Is this consciousness within our body secured forever?

Is this consciousness within our body secured forever?

Attached: 1296343656857.jpg (259x259, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn’t count on it

Take a heroic shroom rip or LSD trip or DMT trIp. Besides an obsession with chimp videos you’ll have some new ideas about consciousness.

It’s like derailing how your brain normally works hard enough to stop the presence of the narrator and ego centered in your body. What you take from that will vary but not the experience.

But my brain sends me shock when it learns profound things regarding its own existence and overall imminent doom.

I'm in the same boat right now user.
I miss when the problems that kept me up all night were at least physical ones.

>His belief is that consciousness is self calculable and that it either exists or doesn't
Silly.

It's entirely possible

The scariest thought regarding consciousness is that you will experience the life and thoughts of every single person that has ever lived throughout time and history. Imagine every time you wake up, that you just spent the day in the shoes of every person on this planet. Sure, there will be some good times for you, you'll become a billionaire, a king and the best person: someone who is content with his life, but then again you will also experience the life of third worlders, whores, victims of violent crime like that guy who got his face peeled off by the cartels while guns and roses was playing. You will feel all the good and all the bad there is to experience in this world. Then you wake up and come back to the body you are in right now and you will be none the wiser. How do you know that this hasn't been happening for your entire life and throughout the entire history of the human race for you? How do you know that there is not a timeline where you feel everything? All the good, the bad and everything in-between. We are all part of the same universe of the same cosmos, we are made from the same flesh and blood so who is to be sure that we are not part of just one consciousness of every man and every woman and every child that has ever lived and died? All the pain and all the pleasure and in the end what purpose will it serve? Is there anything at the end of this journey that will make it all make sense? I don't know. But i know one thing, i need to take a shit.

lmfao no it's going to cease in like 60 years MAX bro lmfao how have you not realized this yet

im too scared to become forever delusional or keep hallucinating as a side effect.

God I fucking hope not. Just let it end

you don't end up forever delusional you idiot. you convince yourself it was real.

Beautiful

I feel like the conciousness we experience is just a side effect of the complexity of our existence.

Jamie pull that up real quick

Well put shitting user

Product of the brain user, when the brain rots it ends

Probably

Attached: 1568555597247.jpg (579x768, 219K)

Samsara

That very well could be true, as an organism it requires extensive problem solving to 'survive' we have greater benefits vs something like a cat. Whereas something like a chimp is more conscious than a cat. But then again maybe the consciousness is of the same gravity yet they have fewer resources to communicate it to us.

Your individual consciousness is just dissociated from consciousness at large mate. Your body is what your dissociated consciousness looks like from a third person perspective. When you die, your consciousness re-associates with mind at large. This is why LSD and near death experiences, where brain activity is reduced, produce amazing profound experiences.

I ate an 1/8 of shrooms when I was 15. Wigged out so bad I never did drugs again. Nothing profound about it.

Its an illusion, overrated too

Remember user just like any belief in a god or determined lack thereof skips too many logical steps, any belief that consciousness is a divine presence or hard limited to your bodily function is completely unconformable.

Consciousness will die but r9k is cringe forever

Attached: DKP2-mQUIAEeGk3.jpg (500x656, 100K)

On the contrary, one can know from the use of reason (a priori), from examining the evidence (a posteriori), and from divine revelation that consciousness survives the body, even though that it will one day be reunited can only be known through revelation.

Firstly, one must understand that the mind is not the same as, or part of, or an emanation of the brain. This can be known through reason, since they have different properties (e.g. your thoughts have intentionality, "towards-ness" and your brain doesn't- matter isn't "about" anything, ) and two things with different properties aren't the same thing.

Death is the breakdown of a composite into its parts; your mind is immaterial and doesn't have parts, but does separate from your body.

>t. Aristotle

Also the evidence for NDEs and the fact that every culture recognizes this, as well as certain verifiable spiritual realities (e.g. Lourdes Medical Board) show that there's more at work here.

Lastly, there's the proofs given in the miracles of the Church and the authority of Christ on the matter. Live well, forgive others and love God; you're going to have to live with your actions forever.

Attached: FB_IMG_1568777936927.jpg (960x960, 74K)

You don't have enough time on your hands.

>wagecuck

>Im a mentally weak faggot who cant handle psychedelic drugs, so they must all be useless
LSD has strong effects on peoples ego/self image and a variety of other things. My personal experience, as well as numerous studies support this statement.

No, but take the savedpill to live forever:
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

Kek

Inducing mild psychosis changes your brain, wow who would have thought

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and it's really fucking with me.

What if you go a step further and classify the infinite lives you have and will lead into a semi-tangible ethical standard stream?

Do the lives where you simply give up and kill yourself doom you to another depressive world until you, through personal betterment, live to a natural, happy end?

And then from there do you start unconsciously optimizing your continued life cycles until you become a subjectively perfected being from the start to finish of your life?

But from there where do you go?

And then why?

It's been too hard living but I'm afraid to die. I do have to shit, though.

Attached: 1564979549267.jpg (617x688, 198K)

Doing 4 hits of acid made me realize this is the only truth.