How do I become an interesting person...

How do I become an interesting person? I wish I was witty and talkative and had a magnetic personality like other people I know but I just dont. I feel like Im such a boring empty piece of shit. I never have anything to talk about.

Attached: crying feels.png (645x773, 47K)

you can't do much about that. this is like asking 'how do i become extremely intelligent.' some things are hard coded buddy, and most people aren't interesting or witty.

Travel to exotic places, learn creative hobbies. Have things to talk about that other people will be interested in. The most charismatic people at my office are the ones who have the most interesting stories to tell.

Don't worry about it. Most people are boring npcs me included. People these days have a over inflated opinion. It's a society narcissists. It's what we're taught growing up. You're special, you're the best etc. For the normies it's the realization that they're just an average joe that hurts them. For people like us it's the realization that just like a race someone has to finish last and unfortunately thats us.

what counts as a creative hobby?

lol this is literally the cool wine aunt. let me guess, their stories are mostly about their fucking vacations

Music is creative but i find when I or my friend talk about to other people they couldn't give a rat's ass. Drawing only gives like two sentences worth of dialogue and usually has the same problem as music.

Actually now that i think about, creative hobbies are not good for being interesting...

Just because you go to exotic places won't make you seem interesting/magnetic. You can still sound autistic and unlikable while talking about it.

I have one friend who has the ability to seemingly rant about anything and make it sound interesting. Hes a second life/WoW fag who just does tons of weird shit in online pvp all the time and I wish I could even reach 1/100th of his level of interestingness. Despite us both being basement dwellers in hobbies hes much more interesting and funny than I ever can be. It hurts.

one of the best hobbies is to learn about fashion. you will be able to talk endlessly about trends and brands while also improving how you look. all girls love talking about clothes. things like skincare, fitness, diets are also interesting subjects.

if that's not for you, getting deep into music, paintings, or food are always solid choices. if you can create a relationship that revolves around good food or going to concerts, you'll never be bored.

i dont think im interesting either and i dont have any hobbies really but people have said they enjoy talking to me and people find me funny, it's not all on you, the other person's personality has to mesh with yours too

It isn't the story it's how you tell it

lmao fashion, what? do you want her to think you're gay? how the fuck do you talk to a girl about fashion... wow that is one awful suggestion.

in order to have interesting stories i need to have an interesting life so were back to square one how the fuck do i become interesting

Three elements to good conversation:
- interesting, unique knowledge or experiences to discuss
- understand the back and forth of the conversation -- practice and figure out when people want to change topic, how they react to what you say, how honest, personal, or controversial a topic is appropriate, etc.
- ask them questions and respond/ask follow ups in ways that engage with the things they say, people love feeling like others are interested in them

I just told you how. Travel and pick up a creative hobby. You don't need any special skills to do this.

listen to dialogue podcasts like Tim Ferriss or Joe Rogan or old diggnation. take lessons from how people transition between subjects or ask questions. pick whatever you want to learn about, read about it, then learn how to talk about it with any person from any background. if you don't know about something that someone else wants to talk about, just ask interesting questions or make jokes. i don't know anything about sports but i can have an endless conversation about it by just making the other person give me information and repeating it or just reacting.

Imagine wanting to be "magnetic" and having people only like you for le good feelz xD

No thanks jeff

Attached: 4BUyvPH.png (1280x640, 946K)

avoid following advice like this if you're not actually good at talking to people because you'll come off like a stiff robot following a buzzfeed how to make friends article, otherwise those are good tips

Anything that requires skill and produces a tangible artifact as a result of practicing your skill. Drawing, painting, woodworking, cooking, metalworking, knitting / crocheting, pottery, etc. Cooking is a great one cause it's useful and makes you very popular.

How do I respond to things that make me feel like pic related? I always do okay until they start talking about stupid shit or normie shit. I'm really bad at pretending and will most likely sound autistic if I try.

Attached: Forsaken.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

this alone does not make you interesting i know people who have done this and theyre as dull as a rock
i joined the military to have more experiences and be interesting but now im just bitter and more unlikeable

how old are you? it's gay as shit if mommy still dresses you and you're pretending that you have any interest in clothes when you wear the same jeans two days in a row. it would probably be awkward to talk about brands if you're a poorfag too.

good luck talking to your next girlfriend about steak and football players lmao. i said fashion because it will improve your life while it makes you more interesting. if you have no interest in looking good or understanding how people look good, then it's perfectly find to get into other shit. girls love animals too, you can be an expert on dog and horse shit.

It does though. If you have actually been to exotic places and experienced unusual things, you have unusual experiences to share with others.

You are interesting. It's sounding more like you're just shit at communication which is an entirely separate issue.

joe rogan is an idiot that manages to stumble through conversations/interviews because he just says the first thing that comes to his mind. he's seriously such a goddamn moron, the only good thing i can say about him is that he doesn't care if he comes off as an idiot, which he does 99% of the time.

Try to work on doing something interesting with your spare time so you have something to talk about. I highly recommend some kind of active hobby that you participate in with other people rather than something you passively consume like movies or TV.
e.g.;
Just being knowledgeable about consuming fashion is okay, but being an amateur tailor is better.

I'm assuming you're male; men have a lot of trouble socializing as an end in itself. Women are much more comfortable seeing any activity as an excuse to socialize and socializing endlessly, I've hardly ever seen a woman run out of things to talk about. Men aren't the same, we tend to thrive in environments of action and only if it's a communal action, or at least something where knowledge can be exchanged fruitfully. You'll also feel more confident if you have some skill you're knowledgeable about.

You still might not be very conversational but you'll feel better about it even if you're not.

Attached: 1323402823939.jpg (937x960, 147K)

lmao this is hilarious. whats a conversation like with a girl when you talk about fashion? do you study the new line of some victoria secret bras or something ahhahah this is so retarded

most sociable people are like that. if you're afraid of looking stupid, you're going to have a lot of trouble in life. i bet you're the kind of guy who only argues when you already know you're right and your whole point will be that you are right.

joe has an abrasive cockhead personality which makes him blatantly wrong about a lot of things, but he's objectively interesting to listen to. he literally gets paid for that.

>men aren't the same
wrong.
>confident...some skill
i'm perfectly confident talking about second hand sources on things i have zero experience with. go to any bar, guys are talking out of their ass about anything and everything.

>i bet you're the kind of guy who only argues when you already know you're right and your whole point will be that you are right
i dont know where this came from, but nope, i dont argue much irl other than on this dumpster of a site. on here i'll argue about anything just to see if i can argue my way out of it. most people argue when they believe they are right, so i dont know what the hell youre even trying to imply with this

>admits to being underage
>can't find any reason to talk about something that literally covers 90% of everyone's body and defines how everyone looks
like i said i agree it would be gay if you started squeaking about the cost of fabrics or some weird shit.

I hate music. I know it's weird but I just dont care at all about all music, if I never heard music again I'd be just fine

Attached: BirdStuff.jpg (324x451, 14K)

so you talk to women about their brand of panties? its clothing, right?

im implying that you avoid confrontation if you are uncertain. agnostic about most things and generally silent in a group.

unironically even 16 year old dudes should be comfortable talking about panties with girls if they're already sexually active. but no that wouldn't be the priority, creepo

If you're not comfortable using these tactics directly, eavesdrop in on or stand in a group on a conversation where both parties seem engaged (particularly between strangers, like a group at a party) and pay attention to the flow of the conversation -- like, when and why do topic switches occur, what are the icebreakers people use early in the conversation to find a topic both of them can say something about, what causes a conversation to trail off and how do you recover from it, etc.. Then try it out yourself.

People will say you need to be interesting to be good at conversation, but that's not the main thing. Ok, if you're a shut in who doesn't do anything or read the news you won't have much to work with, but lots of normies with no real hobbies are still very social, and you can have a really neat hobby that means jack shit if you can't organically incorporate it into the conversation. So just focusing on the pure "how do conversations work" bit can give a lot of mileage.

If this sounds really autistic it's because I'm a literal autist, I had to figure this all out because I had to get better at small talk for career reasons and then I realised I could use this to make friends at parties.

most people with half a brain avoid pointless confrontation. also most people can't stand loud braindead boomers shoving opinions down everyones throat. maybe you do, seems like you do.

"Better to be quiet and have people think youre a moron, than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

sure man if you're happy with your social life and have the right friends, there's no reason you should change.

Idk man just don't try too hard and add a little bit of yourself wherever you go. Whatever you might think that is.

yea my goal in life is to be an argumentative toad like ben shaprio

>You are interesting. It's sounding more like you're just shit at communication which is an entirely separate issue.

In my experience as a Cyborg/sperg, you go to many places as you want and tell stories when you get back. But how you look at life, your actions, and HOW you communicate with people are the real main factor in making you an interesting person. I've traveled to different continents, went to concerts, and weird interactions with strangers, but I cant say much about it other than what exactly happened. But some normie will tell a "crazy" sex story plus examining on how he used his wittiness and everyone will look at him as he was Shakespeare. How a person communicate is way more effective than experiencing new places

where did that come from? only ben shapiro has friends what?

that's pretty much the best example i can think of for the person you seem to admire, i guess you can't follow

>if you're happy with your social life then it's a good thing
>"OH YEAH? BEN SHAPIRO SUCKS! SARCASM!"
yea sorry you need to try again. aversion and silence inherently limit interaction, i didn't say you have to be a prick to make friends.
my only point is that usually the people who are most concerned with looking dumb or wrong are the ones who sit on the sidelines alone. some of my good friends never argue with anyone and they're fine. there are countless types of personalities that are successful socially, but the idea that "saying the first thing that comes to mind" or "doesn't care if he comes off as an idiot" is a bad thing betrays a sense of insecurity. if i hit a nerve then chill out man, you have your whole life ahead of you to gain confidence.

who said ben shaprio sucks? i didn't, he's great at arguing and being confrontational. he's also the exact opposite of all of these things joe rogan has smoked himself retarded at this point, he's just a fucking idiot now that just says anything, it's not really confidence, it's just stupidity. he was always dumb but he was 10x better when he first started because he still had brain cells back then

>but he's objectively interesting to listen to
He's not, he's just a standup comedian
It's a skill, it can be practiced, but nothing he says is interesting or funny.

he knows how to choose guests. his guests are interesting and they pick up joe's slack. the best example for that is the elon musk interview, it's absolutely terrible because elon was just an autist and joe couldn't make anything work.

What if you don't want to associate with retards who fall for retarded bullshit like Rogan's show though?

Why are you obsessed with joe rogan? Hes just one of many talk podcasts. Listen to Theo vonn if thats more your speed.
Nothing? Yikes I wouldnt know but I have my doubts that youre the expert. Do you have a lot of followers?

because the user mentioned joe rogan as an example of an interesting person to listen to and i felt like shitting on joe because he's a meathead, do i really need to explain this?

Neat. He is interesting though.

A magnetic personality is nothing more than genuine interest for others. And interesting people to talk to is genuine curiosity for things

he's a bad stand up comedian that smokes a lot of weed and talks about mma constantly. his guests are the interesting ones

>He is interesting though.
Alright, I'll bite. How?

He has a lot of followers because he's business savvy and plays by the book, making a lot of effort to create a recognized space for himself (long casual chats with celebs from everywhere, like a talk show but with less restrictions)

That's what you can admire from Joe, not him being interesting and funny, simply because he isn't. His comedy is bland edgy shit, his comments most of the time are the kind of tripe you expect from your usual Jow Forums user.

Read, force yourself to have experiences (concerts,shows,community events, ect.) even if you have to go alone, talk to people that are interesting, genuinely find what you love and revel in it. There is nothing more interesting than passion for anything. Get hobbies that are useful and draw people towards you (like drawing).

he was also one of the first to jump aboard the podcast train and do these long conversational interviews. you couldn't really find stuff like this anywhere else other than AM talk radio crap that pretty much no one listened to, or howard stern.

People are interested in seeing him and being friends with him. Many more people than he can reasonably share his life with.

He has a wide demographic and hes not really into shock comedy. I dont know much about him and dont really care. If youre the expert on interesting people then you are probably extremely rich, so I only have respect

>People are interested in seeing him and being friends with him. Many more people than he can reasonably share his life with.
Ok, we established that you'd like to suck his cock, can you answer the question now though?

you don't understand what a "magnetic personality" is. people don't want to hear about other people's lives as much as they want to talk about their own, so the key to being likable is being very interested in other people, getting them to talk about what they're interested in.