Hexbar or barbell for deadlifts?

Hexbar or barbell for deadlifts?

Powerfatties stay out

Attached: best-hex-bar-review-pros-and-cons-2018-deadlifts-2.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/TBDeadlift
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HEX always. Better biomechanics, better risk reward ratio. Also no nuts getting squished

Hex bar deadlift is basically a squat

>LARPing as if you are going to do either
No chance of leaving the basement today eh?

hexbar deadlifts aren't real deadlifts

They're better

unless you're not a faggot

Hexbar deadlift is like getting a blowjob from a man, it feels great until you look down and realize you're gay.

see >it's only gay if balls are touched

Hexbars turn your deadlift into hack squats.

this

Just do hack squats if you're that scared of deadlifts.

not op, currently just doing conventional once a week, I'm thinking about doing both variations in the same day
is this a good or bad idea?

Depends if you can recover from it

>Hex bar deadlift is basically a squat

guess how i know that in addition to having no idea what you're talking about you've also got totally shit lifts and a shit physique to match?

Attached: 1509306632273.jpg (300x300, 26K)

I do both now. Started getting back pain from conventional deads so switched to hex. Doesn't hurt and can still do lots of weight. Now i just keep conventional light (3PL8) and go heavy on hex.

conventional DL on one day, hex bar DL on another day. enjoy the extra volume + better CNS management.

i really miss this image i've not seen it for like 8 years. thanks man.

I'm a 465lb deadlifter and just switched over to hex bar. Never going back. Don't care what retards on here say. Once you start reaching your genetic limit form will suffer unless you want to autistically train for years at low weight. Hex bar is safer, I can lift even more weight and it's great to have at home for farmers walks and shrugs. I don't compete so who cares.

>Christians 1
>Atheists 0

Also, just use your mind to fucking think about your hammies when doing hex bar DL and sit the fuck back to get a sick stretch in them and that way you can be sure they're being used.

Next time actually try working out and see if you learn anything.

Hexbar is literally ‘cope: the deadlift’
Used only to hide weakness and or poor conventional form.

Hex deads are useless if your goal is gaining muscle

ever seen anyone with a good deadlift and a poorly developed back?

didnt think so.

Joke's on you, I have a home gym in the basement, dumbass

They're different fucking exercises you sperg, they do different things. That's like asking tricep kickbacks or suicide sprints

Do both. Hexbar for your heaviest work and conventional and romanian for lower % and higher rep work.
t. sub 5 plate deadlifter.

They're actually quite similar. Greg Nuckols did an entire article on them vs regular deadlift.
For anyone interested, here is the article
strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

finally I understand why fit hates the trap bar so much

>The handles may be too wide for smaller people.
>Most commercially available trap bars have handles that are the perfect width for average-sized men, and plenty of heavy-duty trap bars have handles that are the perfect width for larger men. However, the handles are wider than is comfortable for many women and some smaller men.

I've also seen massive guys deadlift 5-6 pl8 on hex at my gym so not sure what point you trying to make redditor

Hex deadlifts hit your back hard, retard.

>"Hepa derpa derp!"

No.

exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/TBDeadlift

Attached: Squat-Hinge-1-768x248.png (768x248, 36K)

Conventional hits back and posterior chain better than hex, true.

But stiff legged hex deads hit lower back and posterior chain more than conventional, with the added bonus of lower shear forces due to less torque.

how? the bar isnt on your back?

>hexbar """"""""""""""""deadlift""""""""""""""""
It's functionally a hack squat. Same with a car "deadlift" btw. The center of gravity is different, form is different, is more quad dominate rather than hamstring and lower back dominate.

Yeah dumbass no one here claimed they were the same exercise, why are you even explaining?

>Powerfatties stay out

You scared

I'm 5'6 and switching to trap bar has significantly grown my traps because of the lifting angle.

>people who literally do this as a sport stay out
Good luck getting any useful replies retard

Cry some more fatty

For me? Its narrow stanced sumo (legs right out of my arms)

Attached: downloads.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Literally the whole point of this thread is comparing the two as if they're the same exercise with different grips

Why not both?

every time i hex bar i btfo my deadlift record by like 20kg. the absolute weight is way higher, fuck your "natural movement"

Hexbar is literally designed to maximise muscle activation while minimising pressure on your spine and joints
I’ll take the hex and the ability to walk by age 50 thanks

That's just because your quads are more heavily recruited in a trap bar deadlift/hack squat than in a regular deadlift, giving you more total musculature to execute the 'pull', your quads do some of the work in a TBDL that your back does in a normal barbell DL, it doesn't mean you're actually stronger or anything doing it, it's just leverages and differing muscle activation.

The main muscle trained is the spinal errectors according physios you fucking mong. It's a deadlift because it's a hip hinge pull from the floor.

Squats are still squats whether you do high bar ATG or powerlifter style low bar crab legs squats down to parallel. Front squats are still squats.

A split squat is a hell of a lot different from a low bar half squat than a trap bar dead is from a conventional, but it's still a squat due to the movement pattern.

As for all the tough guys who likely only move baby weight in the gym anyhow, since many PLers either use a hex bar sometimes or know people who do, complaining about how it lets you move more weight: who fucking cares?

Low bar squats lets you move 15% more weight, is it not a real life.

If only the hardest form of an exercise counts you should only do overhead split squats for squats and one armed zecher deadlifts.

Every time I do a squat to parallel instead or a full front squat I BTFO my squat record. Fuck your "natural squats." Clearly back squats are cheating because they let you lift more than front squats.

Straight bar ftw

This

Btfo

Attached: B7B2474F-64FE-4732-92AF-BB3714D04580.png (3532x1141, 34K)

Or to allow you to train a similar movement with less strain on your lowerback and CNS. Hence why strongmen and PL pros use them in their training you fucking mong.

For actual sports the risk to reward level is way better. If you're training foot ball players or wrestlers, this is the way to go.

t. Sub 5 plate deadlifted.
Only weakling DYEL have such extreme knee jerk reactions

kek

Hex bar is also better for power and velocity

Jow Forums btfo

Attached: 1471890132057.jpg (1280x720, 377K)

Rack pulls for bodybuilding

The lower portion of the lift is the weakest and limits gains you could be getting.

I doubt 465 is near your genetic potential but otherwise I agree, also fun as fuck just don't pass off hexbar numbers as deadlift numbers without specifying.

t. 550 lbs conventional and 630 hex

Based, love SBS

My best conventional is 590 and my best hex is 600. Does your hex bar have higher handles? Mine is at the same level as a regular bar.

Yeah mine have higher handles. Mirin that 590 user, I'm hoping to hit 6pl8 by the end of the year

Based and barbellpilled

>Yeah mine have higher handles
I've been wondering how people on Jow Forums are having such massive disparities between conventional and hexbar when my lifts stay 10lbs within each other, most people must have higher handles and therefore a higher starting pull position.

You got it, most hexbars that I've seen & lifted with have high handles and low handles, I'd say that's more common. Go get a day pass at a gym with high handles and go for 550-570 lbs user, it'll be fun

This joke originates from 9gag and was about wearing crocs. Massive cringe my dude

the stance looks like 3/4 of a hexagon. Is this what Jow Forums means when talking about hex deadlifts?

I'm doing Fierce 5 program from bb.com and it has me doing 3x8 RDLs on the B days of
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
Should I start using a hexbar for them?

not an argument

low handles - based
high handles - unbased

>Dis nigga just got associated with crocs yo

god damn sumo is worthless

Both. Barbell for standard deadlifts. Hex bar for supersets.

I like my conventional diddles, but I don’t see why hex bar would be any worse as long as you’re getting the same ROM, aka not using the high handles like a bitch.