Having large traps acts as a shock absorber for punches...

>Having large traps acts as a shock absorber for punches. Therefore you will experience less head trauma in combat sports if you have large traps.

I hear people make this claim all the time but how true is it? Is it just bro science?

Attached: EF5B01A2-C25A-4ED7-BDF5-897C5D1B889B.jpg (608x606, 80K)

>Is it just bro science?
Yep

Attached: 1564377486580.jpg (382x597, 64K)

I don't know but if your traps stabilize your neck at all and you also build your neck up I could see it giving you less brain damage. Maybe not though they need to test this in a lab on slavic people.

If you want to know how best to brace for impact lookup how professional stunt men train.

Hasn't helped this guy it seems, he joined КПPФ. Nothing but senile old men and poofters in there.

that's basically accurate

this poster is a clueless pussy who has never been in a fight and has barely any life experience. disregard this retard entirely.

It's obviously bullshit. The traps move your shoulders, not your head.

I don't see how this is at all relevant to your brain bruising from the shock waves of hard impact on your head, which is where the trauma comes from.
Regardless of your head moving, or not moving, these shock waves remain, and the trauma they cause is there.

That is, not only do I think OP's claim is wrong, I also can't imagine how it wouldn't be wrong. I cannot perceive the plausible pseudoscience of it being right. If I was writing a novel and wanted to have this as a plot device, I couldn't write it down. How are people even internalizing it?

Attached: 37026[1].jpg (600x400, 304K)

>КПPФ
>the english wikipedia article is longer than the russian one
Says plenty. But they do seem to get between 2% and 8% of different democratic bodies, so they are still more legitimate than the Libertarian Party in the USA.

>democratic
No such thing in Russia, unfortunately. These days there are two types of people who vote for КПPФ- old people who remember the grass being greener during commie times, who completely ignore the fact that КПPФ has nothing to do with that; and youngsters who do it out of spite.

>aaaaah i remember i used to get erections during stalin's reign, i wish i could get erections again, i'll vote for stalin's party
But anyways, there are democratic institutions - russian parliament, DUMA, local councils and governors, etc. These are voted, and thus are democratic.

I mean Sovfed and Gosduma as the state ones, and the local ones are called differently, but they serve as governor and council. I'm not russian, so correct me if needed, but I do think these are voted on, and not worth fabricating on the low level that KPRF is operating at.

In definition maybe. But, like everything in Russia, it's a parody of a real thing.

Isn't it also caused by the sudden acceleration as your head reels back and then again when it stops?

Thats neglectible, else you'd get head trauma by jumping or dancing. Its the shockwaves.

The traps primary function is as a stabilizer for the neck and shoulders. OP is correct, although the human’s ability to withstand head trauma is poor to say the least.

With studies showing brain/ head size has very little to do with intelligence (among human adults), and with how important the brain is to our livelihood, bio-engineers ought to develop head sizes 2-3x the current size with most of which space filled with bone and liquid.

You didn't see graphite on the ground

You're retarded m8. Look up on whiplash injury and how brain trauma actually happens. Your brain basically bumps against your skull and gets bruised. That said whiplash and brain trauma aren't that closely related, whiplash damages your upper spine, which is better protected by strong traps.

Whiplash is what drummers, head bangers and dancers get. Its not what boxers get. It is clearly a different thing to what is being discussed.

They don't get it, because they have strong traps.

I don't care why they don't get it, thats not the point. This thread is about absorbing punches, not head banging.

large traps on a narrow shouldered guy is a death sentence

Don't be narrow shouldered then. I work out traps and shoulders on the same day. OHP followed by trap bar power shrugs feels great.

you can't change your clavicle length, and relying on delt hypertrophy to increase shoulder width is unreliable for a natty
even if you try to isolate your delts you are still gonna be using your traps on things like lateral raises, so there's no way you can avoid the gymcel look unless you are just born with long clavicles.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

you jest but when you spend a decade trying to improve yourself and still come off as average compared to genetic gifted people you will realize how much this shit matters and that you would be better off you if you didn't even care about improving yourself

I ain't tryna fuck balloon head ass bitches, dumb nigga

Attached: 1568747118587.jpg (414x508, 19K)

>spent a decade lifting
>still looks dyel because of clavicle size
Maybe you should've gone on a cycle than.

What kind of pushups should i do for my traps? Wide arm stance or diamond or what?

If you're not a professional making top $ and you pursue a hobby that involves taking punches to the head, you're already dumb enough that a few more brain cells won't make a difference.

Fuck off bodyweght fag

roids can't make you look good if you have shit genetics

My head hurts when I run or use the jump rope. What do I do?