Coping

How do you guys get past your depression? I'm currently in the most shit part of my life so far. Trying not to kill myself because my mom would definitely kill herself if I did. Any advice to give myself some joy, or at least some motivation?

Attached: 186546BE-EBDA-481E-B20B-4094C726708F.jpg (924x571, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/empty_life
archive.org/details/0402_Search_for_Zest_The_00_00_50_00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just have more sips, brother. Stock up on your favorite energy drinks and sip the day away.

kill her first then yourself

if you're inside a lot, start taking a fuck ton of vitamin D every week. you will start to feel a shift in mood in a couple weeks. after that, while your spirits are high(er at least), start going to the gym a couple days out of the week. clean up your diet while you do all of this. in a couple months, you'll feel like a different person. this is currently working for me.

it actually does work for a bit

Does this actually help in some way?

Attached: wizcomputer.gif (269x350, 247K)

When I'm not lurking through image boards to distract my thoughts I've been spending as much time outside as I can. Felt better from it after about 3 weeks. Thought it was a meme but it actually helped. I still can't sleep, eat or function properly but I feel better from just spending time in the sun.

i just drive dangerously, i like the thrill of putting my life in my own hands, especially at night on an winding mountain road, I want to get in a horrible crash and neet forever or become the best driver...

Attached: D-fKS3MX4AAvKJS.png (563x425, 553K)

Thanks for the reply, I'm basically in bed all day so I'll definitely try this out. How long have you been going to the gym before it became a part of your routine?

Attached: 1554901381202.png (400x333, 91K)

Good advice, I will make an effort to be outside every day or so. Thanks for the reply user

Attached: 1544037167424.png (1196x752, 21K)

"This too shall pass"

If you keep going, you'll eventually put this depression behind you.

I would also suggest listening to the daily stoic podcast (they're like 3 minutes lo g. Worth a quick try) or just reading stoic philosophy. The stoics have pulled me out of more than one SERIOUS slump- like the time my company went bankrupt and I lost everything...

I wish you the best. You don't really need luck. You just need to pick a direction and keep moving forward.

It helps you get diabetes.

if you're in bed all day, definitely, definitely, start taking vitamin D. you might want to throw in some B12 complex too. for the gym, i'd say it takes about a month or so to really get into the swing of it.

You could take some tips from the 60's:

Part one; how to know if you are depressed: archive.org/details/empty_life
Part two; what to do about it: archive.org/details/0402_Search_for_Zest_The_00_00_50_00

That's an awesome idea user. I might try this. You either enjoy the adrenaline thrills or end up in a /comfy/ hospital where you get taken care of and don't have to be a wagie. It's a win win.

Depression is usually triggered from the environment, and your susceptibility is generally genetic.

This means you either have to change your environment (e.g. your day to day activities and your goals), or you have to change your mindset (how you feel and process your day-to-day activities).
You do the former by figuring out what you want out of life, making goals, and achieving them.You do the latter via changes in your psychology, often times therapy in western society, but eastern theology is better suited imo.

For me personally, it was when I realized that life, and specifically my feelings and problems were mere illusions, is when the dark cloud of depression started to be lifted. This was a spiritual insight, granted to me by a indic text on liberation (though i am far from liberated).

I am going through exactly the same thing OP. I have barely even left the house in weeks and the suicidal thoughts are mounting. All the advice I can offer you is that remember you can literally do ANYTHING and there are no restrictions. If you do SOMETHING then as the Matthew Principle suggests, more good things will come. Both positivity and negativity are exponential so if you laze around all day, life will get worth, but if you attempt something then you will be better able to attempt more things which will in turn make you feel better.

Already got it so that's no problem ;^)

I'll give that podcast a try tonight. I'm sorry to hear about your company. you have given me some inspiration today, I appreciate that.

If it helps like you say then it's definitely worth a shot. A month ain't so bad, I think I can do this.

It's comforting to know others are going through similar times. Misery loves company I suppose. That's a really good way to think of it. Have to think of the future.

Attached: 155950484198.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Have you tried getting into something like cigars or pipe smoking? I'm an autistic ugly fuck who's the butt of everyone's joke but I feel zen for the hour or so I'm enjoying a cigar or my pipe.

Attached: 1562730938919m.jpg (955x1024, 116K)

My depression presents as an emptiness. A hollow feeling in the soul. Nothing from the outside touches me. Then I isolate, because what's the difference? I envy those that say they're sad because at least that's feeling something. How I escape? I don't. Let it swallow me whole for whatever time it wants. Hopefully one day the spark returns.

Good on you, OP, for taking everyone's advice on board and being so positive--that alone tells me that you have a fighting chance of getting through this. Best of luck to you.

I focus almost entirely on the present

I smoke cigarettes, I know it's a different feeling than cigars or pipes. What cigars would you recommend? I've only tried those cheap 99 cent ones.

It's not comfy having your face split in two after it's sent through the a-pillar, or your arms and legs crushed back and broken with branches piercing through your mouth alive but stuck to survive (msybe) in whatever position you're in until some unluckly fucker finds you

Thank you for the positive words user. I hope we can all get to better times.

fucking this you do not have to go to the gym, at first. push-ups, sit-ups, squats, jumping jacks are good starters and really all you need but the main idea is that psysical fitness and mental fitness go hand in hand and chances are that you will need that mental fitness for the foreseeable future. It might make you more depressed if your muscles get weak at first, though, so watch out.
t. clinically depressed

This, but I run instead of gym or doing other exercises
Makes me feel much better when I'm about to have a breakdown

Honestly follow this, fix the parts in your life and aspects of yourself you're least happy with and life tends to work out from there. The hardest part is pushing yourself to do this and not quit this but when you do life gets much better

I recommend getting a sampler online along with a cheap humidor to find out what suits you and develop a palate for cigars along the way. I recommend acid blondies, they soak the tobbaco in botanical oils and shit making them very sweet and tasty but you wont really notice until you get that palate developed.

Attached: 1562415374791.jpg (1012x678, 589K)