What are some tells when a personal trainer is taking you for a ride and thinks you're a sucker...

What are some tells when a personal trainer is taking you for a ride and thinks you're a sucker? I'm a noob lifter and wanted to get some expert advice about form and whatnot. I get this gut feeling my trainer, although knows fitness, might be progressing me intentionally slow to pad out the sessions I'd "need".
>pic only sort of related.

Attached: 1524647169469.png (480x533, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3e1_ISWrv8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its amazing that the leg bones dont break

If you're as fat the the picture then your trainer is just taking it easy on you intentionally. Moving that much weight around is a stress on your joints and increases potential to many injuries. If you’re not that fat, then the intensity of a workout is up to you. Either put out more in whatever exercise he has you doing, or ask him to increase the intensity.

No I am nowhere near obese. I'm overweight by about 25 lbs. What ways should I be communicating with my trainer? He doesn't give me a game plan, he just calls out exercises like, okay now we're doing 25 pushups, okay now 10 squats. Then a dumbell row set or 2. While I don't know what's coming next or why. Is that normal?

Slow is probably good user. Overuse injuries can be a big problem when you're starting out if you do too much, and an injury could set you back months. Better to be patient and not rush it.

>What are some tells when a personal trainer is taking you for a ride and thinks you're a sucker?

getting a PT in the first place is the main tell to them, so gj, retard.

I am not going to feel stupid or bad for working with a trainer but knowing when you're training with a professional or a putz is important.

Have you thought about talking to him user?

Yes this morning in fact. Figured see if any one had thoughts before I did.

>wanted to get some expert advice about form and whatnot
>He doesn't give me a game plan, he just calls out exercises
So you want him to check your form or give you a routine?

Your trainer, like eveey trainer, is a fucking retard.

Do SS is another novice linear progression.

If you read SS you'd know more than your trainer does.

Sounds like generic full body shit. That said, do what he says for a few weeks, get used to training frequently, get your diet right, get a feeling for your body and think about what you want from working out. Strength, cardio or BB gains? And when you have considered your goals, come back and ask for direction.

Most PT are barely functional regards because the barrier to entry is so low. Best you either pay for an expensive one or just do your own shit.

If you need a trainer to get fit, then you are retarded. No helping it.

Im a PT and I agree, I dont even know what I get paid for half the time. But the other half I realize most people are even greater retards who need me as nanny so they wont kill themselves with the weights. Especially middle aged women

I agree bro, it’s amazing how you can show someone what to do multiple times and they still fuck everything up

Just watch a shit load of athlene x videos on youtube and start light and slow for a month in the gym just getting comfortable with form and routine of getting yourself to the gym then slowly, sensibly start increasing the weight but always be watching and rewatching videos on form for the big lifts like bench deads and squats just be careful but determined and save your money

I started with stronglifts 5x5 for half a year and was very happy with seeing my progress. The clean and press always put me off starting strength as a beginner, it seemed a risky exercise for a total noob. After 5x5 I went onto a 4 day split: legs, chest & tri, back & bi, shoulders traps & abs

muscles adapt fast. tendons and ligaments don't and those can be motherfuckers of an injury to get over.
slow is good.

>knowing when you're training with a professional or a putz is important

Here's a real redpill- if you're just fat and untrained, it doesn't really matter if you're working with a 10th percentile personal trainer or a 90th percentile personal trainer.

Odds are you're going to fail, and you're going to fail because you give up. Sooooo what the fuck does it really matter how great the personal trainer is?

Besides, your being such a fat fuck is mostly from eating hundreds to thousands of excess calories a day. You'll need to dramatically reduce intake to be not-fat, and you'll probably fail at that too.

I could give you literally any half-decent routine that involves lifting weights that hit your muscle groups and the results would probably be the same- you give up.

A personal trainer can be nice for a gym noob to get familiar with lifts. But that doesn't require someone incredible

Attached: 1568035791499.jpg (497x614, 29K)

Post body with time stamp
If you do about 80 of the same lift it's probably bullshit

WAIT JUST A GODDAMN SECOND
LOOK AT THE DICK
NOW LOOK AT THE PELVIS ON THE SKELETON

WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: big_brain_coomer.jpg (540x442, 20K)

yes its a fake image good job figuring it out

I knew a morbidly obese dude back in high school.
His ankles would break several times a year

You okay? You need a hug or something?

>pic only sort of related.
If your trainer isnt making you fast and youre fat like pic hes scamming you
This is what a real trainer should do:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3e1_ISWrv8

Wow there's little human inside him haha

Bones are extremely strong as long as the stress is applied on their longer axis.
Articulation however take a fucking punishment, being a fat fuck is being condemned to have your rachis, knees and ankles irremediably fucked by 40.

OP here. I'm fat, 215 when I should be closer to 180. But the pic is not me nor does it resemble me. I hired a trainer to help me learn and be taught properly but every one is saying, including proclaimed PTs themselves that it is stupid and wasteful so I'm going to stop after september and finish building my garage gym. I hoped they'd walk me through basic barbell and dumbbell shit but just have me doing squats and half pushups. Feels like I'm wasting my time.