Jow Forumsal/ck/ies

What you remember (but wish you didn't) about the last time you got plastered Edition.

Attached: image.jpg (384x384, 14K)

I don't drink I smoke weed. And I have never regretted anything I've done whilst high.

I DONT REMEMBER HOW I GOT DRUNK!

dude weed lmao

Why do you poison your body with such filth? Drinking in moderation is fine, but I doubt you're doing that.

I'll start.
>be me
>latest binge was 6 bottles of wine per day (33% cheaper to buy 6 rather than 5 or 4 etc.)
>always drink all 6.
>finally stop because my body is shutting down
>drive myself to the hospital
>get good meds and feel a lot better
>arrived at ~10am, discharged at ~10pm
>get home sleep
>wake up at 1:30 and it's bad
>back to the hospital
>prior blood tests came back ok, so they think I'm faking it
>many doctors and nurses said 'what can change in a few hours, your just going through withdrawals
>treat me as a super low priority case
>in absolute agony, screaming in pain
>head doctor in the ER comes in and says 'IF THE NEXT BLOOD TEST COMES BACK FINE YOU ARE OUT' and leaves the room
>spend the next 2 hours (13 in total) in pure agony praying for so,e pain killers
>worst pain of my life
>blood tests finally come back
>bitch head doctor comes in 'yeah you've got pancreatitis, we will check you in'
>I reply 'you were so angry at me before' but relieved they believed me
>she snidely replies 'I get a dozen just like you every week who have nothing wrong with them'
>promptly get large dose of morphine from a couple of hot as fuk nurses and pain settles
>get a room, get a morphine button I can press every 5 minutes and 2 vallium every 3 hours.
>survive
Haven't told any family about this, too embarrassed.
What's your story user?

Attached: image.jpg (250x200, 23K)

Here we go again Jow Forums...

You are very dumb

No I'm an alcoholic through and through.
I haven't touched it in 18 days now.
This year I went ten days without, terrible withdrawals, binged. Ten days without, terrible withdrawals. Binged. 6 days without, terrible withdrawals. Binged, hospital, nearly died.
Now I'm 18 days sober and I want to make that 80 days, then 8 years, then until the day I die.
I can't just have a social drink. I drink, I have to get plastered. I'm mentally ill in this way so I must abstain.
So far so good, and I'm working hard at keeping occupied with hobbies and family, so I don't slip again. Ever.

Yes, yes I am.

>say I'm quitting
>stop for a day then
>have twisted detox dreams about giant black dragon destroying everything
>buy a bunch of ipas
Could be worse but still not optimal. I think I've managed ten days sober the last month.

I quit because soul crushing paranoia and horrible introspection about my life. It just ended up making me drink more anyway.

I'm somewhere in the middle ground. My body can't tolerate serious binges so I usually just keep going at a brisk pace. Still definitely doing myself in though.

drunkard circlejerk more like offers 0 perks

Keep it going. Same thing for me, anytime I drink I just can't stop myself until I'm black out drunk. I have a long list of regrets about things I've done drunk.

Soul-crushing paranoia? Wtf? Maybe you were smoking the wrong strain...Never experienced that before.

Thanks user.
Yeah I've even lost my best friend because some dumb shit whilst drunk. Still salty over that because I really didn't do something that bad but for him it was.
I've broken more bones drunk than when playing sports + the rest of my sober life combined.
How old are you user. I've just hit 40 and if I don't stop I won't see 45. The main motivator is my wife and my son. (Pic related)
I hope you can find a motivator to stop because if you don't, you will shave decades off of your life.

Attached: image.jpg (1536x2048, 245K)

dumb drunkies

Attached: 1509289218887.png (650x354, 147K)

For me paranoia was there the first dozen or so times but then quickly wore off and you could just enjoy. However...
I was dating a girl once and her father was a pastor.
He came over unexpectedly one night and my gf and all flatmates ran upstairs so I had to answer the door... We'd been doing buckets in the kitchen.
The pastor walks in, (I'm stoned off my face) goes into the kitchen, sees all the weed and drug parafinalia, turns, looks at me and says 'BUSTED'. He then promptly leaves the apartment.
I can honestly say I was pretty fucking paranoid I'd get a visit from the cops that night.

Attached: image.png (462x526, 348K)

Tried all kinds way back before I quit. It gives me the horrors unless I'm already somewhat drunk. Then it started giving me these horrible flashbacks to every stupid thing I ever did, drunk or not.

Almost forty. Pretty sure I'll see 50 at least as long as I take breaks and whatnot. Honestly I don't want to see what the world has turned into by then. Really I don't want to see what it's turned into now. If I'd known I'd have turned my brain to cinders back in my 90s raver days.

Oh yes I see. When you get caught while high you tend to feel your heart dropping and/or a stone forming in your chest, That is rather normal.

I just turned 30. Spent about 11 years partying way too much and ended up in rehab a few times. I'm finally figuring out how to stay sober after trying for years and it's not easy but it can be done. I personally didn't find AA or NA any help but some do. Everyones sobriety looks different. I have my first child on the way and that is definitely a huge motivator. Getting out of the military has been a huge help as well. Cute kid btw user. I can't wait to see what mine will look like and whether he/she will look more caucasian or more asian.

Military seems to turn people into raging drunks even if they aren't full blown seen some shit ptsd operators. There was a guy in the old al/ck/ threads who swore finally getting into the service would fix his drinking problem. We tried to tell him what's what. Hopefully he's sorted himself out by now.

Yeah, my son has a more asain appearance for sure.
I went to my first AA meeting last Sun, then Mon, then Tue, now it's Thursday and I'm going again.
It's helping me because I'm usually rotten drunk by the time the meetings start, so staying sober just to go helps.
The one I went to on Tuesday was great. Only people 30+ years are asked to 'share' and their stories were inspiring.
I'll keep going as long as I can. Pretty sure I would have drank heaps since Sunday if I didn't start going, so it's helping so far.

Congrats on the baby on the way also. My wife is 17weeks pregnant. Hoping for a girl because I know that's what my wife wants. If it's a boy I fear she'll want a third and I don't want a third to be honest.
I'd be so happy with two boys but I don't want to be selfish. I want my wife to have a little girl she can bond with.

Kpop tier general post. Even r9k can't beat this pathetic pity circle jerk. Get your life on track or kill yourself so we won't have to see this shit in the catalog.

The first time I ever got drunk in my entire life was in uniform. The military as a whole, at least in Canada, has a huge drinking culture. In the Navy there used to be pop machines filled with beer where you could pop in a loonie (1 dollar coin) and get a beer. People would get drunk every night at sea and then get even more fucked up in the foreign ports. They're starting to change that now after some mishaps including a fire on a ship that pretty much destroyed it where a lot of the guys onboard were too drunk to fight the fire. I almost got shot on an American Navy base from being a drunk retard and put myself in dangerous situations drunk and alone in foreign countries. Luckily I have a horshoe up my ass. I found the Navy made me depressed and was a huge motivator behind my drinking.

What do people drink Denmark anyway? You guys big beer or spirits drinkers?

They drilled it into our heads in the rehab place I went to that if we continued drinking or using that we would die and I thought it was a bunch of bullshit, but lo and behold several of the people I was in there with are now dead. So I would say if the meetings help keep doing it because in reality it is some serious shit and if your an alcoholic like me its at the very least going to take years off your life it not your life completely.

I miss the proper threads though these are alright.

Attached: What I'm Thankful For.png (244x304, 154K)

Yeah we lost a lot of good men getting the boot from /ck/
Oh well, such is life.
18 days sober here and finally getting towards living a normal life!

>have never fugged while drunk
>probably never will
ah, such is life lads

well, i'm pretty sure they have heineken and corona at every bar you go to in Denmark
>reply 2 confirm if it is fact

it's 100 hour so take a shot of rice wine

Sweet I think I'm going to manage to keep it to three beers tonight and pass out.

Sake is shit tier alcohol.
Lived in Japan for ten years and it's just crap. Does the job though if your sole purpose is to get drunk.

Good job user. Wish I could do that. I'd have the three and then be driving to the local to buy a case :/
I am WEAK.
All my life it's been drinking to get plastered.
Wish I had your mental strength.

I wonder if 8ch could be a good home. I've never been there desu.
Started a thread there looking for an al/ck group but so far no luck.

I'm just tired and it's late. Tomorrow will be the real test when I have shit to do and I'm off. Hopefully I'll just binge on food.

Binging on food is much better.
I've been binging on tea and coffee all day everyday.
I've also been through 4 packs of cigarettes since I stopped drinking. Had quit for several months, so I gotta stop this asap too.
Here's my wife's pussy to enjoy while you finish beer #3.
Good luck for tomorrow!

Attached: image.jpg (1108x1478, 284K)

what other purpose might there be?

There's /alcoholism/ but like the rest of that site it's dead as fuck.

wew this thread is like stereotypical Jow Forums
there's literally no reason not to make this shit there instead
at least there you have a nonzero chance of someone joining in

>al/ck/ is banned from /ck/ even though it was a non-invasive containment thread that's been around for years
>moved to Jow Forums and bullied
>then moved to Jow Forums and bullied again
The mods are fucking cruel.

moved from there m8

why

I'm pretty sure you won't die with us here m8. Just ignore if you can't stand us. Otherwise complain to the mods to get us banned from here too.
Or just enjoy the chat like the rest of us?

I was literally just asking a question sonny you don't need to get lippy about it

Attached: 1508615650832.png (555x407, 13K)

Lippy?
Which part was 'lippy' friend?

how about the part where I asked a one word question and for absolutely no reason you went off on a rant about me not being able to stand you? you're not exactly giving people much reason to enjoy chatting with you do you

Attached: 1507849441642.jpg (381x380, 20K)

I just want liquor and dirty whores
Cause I don't care no more

came over as a bit aggressive Bart

oof yes

I'll definitely add "aggressively tries to help people" to my resume

I'll give you one thing, you are good at twisting things around to play the victim card. You've got that one pretty much down pat. I'm sure that will get you far in life. Are you a feminist, too, by any chance?

Leave my little brothers alone, Australia.

Attached: Geert shades.jpg (1200x900, 138K)

That literally doesn't even merit a response
It's fine I don't even wanna know anymore you are absolutely hopeless

If by "aggressively tries to help people" you mean "belittling people with a problem to make me feel better about myself" then sure, feel free to add it to your resume.

Sorry user. Let's all play nice.
What are your plans for today?

if telling people they might have more access on a different board is somehow belittling then sure
they were literally talking about how they don't have enough people around goddamnit all I was pointing out was that they probably aren't gonna find any more here

Wholly fucking rekt batman

To be desu the threads on /ck/ were like 10 times faster, reaching the bump limit within 24 hours was not exceptional.

which was kinda my entire point to begin with wasn't it
does that mean you're done spinning fantasy stories I wouldn't wanna interrupt your creative process

Attached: 1514992911318.png (579x581, 416K)

...what?

I once drank 4L of homebrew as 14% and tried clib a good mate's head in over a small fight over money and business. Where still the best of mate to this day, but I regret it to this day.

That's a lot, depending over what kind of time period. I doubt I could ever go that in one sitting.
It's great you are still best mates though. Alcohol makes people retarded and do fucked up shit.

Faggot got banned lmao, good riddance.

Ohhhh snap!
I didn't find him to be offensive, just next level retardation. I'm kinda glad that's a bannable offence desu.

I've never been drunk before!

Attached: 1524351213929.gif (800x909, 1.52M)

speedosausage?
nice choice

There's only a handfull of my fellow countrymen around here but i've found at least one of them is an ego-tripping cunt.
I sort of suspect it was that guy.

how long does it take you to kill a 750ml of vodka?

Well, you seem like a very decent user, so I'm not going to judge your country by one guy.
Same as that autist from Denmark. I think they have a wonderful country and one autist doesn't change my opinion.
I'm Aussie so I can't talk, we are the shittiest of shitposters around. Well, maybe Canada holds that crown, at least according to Jow Forums

I'd finish it in one sitting, for sure. My liver wouldn't be happy with me though. It's royally fucked as it is, and I would like to life long enough to watch my son grow up and kick-ass at sports.

do you ever think of quitting? do you get wd

I'm 18 days sober friend.
I'm making this into 80 days then 80 months if I live that long and then till the day I die.
If I don't, I'll be dead before I'm 42 and I'm 40 now.
How about yourself, user?

nah i'm not an alchie but I feel like I could be going down that path
I drink some form of alcohol most every night but not to the point of being drunk

I also tend to like hard liquor more than beer or wine and sip it within the comfort of my room alone so idk I might be one actually

Where would you guys draw the line between being a heavy drinker and an alcoholic?

Legit al/ck/ies can no longer function without alcohol.

You're supposed to taper to avoid the worst of withdrawals, not damage your brain, and avoid kindling.

THC is known for being anxiogenic in some people/cases. CBD (without THC/artificial THC) is only anxiolytic, but differently than "being high" (THC in most people).

Just filter /alc/ and al/ck/. Top right of the page in the options.

I used to drink 75cl to 1L per day.

Nah, there are functioning alcoholics.
When your drinking negatively impacts your social life, work, family and/or health and you can't manage to drink less to solve your problems.

>Nah, there are functioning alcoholics.
Doesn't contradict what i said.

If I could taper I would, but one drink needs to be 20 for me.
Valium seems to help heaps when I can gat a hold of it.

"Medical" taper with benzo work too. Just make sure you don't get addicted to those too, they're literally as bad as alcohol. And quitting both is ridiculously hard.

I've never gotten how they are as bad?
If they help you quit alcohol, how can they possibly be just as bad? Even being addicted to them, how can that be just as bad?
Do they kill brain cells, your liver, kidneys and pancreas?
I know they are addictive. But how can being addicted to vallium be even in the ball park compared to alcohol?

I haven't gotten addicted to them. I guess they're less damaging on the digestive track, but can go faster and deeper into addiction/tolerance.
The point where you don't get drunk anymore, you only can be less withdrawing, is very bad.