So according Alphadestiny...

So according Alphadestiny, hypertrophy training is a myth and strength training gives you muscle gains just as well if not better than hypertrophy training.

This is contrary to everything I've read from seemingly reputable sources.

So is hypertrophy training a meme

m.youtube.com/watch?v=evsTXMMtw9s

Attached: 0_QinRwZ9jEO32SZC-.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ja5tME9XyIY?t=184
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's 5'3, it's very easy to fill up your frame if you are this short. Every manlet in my gym looks really buffed.

Stop listening to Hobbits

I can only tell you my personal experience but I’ve only ever noticed real change in my body when I lifted more weight

This doesn't sound like something Gandalf would say. Nice try Saruman.

Did lifting heavier weight cause the change in body?
Or did the change in body cause you to be able to lift more weight?
It's a case of the chicken or the egg.
All the evidence based fitness gurus are debating this. Nobody really knows which causes what. Scientists have no idea.

There's different types of muscular hypertrophy. I think what we commonly know as "hypertrophy" rep ranges are stimulating sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which to my (potentially incorrect) assumption implies that your muscles get bigger because they're retaining more fluid. Myofibers are what makes your muscles actually move. Myofibrillar hypertrophy is activated by intense strain on the muscle fibers themselves, and therefore the more weight you push, the better. This is why 5x5 gets you stronger than 3x8, even though it's same volume.

I only listen to Athlean-x who trains actual athletes and has years of professional training and education. Hypertrophy is not a meme.

Checked

Attached: 20190403_042241.jpg (630x601, 103K)

It's more about volume. You can get every muscle gain you can doing 5x5 or 3x10. If you progress on your lifts it really doesn't matter. Strength training makes you stronger but requires more time in the gym to make up for the volume. Do your main compounds for strength and everything else in the "hypertrophy" range. You WILL grow.

thought the point he was making is that intensity is a third dimension to volume (primary driver of hypertrophy) that is often forgotten. hence 10x3 at higher intensity will illicit greater response than 3x10 at lower intensity.

low weight + low reps = dynamic effort/speed reps

trips of truth

Unironically I follow Jeffs advice, the 'squeeze at the top' actually made a difference.

>listening to roiding faggot who contradicts in his own videos multiple time

Attached: 30grof.jpg (1699x1920, 231K)

Strength = size for natties, so he's right about that.

the squeeze is real though

What squeeze, tell me

but 10 sets of 3 will take much more time than 3x10 so it s unfair to compare . You could probably do 3 exercices before the first guy finishes his 10x3

build a strength base and you'll look better than most normies.
use that strength to increase the weight you do your hypertrophy training and look like a god.
alternitavely you can be forever weak with a pump and look okay.

what this guy said. You squeeze at the top when your muscle is contracted for some very real bonus pump and gains.

It's bodybuilder nonsense that no real athlete does.

I came here to say this

Doesn't hurt to try, which I did and I found it beneficial, YMMV

I also tried his triceps workout with baby weight (18kg both hands) and it gave me better triceps load than dips (can do 3x12 dips at 90kg bw)

youtu.be/ja5tME9XyIY?t=184

3mins in

completely untrue, I'm weak from big and this isn't supported by studies

I mean you should be lifting more as time goes on. If you're curling 20s you're not gonna get big biceps. You might get a pump that will look good for a short time but it won't add muscle to you. Doesn't matter if you're doing 5x5,10x3,4x12. You should be lifting heavier as time goes on

you can progressively overload with volume and high rep ranges, you could totally get big biceps with 20's.

Never seen a guy curling 20s with big biceps. The guys with the biggest biceps or other muscles are the ones lifting high weights or doing calisthenics

Working with as much weight as you can, 3 sets, 8 reps, this is the best layout

No it's not. You should combine strength and high rep training. Per need. Strength makes you able to lift heavier. Push for more weight > push for more reps. Repeat. If you don't want to injure your self or get your training to 3 hours per day. Both of which are stupid ideas.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not possible. You can progressively overload with 20's by doing more volume and high rep ranges till failure. No one does this in practice because you can get the same results with heavier weight and a faster lifting tempo.

just to expand on this you dont even need weight to stimulate hypertrophy, if you flexed really hard and used bands to cut off blood flow to the muscle the effect is the same as weight lifting and stimulates MPS.

IIRC he's the queen of manlets

>i am a tall skelly and it's because I am tall, not because I lift bitch ass weights

NERD ALERT

No.
You can built muscle on a strength based program, but you are longer in the gym and the chances of hurting yourself are way larger.
If you stay in the 6-12 rep range, you built muscle and strength, but you get a bit weaker when you do 3-5 reps max. But you will be finished earlier.

bruh how many times does this have to be discussed
get as strong as possible in the 8-12 rep range, with perfect technique and 2-3 seconds eccentric. squeeze out a few more reps if you can with an explosive concentric (i.e. cheating) but still a 2-3 secs eccentric
this is LITERALLY all there is to it

Yes it's true retard, of course you have to put the fucking weight on to actually get bigger muscles. Your muscles need to compensate for the amount of weight you lift, it's that easy. Let's see how far you get with lifting 5kg 100 times

What the fuck am I reading

Example?

*than when you do
Let's say you bench 9 times 100 kg, your calculated max would be 135 kg, so in theory you could bench it, but chances are, because you never do such heavy weight, that you fail around the 120 kg mark.
Meanwhile the other gu, can bench 120 kg for 4 reps, his body is already adapted to higher weight and he certainly bench the 135 kg.

>explosive concentric (i.e. cheating)
Uhhh

Coming from a guy who used to do 10 biceps and 10 triceps exercises in one session. Yeah i'm sure he knows what he is talking about

Because time under tension increasing is a form of progressive overload and and mechanical damage is the other major mechanism of muscle growth which more time under tension maximizes. And for many isolation exercises you only progress the weight slowly necessarily so you need to program more reps as the main form of progressive overload for them. For compounds you go for weight and less reps. You guys are retarded and so is Alphadestiny

Hypertrophy matters more the longer you've been lifting. If someone isn't at the very least intermediate then strength vs hypertrophy will make little to no difference.

Am I the only one who does both?

I start my workout with a heavier strength focused compound movement (OHP, bench, dead, etc), lift as heavy as I can in the 5-8 rep range for 4-5 sets.

Then I move on to isolation exercises where I focus on slow eccentrics, metabolic burns, and pumps. This seems to be working for me.

If you don't increase weight then you won't grow. Do a billion pushups and ascend if you disagree. Rep ranges are the only thing up for interpretation unless you're dumb.

/thread

manlet cope

> roided vegan manlet says hypertrophy training is a myth
wew
honestly alex has put some great advice on his channel but you ought to be able to detect when he's bull shitting just for the views
that's simply the contraty to the view that people who actually study lifting sustain (such eric helms phd, mauro dipasquale md etc)

same applies for his nutrition advice, minoxidil vids etc
he's good but only if you're able to skip the memes

You must be a mathematician

What about a hypertrophy strength split?

I respond better to strenght training than any hyperthophy routine I've ever tried. I also progress much faster.

it's individual.

Strength is a neurological adaption, retard. Try reading a book for once.

Contrary. It's not more difficult to build muscle if you are tall. It is actually way easier. You're just a skelly jelly.

5-8 rep range is the sweet spot

Attached: 1455936261658.gif (390x219, 1.97M)

>So according Alphadestiny

Stopped reading there

Attached: 1566738563931.jpg (750x738, 54K)