/fat/ fattening food edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For the caloric elites among us who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentagefitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com(better for packaged food)
cronometer.com(better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard
Previous:

Attached: 1568586567050.png (850x900, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamesclear.com/how-to-say-no
youtube.com/watch?v=OK1zePxBJu4
healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-per-day
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the food that fattened you up the most? Did you get rid of it when you started dieting or did you just limit the amounts? I got fat because I ate too much pasta, rice and various baked goods that I made myself, after starting my weight loss journey I completely stopped eating them. This made me realize that carbs just made me hungrier because it was much easier controlling hunger after that

Between 2 and 5 miles with breaks. Nothing great but it’s more than I was doing.

How do I just get back into weight loss without making excuses such as "I need to preserve my strength"?
I am now 3kg heavier than what I've been last year at this time. Strength gains are obvious but so is my belly and fat

Attached: 1569042156548.png (640x1136, 553K)

Big bags of doritos. Only ever had 1 or 2 bags a week but that was 2 days a week of 1k over maintenance. A few years of that and you have a fat fuck with bitch tits.

Just don’t eat too much. Pick a calorie goal and stick to it. The rest is just willpower.

for me it's just junk food. can't/couldn't help getting a bag of chips or donuts as a snack everyday when I was younger because I live right next to both stores

>Nothing great but it’s more than I was doing.
Everything starts somewhere and that walking is helping you out a lot if you had a sedentary life before. Keep it up and you can do couch to 5k soon enough. I have the one with press ups saved to my other computer.

Attached: Im+doing+the+couch+to+5k+yesterday+was+my+first+_226e40a2b918b1c4ea157d500acd83ab.jpg (2576x3200, 1.14M)

Attached: pushup.jpg (1288x3200, 534K)

Anyone know good bulking foods? I’ve been eating absurd amounts and yet have still been losing weight. I feel like I have aids or something it’s absolutely ridiculous

isn't sugar free peanut butter good for that? It's delicious

not sure, I'd have sweet flings and savoury flings
for sweets it was typical, doughnuts, pastries, waffles, chocolate peanuts, biscuits
savoury it was pies, sausage rolls, store sandwiches
the only meals I ever "cooked" were oven pizzas and microwave burgers, or if I was low on cash then toasties, beans on toast or those horrible microwave meals, the ones so cheap that the packaging is a plain white box that tries to reassure you that it's actually edible

Based /fat/izen coming in with the assist.
Peanut butter. 1 tablespoon = 100 calories and it's all good stuff.

inb4 burger king last night

I went from 217-152. At what point do I bulk? 5'10 btw

>What is the food that fattened you up the most?
everything, lol. i used to eat for 5 people, and i'd mindlessly sweep anything and everything i found in the kitchen, even stuff i dont like (cinnamon makes me gag yet i'd down a tub of cinnamon icecream lmao)

that being said, the problem is carbs which cause my overeating, so i limit them to a minimum - i dont eat anything starchy (potato, grains, beans/peas, rice, etc), and no sugar of any kind (not even fruit - every now and then i'd eat some berries or an apple but thats about it); my diet consists of meats, fish, eggs, cheese and fuckton of vegetables

when i eat this way i dont count calories and i dont even crave anything sweet or fattening, and i rapidly lose weight, like minimum of 3kg per week

>check my Dropbox
>See if there's evidence of my previous self
>There is from a copy of my old version of my weight tracker sheet

This hurts to look at, but drink in my shame
I'm gonna get back there, and past it, not stopping at 227, I'm going to go to 200, maybe 190, and I will be perfect
50 down, 100 to go

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-155600.png (1051x2048, 705K)

I have photos and calorie journals from all my previous attempts
they've been handy in avoiding the same pratfalls over and over

Nutella, sodas and fast food. Also getting two servings every time I ate was a bad idea even though it was my mother’s delicious home made food.
I don’t drink sodas or go to fast foods anymore, I limit my servings to one. Nutella is this thing I get once in a while as a special treat, I cannot seem to get rid of it for now.

Bread and bread-like things. I used to eat a ton of it, and I rarely ever eat it anymore. It's just too calorically expensive even though I love it.

Fast or start paying attention to macros.

What type of salad dressing should I use?

Man how do you quit carb foods, Its all a eat. I reduced the amount of calories and started fasting but I still eat carbs like crazy and Its contributing to my plateau.

different strokes for different people but i cut it all out overnight, i'm so ya

Man that image brings back memories. Fucking hated running though so I got into lifting instead.

vinaigrette

Hunny mussy or lime vinaigrette both do well for me. Both Paul Newman's brand for those charity good boy points.

Come, my brethren in /fat/. No confessions today, but today we REJOICE. I have discovered ONE SIMPLE TRICK that DIETICIANS HATE.

jamesclear.com/how-to-say-no

Long story short, when sticking to a diet and obeying temptation the way you word your thoughts are very important. Two groups of people were tempted with candy. One group was told to tell themselves "I can't take the candy", the other "I don't take the candy". In the can't-group the majority took the candy, while in the won't-group the majority didn't take the candy. Instead of telling yourself that you can't eat something or that you must adhere to a certain diet, just tell yourself "I don't eat sweets" or "I stick to my diet plan". You will find that temptation will be much harder to resist.

Speaking from experience, I often find it very tempting to buy a small candy bar at the cash register of my local supermarket. My reasoning is usually something among the lines of "I shouldn't... but I'm really craving some chocolate right now, and it's only 150 or so kcal. Surely I can fit that inty my diet plan, right?". Today I simply told myself "I'm not going to buy candy" and I didn't even feel tempted.

While dieting is at its core CICO, the mindset needed is an underappreciated aspect of it IMO. Hope this helps someone as much as it helped me.

Attached: 7e3e0d44-77ff-4b26-96b9-f81765938aa7[1].jpg (754x723, 52K)

Sweets - particularly ice cream and soda. Fast food also was huge factor, especially has a short female. Basically one fast food combo can be more than my entire maintenance. It's crazy.

That's actually what my biggest issue was - ignorance. I never realized how many calories are in certain foods. I still have the occasional bread/pasta/rice but now I know how to properly measure a serving and can control it.

More tomatos or whatever vegetable in the salad you like. Just add more of it and forget about dressing.

Dressing is for people who are at a healthy weight, not for people trying to lose.

>lil Debbie cakes all variety’s
>fried chicken
>burgers
>onion rings
>mozzarella sticks
>Reece’s cups
>nachos
Those are just a few

Make your own roasted red pepper vinaigrette.

>That's actually what my biggest issue was - ignorance. I never realized how many calories are in certain foods.
Same. I didn't eat a lot of junk--just ate giant portions of "good" food. They didn't teach you SHIT about calories/nutrition back when I was in school.

>"I shouldn't... but I'm really craving some chocolate right now, and it's only 150 or so kcal. Surely I can fit that inty my diet plan, right?"
>"I'm not going to buy candy"

how about

>"I shouldn't."
>"I'm not going to buy candy... but I could, and nobody could stop me."

i'm sorry I've forgotten the point you were making, I'm just being a contrarian cunt

Beer.

Attached: Kraft.jpg (600x600, 51K)

I guess that's possible, but "I don't" is a lot stronger language than "I can't". I think it's just a psychological trick. You can of course always find a way to weasel yourself out (which is why neither group had a 100% succes rate), but with stronger language it's more difficult.

Nothing specific.
Just ate more than my maintenance over years and weight piled on slowly.

Have nothing to blame but laziness. I'd occasionally pig out on junk food but I'd also skip meals for it for example during superbowls and such I would enjoy snacks guilt free and forget about dinner and sometimes lunch too. There's nothing wrong with this but the issue was I never made any effort to cut calories the next week to make up for it. Add on some birthdays, other holidays, etc and overall I just had more days where I ate more than I had days where I ate less.

spirits are high
right in the nick of time too, could use a win

finally making a conscience effort to up my protein intake while I lose weight. Hit 133g today while staying under 2k calories. Lifting enough to maintain what strength I have, and doing some HIIT running. 25lbs to go

Candy, soda, other processed sugars. Goyfeed generally is fucking horrible for you just don't. Only eat whole foods and you'll be good

Keto is the best because:
- burn more calories
- retain more muscle mass
- eat less without trying

Any other diet is stupid.

Attached: keto.jpg (800x1587, 180K)

Carbs are a drug, not food. Never give yourself permission to indulge your addiction.

Alcoholics don't celebrate sobriety with a drink.

Fuck you, nigger. I'm already planning a huge cheat day on my birthday.

> I didn't eat a lot of junk--just ate giant portions of "good" food.
No. You were eating junk. You haven't yet learned the difference between good food and junk.

Is it possible for weight from alcohol to appear 48ish hours later?

I've been on a 1500-1800 calorie diet, EXCEPT for Saturdays, where I drink alcohol and eat pretty much whatever (this weekend I clocked in at 3700 total calories, my maintence is 3000).

Sunday morning I wake up a pound LIGHTER.

Monday morning I wake up 3-6 pounds heavier, even though I'm back on the diet sunday. wtf mates

You forgot it beats shitty yoyo diets like fasting since the body wont go on starvation mode and absorb shit ton of calories every meal.

Pringles by a wide margin. Goddamn I get hungry just thinking about them.

Fasting works

okay you are eating way too much on saturdays i don't care what your maintence is. also, you were lighter ecause of dehydration from the alcohol. Now your water has returned.

I don't even binge on junk food. I ate half a jar of peanut butter today. That's not even a food, that's an ingredient and I basically hit maintenance on it.

Fasting is just extreme keto.

It would be very stupid to ruin the benefits of fasting by breaking your fast with carbs. Most people into fasting are aware of the fattening effect carbs have.

>having a cheat day

why would people cheat themselves?

It's mostly the alcohol. I used to drink every day but limiting it to Saturdays is working for me right now. It's a net loss.

Sober October right around the corner, hopefully that will how me how much more progress I can make if I eliminate Saturday too.

Got tired of switching between fad diets for the past couple years only to regain the weight and took the CICO/macro pill. Still need to do manual adjustment for plateaus, but the math on this looks pretty sound. We'll see if I'm still on track in a month.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.26.19 PM.png (2560x1600, 1M)

Processed food companies don't want anyone to kick their addcition and have sucessfully memed "cheat days" into existence to ensure people stay addicted.

>When quitting tobacco you should have one day a week where you smoke all the tobacco you want!
Nice try, tobacco companies.

I don't do a full cheat day, but I like to do the occasional cheat meal once every month or two. I like having a nice date night is all.

I look forward to your future talks at low-carb conferences where you explain how you charted the expected weight loss on CICO and found out that it doesn't work.

Thank you for your support kind sir. I'll remember your doubts when I'm tempted to cheat.

Am I breaking fast by drinking black coffee/taking vitamins?

Not really. Black coffee has a few calories but it doesn't matter.

Everyone says this but I drink a lot of black coffee. I think a standard cup has

Anyone else have a problem where its becoming 8ncreasngly difficult to lose stomach fat? My waist is slim but my stomach stays the same.

Elaborate a bit more.

Carbs are uniquely fattening. They lower your metabolism, cause muscle loss, and increase appetite.

youtube.com/watch?v=OK1zePxBJu4

Ketosis is a state where your body produces ketones for energy after running low on glucose. You can get into ketosis eating different low-carb diets or just by fasting. Fasting achieves the deepest ketosis.

Cut all carbs out of your diet.

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

Oats and peanut butter. Put them in a blender and add some whey if you need the protein. 100 grams of oats, 15 grams of peanut butter (around a tbs) and a scoop of whey is around 600 calories. You can add milk, which will result in another 100 calories, give or take, making it around 700 calories.

The only way is to think to yourself "fuck the numbers" that you lift. I don't really care about the numbers that I'm lifting if I look like dogshit. It's just about what is more important to you aesthetics or strength. If I was you I would cut until my belly was gone and not worry about strength loss.

water

Literally every variety of grain

Currently 86,3 kg (height 184 cm) bros, my goal is straight 80. I'm currently doing a "one meal per day" type of diet with only 1000kcal/day. Do you think I should eat more? I have no problems whatsoever with eating that amount, but I'm curious about any negative health effects. I'm taking 2 multivitamin pills per day as precaution btw.

Is this ok for today?

5 eggs (small amount of butter)
>370 cals

2 coffee with sugar twin and powder whitner
>100 cals

175 triple zero greek yogurt with 1 scoop
>220 cals
2 medium apples
>150 cals

chicken breast stirfry with frozen mixed veg and teriyaki sauce
>400 cals

1240 cals, tdee is 3000.
this was a workout day too.

Jesus christ user. The lower amount of cals you eat the faster you'll reach metabolic adaptation.
At least up it to something reasonable like 2000 cal and do at least 2.4 g of protein per kg of lean body mass.

That much protein isnt possible at my weight (328) Im down from 460 in February following this daily amount (give or take)

Lean body mass. Take your body fat percentage and use that to calculate all your non-fat. If you aren't getting adequate protein on a deficit you're asking for muscle breakdown.

Wow, even film grain?

>Jesus christ user. The lower amount of cals you eat the faster you'll reach metabolic adaptation.
200lb fatty here eating ~900 calories a day average for almost a month
Never heard of metabolic adaptation but read about metabolism slowing in response to less food eaten over a period of time.

Is this a good thing? Or a bad thing?
What are the side effects? Just tiredness? I saw one of the side effects on google said dry skin and I've noticed a bit of that going on.

Any advice?

>up it to something reasonable like 2000 cal and do at least 2.4 g of protein per kg of lean body mass.
Assuming I have 60lb of muscle that's still 144g of protein. 24 eggs worth. Lean body mass calculators show higher values.

healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-per-day
says 56g of protein is average.
That's a lot of protein you're recommending. How the hell do you get 100g+ of protein every day?

Nice gut eddie from the fatty contest here.

Mine was any kind of fast food. I ate out like a mother fucker and ballooned to 338.

This is my second round of keto, the first time i lost about 30 pounds but during that time i treated myself to cheat meals just enough to know how great it felt. Once i was off keto I slipped back into my old ways and gained 16-18 pounds back depending on when i weighed myself. This time around I have cut out all fast food, none of the meals that have broken keto have been ff. If I break keto, which happens, it's been meals at sit down places that could not be further from ff. This has helped me through breaking the very serious addiction I had to that type of food. Obviously cheating on your diet sucks, but it's so much more satisfying knowing you're still making progress when you burn it off the next day and that you didn't fall into an old habit.

Mine was this, but I usually ate 1-2 bags a day.
and fast food is what made me fat.

Once I moved out of the house and lived with my grandma (2009, while I went to college and worked) she cooked me some food, not the healthiest, but better than out to eat.

I started cooking for myself in 2013 and since then my out to eat is really low. If I go out to eat its usually chinese food.

Hi guys, does all crab have roughly the same amount of calolries? Was going to have a crab and tuna salad today but the fish markets sold out of mud crab and only has sand crab today. Would they roughly be the same calories? Sorry if it's a totally weird question but not wanting to eat more calories than I have to.

>1-2 bags a day
>Doritos

Holy shit dude that's like $200/mo on Doritos alone.
You should have kept your receipts and contacted Frito-Lay to discuss a reward for your continued dedicated business. You may have been able to get a nice poster or shirt or something from them.

>2 days a week of 1k over maintenance. A few years of that and you have a fat fuck with bitch tits.
Almost the same.
When it happens so slowly it's kinda hard to notice until it's too late.

10lbs a year isn't too noticeable, and you can easily lose 10lbs in under a year but if you go 5+ without noticing it suddenly you're 50lbs over and it takes a while to lose it and become normal.

Fat acceptance is fucking cancerous.

I wonder if this can be applied to other cardio exercises like,
>Airdyne machine
>jump rope
>swimming
>bicycle
>rowing
>Versaclimber machine

Attached: schwinn-airdyne-pro-guy1.jpg (475x475, 239K)

Metabolic adaptation is real, but I feel as if its effects are overstated by quite a bit. Honestly, I say just keep cutting hard and hit goal weight early if you feel like it. I would be very careful going to maintenance from the cut though because your metabolism will be slowed down and make it easy to balloon back up. Just slow down once you get near the goal weight and do a very gradual cut, like do the last 10 lbs over 2 months, maybe more, and that should give your body time to get relatively adjust.
Also, 100+ g of protein is pretty easy unless you are at incredibly low calories, and even then it isn't hard. Today I had 142g at 1550~ cals, just eat tons of meat. Everyone recommends chicken breast because it is really lean and is practically straight protein, but I find it much easier/satiating to eat something fatty like pork or beef. Plenty of protein and the fat makes you feel full forever.

>stop eating carbs for a week
>lose 20 pounds
>eat carbs again
>gain back those 20 pounds
fuck
i just want to get rid of my chest fat
and narrow my hips a little

Attached: fat.png (432x496, 502K)

>photoshops himself taller

Back to the pit

im 6 foot 2 in that image
and i didn't shop it some user did
all he did was edit down my waist

Beer and all sorts of junk food I'd eat drunk. It added up pretty slowly, I must have changed to a bigger pant size at least two or three times without thinking much of it, and then one day I realized I'm a fat fuck.

1200 calories today

berries are only 5% sugar. And the micronutrients are great. They also have fibre so they are low GI. lower than wholegrain in fact.

keep doing what you are doing, but 160g hot berries with skyr and mixed nuts is a great cheat dessert I use when i need to cheat

figure out your bodyfat %. If its 12 then leanbulk. If its 15 or more then cut to 8.

low bodyfat maximise face aesthetics which maximises attraction to women

this is heartbreaking, you nearly made your goal then it collapsed.

just pour apple cider vinegar. 2 tbsp.
then use hotsauce/salt/pepper

Those saturdays are killing you
Sunday you wake up lighter as you are dehydrated. But youve gained fat.
You then rehydrate over the next few days to get your real weight and its heavier as you put on fat.

Stop eating pretty much whatever. Eat OMAD and eat it right before you start drinking.
OR eat nothing all day, get drunk on much less alcohol. Then eat a small healthy meal before bed.

When you drink stop drinking beer. Drink double vodka and soda. Its way less calories.

carbs boost testosterone
they arent evil
its good to carb cycling to stimulate liptin and keep metabolism up
But YES its good to combine IF with keto.
I do 23:1 IF but the keto is not strict. No rice/bread/potato, but I have veg including some root veg like carrots. If I do leave ketosis its not for too long.

>tfw have the strongest craving for a giant classic italian sub with capacullo, ham, prosciuttini, etc.
>it'd be like 2k calories and 4k mg of sodium alone

Attached: feel good.jpg (680x526, 109K)

The main issue with metabolic adaptation is that your entire body suffers its effects, including your organs, not just your muscles. Regularly sustaining yourself on 900 cal a day is not healthy at all. But people are too obsessed with losing fat quickly, end up fucking over their metabolism, and once they shift themselves to maintenance that gain fat back incredibly fast.
It's why only ~5% of people who lose weight manage to keep it off. Doing something unsustainable bites you in the ass down the line and almost always results in yoyo dieting.
This is why you have so many people who fail out of keto: some people can do well on keto, and keep it up for the rest of their lives.
The best diet is one you can feasibly do for the rest of your life, not just until you lose weight.
For me that's high protein, moderate calorie. It'll be different for everyone, but it should be pretty freaking obvious that 900-1200 cal a day is not long term sustainable, and once you push that back up you'll just get fat again and be right back here complaining about it.

Potato chips and sugary iced tea that I drink like a madman. I also love bread. I'd eat a 12 inch Italian hoagie with bacon, $1 bag of salt n vinegar chips and drink a rootbeer at 3 am. Then I'd smoke pot and eat a big ass glazed coffee roll before bed.

Is Sabaton music good for working out?

Bros I'm gonna eat one snickers a day okay I'm not gonna eat anything else

make sure to take those gummy vitamins

Figure out a diet that works for you. Find healthy foods that you enjoy. For me I consume alot of chicken breast, spinach, steak, eggs, avacados and random fruit. Don't buy healthy food that you don't enjoy. I've been eating nearly the same meals for 3 months now and I'm down close to 50 lbs.

How long would it take for you know if its sustainable or not. If I do a routine for a month with no hiccups is it considered sustainable? 6 months?

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-004638_Instagram.jpg (1080x1920, 621K)