You sit down at the table

>You sit down at the table.
>Your life is on the line.
>Around you is a million faces of death, and you are playing a game with them.
>They've been around since the birth of Mankind, and they're still here. Some that we beat are coming back.
>If you don't win against each of these countless faces of death, well... for the feint of heart there are spoiler warnings.

[spoilers]You
Will
Die. [/spoilers]

It's not poker. Poker is too simple. Poker has been solved time and time again. As has chess, and all the other games. A better solution might pop up, but it would be to get money. If you're playing chess, I respect you. I am bad at chess.

What continues are the rules.

Attached: il_570xN.887326575_fbmq.jpg (570x634, 88K)

*Throws table to the side and stands up, unsheathing legendary katana*
*I lower my fedora and grin wickedly thusly*
Heh. Looks like you're playing by my rules now

>Your life is on the line.
It doesnt matter how much money you have when you die. Let religion comfort those who haven't figured it out or refuse to figure it out, just don't let them get in the way. Let riches comfort those who want a smooth transition to finding out they're wrong, and help survivors grieve. We need survivors. They've got fight left in them.

>You only live once
There is no respawn. The developer is nature, and she is a cruel mistress because you never know if it's a bug or a feature. The code is chemical and its got a stability that varies. Let there be no mistake, if you're here except for an hour a day and you aren't running a digital marketing firm you probably have a problem. I had this problem. I would come here for a feigned sense of companionship. Sometimes I would give advice - but usually it's just some rudimentary shit like telling people to see a doctor. I am not a doctor.

But here's the thing... You have tools.

Attached: W-edwards-deming-total-quality-management-thinker.jpg (275x333, 27K)

you fucked up the spoilers

>The game is rigged
It's the Kobayashi Maru test from Day 1. Welcome to real life. We compete for everything. You go here and other places because you wish you didnt have to. Competing for food, friends, money, mates... It is part of the human condition. We compete for life from one another so much that we forget about all the times others save or give away. Only the crazy people give away free advice. Only idiots give away patents and inventions, right?

>It doesn't have to be
Everything that separates humans from animals is to solve game theory. Some animals with brains do this to a lesser extent. In nature we call them "Niches". These exist in business in well.

>The evidence for a solution is grim
Our best engineering to solve social inequity always have side effects. You call them roasties. I call the side effects of tinder natural responses with a natural system. You could replace the genitals with highly engineered prosthetics to achieve the same ends and add filtering for everything from disease to undesired genetic material if your budget was infinite

Attached: 300px-MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png (300x212, 9K)

Carl, put the table back up and sit the fuck down, I swear to baby Jesus. This is the kind of shit that makes us not invite you to family gatherings.
And put that piece of chink plastic down before you poke your eyes out

>Tools
>Figure 2: Deming
Unlike me, Deming is a doctor. He has a Ph.D in the science responsible for Japanese industry rising from the ashes of WW2 and becoming a quality of Standard today. His books are like 30 years old. Deming died in 91. Go read Mary Walton's boon on him. He made us the tools that make you a better human. It's cheaper and better than the shit online for money imo.

>Math
Oh, did I forget that Deming is easy? His tools are for the 8th grade math level. This is not on accident. Deming is a teacher, and he studies time efficiency. The deming method is all about...

>Quality
This is the essence of Deming's argument: Quality is everything. Never compromise on Quality. I am not saying Mary knows everything but her book is amazing and changed my life and is basically free. If not, just never compromise on Quality.

If you disagree, please leave an explanation for discussion.

Attached: Timeline_evolution_of_life.svg-Copy-1024x793.png (1024x793, 670K)

I haven't used this website for awhile. Sorry that the post isn't flawless. XKCD's vision of r9k is to make a forum a truly unique forum for discussion. People get past the spam filter. Im shocked you weren't.

Contribute something or fuck off.

Fuck you dad! I told you I was watching MLP you fucking prick! Why can't you just fuck off! ITS MY LIFE!!

Attached: 914-9144208_ck-food-cooking-png-wojak-fat-crying-crying.jpg (820x822, 195K)

'It's my life'?! You don't get to use Bon Jovi's, and Selo I Ludy's words like that!
Now sit down, shut up and try to have dinner without freaking out you fat fuck. I really should look into kicking you out, you're lucky I've been so patient

*Zawa Zawa Intensifies*

Attached: 5R3AfVz.jpg (833x1200, 700K)

#boybuttlover213 was right about you, dad! You are a psycho asshole! *speed wobbles towards the exit in sobbing tears, dabbing just befoe i step out*

Attached: 1538254678469.png (1350x770, 1.72M)

I had a friend like you in high school. He was a brony but he wasn't overweight. I think I may have autism, it's hard to accept since the empiracle data is never complete.

My friend learned about continuous improvement and passed me by. I havent seen or heard from him in ages. I miss him.

He taught me something about MLP: It has the best creation story.

Well, maybe if you like living in the dreamworld. I won't mind if you do, just stay out of our fucking way since we're figuratively and literally cheating death.

For those who wish to learn, Start with Mary's book on Deming.

For those with ideas, you're crazy if you give your ideas away. Or are you? What does the empiracle evidence suggest?

The point of this thought experiment is to argue against capitalism in the form of biotech to push transhumanism. I don't have one with the problem statement.

Attached: 41C3YSoBYsL._SY450_-1.jpg (334x450, 20K)

Kek, thanks for the exchange and a laugh, it was good fun
Now imma drop a fat shit and stop procrastinating on work
Have a good day, user

>sage in name field from the time he failed to sage
>cant spoilertext
You failed. Badly.

Attached: effs_anti_indian_comments_stand_godrich_gardee.png (698x349, 521K)

Congradulations, you know Jow Forums. So do I. I'm kinda old.

>Figure 3?
>Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Go to work if you need to.
Get money. Get food. Get your shit together. I had a mental breakdown recently because my shit is NOT together. I'm giving advice with the tag 'sage' because I AM A FOOL AND THOSE WHO WEAR THIS TAG MUST NOT PULL RANK BUT LET THEIR THREADS LIVE OR DIE BY THE QUALITY OF THEIR POST. Feel free to wear it if you think you have what it takes. Debate as me. I might drop by with the name 'Fool' to call you out.

Is this game fun yet?

Attached: 4f658af.jpg (1242x1853, 181K)

what a newfag, can't even use spoilers right

The name of the game is then,
'Sage and Fool'?
Sage: It has been this way since the dawn of television, with two puppets moving.

Do you understand how the rules work? I'm not great at making posts, please criticize.

Attached: 4a9171b.jpg (540x720, 83K)

Do people not use spoilers or do you refuse to see the FUCKING POINT of r9k?

Attached: tenor.gif (220x182, 213K)

Expect to hear this often:
Times up. It is too late.

Don't bump unless you think you have something worth saying, please.

Again, the topic is transhumanism.
This is an exercise in logic. This is a thought experiment. This is the push to fixing things, I hope. I'm working on something to make your heart die less tomorrow.

Fool:
You ignoramus! You naive child! You hyppocrite

Sage: I wear all these tags with pride as well. Perhaps more names along these lines would add some flavor to the game.

Attached: 3e45f9e.jpg (681x612, 82K)

Lol okay I'm having fun making this for myself. Wonder who will figure out how much is samefag just by LOOKING AT THE QUALITY OF THE FUCKING POST.

>The hyppocrite:
Advice from those who have made mistakes.

I've made mistakes. Life and Engineering are about failure. Learn to fold graciously, and learn everything about why you do.

I had a drug problem. I believe drugs can be used to motivate people if used correctly, but I will never use drugs to control others, and if it seems like I do and you have a hunch who I am, CALL ME THE FUCK OUT.

Let's move on...

Attached: 1e8.jpg (250x309, 14K)

>Figure 11
>Anonymity
This game is a tool I invented to give advice.

Giving advice online you are tempted to pull rank. If you're on an anonymous forum and someone claims to be a doctor, hopefully their advice can stand on its own.

Ugh, I'm getting tired...
Could someone else demonstrate how to play the hyppocrite for me? Just talk about what to avoid if nothing else, but I suppose a fun story is always nice.

>He saged his own thread
I know its the wrong field don't start kinda funny though
Anyway OP is a faggot what else is new
>Pseudo-intellectual bullshit
>Harping on the "purpose" of Jow Forums
Is this bait?
At least google "posting on Jow Forums" first mate

Attached: 789-Laughing_Fool_cropped.jpg (624x416, 61K)