Whats your guys opinion on squatting 3 times a week like in SS and texas method...

Whats your guys opinion on squatting 3 times a week like in SS and texas method? I see alot of shit thrown at SS and too much squatting on this board.

Attached: 1566244706240s.jpg (60x125, 2K)

SS is shit on because its a program than either makes you fat as fuck or end up looking like a T-rex, if not both. Squat as much as you want.

I mean there are some programs with minor variations like adding curls and dips. Wouldnt those make it abit better?

I went from 1pl8 squat at 135lb bw to 3.5pl8 squat at 180lb bw in 7 months of SS

Nice job

Thanks, mate. Didn't like the big legs and the multiple torn pairs of pants, though

bUt ThAt iS iRrElEvAnT bECaUsE AeStHEtIcS

are there any examples of SS horror stories?

Whenever t-rex mode gets brought up it's always accompanied by the same obvious photoshops that I"m starting to think the meme has grown larger than the truth

My arms honestly grew quite a lot from just OHPing and benching, but the book recommends chinups and accepts doing curls

This. Haven't seen any actual proof of this, just mongos instantly jumping into any comments about SS and posting the same pick

>torn pairs of pants
>lmao3,5plates
lmfaaao

Maybe you just have bad leg genetics
I tore 3 pairs of pants from squatting down and 1 pair of gym shorts from squatting with weight

you're supposed to squat in shorts not in pants lol

I wasn't in the gym when my pants tore

In no world is gaining 1.5 pounds a week natty a smart move fatty. Drop down to your former weight and see how much "strength" you maintain

I love squatting 3 times a week
monday heavy 3x5
wednesday kinda light 6x8
friday moderate 4x6

Squats are cool but
>1
Literally under no irl circumstance are you doing a squat to depth
>2
Everyone is afraid of chicken legs so they overcompensate and look fucking retarded. Like bro you got female proportions

Sure. You just go ahead and lose 1/4 of your body weight and see how much you maintain

retard.
I squatted 405 in my first year of training, making 10lb jumps between each workout, and I was 165.and teenager

hope you gained 1.5 pounds a week for a whole year too you retarded fat fuck

You sound a whole lot like a coping dyel who has been making shit gains and eating too little

ok kid more like an oldfag who's tried everything and can assure you gaining 1.5 pounds as a natty is not worth it in the slightest.

I agree that it was probably unnecessarily much, but losing weight is so easy and fast that I don't really care that I gained too much weight before bulking more intelligently and I most certainly don't regret my SS + GOMAD gains

SS and SL are BEGINNER barbell programs meant to get the body used to compound lifts, developing the CNS and putting on some muscle. Given that context (not a bodybuilding routine, not an Olympic routine, and not meant for intermediate lifters) I think squatting 3x a week is a good volume

every time I try to squat more than twice a week my knees fucking die