I've been reading that 12-15 is the optimum range for hypertrophy...

I've been reading that 12-15 is the optimum range for hypertrophy, but then read anecdotal experiences that 8-10 rep range is better.

Is there a consensus on the best range for hypertrophy or is it subjective? or to failure every time?

Attached: 1566403538061s[1].jpg (249x249, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I weigh 325 pounds, don't lift, and browse Jow Forums to tell people to post body, so I can empty my balls to it later lol
Just stop lifting bro

Holy shit based

Attached: 1566344047645s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

If you look at a lit review, it actually doesn't really matter. You can have people do 8 reps or 25 reps and it doesn't matter, so long as the weight is adjusted accordingly so the final rep is a challenge (could not do 3 more reps).

Total number of sets hitting a muscle group per week is the better predictor of hypertrophy. (>10 is best)

all i know is i get a better pump from higher rep ranges brah. i do 3x10 for all my workouts brah. good luck brah we're all gonna make it brah

69 reps is optimal

Attached: vidrig9.jpg (396x396, 97K)

I heard that it's all about TUT (Time Under Tension.)
It should be between 45-60 seconds per set to get the best hypertrophy workout. So if you do 20 fast reps (2.5s/rep) or 12 slow reps (4s/rep) it's sort of the same thing.
I usually go for 12 reps with 1s concentric and a 3s eccentric movement and it seems to be going pretty well.

go back to 1970s grandpa and stop spreading false information
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/
time under tension and rep range is a bunch of bullshit, you should be changing rep range to break through plateaus

It's not number of reps. Under the right weight, you can build muscle from 3 to 30 reps.

Just fuck around a bit and see what your body responds best to.

Kek'd

This should answer your question.

Attached: F6F78FBD-5CB7-4C3F-9287-3C8C40A08C36.jpg (1242x1254, 462K)

>However, muscle mass gains are similar when light (30% 1RM) or heavy (80% 1 RM) weights are performed until failure
I don't get it

What? I don’t think you actually know what you are talking about

what dont you understand about going to failure?

I don't get the 30% 1RM light / 80% 1RM heavy part.

I suggest you look into Brad Shoenfield's countless research on this matter.

>hypertrophy instead of strength training
>enjoy having big clunky non functional muscles
>enjoy being weak
>enjoy increased injury risk due to fatigue

Lets say 100lbs is your one rep max. 30lbs till faillure results in the same gains as 80lbs till failure

That's a good pepe

Oh like that. Thanks for explaining.

You can have functional muscles only if you do both strength training and hypertrophy work. Also that's how you minimize chances of injury.

RPE>Reps per set

You must not have seen the study of trained >3yr lifters, one group taking every set to failure, the other to an RPE of 7-9, the failure group lost mass

sauce?

I read that a mixture of 6 to 12 reps is best for hypertrophy.

>get minimal strength AND hypertrophy gains because your body responds to one type of training at one time better than two at a time

Whatever you do, do not lift 6 or 7 reps

Attached: 3C3EF057-9A63-4CF8-A136-F8149E4DF678.jpg (750x614, 309K)

Don’t listen to this liar, 7 reps of a 7th set is the path to true power. So it is written, so it shall be done.

What a despicable toad

I read that sucking dicks is best for hypertrophy and protein gains

It makes good neck training.

>one study
meanwhile there are multiple that show that not only myofibrillar muscle protein synthesis is the same with 30% and 80% 1RM sets done to failure but actual muscle gains are the same

you have to look at the bulk of the evidence

Just don't do 7 cause you'll get zero gains

post body

Based and redpilled beyond belief.

>"Lift shit until it's really hard to lift anymore, doesn't matter the weight"

Easy enough brainlet?

>These observations question the utility of high-volume training programs that are designed to maximize the acute hormonal response as being ideal for stimulating muscle growth, at least during a relatively short duration of training. >Emphasizing training intensity over volume may provide an advantage for accelerating muscle growth and strength gains in a short-term training cycle.
So basically, short term it holds true, but doesn't say anything about long term training, correct?

>7th rep gap
Dyels will never know the risks

Are you a literal mouth breather? Like do you actually suffer from mental defect?

Not him btw

you're a faggot for wanting hypertrophy
strength ftw

>mfw I unironically do 6x9 SuperSets

Give me the rundown on these pepes.

enjoy your empty, hollow, non functional, too big, none aesthetic muscles hypertrophy fags

If I'm doing 30%xF I'm gonna be there all day.

Hello, newfag

/svt/
t. made some of the edits

Is this for muscle hypertrophy or strength? I can't imagine myself getting to a 3 pl8 squat by doing like 100 reps with 45 lbs

>get minimal strength AND hypertrophy gains because your body responds to one type of training at one time better than two at a time
The main driver of strength gains and hypertrophy are the exact same thing you retarded cunt. You mongaloid retard, were you dropped on your head as a baby? Actually read something before you post so you might at least be able to pretend to know what you’re talking about. I hope you try to chew gum and walk at the same time so your single brain cell becomes overloaded and short circuits

You’ll gain strength better at lower (~3-5) reps because neuromuscular efficiency

no they aren't
thanks for that retarded comment with no proof, insight or reasoning

there's a reason why different rep ranges train different things, why powerlifters lift more and can be way smaller than bodybuilders
these things are facts and exist

by your logic a powerlifter should be able to do 15 reps and gain just as much strength as his 5x5 which isnt true

you know that already, or you don't cause you're a dyel

do your research

Kek, that reddit spacing breh. And I didn’t say anything about a powerlifter gaining strength at high reps, I just said You can only increase neuromuscular efficiency to a point, you have to gain size as well

Attached: 160CF3FB-A029-4E76-A896-2B2262CCE2A7.jpg (800x820, 257K)

cool

Strength is a specific thing. You can gain strength through hypertrophy but if you want to maximize it, do low reps with 82.5% or over of your 1RM. You can in fact get strong while looking like dyel. Also, I forgot to write that minimum of 10 sets per body part are required weekly for hypertrophy.

Are you seriously saying I can do
10 sets of 3 @7 and have the same effects as
10 sets of 8 @7?
I seriously doubt that user. While I agree about RPE ranges are just about the same in the case of "hypertrophy' for any RPE above 7, TOTAL VOLUME should still be king.

And the kikes saying that doing every set until failure must be a newfag that hasn't even trained properly for 1 year. Even people on roids can't do constant RPE>9 sessions. You're just asking to get injured.

>I sdill don ged id

Attached: B3E55E4D-E4C1-4440-B695-423C6AE9342C.jpg (480x480, 51K)