight on the bones and joints being the most common, though in the case of Belgian Blues they're so large they can't even mate properly.

The point is, without myostatin you would have an increases amount of natural muscle that your body has decided that through normal everyday movement is sufficient, so you would in an untrained state be able to lift more than a person who has the normal myostatin amount. Obviously with training you would naturally gain muscle size,density and increase efficiency like any normal person would, though the maximum potential and starting point would be different.

This pretty much sums it up.

For reference, me after a 4 years break and 2 months into lifting again.

Attached: 20190814_101923.jpg (301x294, 18K)

Guess you should be a good bloke and go sell your genetic material so we can all start injecting MYoblock in a decade or two

Kek, if the money is right, I'll consider it.

I'll give you a dollar for one of your cummies

I never say this but here it is
>Post body

Sold.
Open your eyes, man.

Lol why are you bringing meteors into this now?

I guess, but still bad cardio carrying that all around

Was lead to believe you would look like a roider or those myostatin cows.
U just look like a guy who started lifting again.

I don't know anyone who looked like that after two months of lifting desu.

Fpbp

How do achieve right-mouse mode?

Government would be using it for wars retard

Yea i'd agree there, dude looks builtfat and forearms don't seem at all like he's taken almost half a decade break

Post shirtless back nh
Also your big 4 3x5 totals
If you don't mind

They are planning to make you eat bugs, do you really believe they would want you to become an uber chad needing 10k calories per day to maintain weight?

I'm not gonna look an IFBB pro without roids, no matter what.
I don't have a shirtless back pic, might take some if I get back and the thread is still up.
Bench: 105kg
Squat: 120kg (don't want more, legs get disproportionately large)
OHP: 60kg
DL: 250kg

did you think I unwittingly selected to use the term climatologist over metereologist? lul people on this board really are retarded.
this disease affects some more than others some not at all
l

Attached: 1547092391553.jpg (640x665, 46K)

Creating myostatin knock out recombinant vectors is not as easy as it seems and can have seriously implications if not done correctly.

You deadlift 250 kg after 2 months?

OP and anyone else in the thread, there's a hospital in Canada doing human trials on myostatin inhibitor.
We can meet at the nearest planet fitness to there in a month and do a heist.
>I'm putting together a team

Yeah DL was always my strongest lift, but I developed fucking golfer's elbow from progressing this fast kek.

Attached: 1518482133511.jpg (555x445, 36K)

lmao

myostatin mutant fatass checking in,

My routine.
I go for a walk about twice a week, and otherwise do not leave my desk. Do about 20 pushups for the whole week aswell

120kg

Attached: dyel.png (1079x2042, 2.03M)

except bigger muscles = more mass to feed oxygen = higher blood flow requirement = enlarged heart to accommodate the higher flow

this would be extremely dangerous in conjunction with normal exercise and normal high release

>except bigger muscles = more mass to feed oxygen = higher blood flow requirement = enlarged heart to accommodate the higher flow
>this would be extremely dangerous in conjunction with normal exercise and normal high release
Increases lifespan by 15% in mice:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531085/

OHNONONONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHA
HE FELL FOR THE FUCKING CREATINE MEME AND FUCKED HIS GAINS

Attached: F82CC0CB-887D-4684-B6A2-87A5236C10C6.jpg (750x373, 57K)

Myostatin is a muscle growth inhibitor
, less myostatin is good

Are you just pretending to be retarded? I bet you think higher scores are better in Golf too.

What a dumbass.

Attached: 1565975435846.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>higher scores are better in Golf too
but they are

>blocking of MSTN pathway
>learn chemistry

Attached: 55044335.png (207x243, 7K)

Dude, you look like a regular fat guy.

>I share a board with retards like this

Attached: 1565676941056.jpg (336x460, 30K)

post body

We can only do it in mouse embryos.

high IQ post

Attached: just do it.jpg (948x920, 381K)

>roiding for this

Attached: pepeskeptical.jpg (249x240, 17K)

Nice LARP, faggot.
instagram.com/beast_of_winter/

>manlet detected

>except bigger muscles = more mass to feed oxygen = higher blood flow requirement = enlarged heart to accommodate the higher flow
lots of cardio = more red bloodcells = more oxygen in blood with same heart size.

you look like shit

this post is is bait but there are other things that downregulate myostatin too, like exercise and eating protein.

Yeah, that's me.

Whooooooooo caaaaaaaarrreeessss freakier by the day baby you know my flava.

based actual biology major

Attached: 1565887919568.png (310x310, 9K)

The idea is that training your nervous system helps you move heavy weight by coordinating muscle contractions, so individual with smaller muscles can be stronger than one with bigger muscle. However if that small muscle individuals muscles doubled in size, i.e. total number of muscle fibers increased, he would become stronger. This is the point of doing hypertrophy and intensity workouts in cycles, to get bigger muscle to make you have more muscles to use, and to train your nerves to use those new muscles

make sure it's golfers elbow and not a pinched ulnar nerve