Well Jow Forums how do I do more pull ups? I can only do 3 or 4...

Well Jow Forums how do I do more pull ups? I can only do 3 or 4, and no matter how many negative pull ups or shitty pyramids I do I can never increase the number. What do?

Attached: US_Army_pull-ups.jpg (1590x2400, 570K)

Same problem. I went from being able to do two pull ups to 5. Now I'm stuck at 5. Like once I count and hit "5", my muscles give out or something

Gf loves army guys and wants me to dress up like one.

Just thought id share that.

Weighted pull ups. But be carefull for injuries. Search the "Russian fighter pull-up program". And patience. Being able to do many pull ups is something that takes a long time to achieve.

5x5 2x/week first exercise you do

Lose some weight

does it count as weighted pull ups if I'm 20lbs overweight?

I can do 9 or 10 max. Don't even lift. I can only imagine how many I could do if I started training.

how much do you weigh

backs like volume. try doing as many sets of 3 or 4 throughout a day. my record is 34 sets of 8.

how do you get better at doing pullups? you do more pullups

HOWEVER if you struggle to do more, like in your case this will be a problem. So, for you additionally to doing pullups I would do lots and lots of lat pulldowns (10-12 reps for sets). Volume is King

so the routine will be
max reps on pullups, for 2-4 sets
Lat pulldowns (same grip as the pullups) 10-12 reps for 3-6 sets. And make sure to not cheat these like a lot of guys do using their backs

t. I can do 20 at 90kg and 15 with +10kg weighted

Should enlist and get the full Jody treatment

Yeah great advice. You think i should marry her before i get shipped off?

STOLEN VALOR

Yes it does. What the fuck are you doing on this board then? Lose that weight and youll be able to bang out 10 clean form pulls

Get those shitty elastic band things and use them until you physically can't do a pullup anymore.

While deployed I was doing pullups pretty much any time I went outside and had to use those for a good couple months.
I was able to do about forty without stopping afterwords and probably another hundred without the bands.

You literally just have to do more pullups.

Yeah and put a down payment on the house too

I'm working on it. I've lost 55lbs since April

if you wanna do a bodybuilding range of pullups, the easiest thing is work your way up to the weight with sets of 10+ on lat pulls. eventually you'll even get to your body weight (assuming youre not fat) and pull ups will be easy.
technically you can just keep doing what you're doing too, but i guarantee your progress will be slower.

lose weight, fatto

so shes into gay fags

The military isn't cool and hardly anyone gives a fuck about them anymore.
>Do females even like a guy in uniform nowaday?

nice, keep going man and it will get better

Reduce reps and rest time, and increase sets.
In your case try doing 3 sets of 3 pull ups with 1 min rest period. Do 4 days a week. Try increasing next week. If fail, stay on 3 pull ups.
Pumping pull ups to exhaustion once or twice a day, or doing tons of sets with big rest periods is not as effective.

And one more thing - if you're a beginner, you can't REALLY push yourself to the max. That too requires training. So if you do 3x3 and your muscles don't feel 'inflated', you can and should do more pull ups in a set.

Doing a beginner calisthenics routine along these pull ups will help you speed up the process. Also eating big is an absolute must. Don't be afraid to put on some fat, you can cut it later

Attached: simply_fabulous.png (450x281, 149K)

grease the grove as they say.
if your max is 4, do 2 x 5. heck do every day thats what i did. then add 1 every day.since its body weight are your at noob level you should be ok. to improve at pull ups id recommend doing it a minimum of 3 times a week.

Idk my gf seems to like dressing me up. She likes The Rock and got me a load of Under Armour stuff. Which is funny because when i wear the slim fit tshirt, she hates other women staring at me.

Women are strange.

160 lbs

>manlets working out
I could literally grab the bar with my feets still on the ground.
>playing war on the worlds warplayground, getting your body blasted to shreds for some weapon lobbyist jew

stop being a fatass /thread/

If you want to do them like the army then kip like mad.
>everytime they set up a pull up contest at the state fair and they let people get away with absolutely shit form

One mans shit form is another mans crossfit

I didn't know the Army did pull ups, I thought it was a Marines thing

Retard pacifist mentality lmao, never been in any military hm?

I weigh like 200lbs, maybe 20%bf and can easily bang out 10 good form pullups purely from rock climbing, it is not a meme workout despite what you will hear on here

I asked someone at my gym the same thing. "Just do more pullups lol"
"but I do pullups til failure every back day"
"then do pullups the days you don't train back"

Went from 3 reps per set to 10 in a week

add chinups, they're easier so you can get more volume. i've never even trained pullups but they're easy for me now since i do so much chins, and my lats exploded in size over the last year

1. You do as much as you can.
2. Wait 5 mins. (rest period)
3. Go to step 1.

Don't worry if you don't do much. It takes a while for the body to get used to it.

israel thanks you for your service

Set a higher than achievable goal. Tell yourself you’re going to 8 no matter what. Then you should hit 6 or 7

barbell rows, progressive overload

Attached: 1566329939917.jpg (681x1024, 61K)

Do more pull-ups

Attached: Fucking how do I do more pull-ups.jpg (682x900, 176K)

If you can do 5 normal pull-ups try adding some weight and going for 3-5. That was the way for me and now I can do +12 and 1 with 32kg

Heard that there progressive overload is good.