Just want to make 40k a year. too stupid to achieve financial independence. i think im going to end it all

just want to make 40k a year. too stupid to achieve financial independence. i think im going to end it all.

Attached: wojack is tired.png (633x758, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

robinhood.com/
schwab.com/)
betterment.com/
wealthfront.com/).
investor.vanguard.com/etf/list
ishares.com/us/products/etf-investments)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

start playing an instrument and join a band just big enough to survive off of.
then do tours and shows for >=100 people and travel for free. that sounds like a free life to me

live with mommy and start saving/investing, eventually a shitty job + your investments will net you that much or more

you need to aim higher. go for 80k then you might end up with 40k

music is literally the absolute worst industry to get into. are you fucking retarded? even the best of the best don't make it. holy shit this is the dumbest post i've seen all year. kys

that sounds dumb as fuck
i already live with my parents. wagecucking for a like a dollar above minimum puts like 500 in my savings. no goddamn point
how? what good jobs are out there for dumb people that can't drive?

Attached: wojack is methed.png (298x260, 62K)

>shit job
>save
>invest

just look for a chill job. not one where you wash 1000 dishes a night or help 3000 customers an hour in a line

find something at a small shop where you're just sweeping and organizing stuff or security

invest in what? even if I save 20k a year I wouldn't know what to do with it? invest in the stock market? buy a house and remodel it? like seriously invest in what? im so sick of this advice. rich people can invest successfully because they can afford to take losses. working for $10 an hour for a whole year just to "invest it" is dumb as fuck

Attached: wait a sec.jpg (2048x1546, 187K)

alright fuck off then

exactly. "invest" is such broad advice. ya got nothing. the only way wagecucking works out is if you literally save for 10 years living with mommy and buy a small house with your savings.

even then you don't have a career but now you have to wageslave away to pay for taxes and bills.

go "invest" my balls in your mouth

Attached: fat wojack smokes while regretting it all.png (737x758, 158K)

I hope your savings account is a good one with at least 2.0% interest and not some shitty 0.4% garbage.
Also you can try investing in index funds/ETF's. Along with putting money into Roth IRA and your 401k.

lol 2 percent savings accounts don't matter. even if you had 100k you're only getting 2k a year. I guess that covers inflation but thats not a real way to make money.

im jobless. i don't have a 401k or roth ira the fuck

invest in a couple certificate training courses. check indeed or monster for the hottest paying jobs and look at the requirements. tally up the most commonly seen licences wanted and find a school.

>fuck off then
He asked a legitimate question.
Invest in what? How?

Attached: 1559604093017.png (2508x868, 130K)

wtf I didnt see your thread and I was wondering the same.. (except the emotive sad part)

Learn to code dumb fuck

Literally this,

Take a code bootcamp course or go to college

it's seriously a mystery to me, user. I'm not smart enough to get a degree worth a damn and trades are far beyond my mental capacity. I'm so goddamn bad with my hands. I just have the wiring in my brain to look at something, like a broken furnace, and then fix it step by step. I'm just not wired that way.

I need a repetitive job that's the same shit every day. My buddy works at a factory calibrating electronic components. It's the same parts, every day, no change. makes 20 an hour with full benefits and still bitches that it's boring.

>trades are far beyond my mental capacity
Nigger what? Most trades are easy as fuck. Hell a lot of trades carry over to others. I learned HVAC, welding, electrical, plumbing, sewing and machining all from helping my pops restore shitboxes infact I have a iq of 85 when I was tested.

That's dumb as shit. Equipment and instruments aren't free. There's no guarantee that you'll even get enough fans to play for 100 people each time. Then, you have to split up the money among group members. You might as well become a hobo who plays the guitar at that point.

I have severe adhd and ocd. I can't work with my hands. I can stay on task at all. I can't look at something and go step by step. there's literally no hope for me

what's the title of your friend's job?
I would love a job like this

i honestly don't know. he's a fucking cunt and won't tell me what certifications he holds.

he went to school for 7 months through the military and got 10 or so certifications like soldering for example. i keep asking him what the certs are so i can look up schools for civilians and he's being dense/retarded and won't tell me. i honestly don't know if im being paranoid or what, but either he doesn't know himself or he doesn't want me to succeed. can you imagine not knowing what certs you have?

it's exhausting talking to that guy.

can I really just do a quick bootcamp thing like that or what is it? do I need prior knowledge? and I can get a comfy tech job after that?

Yeah that's shaddy... maybe he doesn't have any. I thought these kind of assembly jobs paid minimum wage. I'm surprised it pays 20 per hour.

he does.

hes retired military. he was a reservist that hurt his back so they gave him a discharge. they paid for him to go to school for 7 or so months. I keep asking him to list his certs for me, or to ask his VA contact what he's certified in and he just won't do it. I feel like he doesn't want me to succeed or something.

he gets paid 20 an hour because you do need a good amount of training for the work you do. he works for a company that makes plane parts for the military and private sectors as well. they don't want dummies working for them.

>he was a reservist that hurt his back so they gave him a discharge
so it's that easy... I should join the military and do the same shit he did

lmao i have the same thought sometimes.

he fucked up a disc in his back. now he gets $1500 a month for life and it adjusts for inflation. ofc his back is fucked up but still. dude is set for life

>[
there are programs that will pay if you have a disability for college and shit I think you just have to do well in school and they keep helping

here theres a job seeker thing for people with disabilities and you just send them your doctor shit and they help you find a job or go to college

1500 a month.. holy shit
you can be neet for life with that amount
now I know what I'm doing
joining the military and arrange to break both my legs. I should easily get 2 gram per month for it

I make 40k/y and all I can think about is making 80k/y

>being suckered into capitalism

Attached: gervais.gif (320x213, 857K)

this is why I suggested investing and all I get is FUCK OFF FUCKING RETARD

there really is no way to get good money without investing and doing something business related

You really are a brain dead retard.
Fuck off and kill your self.

and this is why no one likes you and you're going nowhere. I make 60-100 dollars an hour.

>invest in what? even if I save 20k a year I wouldn't know what to do with it? invest in the stock market? buy a house and remodel it? like seriously invest in what?
If you invest $1k a month ($12k a year) in ETFs at 7% annual interest then in 20 years you'll have nearly $500k. Invest $2k a month and you'll have a million fucking dollars.

Min wage for in and out fast food burger is like $19/hour. lol move to commiefornia

I don't want to go back to college but at the same time I'm seeing how all the manual labour and service are jobs are slowly being phased out in favour of automatic labour and want to get ahead of the curve before I'm that 40 something loser with no skills and nothing going for him. I just don't know what to get into.

I got a roth IRA, I can't be bothered to day trade my own portfolio though.

dude same every time I go to a grocery store or burger king or dollar store or something

do a trade and get something cozy

okay, how do i go about doing this?

>do a trade and get something cozy

I grew up in and around trades people within my family and honestly that doesn't sound that ideal. Not that I'm not willing to work hard, but there's a lot of bullshit that goes on with breaking into trades work that could really fuck you over, and at the same time with everything becoming automated again I want to essentially 'future proof' my career.

don't think they're ever going to automate plumbers and electricians bro

Never fully. But trying to gain continuous real employment beyond apprentice/journeyman is already difficult, and its only going to get worse. And I simply do not have the people skills to successfully run my own company.

Plenty of places are hurting for those trades though. Mainly due to union fuckery throttling the total number of available tradesmen who can work in a state which means some areas are chronically under-supplied.

Wouldn't learning programming be the best bet for the typical autists that lurk Jow Forums? Since all you need is a computer and dedication. I'm desperate to get out of my parents house but I need some form of income, saving my wagebucks right now but in the long run I need a better job than gas station clerk if I want to stay in a home, rent is so fucking much. What is the best way to become quickly employable programming? The closest guide for something like this is 7chan's /jew/ sticky. I don't get why Jow Forums doesn't have something similar, just the sticky but no employment advice. Fucking get your shit together anonymous, I'm not one to talk though.

Attached: 1 k5v65hJ2AxMM3gaZ8rxvEQ.jpg (800x800, 150K)

I'd very much like to get into something to do with computers and programming but I have absolutely no idea where to start. I built my own PC so I'm not completely retarded but my computer knowledge is still average at best. I look at part time courses at my local college and stuff online but I half the descriptions are still gibberish to me. Then when I try to look up basic shit like 'Computers 101' its all stuff a 2 year old could figure out like 'Press shift for alternate characters'.

Attached: 1552631785000.jpg (1004x920, 55K)

Open a checking and savings account with a bank that has a branch near you. You'll need a starting deposit - probably $200 or less. Get a job, and give them your bank account details, they'll put your pay into the account. Put aside your savings until you have half a year's living expenses in your savings account, because having a buffer will save you more money in the long run and protect you from extended unemployment.

Next, connect your account with a broker (like robinhood.com/ or schwab.com/) or a robotrader (like betterment.com/ or wealthfront.com/). If you went with the robotrader, do whatever it tells you to - robotraders are the easy option. If you went with the brokers, do some research into different ETFs (e.g. investor.vanguard.com/etf/list or ishares.com/us/products/etf-investments) and try to understand the risks and rewards of each one. Put any additional savings into your investments. Be prepared for your investments to go through multiple boom and bust cycles, and don't get trigger happy with pulling your money out, just leave it there.

Personally I am just putting in an hour a day right now. Doubt I could sustain more over a long period. The benefit of putting in an hour a day over, say, 5 hours only every friday is that it becomes habitualized quicker.

>I built my own PC so I'm not completely retarded

Trust me when I say you're smarter than 20% of employed programmers already

And what kind of education do most employed programmers have?

im interested too. can it be done online or?