I always hear bb bp is not that good for it
so what is?
the top
the #1
???

Attached: file.png (185x185, 33K)

db bp

Weighted push ups

Single one? Dunno. I do bench, incline dumbbell, dips and peck deck.

Chest machine

I’d say incline bb bp honestly. Gets that upper and middle chest, and anterior delts pumped.

Obviously dumbbell bench press you absolute morons, look up studies that have compared flat barbell and flat dumbbell presses, dumbbell press activates the whole chest more

heavy fucking incline dumbbell bench press +light and slow and high rep cable crossovers

BB BP IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER

you will never see a guy with a big bench and a small chest. so the answer is simple: get a big bench

fpbp

right here bud. want to see what a 305 bench looks like?

i started doing more volume and got much bigger.

Attached: ab.png (663x791, 1.15M)

>305
>big
lol

that was WHEN I ONLY DID HEAVY BENCH AND BEFORE I DID VOLUME.

that is why heavy benching doesnt make you big. light high volume chest crossovers made me much bigger after that.

Post newer picture

>not increasing weight you can use on high volume days by alternating heavy and high volume days

Reverse Barbell Rows

Db pullover

if i do flat, incline and decline bench, should i do them same day or for example 1 variation a gym time?

Cross Body Cable Press and Dips.
Cross Body Pressing is >>> than Bench Press for pecs since the pecs are the primary mover and being contracted through the whole ROM and reaching peak contraction instead of just being the primary mover at the bottom.
Dips are just an insane upper body developer overall that will pump your chest and tris up to insane levels.

DB pullovers primarily hit the lats, and cables are better for pullover movements anyway.
You can make pullovers more chest-dominant by using a barbell or a similar implement and using a wider grip with separated hands as opposed to a dumbbell but horizontal pressing and arm adduction as in flies or pulling your arms across your body will work your chest more than pullovers.

> fat
> small weewee
> gay tattoo

well at least you got dubs

i always do heavy on flat bb bench, heavy bb incline bench and then light cable crossovers

Dumbbell bench press. I switched from barbell and gains were instantly better.

do you go heavy or moderate weight?

Natty? Bench

Roid freak? Flyes

Slight incline dumbbell press is GOAT

Moderate weight 10-12 reps, currently weight of 2 dbs I use right now is ~75% of what I used with barbell. It also feels more natural, hand positioning and shoulders feel more natural.

Weighted dips are superior for the pec major and the clavicular head. You can go heavier on it as far as total system weight than a flat bench, and it's been shown to activate the upper pecs more than an incline. (See Bret Contreras's solo EMG studies on chest & tri exercises)

/thread

checked

DB bench works best for me, but trying to program it in 5/3/1 is a bitch. BB bench is 200 for example, yet getting 100 lb. dumbbells into position is a job in and of itself.

Seated chest fly. Obviously not as cool or fun as bench but for pure chest activation its gotta be the flies

Fpbp
Incline DB Press is god tier

Yeah, getting dumbbels into position is the worst thing about it, that's why you go lower weight and more reps. After all it's all about hypertrophy, doing powerlifting style low reps with dumbbels is not worth it imo.

Incline DB chest press, check that your elbows are are above your pecs and just in front of your shoulders, slow on down, elbows out keep them parallel with that in between shoulders/pec, slow up. Go for hypertrophy 16-18 rep range and do at least a few sets.

nice i was looking for a new method ot impinge my shoulders thanks user

based i can really feel it in my labrum

If your press form is good, there's no reason it should impinge anything, think similarly to a wide stance push up, but in press form.

nice troll mate

t. powerlifting instructor

flaring your shoulders out that far is the definition of shit form. you can't have good form with some 85 degree flair you're talking about

>tfw when I just chicken press my dumbells into position and only lift heavy.
What you use your knees to get the weight up? Sounds like you guys are pretty weak lol. Learn to handle a dumbell properly

can you post a video to proper form?

Amen, brother. I swear by this movement, but the kids won’t do it because it doesn’t look like muh benchpress and it’s hard to get started.

Attached: 0AF54D5D-3D25-4EB1-AD33-01108B3C9A9C.jpg (2576x1932, 571K)

This, followed by bodyweight dips to failure.

dips are trivally easy if you're not fat but i agree they're bases as fuck. every push day should include dips + bench though

To the people in this thread recommending dumbbell incline: how many reps do you do? I usually start with flat barbell 3x5 and the move to dumbbell incline 3x8.

isometric palm press

Dips
Bp Press
Incline BP
Chest Flys

I think they require a level of coordination that people find intimidating. Easy to bench (to a point) with awful form, hard to dip with it.

Plus, it looks awkward, and if you go to a gym like the one I go to, there’s always a crowd of young guys playing grab-ass and having macho man bullshit competitions with one another.

Cable flies.
Any other answer is dyel retards thinking their opinions is relevant.
Cable flies are literally the only thing you need for big tiddies.

The answer that no one wants to admit, too, is that you can get an incredible chest workout from plate loaded press machines alone. Put 5 plates on the wide grip press machine and tell me it doesn’t work your pecs.

Attached: 9DDEDEBE-94C8-4DD8-A9C8-4CFFBF2D80CC.jpg (1575x2100, 864K)

Based wide grip press poster. One of my favorite machines, its like a dirty secret I don't tell anyone about like that time I got blown by a fat chick. I told everyone about that one though

your dumbbells

Attached: 2kg-dumbbell.jpg (900x900, 55K)

After 3 years of training I came to the final conclusion that flat barbell bench is the best chest builder for me.

Im pretty sure it greatly differs from person to person

Thanks for the OPINION

Attached: 1564635423519.jpg (2048x1536, 508K)

You want another great opinion? People think BB Bench doesnt build a great chest because people egolift it. Never doing more than 4-6 reps per set.
Try doing hypertrophy BB Bench where you do an amount of weight where you can reach 12 reps and feel your chest burn

Based and dip-pilled

Barbell bench is 85% about triceps my dude. Depending on your sticking points, you will know what you need to work on. If you don't develop a strong triceps, pecs and even biceps, you won't have an impressive bench.

Every powerlifter with an impressive bench will tell you that you need to adress your pecs using accesory work, same goes for triceps. There is no other way, if you want to have the best results. If you are doing it recreationally, sure, stick to bench only, it depends on what you want.

Mate not even meme'ing your chest looks like shit

Lol nah. Right now I db press 90lb dumbells, working on 95s.

Cable Flyes are fucking good.

>Implying the same thing doesnt apply to dips
Just like every push exercise, the wider your grip, the more chest activation, the closer the grip, the more tricep activation. It isnt rocket science

close grip pause bench or dips if you want to be a contrarian. anyone saying incline or db is a dyel with a trash bench
bullshit bro science. your chest is always the primary mover in a bench your triceps will never over power your chest. All powerlifters get their chest from pause bench.

Also bullshit bro science. Close grip is more rom and stretches out your chest more.

Dunno if I’d agree on that one my man, but I have better pics.

Attached: E54B1A1F-F0B7-4557-A33D-1781EC673B4B.jpg (540x960, 52K)

This. It's a much comfier movement and much easier on the shoulders. Also no real way to develop an imbalance

Your chest is always the primary mover in a bench

Hahahahahaahahahaahahahaha

I already know you are a recreational gym goer bro, take it ez man

Very sexy dude. How long you been lifting and what are your numbers on bench etc

Big chests are ugly, fight me. Also all that muscle mass and expanded skin is going to sag when you get older and youll have boomer mantits.
Pic related is as big of a chest a man should have

Attached: 789780780780.jpg (968x1521, 100K)

Lol. Thanks broski. Been lifting for about 6 years (neglecting incline, obv), dipping for 2 and some. 180 lbs dip at a bodyweight of 186 recently. I don’t bulk but 1-200 calories over maintenance, and natural, so, slow progress. Working weight of about 135 on dips, maxing out plate machines, pec dec. Nothing to write home about.

Nice. And your flat barbell bench?

Never worth a shit, imo. Maxed at 275 with a lot of associated rotator cuff pain.

T. small chest and weak bench

>powerlifting
nice meme

this

he isn't wrong tho. If you have a big chest when you are young you will definitely have saggy tits when getting older.

This but unironically. Maybe a bit bigger than Sandow's but that's it.

bb bp
>gr8 as chest compound
>can lack isolation compared to other exercises

if u want isolation of the chest, you want db bp, or cable and you want to twist and turn into it to really stretch and challenge the pec all the way for max gains

assuming max gains is hypertrophy for you, and not strength

compounds will always be king for strength

post body

Dumbbell bench.

DIPS.

>able to go heavy
>able to get a good stretch
>reveals weakpoints.

Push up handles hands down.

Them push up bars at yo local park do wonders as well

Volume, frequency and progressive overload, regardless of exercise selection as long as it hits predominantly chest.