Trouble finding work user?

Trouble finding work user?

Attached: Indoor Anime Landscape 11.jpg (800x600, 87K)

On the contrary, I have trouble finding a life outside of work.

>had a job interview yesterday morning
>crippling social anxiety
>start shivering with random neck ticks in the waiting room
>get it under control for the most part
>get walked to the meeting room
>8 people there for the interview process
>mind goes semi blank when they ask me to tell them about myself
>do an absolute shit job answering that and the few other questions the ask me
>interview is over in ~10 minutes
>leave get back into car and start driving home
>brain clears up and I can think of a bunch of things I could've said and all the things I did wrong

I kind of think I'm going to get the job because I have a few family members who work for/retired from the company, but goddamn do I feel like a worthless piece of shit after that.

>8 people there for the interview process
Entirely unnecessary. Nobody likes to feel like they're being ganged up on, even the most confident and competent of people. My best interviews have been one on one. In future if I see a table full of people I'd be like fuck this and go elsewhere

More like: Trouble wanting any

Sort of. Just need to finish getting my loicense, hopefully after that it goes smoothly. Lots of driving jobs around the area. May get into tool and dye or something like that.
>8 people at an interview
Fucking hell, what were you interviewing for?

Yes!
I graduated from college with a diploma that'd work with at least 50 different businesses around town. Only the catch is that every one of those 50 different businesses is basically a small 3-5 person operation, so they don't need to hire anyone else.
It's not like there's even any other jobs around. Looking at publicly posted ones gives literally nothing other than minimum wage fast food openings available.

A union construction job. There were 4 guys from the Joint Apprentice Training Committee and 4 Journeymen. Only like 3 of the guys even talked, the rest were just kind of there. It was super intimidating sitting at the end of a conference table with all those guys watching and listening to everything you say.

>graduate with engineering degree
>could only get 15 dollar an hour job

>Working in a warehouse for 14
Should I even finish my stem degree?

I can't even get interviews for gas stations or fast food jobs because i'm 24 with next to no experience
Job market here is awful for entry level
Going to start uni for education degree in the fall since teachers are in high demand here and I can get a job as an assistant teacher while working on my degree apparently
Just hate life honestly
Idk if I should bother with anything.

Checked. And only if you're passionate about it. For some of us (and most likely you if you're posting here), work is work. And work is misery. Better off doing any job that supports your lifestyle, with the least amount of human interaction, least amount of liability and responsibility, and causes the least amount of suicidal thoughts.

>at work
>make a small mistake
>immediately start screaming at myself in my head
>start to call myself a fuck up in my head
what is this called and how to make it stop

Attached: 1550640213840.jpg (634x819, 512K)

>"Tell us about yourself..."
A question always gets me.

If you dont have social skills degrees are just useless pieces of paper

>at work
>do something useful
>"why did you bypass the procedure"
Even worse. I also get what you describe, its low self-esteem coupled with anxiety and you cant stop it, only drown it out with self-improvement and/or mindless consumption.

Sounds like you're in a good position to start you're own business.

Classic mistake. Those jobs aren't actually easy to get or apply for. The demand for them is colossal because almost every kid wants them.

One day job sites will display stats like how many people have applied and how many have actually got a job at this business via what they pretend to be the traditional method (blindly sending a CV or application online). It would give a lot of people reassurance they are not alone and not failures just because the job only looked at the first ten applicants and deleted the last 600.

I can confirm, when I got my job for electrical maintainer in a midtown building. I was interviewed by 2 custodians, 1 engineer, some woman from the department of buildings, and the manager that opened the position.

>One day job sites
What is that?

>friend is getting a compsci job from government contractor
>I'm gonna rot away

i gave up trying. not even mcdonalds holds interviews anymore. im just going to open a credit card, place a buncha video games on it and then forget about it

Gosh, that sounds absolutely atrocious.

Hey champ! Remember what we talked about?

Attached: 3cd6216a3575dbf71498e6521797127fb2eca31c1b08ab7b2bd1d2987c5a1402.jpg (502x407, 36K)

D-dad please, my handshake was so firm that it shattered the manager's bones. It's not working dad, just let me be a neet in peace

One day, job sites (job-hunting websites) will...

Nonsense, kid! Hand it over here and we'll practice.

Attached: just fuck my hand up.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Why does the office have a gynecologist's chair?

W..well alright

Attached: 5B8734E4-3C41-4B67-91C2-7CF7B1579361.jpg (4032x3024, 617K)

FIRMER HANDSHAKE
WIDER STANCE
CONFIDENT EYE CONTACT

Attached: images (1).jpg (232x217, 8K)

I hate these NEETfags who assume there are plenty of jobs out there waiting to give me a reasonable wage reasonably proportional to my qualities and my effort and still not giving any fucks about my autismo sperglordry

No dad! What's even the point? Where is there to look for a job anyways?

Quitters never win, and winners never quit, Champ! When I was your age, we were facing our cross-town rivals over at Allentown Prep. They were the best team in the entire state, and they had this monster of a defensive end: A huge fella by the name of Chet Anders. He was 6'5 and 260 pounds -- or he was until I dove at his knees on a cut block and took him out. Sheer luck it took the paramedics 15 minutes to get him to stop screaming. And that was with the scouts from Alabama and Notre Dame in attendance. Last I heard, he leapt off a bridge after he couldn't even hack it in Hacwamanee Community College as a third-stringer. Can you believe that, Champ?

The point is that you've gotta grab life by the horns. And the best way to do that is to walk into the store like you own the place, look the manager in the eye, give him a firm handshake, and tell him that you're not letting go until he tells you when you can start. A firm handshake, Champ. Not that floppy fish your generation can barely muster. Getting a job is that simple, Champ!

Attached: 1499023234992.jpg (612x408, 39K)

Mcdonalds is hiring. That is what you are suited for

NO DAD! NO MORE! I've walked into the store DOZENS of times and looked that manager in the eye and shaken his hand. Every time he sits there awkwardly and tells me they're not hiring. I've tried not letting go. They've called the POLICE on me, Dad! The manager has a restraining order! I've been to jail seven times and am banned from even shopping at the store. Don't you remember picking me up from the detention center? Don't you remember that you have to take me to my court date tomorrow?

I can't do it anymore dad. There is no option but to quit. I've even got a plan for how to be a good and invisible NEET. I'll move into the closet downstairs so you can make my bedroom into a cigar lounge like you're always wanted to. I'll live off nothing but dried rice, water and vitamins. I'll set my computer to the best power saving settings so it doesn't drain your electric bill.

I'll even come out of hiding to wash dishes for a dollar a week to pay for myself. I'll be your dish goblin, dad. If you want I can wear a robot costume and make beep boop noises so that you can pretend I'm a fancy housecleaning robot instead of your failure son.

I'll do anything, just don't send me back to that god forsaken store again!

Attached: 090A8CAF-0D9F-4550-94B2-3EE3D4582A2D.png (858x725, 361K)

We're driving around town until you get a job. Get in the car, Champji.

Attached: 1520983211972.jpg (416x296, 33K)

Oh god not the car

Only if we go somewhere new!

That's nothing
>Tell us about this one time you overcame a difficult problem
>Tell us about a recent professional crisis
>Tell us about your achievements

This is pretty good, it's probably all just one guy but one can always pretend

I haven't been asked any of these question for my current job, not "what is your greatest weakness either", even though the interview lasted an hour.
That's what happens when you get interviewed by men with STEM degrees instead of some HR chick.

"Right you are, Champ. Nothing guarantees getting a job like taking the initiative and speaking with the manager in person. You've gotta grab life by the horns, Champ; you can't wait for everything to go to you. When I was your age, I rucked through the worst snowstorm in state history to get to an interview when my Mustang wouldn't start. They've even got a photo of me in the local paper, marching through the driving snow. The manager was so impressed that he shook my hand and hired me right on the spot. I nearly froze to death out there in the driving snow, so you've got it pretty easy compared to me, Champ. Where there's a will, there's a way -- and it's as easy as showing up ten minutes prior, giving the manager a firm handshake, and telling him you'll be the best hire they'll ever make."

"Couldn't hurt to try, especially at a place like this, Champy-wampy. Whatdy'a mean you need connections and certifications to get hired here? Champ, those shiny degrees may seem nice and all, but nothing gets your foot in the door like a firm handshake. Get it, Champ? Ha, ha,ha ."

Attached: 1518055402372.jpg (640x608, 220K)

lmaaooooo I WANT to DIIEEEEEE

I really like the jokes but the true is I wish I had a father like that!

>positive
>good funny self help lines
>teach kids how to win with a positive vibe
>spend time with his kids
>is a great storyteller

Attached: 1549847263378.jpg (1111x597, 84K)

Stem people also ask those kinds of questions