Calf raises in the smith machine or a barbell?

Calf raises in the smith machine or a barbell?

Attached: image.jpg (800x600, 63K)

Smith machine. Barbell will just have you spend half the time keeping your balance.

Machine, it's an isolation exercise don't take up the rack and bar for that shit.

Machine. 3 pl8 or you’re not a man.

or you could not be an absolute cunt and take up an entire rack for something you could do with dumbbells in a 1x1 foot area. literally who

On the leg press. Can also work whatever muscles are on your shins too.

This, supersetted with the presses. If you can do the same weight with your calves, you'll grow

Oh yeah sure buddy, lemme just grab the 205lb dumbbells and swing them across the gym to do some calf raises. Ever think about people who lift more than you?

based

post body

>take up an entire rack
Oh no Gwen can't do her 30lb guided moon squats, oh nooo

The only acceptable use for a Smith machine

Anytime Fitness doesn't stock calf machines. I'll use the rack, thanks. Won't take but 10 minutes to complete.

>he workouts out his Achilles tendon
b...based!

Honestly, if you’re just trying to isolate calves pic related is better.

Attached: 69CE2544-7ADC-4B19-A924-07528786AAC4.png (1320x821, 420K)

For some obscure reasons these are not available at my gym so I end up using a Smith machine and a step to isolate my calfs.

Or hold heavy dumbbells.

Why wont you fucks just RUN instead of doing some meme exercises.

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

Seated with dumbbells on your knees. Hold them with a neutral grip.

>not holding the bar at the top of a deadlift and supersetting calf raises with shrugs while getting all kinds of grip gains
It's like you don't even care about efficiency.

Useless exercise, so don't do them at all. Spend your time on something that matters. Do a set of front squats instead, with a barbell, in a squat rack!

>implying that is a bad thing
you unathletic piece of shit

If you dare to take a whole fucking rack to train calves I will literally smash your head kid

Now thats what i call pod racing

Use the leg press machine

>10 minutes
>for calves

guess how i know you're a dainty little faggot who is destined to be a dainty little faggot forever

seated hits the soleus more, standing hits the gastroc more, so do both
or just do standing because who gives a fuck about the soleus, the gastroc is where the teardrop is at

shoo shoo gains goblin, you can't get me with cardio today

Jump rope.