Alright, I've done this thread with positive results on other boards, might as well do it here

Alright, I've done this thread with positive results on other boards, might as well do it here.

Ask a US Police Officer anything.

>I am not a lawyer, nor is any police officer an acceptable substitute for one.

Basic facts:
-Started career working for county sheriff's department in rural-ish North Carolina
-From that I transferred to large-ish metropolitan city police force in the same state
-Worked on various drug/gang/violent crimes task forces over the years with the city
-Currently working as a state police officer in that same state

Attached: 2008-03-13_North_Carolina_State_Trooper_on_I-85.jpg (1645x1107, 259K)

Is it true if you're out urinating in public you can be considered a sex offender if caught?

>Why do cops act like assholes to normal people?
>Do cops obey all traffic laws?
>Are police departments racist?
>Are they good ole boys clubs?

what (other than just doing 100mph) is most likely to get me pulled over? Like if you aren't sitting there looking for speeders but you're just driving around, what jumps out at you and makes you stop someone?

Attached: 1553735532228.png (640x516, 794K)

Thinking of buying a crown vic as my first car. Thoughts?

Jow Forumsiama is your place

What do you think can be done about the chilling effect that having coworkers field domestic abuse complaints filed by the families of police officers? Do you think it's possible to reign in the true amount of domestic abuse made by police officers down to the reported 40% figure?

Attached: l0hdgb4w59231.png (640x439, 291K)

As a long distance runner who had to defecate in a forest once I would like to know this

Kill yourself faggot pig

>Is it true if you're out urinating in public you can be considered a sex offender if caught?
No. You can get ticketed for indecnet exposure and urinating/defecating public, but a sex offense requires sexual intent. Now flashers/flashing CAN net a sex offense charge if you have a good enough DA to make it stick

>>Why do cops act like assholes to normal people?
It's a byproduct of the job/somewhat conditioned into you by training. You always have to assume the worst case scenario when you approach any situation, as the one time you don't is the time it could get you killed. Also, you deal with the absolute worst people on a daily basis which doesn't help most LEO's disposition

Another more overarching issue is that because most departments are always understaffed, the wrong types of people are recruited for police work
>>Do cops obey all traffic laws?
Mostly. They don't abuse them as much as people seem to think
>>Are police departments racist?
Oh some definitely are
>>Are they good ole boys clubs?
Again, some are

expired tags/registration, weaving in and out of your lane, being in a suspicious place at a suspicious time of day

Comfy as fuck, wish we had them back instead of chargers

In NC, the family member of a LEO who reports abuse will have their case escalated to a state investigator, to avoid conflict of interest in the investigation by the local department. Should become standard practice everywhere

>Why did all the cops in my city switch to chevy tahoes?

How the heck are homeless people supposed to pay tickets? And just staying in one place for long enough seems to get them one.

Is the whole "must make a quota" of some kind true? I've never had any run ins with the law but sometimes it seems like ya'll are just looking for anything possible at all to stick on somebody.

Also, fellow NCfag here. Just outside of Charlotte.

What's the most fucked up case you've ever been on?

are one branch more dickish than others? High patrol has always been cunts to me but other's are not so bad.

Have you heard Dodge Durangos referred to as "warrant wagons", are there certain cars you're more likely to pay attention to?

If you pulled me over for something, lets say going 10mph over the speed limit, and I informed you I was carrying a concealed weapon legally, how would that affect the stop? I've heard in some departments it can create paperwork on it's own so cops will just give you a verbal warning for the traffic violation and leave.

Is it illegal for non-law-enforcement hospital staff (ie doctors) to conceal and carry? Idk if this is directly related to you but I figured I would ask

City got a better contract on the Tahoe. It's all about who will give a department the best deal when it comes to what they buy

In most places, cops know they won't pay the tickets, but not paying the tickets will create warrants down the road that can then be used to arrest them and kick them on to somewhere else. PD's have used this truck since the 80's

Quota's havent been a thing in decades. But what you have to keep in mind is that most city and county agencies get the majority of their funding through ticket and citation revenue. So the more tickets you write, the better funded the department will be

Had more than few turbo fucked drug/gang cases over the years....I'll post a few over the next few reposnses

One non-drug/gang case that always stands out though went basically like this

>get called to scene where girl has stabbed her boyfriend with huge ass kitchen knife
>she claims in was in self defense, they were having a fight, he got aggressive and she was in fear of her life
>guy dies on the table at hospital
>after very brief investigation, girl is cleared of charges, it's ruled self defense
>after a few months, dead guys mom finally gets his personal belongings back from DA's office
>this includes his cell phone
>mom starts looking through his pictures and videos
>dead guy recorded the entire fight on his phone
>he was actually trying to get away from her, trying to walk out of the house when she grabbed the knife and attacked him
>her whole story was bullshit, CSI hadn't even bothered to check dead guys phone
>she gets re-arrested, rolls on her drug dealer to get a reduced charge
>only spends 12 months in jail for killing a guy
>got a job as the overnight desk clerk at a local hotel, is also now a well known prostitute

Am I being detained? Or am I free to go?
Oh I'm not? So I'm being detained then? What offense are you charging me with?

How has the increase in mass shooting affected the training and equipment you receive?

What makes you want to search a car? If I refuse consent are you going to just hassle me until I do?

For me, county agencies have always seemed to have the worst attitudes, usually because they have the worst recruits

Oh yes. Any clapped out Altima/Maxima with illegal tint or any GN/Ford sedan that's more than 15 years old.

As far as the concealed, so long as you are properly licensed, it is only changes the stop in so far as I'm going to ask you to step out the car and secure the weapon before I give you the ticket/warning. It's one additional checkbox on my report

If they have a valid permit they can, so long as where they work doesn't forbid it

Yes. No. I am conducting an investigation into suspected criminal activity. I will inform you of any charges once that investigation is complete

Pretty much everyone carries a patrol rifle in the trunk now, and we run active shooter drills every quarter

basically 2 things, if I straight out smell drugs, or you are acting shifty as fuck in response to basic questions

Why don't you make like a good policeman and blow your brains out? I used to have a job and money before idiots like you. Hell, I could have at least had something to date the one I love. Something to give her to kindle our love and show I am not worthless. I hope that fat bastard never sees me again, for his own sake.

Investigation into suspected criminal activity? This is a random traffic stop, Sir Now I'll ask again, why did you pull me over and what crime are you charging me with?

so you would rather the scum of the world be given a free hand? I think police overstep their bonds sometimes but they are needed in some capacity.

What's the usual number over the speed limit that cops will start stopping you at?

Once I was driving down the street and some cop pulled me over for no reason, and another cop immediately speeds into the BK parking lot I pulled into, but just sat in his car.

The cop didn't ticket me or anything, but he was very accusatory and rude, asking a ton of questions about where I'd been and what I was doing, and claimed I appeared nervous, before eventually letting me go with nothing.

Were they looking for someone else or what? it's very strange to me.

Attached: lolnigz.jpg (3248x2448, 1.36M)

Maybe but I've never come across a pig worthy of respect. May they all burn in hell.

I get what makes those tinted windows suspicious, but what is it about old Ford sedans?

What's your thoughts on anti police hysteria, paranoia, and fear commonly held by young people? How do you respond to it?

Attached: F1.png (539x299, 59K)

Oh it's the nigger killer, I remember you. Glad yo see you back cop-user.

It's supposed to be 10 over the speed limit.

I've heard it as 7mph over if you er on the side of caution.
I'm not hating on you for securing the weapon because I understand it from a safety stand point, but I am interested in the legality of that. Thanks for the info.

Are you redpilled on the NQ?

Attached: Sip6uvB8jBTCAEJ9.webm (360x640, 1.96M)

Oinkers left us, the AntiFa supersoldiers overran him

How likely are you to give someone a pass if you know them? I ask because as a former clerk I had a bag of weed in my pocket while some cops were investigating an armed robbery, and I know they smelled it but nobody said anything. I'm guessing either they didn't realize it was mine, or they didn't care because I always gave them free fountain drinks.

Can cops pull over people and ask for their number because that has happened to me and it was horrifying

why do some of you guys even take chances with feral niggers?

Stupid fucking pig hope you get shot

Attached: 4v95m5dnjz231.jpg (750x1254, 74K)

part of me says "this!", the other part says go the fuck back

Antifa are just as big of waste of lives as cops. Let them destroy each other.

Anger at cops is irrational, it's just misplaced frustration. Someone has to enforce the law. These types of people usually have very paradoxical thinking, or believe they've been falsely persecuted in the past.

Da Poow waw man is fawsey persecuted
Bawwwww

hey op, /o/ here
I drive a 94 Integra, and I have gotten out of a good amount of tickets while in college. That being said, I've generally quit fucking around for the past couple of months

Every time I drive late on the weekends, I'll always get followed by a cop, while people driving around me blatantly break traffic laws.

Why is this?

From most people, yes, the hate is misplaced. But there's plenty of arguments in favor of shitting on the police. Especially in poorer areas. Plus, I tend to question the motives behind why a person wants to become a police officer. Sure, you can say you want to protect a community, but it also leverages you power over citizens and produces an us vs. them communication structure. Add in private prisons, drug wars, quotas, etc and it's all fucked up.

Attached: 1529672231025.jpg (796x634, 39K)

>Especially in poorer areas.
No, that's just an even stronger perception problem. Poorer people just tend to be less well behaved.

Their problem isn't with the police it's with modernity. In a culture with actual social cohesion, values can be enforced. In multicult hell you're just a number on a ledger and the talmudic legal system virtually assures that you're committing some kind of crime at any given time.

In a civilization based on reality instead of modern abstractions of equality we would just thin that herd of useless eaters.

>rolls on her drug dealer to get a reduced charge
>only spends 12 months in jail for killing a guy
this is fucked. was the drug dealer really worth not putting this bitch away for longer?

What said in regard to cops in slums and other disproportionately underprivileged areas. It's just natural instinct to be more alert in high-risk situations. They know what they're getting into.

>Plus, I tend to question the motives behind why a person wants to become a police officer.
Yes, but that will always be an issue. It doesn't detract from the necessity of enforcing justice.

Yes, the prison system is fucked up. The war on drugs is fucked up. That's because of corrupt spending, poor management, and putting a band-aid on a gaping shotgun wound to the chest. Every other nation in the world is dealing with the same issues, and some handle them a hell of a lot worse than we do.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the people trying to do good versus the people who just want more money. That's a human divide, it has existed in every sector of society and always will.

Q: Why did the policeman cross the road?
A: TO GET A BULLET IN HIS FUCKING HEAD!!!!!!!

nobody cares faggot. cops are just gangs in formal wear

Attached: cops.png (460x383, 12K)

Whaat is the most fucked up shit someone in your situation could get away with?

If America's the god damn "land of the free" why can't I shoot or kill anybody even when we all fucking know the world would be better without them? The world needs a fat ugly bastard or an ugly piece of shit? "Laws" are the biggest fucking bullshit around.

Is it difficult to get a drug misdemeanor expunged from your record? I got caught with a joint like 4 years ago and I forgot about it until they sent me a fine in the mail yesterday. Also, if I am charged with a drug misdemeanor does it show up in my records automatically or only after I pay the fine (admitting guilt).

So you're fine with somebody deciding the world doesn't need you and shooting you in the head?

Again this is a human problem. You're talking about the characters of individuals not the principle of authority. Yeah people are corrupt and shit. That's a given. But you tell me a better solution to making sure hundreds of millions of people obey laws and co-exist as peacefully as possible.

Regularly cull the herd of the weak and morally deficient.

Promote thoughtful breeding instead of providing incentives for untermench to reproduce.

user's just being a shitposting asshole, but there isn't really another viable option for him to give. That's why I just hate cops in private and move on with my life.

> But you tell me a better solution to making sure hundreds of millions of people obey laws and co-exist as peacefully as possible
Direct confederal democracy where every man and woman has legal consequence in rehab, zipties, and chambered in 9x19

Attached: compep.jpg (450x689, 75K)

You're being detained at this time. You've been stopped with probable cause, because I saw you speeding ten miles per hour over the limit posted fifty yards behind us. I've got you on radar and I've paced your vehicle. Sir, please step out of the vehicle.

Why are cops such absolute pussies?

because it's a requirement to enter the academy to have an inferiority complex

How does any of that actually enforce the law?

Ask the EZLN how it works.

Attached: Fuhreedom.png (468x340, 3K)

You have to be 18 to post here.
Go back.
What sidearm do you carry

Has the job made you racist?(if you werent already)

What for? I'm kinda old and can't stand for too long, also it's cold outside and I don't have a jacket. If you must write me a ticket then do that, pass it to me and I will fight it later.
Now again which crime are you detaining me for, because I didn't quite catch it? I'd like to be on my way without let or hindrance, sir.