Why haven't you joined home gym master race?

>saves time
>no more monthly membership fees
>don't have to wait on equipment
>can drop weights whenever you want
>can play WoW in between sets

What are you waiting for?

Attached: 8eefcfdf5990e441f0fb6f3fad709e21_5d0a74c43e203.jpg (750x750, 102K)

>barbell with plates
>adjustable dumbbells
>Olympic rack (pic related, squat rack is too expensive in my country)
>pull-up bar
>bench
should i be alright?

Attached: 51kPju9N+gL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 13K)

Sounds like you have all the necessities to get big, user.
Later down the line you could invest in a rack like OP's pic where it looks like it has a pulldown pulley included.

don't forget a mirror underneath to check your squat plug form

what kind of dumbbells do you have? trying to find an affordable pair that doesn't take up too much space.

waiting to be living in something slightly bigger than a shoebox and be earning more than minimum wage

I have joined the home gym master race like 2 years ago but ever since then I do miss some of the machines and since I don't have much space I can not keep adding more shit to my home gym. Now I'm actually thinking about signing up to a cheap gym just to use some machines every now and then.

Don't have the room
Would rather not have so much equipment laying around lest I decide to up and go backpacking around the world.

Ever considered adding an EZ bar or a small pulley system? Should be able to provide pretty alternatives to some of the machines you are missing.

my brother sold me these ones for less than 10 dollars. you can also buy the pvc ones but they tend to have leaks and are usually really shitty

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-061709.png (1080x1920, 412K)

Does having a bunch of kettlebells count as a home gym?
Bought a 20kg (44lbs) kettlebell about 3 years ago and just did swings, farmers walks and turkish get ups. When I got used to the weight, I'd buy a heavier bell. Now - 3 years later - I'm still doing the same exercises 4 times a week but I'm using a 36kg (79lbs) bell.
I don't do much else really.

second this. I also want to be able to move house if need be and not have to specifically search for places that can accommodate my equipment

I have lots of equipment, but yeah a pulley system is what I need the most, but the ceilings are low and I don't know if they can handle the load or if my landlord will even let me install it. Even then, I also want to be able to do cable flyes and all that fun shit, it's just not ideal as it is.

I have a question regarding bumper plates if anyone knows the answer.
Can I use my 2 45 lb bumpers and then use the regular plates for the rest of the weight for DL?

kitchengym user reporting in

>muh space
>muh money

You have the space if you want the space.

As for money.
Get 30mm instead of 50mm bars/plates, adjustable DBs instead of fixed ones and an adjustable rack instead of the cage

Shits awesome and I‘m never going back and if I move into a larger apartment I‘ll make it a separate room

And once you get the basics you start upgrading and reselling older stuff

Already replaced my bench, next I‘ll get some floor padding so my neighbour doesn’t get showered by debris when I deadlift and then I‘ll replace the rack with a cage and last I‘ll get a oly bar and oly plates

When I started out I just had a shitty bench, the rack, the BB and 60kg in weights

And then I just kept buying shit as time went by

Attached: 7D3CD8A9-811E-4493-A282-586D9394856F.jpg (3097x1967, 1.14M)

That's basically how I am treating it. Just starting out with a cage with a pullup bar, a oly bar, an adjustable bench, and about 350 pounds of weights. Everything else will be added as I go.

I did last week and it's amazing, got a squat rack with pull-up bar, low and high cable system, a pretty good olympic bar, weights and an adjustable bench. Feels great.

are you able to do chest flys with your cables? or is it limited to lat pulldown, tricep pushdown, low row, etc?

Because I keep telling myself that I'll meet a girl at the gym one day

I’m trying to train myself that I cannot leave until I attempt a workout. If I want to sit around like a bitch then I’d better be willing to accept not going anywhere for the day. Usually I end up doing this weird bargaining thing with myself and once I get warmed up it feels goodish and I just do the whole thing. The problem today is I knew I was going to watch NFL and eat like shit, so I crushed it a bit too hard and went overboard. My connective tissue hurts rn. I need a day off so I’m thinking walk a few miles tomorrow. Then again I have a good streak going. Fuck, wat do.

I got pic related, so not possible to do cable flies, I could just do one side at a time but for now I'm only doing a 5x5 program which doesn't require such thing.

Attached: zoom_1615093.jpg (400x400, 18K)

No cardio bunnies in home

I have that rack in my 40m2 apartment and it gets the job done. Will invest in a proper squat rack when I finally buy my own place though

become the bunny

yes

i am broke you fucking pterodactyl

House is big, but full of shit and a familly of 4, so, it's better somewhere else.

make more money

>not lifting with your wife and kids
NGMI

I'm actually jealous of the kids, they are 9 and 12, play rugby, and are ripped minichads.
mfw fat and old

I just recently bought a home and need to save up agin for equipment. But I'd buy a log and yoke and stuff before buying a rack and barbell since I can use those at my local gym anytime.

You don't even need the rack if you do front squats or Zercher squats. You could arguably ditch the bench and do weighted pushups or only do vertical presses. You could also arguably ditch the pull-up bar and do barbell rows, but it's not quite the same. All you really NEED is a barbell, plates and a floor.

I have and ive noticed ive always done better more consistent workouts at home than the gym.

gyms are a fucking scam here anyway. Paying stupid amounts of money to walk in and play lottery with the equipment.
Want to bench/squat/deadlift? Too bad, its always taken by some dudebros and now you as the dyel have to go up and ask permission to go next like a bitch any time you want to use the service you paid for.

Fuck that.

Because
>homelet
>moneylet

Just joined last week, power rack in garage. Having my own house of gains is glorious.

can any UK anons recommend a good bench which doesn't take up too much space ideally?

One thing I worry about with home gyms is finding a rack that can hold the weight I need. Many cheap ones can't handle over 400 and I want to be at least a little future proof.

Motivation. It's so hard to get into gym mode in your own house. I like to suit up, pack a bag, sip a cuppa, and go flex for the qts.

Attached: 1569191921950.jpg (1200x956, 247K)

what are the essentials for lower body training at home? are hip thrusters a meme?

Attached: Hip_Thruster_540x.png (540x540, 63K)

Simple
>no room
>potential for damaging the floor and don't wanna pay for it
>will inevitably move and don't wanna move a home gym

I'd love to. But I doubt Im gonna start deadlifting in a rent flat.

I won't be able to get testosterone boosts from wheyfus and the dread of people looking at me.

I home gymed for several years when I lived in a house. then I bought a sailboat to live in and was forced to give it all up. I go to a normal gym now and it's fine I guess, but I do miss lifting at home.

First I need a home. The gym can come afterwards.

Whats the bare essentials in terms of equipment to start at home and get results? Wanna get a home setup to compliment my 66lbs adjustable dumbellset but still be a cheap fuck.

>1pl8 squat

post body?

>No excuses. The post.
You're an inspiration, user.

I just got 5kg plates for my dumbbells and i am laughing my at ass off at how fucking ridiculous they look now. at least my dumbbells go up to 50 lbs now :)

Attached: smiley.png (64x64, 2K)

It’s possible to start a /homegym/ extreme poorfag edition. A pull up bar, a set of rings and a set of resistance bands will set you back less than 60 bucks, throw in a set of push up handles (picrel) if you feel like splurging. You can perform a ton of basic movements, the bands can offer progressive overload, and all of these things weigh next to nothing a take up minimal space. You can easily acquire all of these items for less than $100, and you can absolutely get a solid workout out of it.

A squat rack.

Fugg forgot pic

Attached: 2DEE4603-63B1-455A-9357-588DBA15F943.jpg (1400x916, 84K)

I want to buy one of these for my home gym. Why is the bar on the right that's 0.5 kg heavier more than twice the price of the other one

Attached: Image1.jpg (1067x1333, 140K)

No in dont have the room in my apartment you low iq scum
My gym is 25dollars a month for 4 big gyms all with great weights, machines bikes and little people

kom sporten bij laco maat.

Any Spain brahs have a home gym? Where the fuck do I buy weights here?

Unironically Amazon

its the fucking best no i dont wait for shit i can listen to what ever i want without headphones. doesnt close for bullshit reasons like snow or poweroutages. also leaves me no excuses, i like in a 550sq/ft studio so everything i needs in one big room full of workout equipment, guns, surplus and books

To do what Jow Forums pretends to do would require a barbell, plates, squat rack, and a bench at minimum. It's more important to learn what you want to do well enough to know what you need though.

amazon es el único sitio que no te quita un riñón hermano

deadlifting in my 6th floor apartment is probably a bad idea

How would this be with 60kg total weights as a start?

Attached: vidaxl_viktbnk_set_med_viktstllning_skivstng_och_hantlar_305kg-47270123-61992625-org.jpg (1500x1500, 70K)

>have home gym
>currently lifting right now
>between sets, play wow classic, shitpost on fit

Its the best

This is basically my set up too, only switch out the pull up bar with gymnastic rings. I also use some band from time to time as well as a cheap ab wheel.

Unless you get it at a crazy good price on I doubt it'll really be worth it. You'll quickly out-grow that set.

Why don't you just skip right to a power cage so you don't die under a barbell?

you dont want a bench with an attached rack because you won't be able to use it easily for other exercises like squats, overhead press, rows etc. better off paying a little more and buying them separately

whats the best number of plates to have?

I'm thinking that 2.5, 5, 15 and 45 are the best plates to toy around with numbers.

got everything except a dip bar which I will acquire soon and proper ground, no idea what I'll do but something simple to absorb minimal stuff and an olympic platform to well, do the olympic lifts

Where do you guys buy your gear?

Local chinese bathtub chemical factory

Cant fit a barbell in my closet of a room