Dumbbell bench thread

How much can you dumbbell bench?

Attached: download (3).jpg (290x174, 10K)

30 lb tfw

85 lbs each hand

i do 35s for reps.

3x10 40lbs

60s for 8-10 reps.

I usually substitute barbell bench for these because I go to the gym alone and I don't want to get fucking crushed. It's probably a mistake though, my chest is really lacking. Advice for anons who go to the gym alone?

50s for a 3x10, could probably do 60s but I dont have 60lbs dumbells at my house.

I've read it claimed DB bench is better than regular bench for building chest because you can bring your hands in close together at the top.

I've heard that too, but at the same time you move less weight total. My deadlift and squat are both between 3 and 4 plates but I can't even bench 185, so I think that's just a meme

80s for reps. My chest is tiny though

26kg to 28kg for 10 good reps and sets

is it good?

55's 4x (8-10 reps)

Attached: 1383251_624540380938029_1702261382_n.jpg (261x174, 11K)

did 40kg for 3x10 last week. no idea why you'd try max on them though

40lb 3x10
Chest is ridiculously tiny, live in bumfuck truckstop so im lucky there's even a weight room here, the cage we have here isn't set up for benching so I'm left with dumbell presses or OHP for chest

90's for 3x8

I dont do them because i'm not dumb ;)

80lbs for 10 reps. Then I do another 4 sets taking off 5lbs each time.

Attached: unknown.png (1280x720, 623K)

60s on the GSLP. 62.5 next time. Planet fitness only goes up to 70 or 75 I think. Ghey.

4x10 2.5kg

Should you alternate between grips to work different parts of your chest? I.e one week doing regular, another doing close grip, etc.

are you me

I barbell bench 225 at 5x5 and one-rep like 250, what would be a good weight to dumbbell bench with?

75 lb each x8

I just did this so 10kg(or whatever the unit is in £). Minimum 2 sets of 10

I just did 3x10 with 65s (lbs).

75 lb each x8

Whoa you are me haha

3x10 20 kg

50lb each hand, 15-20 reps, 3 sets

65 for 5-6 reps x 3

I'll admit my form felt sloopy though to the point I wasn't comfortable. Decided to focus more on incline and other chest/shoulder/tricep work to build strength before trying again.

I'm a planet fitness fag though so I'm only 10 lbs away from glory.

8-10x50kg
4x54kg

My normal gym only goes up to 50kg due to local law but the next state over goes to 58kg

I repped 30kg dumbbells yesterday. Tribulus is working.

Attached: minä.jpg (650x492, 41K)

There's a law on the size of dumbbells???

how do you position 54kg in each hand without snapping your wrist?

not him, but i've got a pair of olympic db's that can go up to 100kg each

15 away from glory here. What's your plan once you've eventually and inevitably conquered the PF dumbbell rack?

Reminder not to lockout like this, makes the upper portion of the lift useless

INCLINED the 110s (pounds) for a set of 10

some fucking nigger beside me literally got up and left because of how mogged he got

im natty

probably the strongest natty ITT

24/7 unstaffed gyms have higher safety laws, and almost every gym in Australia is 24/7

I move my hands from the middle of the dumbell handle to more of the heavy part (if that makes sense).

So when its vertical on your knees, ypur hands are as high up the handle as possible

Trying to push for higher reps or pause reps/one and a half reps or the hold one dumbbell while repping the other one sets.

Honestly the hardest part of moving up is actually getting the dumbbells up right. It also doesn't make sense how my Dumbbell press is ridiculously close to my actual bench.

>Last time I tried to 1rm I got 165, failed 175 but felt like I could have done 170.
>Doing 65's each arm for 6 reps...doesn't add up.

55 3x5 because i use it to sub in for bench cause too autistic to ask for a spotter

post body

Able to do 70s x5

Chart seems awfully optimistic, but feels good mang dat dere advanced

Attached: standard db.png (768x559, 76K)

I do 90s 8x3
Hopefully by mid-september I can move on to the 95s.

thats in each hand dumb dumb

pls I need to know

>advanced
So you're 90 pounds?

Getting the initial lift doesn't seem as bad to me as trying to gingerly put the weights down when I'm done so as not to set off the alarm. It's hell on an muh carpal tunnel.

Also do you bar bench on the Smith machine or do you bench somewhere else. Don't you dare claim to have a free barbell at your PF

Attached: 1i7v3B7.png (550x550, 150K)

I may not be lean but I can lift more than you fag.

Attached: 882 - Copy.png (437x767, 515K)

Nah, I do it on the smith machine. It sucks having to focus on making sure not to grunt when I'm trying to force the last bit of a rep out.

interesting. might try. i only db bench now after getting pinned. barbell bench intimidates me more than the squat

hahaha novice confirmed

it sick it piss

Looks like you've pissed yourself.

Attached: 1564729641992.png (450x720, 145K)

lol did you wet you pants? also which homo took the picture for you?

jason you're up early

I know those feels friend. I only gym alone and I'm shit scared too

Good luck :)

t. struggled to do an awkward set of 5 with a pair of 35 pound dumbbells

When you lift as much as I do you piss your pants sometimes. It's common.

fucking plebbits
i use smartbells

do u mark ur scent on the deadlift platform?

Attached: spraying_vs_urinating_cat_behavior.jpg (728x396, 38K)

my gym only goes up to 75 lbs but I'm pretty sure I could do a few reps of 80/85 max I've ever benched was 2-3 reps 2pl8 on a smith machine

Retard just drop the weights when you are done. It is definitely bad for your joints long term and you can get injured trying to quietly put the weights down. I drop my dumbells and nobody gives a shit, nobody has ever complained or even looked my way in the gym when I do it.

>fat manlet expects anyone to believe he can use 110 pound dumbbells

lmao don't lie, retard. you struggled with the 60s, felt embarrassed and hobbled on off like the little faggot you are.

Attached: 1528159935232.png (387x365, 26K)

A fucking law? Which country?

Train now with 30 (per dbd)x10x3 going real deep for stretch. At bloatlord before i left /fat/ i could hit 60kgx2 but I have now shed 32 kg so don't even wanna try maxing. Will mentality dmg me.

post body twink zoomer

>nobody has ever complained or even looked my way in the gym when I do it.

that's because nobody is gonna notice a pair of 25 pound DBs hitting the floor, faggot.

I will never visit aus. Worse nannystate than sweden, holy fuck. Not that I will ever live in sweden again either

wait is the 55 pound dumbells for 3 sets of 5 decent for a late novice? what would this translate to bench press wise?

Australian law for unstaffed 24/7 gyms

feels good knowing pushing the 110s ON INCLINE is hard to believe. im almost a superhero

I db press 90s. Not that it is an impressive weight but they are loud when you drop them and like I said no one cares. I am just saying it is really easy to injure yourself if you are pressing to exhaustion and try to get the dbs down with control

probably the equivalent of 1pl8. dumbbell bench is harder at higher weights.

110 incline is not hard to believe, but yeah if you push that for few sets at 6-10 reps good for you. It’s not superhuman or anything though, lots of people at my gym can do that :)

whats the most impressive?

185x5 OHP
275X8 Bench press
495x3 deadlift
245x5 incline bb
or 110x10 incline db?

all lifts are in pounds

and natty

Hard to tell without seeing your form desu

you are short fat and have nothing to be proud of

dont bounce my deadlift
bench tempo is 3, .5, 2, .5
incline bb is always paused at bottom for 2 seconds
OHP form is reset every lift, big breath in, push, lower, repeat
incline db is just go go go

who hurt you?

post body weakling. I bet my arm is the size of one your legs.

4x10 25kg

Sure, if you are dyel.

ah, i have been putting in my bench 1rm as 155 for estatting purposes, measuring by extrapolating my dumbbell set of 5 to a theoretical dumbbell 1rm standard and comparing it to bench 1rm standards.

its probably accurate then

I know you're right user. I'm just trying to respect the rules of the "gym", though I do doubt they've ever sounded the alarm on anyone.

40kg dumbbels 4x10 yesterday. Pretty fucking weak considering 80kg on barbell is not even my warm up

Worked up to 5x5 @ 50kg. Lots of ppl mirin at gym. Biggest issue at that weight is getting them into position. I think that's 110lbs in burger mumbling

My incline dumbbell bench is better then my flat db bench because i can properly set up and tuck my shoulders. How the fuck do you guys set up for a flat db bench?

More like ribulus :--D

I sit down on the bench, put both dumbbells on my knees, then lay back while keeping my forearms perpendiculars to my torso.

Not very impressive

>it actually was a fat manlet
very cool

my shoulders kill me doing db presses, any help? yes i retract my memeula any other advice?

POST HEIGHT FIRST PUSSY

Asking for fitness advice on a Japanese anime board. Fucking lol

Never going to make it

Attached: 1563767744556.jpg (251x242, 15K)

10 reps with 90lb dumbbells, is that good?

125 pound dumbbells for 1 on flat bench and 110 pound dumbbells for 4 on incline bench

50kg/110lbs dumbbells for 7 reps.

Try warming up more and see if that helps.

Attached: pepecigar.jpg (249x249, 12K)