Damn internet cut out last night so I'm gonna try this thread again

Damn internet cut out last night so I'm gonna try this thread again

Ask a US Police Officer anything.

>I am not a lawyer, nor is any police officer an acceptable substitute for one.

Basic facts:
-Started career working for the sheriff's office in a rural-ish North Carolina county
-Transferred to a large-ish metropolitan city police force in North Carolina after 2 years
-Spent 6 years on the city PD, worked on various drug/gang/violent crimes task forces
-Currently working as a state police officer in that same state

Attached: 2008-03-13_North_Carolina_State_Trooper_on_I-85.jpg (1645x1107, 259K)

What crime is the easiest to get away with while also being the most profitable, as well as the consequences being minimum if you are caught

Attached: unknown.png (609x618, 242K)

Is it true that you should never answer a cop who comes to your house because you are likely a suspect and they just want you to say something dumb??? If they had a case they wouldn't bother talking to you right?

what's your favorite type of doughnut?

stupidest criminal you've encountered?

What the hell is a cop doing on R9K?

why are undercover cop cars legal

Why are pigs such assholes that act like they are above the law?
Why do you stretch the law and randomly enforce minor shit to meet quotas?

Oh yeah, why do women get away with more than men?

What's the weirdest shit you've seen on the job?

Off the top of my head, shoplifting at higher end retail stores. Most have garbage asset protection nowadays, they can't stop or detain you if you try and flee, so as long as you take steps to protect your identity and get away from the scene before real police show up your chances of being caught are slim

If you have a clean record, getting caught is likely gonna just net you probation or community service work

We still talk to people we have rock solid cases on, just to see what they say/what statements they might make. You never have to talk to the police, but I've cleared just as many people through conversation as I've implicated

Regular glazed

And I've dealt with so many 0 IQ street level drug dealers it would be hard to pick a particular one. Had one guy swear up and down the pants we found him wearing weren't his pants and he didn't know where they came from or how he came to be wearing them

fucking around

Because from a legal perspective, police are identified by our uniform and badge, not by the car we drive.

The asshole thing is a result of a lot of stuff. Recruiting the wrong type of people for law enforcement. Byproduct of older styles of training that lack any element of de-escalation, and having to deal with the absolute worst people every day of your job for years

Quota's however, haven't been a thing since the 80's

Ask a DA, not me, we charge everyone the same

Define weird. I've caught a meth head drinking his own piss before

I am going to film you and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Why Jow Forums and not something like /b/? Are you robot or something?

scamming people by selling virtual items and not delivering

Nothing wrong or illegal about filming down here, as long as you don't try and actively disrupt whatever we are doing

Hell I wore a body cam for all 6 years I was with the city PD, and I loved it

is a security vehicle (fully marked as such with Amber light bar) from another state legal?

I had an officer yell at me violently as a kid (was 6/7 or so) for breaking a pumpkin patch's rules, but nobody was harmed. Was that the right way to go? I still remember it to this day.

Are you satisfied with your career choice (has it been fulfilling) or would you do things differently? What are your plans for the future?

Attached: ant.png (1005x592, 10K)

Yes. As long as it doesn't use red or blue strobes it would be legal

Probably not, traumatizing young children is usually frowned upon

Looking back, it's odd. I never planned to go into law enforcement. Sort of fell ass backwards into it as a career when I couldn't find work in my field getting out of college. I am mostly satisfied with it, although I think it's resulted in me being permanently cynical and racist to a certain degree. I've gotten to do a lot of good, positively influence a lot of people's lives.

Hopefully I can maintain an uneventful career in the Highway Patrol until retirement

I'm 19 and I've been thinking about getting into law enforcement for a while now, but I'm not completely sure.
Any advice you can give me? Is there a certain type of person that should or shouldn't become a cop?

Attached: FB_IMG_1552274151344.jpg (610x457, 27K)

Since you're 19 I doubt this is the case for you, but the one thing I always see is young guys getting out of the military who wanna hop into law enforcement. Don't.

Most of the worst officers we deal with are guys who are ex-military. The military sets you up with the completely wrong mindset to be a LEO.

Being happy and successful in this job boils down to your temperament and your personality man. You will deal with the absolute worst sacks of shit on a day to day basis. You will catch people red handed and have them scream in your face they haven't done anything wrong. You will work long hours and holidays for people who have little to no appreciation for what you do, and you will have to deal with walking stereotypes are are going to make you racists and jaded.

If you move up and deal with heavier shit, you are going to see some of the absolute worst aspects of society. You have to be able to compartmentalize that shit and leave it at work or it will eat you up inside.

Having a huge ass ego will get you or someone you work with hurt or killed. If you wanna be a hero, go be a firefighter.

I don't really have much of an ego, I think.
So, what do you enjoy about it then? Whats keeping you in?

Is there any beef between cops and firefighters and EMTs? Do you ever get upset that everybody likes them and nobody likes you?

Why are you and all other cops bastards

Is it illegal to flip off cops? Every morning on my drive to work there's a bunch of you pigs setting up a speed trap and it's honestly disgusting. I usually honk my horn a few times while going slow, but I want to express my true disgust towards y'all.

If you don't need the limelight to feel validated, you can do a lot of great things for your community. It's worth 6 months of stake outs in the ghetto to bust up a drug and trafficking ring. You may never see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's a great feeling to know that you helped someone stop throwing their life away or get shit turned around.

Not in any of the departments I have ever worked for. We all deal with the same bullshit, just different facets of it

see
Not strictly illegal, but it's just going to draw unwanted attention to you

Why are you still here? It's a crime to impersonate a policeman, I'm having you arrested.

If you are riding in a car owned by a felon, or riding in a car with the felon driving, or are driving the car with the felon riding, can that car be automatically searched?

Do you always have to identify yourself when a cop asks you in a non-arrest/detained situation?

Is the militarization of police real, or is only real in certain cities? How do you feel about that?

How do you feel about impounding cars or planting evidence in traffic stops?

Attached: burroughs with a gun 1.jpg (400x564, 42K)

You know those drug dogs are reading your face for what you want, not telling you if there are drugs in the car or not, right?

Attached: 1554874136003.gif (395x542, 1.15M)

>If you are riding in a car owned by a felon, or riding in a car with the felon driving, or are driving the car with the felon riding, can that car be automatically searched?

If the felon is still on parole/probation, then if it is his car or he is driving, he could subject to search. If he's just riding with you, he'll probably be pulled out to be searched, and you'll probably be asked if you consent to a search of your car

>Do you always have to identify yourself when a cop asks you in a non-arrest/detained situation?
In a conversational/non-investigative sort of way? No. You can only be compelled to reveal identity to an officers that has reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place-(in other words, if you are being detained)

>Is the militarization of police real, or is only real in certain cities? How do you feel about that?
Real in certain places. This is another reason why I hate that lots of police forces recruit so many ex-military dude-bros. It's a bad trend, and only makes the job more difficult

>How do you feel about impounding cars or planting evidence in traffic stops?
The only time we impounded cars was DUI arrests or major drug stops. Never known anyone in my career to plant evidence

The real deal is, almost everyone on the planet has or has had something in a car that would trigger a drug dog. Most will alert on OTC pain killers. Literally how many people do you know of that have never had a bottle of Tylenol in their car?

You have no consistent basis of training dogs either. Still, they are a great deterrent to crack heads trying to run into the woods to get away from you.

What was your original major/field in college? Do you work to alleviate your cynicism/racism or do you think it's just going to be there forever? I'm happy to hear that you have done lots of good and have impacted people's lives in a positive way. I hope I can do the same in the future. I wish you a satisfied rest of your career as Highway Patrol!

Attached: roshi.gif (500x324, 1.87M)

Are you aware of the First Amendment audits? (Spot checks)? What do most police officers think of them?

Have you ever met any stereotypical almost-retarded-level violent cops? Or any drug-addicted ones? I heard a lot of them are former or current drug addicts.

because this is /b/ 2.0

How come all of you popos and feds and marines love posting on E-Evil School Shooters' Clubhouse so much? You like this site this much?

Or are you the new generation of people who first started posting here and then you joined the gov't?

Can your fat ass in your crown vic/ v6 charger cuckmobile catch me in my northstar swapped fiero?

>The real deal is, almost everyone on the planet has or has had something in a car that would trigger a drug dog.
Correct me if I am wrong but I am thinking that it is not much about the drug dog finding anything but the perp's reaction to the dog?

>What was your original major/field in college?
Psychology actually. I've put it to better use in law enforcement than any of the orginal career fields I was considering.

And you just have to learn to leave work at work, be able to walk away and find things you enjoy. For me it's fishing and getting out on the ocean. Everyone needs an escape

>Are you aware of the First Amendment audits? (Spot checks)? What do most police officers think of them?

I am aware of them. The issue is, I think most of the people who do them try to be purposefully confrontational and create an issue/situation where you wouldn't otherwise have one.

>Have you ever met any stereotypical almost-retarded-level violent cops? Or any drug-addicted ones? I heard a lot of them are former or current drug addicts.

As far as the retard level violence, yes. Has a former co-worker was an ex-army, short hispanic dude who fit that stereotype perfectly. Needlessly escalated situations, always violent when he didn't need to be. Got fired because he got caught doing coke on the job

Posted on the chan before I was ever in LEO

Nah, but our helicopter can

A suspect's reaction can tell us a lot, of course. How people react and respond to a consent to search tells a lot

>How people react and respond to a consent to search tells a lot
Interesting. I always loved this "applied psychology" element of cop work. Analyzing the guy's body language, being in touch with your reflexes, and so on.

I would not mind being a cop if it wasn't for my social phobia and the fact that the people one meets every day would make me lose faith in humanity real quick.

>Needlessly escalated situations, always violent when he didn't need to be.
LOL. Sounds like the embodiment of the "Dammit Murphy, you are a loose cannon!" 1980s stereotype.

>Nah, but our helicopter can
Fucking road pirate fatsos.

Can you smoke on the job?

>I would not mind being a cop if it wasn't for my social phobia and the fact that the people one meets every day would make me lose faith in humanity real quick.
I was a gas station clerk on the night shift and this happened. The cops who came in for fountain drinks were the only sane people I ever talked to.

With time you get really good at it. You can pick up on small things that will indicate when someone is gonna run or try and fight it out with you, and you can try and get ahead of the behavior.

He's one of a couple dozen guys I've worked with that forever convinced me that ex-military makes for horrible law enforcement. This guy WANTED fights, he wanted a confrontation, and that shit is fucking pointlessly dangerous in police work

>Fucking road pirate
Actually had to deal with some of you sovereign wackos down here this year. Stay out west please

Varies department to department

You don't even really appreciate the level of crazy that exists in the world to you start working overnights

If I'm driving the speed limit and a cop is tailgating me, should I keep driving the speed limit? This happened once, I got the feeling, "maybe he is just in a hurry", and I wanted to speed up. But I also couldn't but think "this is a trick, he wants me to speed up so he can ticket me".

Is there a lot of people you know killing or unfairly detaining black people? You'd mentioned you're racist to a degree, but are you "shoot at anything remotely non-white" racist?

I'm not one of those lolbertarian douchebags. I just think speed limits are for morons who shouldn't even have a license. I know the capabilities of my car and am confident in my driving abilities. Why shouldn't I be able to drive as fast as I want? It's so fucking gay.

If you've read this guys posts you'd know that no, he isn't, and thinks cops who escalate things to that degree over nothing are idiots.

Apologies, I just came in and skimmed over the stuff.

This stupid pig in my town got killed with his own gun last summer. He was a former Marine, so that's what he gets for killing babies in Iraq.

Thoughts?

What do you think of higher level law enforcement or whatever, like the FBI? Did you ever want to become an inspector or anything like that? How bad are politics in the police? Do you often have to do dumbass bullshit that doesn't make any sense?

So are you redpilled on the NQ or not?

Attached: Sip6uvB8jBTCAEJ9.webm (360x640, 1.96M)

lol if you can't respect other people then at least respect that highway safety engineering exists and is responsible for every single aspect of your driving experience that makes it easy to get from point A to point B. if you want to take away the speed limit then you may as well take away everything else because it's "arbitrary" and "for idiots" and then enjoy absolute chaos on nonsense twisty roads that go fuckin nowhere after the engineers disbanded because one guy said he didn't like following the speed limit

Imagine being an uncivilized retard that gets mad and tries using big words whenever he encounters a police officer and can't understand why cops treat him like shit.

Based antircorporate nigger squad. If only these boyos wore Nazi uniforms and instead of a grocery store, it was Wall Street.

Imagine.

Automotive engineering also exists to optimize speed without sacrificing handling. But I guess you know more than a century of research in automotive engineering. Stop being a good goy.

They should issue license by classes. C for retards, B for normal people, and A for advanced drivers like myself.

What's required to open-carry a handgun in NC?

Can I simply purchase a gun from a friend and I'm good? Or will I need additional paperwork?

I've heard you need a "pistol purchase permit" from the sheriff's office to buy a handgun from a shop but was told this isn't required for private sales.

If I'm stopped by a police officer carrying a pistol and I tell him "Yes, I purchased this gun from ___" is that sufficient or will he demand some kind of additional information from me?

stop being pointlessly anti-authoritarian because the system is like, keeping you down, man.

Are you going to get a pension or did your dumbass governor raid it to build bridges and shit and never pay it back?

>anti-authoritarian
I'm not. I should just be able to go faster without getting a goddamn ticket for "speeding" so some fatass can fill his quota. It's horseshit. I pay taxes.

how often do you hit your wife? Do you need to fill a quota for that?

Do you have a reserve officer program where you are? What do they actually do in the field? Do they seem satisfied with their positions? It seems like pretty brutal work to be doing for free.

Then stop speeding and thinking you have some "gift" with driving and are anything other than average and reckless

Is this a long one-lane no-passing road or what?

Roger, Chief. I'm backtracing him as we speak, and the consequences will never be the same.

But this is the second most lolbertarian opinion on traffic possible, next to being against roads existing.

I was planning on being a police officer when I got out of the Army, but when I was in basic I fucked my leg up, and got sent home for medical conditions, my leg is fine and everything, but how hard is it to get a police job without a college degree/prior military service? I would specifically like to work in North Carolina or Virginia if possible, but I'm not from there.

Attached: kXKXqUT.jpg (161x129, 8K)

You don't have to tell the cop shit. It is your constitutional right, and to be honest most police officers wouldn't stop you for just open carrying.

Not OP but when being stopped on the street you just need a firearm licence. Purchasing requirements may be different and wackily inconsistent from state to state but those are just for buying the gun.

You will never look like EbolaChan.

Attached: EbolaChanPainting.jpg (1296x2177, 667K)

Granted, most cops will not care if you're just open carrying in an open carry place, but if bothered you do have to show that you are a registered firearm owner.

Not in NC, unless you're concealed carrying. You can buy a gun out of a van in an Ingles parking lot, there really isn't a "registered gun owner" thing here.

Unfairly? No. And no, I'm not that degree of racist

Haha, past experience has led me to know people who talk like you are almost always awful drivers

Not surprising

If you can get in the right positions, higher level agencies can be a dream job, otherwise it's just extra bullshit that I wouldn't want to have to deal with

And politics here aren't that bad, although you obviously have some of it

>Mr. X who contributed heavily to the mayor's re-election campaign saw someone vaguely ethnic is his gated community so we have to park 2 patrol cars in it for a week

Haha fairly so

Nothing is required to open carry, but yes you do have to get a pistol purchase permit/undergo a background check to buy a handgun, even if it's a private seller. I'll cap a pic with relevant info below this

definitely getting a pension

None yet

None of the agencies I have worked for did reserve programs

Attached: NCGunLaw.jpg (1700x500, 155K)

Ah. I stand corrected.

Attached: LangstonHughesQuote.jpg (850x400, 58K)

Dude why that image?

If you had the mindset to want to be in the military, you probably shouldn't be a LEO. Ex-military make for the absolute worst police officers in my professional experience. Given that you didn't actually get through basic though, you might be ok

Easiest way to get in the field is to either pay your way through a police academy for the agency you want to work for, or go back to CC and get an associates in a relevant field

see
You are still required to have a Pistol Purchase Permit, even for a private sale

Have you made any arrests pertaining to the possession or selling of marijuana?

How do you feel about marijuana prohibition?

Attached: 1557299692798.gif (330x254, 429K)

Hey, fuck you, pal alright?

How common is it that people finally get into the field as an officer, don't realize they have the stones for the job, and subsequently quit?

*realize they don't have the stones for the job

I feel like I'd be a chill ass cop. I don't really know what you mean by the ex military making bad cops, I've met tons of cops that were prior service and they were all pretty cool.

>guy who wanted to be in the military doesn't see the problem of letting former soldiers be cops

big surprise

I want to apply to my local PD, but I'm afraid that the fact I've quit a few different jobs in the past year or so will hurt my chances of being selected. Legitimate concern or no?

I understand what you're getting at guy, but it's not true. Military training isn't as deep into your psychology as you think. They're not all fucking animals with the inability to distinguish a civilian situation from combat in the military. You can meme about muh low iq brainwashed puppets dying for israel, but the fact is there are plenty of people in the military who are intelligent, or that they're all motivated by the different things, or that they have the same mindsets in the military. They aren't all the same person. The military has plenty of violent dipshits, dumb niggers, and retards, but it also has plenty of people who the exact opposite of that.

Fuck I'm so high I don't even know why I spent all this time typing this shit as a response to a shitpost

Where will you hide during the working class uprising, pig?

He lives in the US, where the working class, on average, likes police more than any other class.

So I'm supposed to get a "purchase permit" no matter what?

If I do "buy from some van in an Ingles parking lot" how do I complete the process? How is that firearm at all linked to that purchase permit?

Does it rankle cops when you politely refuse a search? I'm not someone who goes out of my way to brashly test my Constitutional rights with camera in hand, but I want my privacy and want to minimize my interactions with the police as much as possible. Also, police in my area are somewhat notorious for planting evidence, and many of the newer cops are sanctimonious young men with chips on their shoulders desperate to prove themselves.

Basically, will cops hold a grudge against me if I refuse searches calmly and politely?

>implying the police arent working class citizens

go on ebay and look up "fortnite account raffles" or something along those lines. it's so easy to scam little kids with their parent's credit cards.

How does it feel to be a class traitor?
fucking government cuck.

Should I buy a Crown Vic as my first car?

>Have you made any arrests pertaining to the possession or selling of marijuana?
When I was with the drug task force, we made tons. Busting street level weed dealers is how you moved your way up the chain.

>How do you feel about marijuana prohibition?
In general, I'd be fine if it was legalized for recreational use. Never really enjoyed busting kids for having a joint in their car

Very, the first 6 month wash out rate is always high

You might be my man, I can only speak from personal experience

depends on what the rest of your resume looks like

Yup, in a private sale you'd both fill out the applicable portions, and retain a copy in case the circumstances of the purchase ever came into question. Easy way to avoid the bullshit is to just get a CCP

I never have, most of the cops I work with wouldn't be the least bit put off by it. Like I said above, alot of times it's just to judge your reaction to the question, not necessarily your answer

yes

has Stacy ever offered to suck you off to avoid a ticket?

Have you ever arrested a soiboi? Did one ever try to fight or flee?

Attached: 1554745263510.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

Is it a bad idea to flirt with a female cop? Would that make them falsely charge me or would they be flattered?

Would asking a cop cutie out to coffee be a bad idea?

Imagine if you fingered her and she was about to defend herself but then she just started cumming and begging for more. Wouldn't that be great?

>Ask a US Police Officer anything.

Attached: op.jpg (300x168, 9K)

since you're agents of the state
be honest would you and your teammates shoot to kill for and follow gun confiscation?

Go fucking kill yourself before you shoot another black person, you fucking pig.

Calm down, bootlicker