Do you robots want to help create a story?

There's this story concept I came up with once, but I can't come up with any interesting characters. It goes like this:
>100 or so years in the future
>The moon has a supermax prison that holds the most dangerous criminals in the world
>Criminals are essentially just arrested, sentenced (sometimes without even due process of law) and immediately blasted off to the huge prison compound on the moon with absolutely no means of returning
>The prison hardly even gets any surveillance, as there are no guards there and all the things that require staff are run by robots
>The prison is an absolutely chaotic hellhole, but there is a sort of culture there that everyone goes by
>First rule that basically goes unspoken is not to fuck with the robots or the supply shuttles that are sent to the prison every month or so. It carries food, water, toiletries, and all the basic needs. If those robots are fucked with, the prisoners' lives are all fucked.
>The supplies are unpacked by the robots and carried off to the respective places
>The largest part of the prison culture is that every year there is a huge fighting tournament that any prisoner can join
>The catch of this tournament is that every person who enters must offer up a "spoil", some kind of item or perhaps a service that they must give to the winner.
>Spoils are generally possessions that the prisoner somehow snuck or was allowed to bring onto the ship, and ranges from things like a golden locket with a picture of an old couple to a grenade.
>Sometimes, spoils are services, and ranges from blowjobs to temporary mercenary work.
>Basically, if you lose a fight, you give up your spoil. If you are multiple rounds in and lose, you give up all the spoils you gained
>The winner of the tournament gets all the spoils
Now, this is all stuff I've come up with on my own, now I just need you guys to either add things the "lore" or come up with interesting characters, of which I have none. I only have two basic ideas for characters. Cont

Attached: 1540386754624.jpg (750x464, 34K)

The two basic character ideas I have so far:
>The main character, who is actually an innocent man who was sent to the prison by mistake. Quite a pussy at the beginning of the story, but turns into a hardened combatant by the end.
>Some kind of Dictator figure who is the one that led the other prisoners away from making the place an absolute shithole and made the place somewhat organized. Is responsible for most of the culture of the prison, including the tournament. He enters the tournament this year, with his spoil being the spot as the new dictator.

>Posting this shit online
Nogga you're dumb that's a great story concept that someone would steal

So... basically SuperJail but on the moon?

Honestly I just came up with this idea just so I could make an interesting thread
This is a thing already? SHIT

also sounds a bit like Deadman Wonderland, but it's a good concept regardless.

ONCE UPON A TIME A GROUP OF ANONS REVOLTED AGAINST THE MODS PURGED THE TRANNIES AND SAVED R9K
THE END

You know how the British got people to basically colonize Australia? They basically just sent the people in Britain for little things like stealing bread to feed their families to prisons in Australia.
They would finish their sentences and walk out of the prison as free people but they would still be stuck in Australia with no money and no real place back.
Pretty good way of getting people to go there in all honesty

Theres no fighting tournament in superjail so its okay. every other detail about the prison besides being on the moon is straight from it though.

My idea was inspired in part by the origin of Australia, so it's an interesting idea.
Well I guess that makes it feel a little less like I'm a talented hack. Now I'm going to have to think of ideas that can separate it from that show

I had something similar, OP. Suck at writing interesting characters, too, though.

>Future
>Earth is dying or some stupid shit, or maybe humans are just technological advanced enough to do this shit
>Anyways, there's a race between private corporations to create generational ships, sent to colonize star systems that are lifetimes away
>Some are equipped with robots that tend to human genetic material
>Some put humans in stasis
>The focus of the story is on one that uses manpower to keep it running, and the offspring of the workers will be used to colonize the planet
>Supplies are rationed, meaning all workers must be relegated extremely specific tasks, and the population must be kept in check, meaning only certain people are allowed to reproduce and only in specific numbers
>The secrets of Earths existence and the destination are kept from everyone except the most higher-ups
>Their destination is hundreds and hundreds of years away
>Somewhere in the middle of this, descendants of the original workers discover that they're living on a ship, the lives are only meaningful in the grand scale of things, but they will never see the lush green world of Earth like their ancestors, they will never see the new world like their descendants, they are nothing but background characters in history
>Also pissed because they're freedoms are limited to doing their specific task, eating when told to eat and fucking when told to fuck
>A revolt is staged and the entire mission goes to shit, people gain freedom for a short while before running out of supplies and dying in space
Thats all I have

I dunno, its like maybe a criticism of government or communism or something I guess

Sounds like a good idea for a short story. I don't even think you need spend too much time coming up with interesting characters. You could probably just make it so that the main character just narrates the entire thing, reflecting on the world he's in and on the situation he just happened to be born in. Perhaps he would think about how all his life, he's just been a passive background character, and eventually he decides that it's time for him to take charge and become an active foreground character. But idk, that's just an idea.

Based story idea. Write some shit and post a draft on here.

Thanks, man. Yeah thats probably similar to what I'd do if I could be assed to finish it. I have some other little scifi ideas, but this is the msot fleshed out

>This is a thing already?
Don't you just fucking hate when that happens?

This thing's been happening to me all my life, I swear.

Sounds pretty cool. I can see it being an anime or action movie or something. I'm not sure if that's what you were aiming for, or if you wanted something more serious or dark. Either way, it's still a cool idea.

I think the spoil idea is a bit broken in that it pushes people to give up the least valuable thing as possible so then they lose less if they lose. You should add in something along the lines of whatever someone decides to put up must meet some minimum value decided upon by others and these others agree upon whether the suggested spoil meets the minimum requirements or not.

are there women in the prison?

>crew on a ship
>lose course/lose rations/ other machine errors/ ship goes slower
>important part being that no food (barring other crew member of course), no communication with outside humans and whole story restricted to the ship and immediate space in the rare moment(s) of suicide (pretty dumb way to go imo, the crew couldve eaten him and suffocation is no joke) and murder
>again, no contact and the ship sees nothing but stars and what have you
>eventually everyone dies after they run out of electricity
>possible ending being the ship landing on the intended destination or the type (and yes i know, that couldnt happen today since the crew cant operate but its the future)
>if youre a fag you can write about how the dead bodies spread life but thats extremely faggy and would ruin the book imo

i would write it but its very character driven and i cant really potray their despair and whatnot

also tell orig or norig

I like this idea. Maybe I'll make it so that someone has to judge whether or not the Spoil a potential contestant lists is good enough to get in the tournament.
Yes, but not very many.

woah nice reply bro! you seem to have missed the part where you replied to this guy though: