Simply put, there are too many people in the world and the number just keeps on growing...

Simply put, there are too many people in the world and the number just keeps on growing, where's the next extinction level event humanity has been long due?

Attached: arthurfist.png (1310x873, 640K)

Redpilled.

We need a reset and I would gladly give my life for that.

Do the world a favor and kys yourself

There aren't too many people. There are too many chinese and indians.

And you dont consider them people? Who do you think makes your shit? Your phone? Chinese child slave labor. Your welcome.

Yes, it's coming. Look up Deep Adaptation paper and Sid Smith youtube channel.

>And you dont consider them people?
Why would I when they themselves don't?
>Who do you think makes your shit? Your phone? Chinese child slave labor.
And they end up offing themselves after a while. The silver tsunami is coming anyways, so many old people will die fairly soon.

Anyone who thinks this is a joke or disagrees is a complete braindead faggot.

There are so many stupid people alone right now existing for no reason but to be alive. Then we create dumb shit like religion to give these people an excuse. It's cultish.

We ARE the next extinction as we eliminate tons of species and eventually ourselves throughout time, everyone that says we need to commit mass genocide wouldn't Factor in themselves or loved ones in the equation.

Youre the brain dead faggot though. Overpopulation is a meme. We have a lot of waste that can support many billions more, and we barely cover any habitable land.

Lonely people are a product of an easy boring life. People are naturally social because that was a survival mechanism for thousands of years. Now you can just survive at home alone. Make your life harder and loneliness will go away in a week.

it's happening right now. parts of the middle east, africa, india and china will soon be uninhabitable due to climate change. the west decides if these displaced people drag them down as well, and right now, it seems that they'll just let them in.
we're also running out of phosphor, but that's a different matter.

Peak oil, gas, coal. Corrosion of farmable land.

Improving energy efficiency, farming methods, and new sources of oil, gas, coal, nuclear

>what is innovation
Are you aware of mankind's history?

>new sources
Where? On the moon?
Improvement does not solve fundamental issues.
Nuclear will prolong this for some time but we will choke on the lack of rare earths to store the energy with batteries.

Yes, Rome fell.

Yea we can support more people.
No overpopulation isn't a meme. The current level of comfort, increasing comfort, decreasing importance of manual labor, disease, cramped areas, and much more. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. And that's before factoring in non-renewable resources. And the more people you have, the more things have to be constrained and secured so adventure is pretty much a meme unless you're hoping for a cyberpunk drama dystopia. The first thing to go are recreation spaces and woodlands if we have to expand yet again

>where
Doomer pls. The fundamental issue is that politics controls how fast we recover these sources of energy, not that we are anywhere near depleting them. We will long be dead when a little more creativity is needed.

Earth's carrying capacity is around 9 - 10 billion. So, we do have a bit of time left before there's an actual problem on our hands.

Politics control environment. Ok boomer. Empty confidence in sustainability of the system.

This is dumb. In modern societies you generally have a period of urban living followed by sprawl. Even China is mostly empty, you only see cramped spaces because the benefit of living close outweighs the cost of space and freedom. Only like 4 or 5 cities exist in the world where people just dont have anywhere to move because of geography. Economy goes down a little bit anywhere else, and people start building out.

So if we have no more than 9-10 bil then nothing can go wrong? Smh brainlets

Im confident though. Indonesia could disappear and nobody would notice, and that is worst case. The world is big and resilient.

Rome is not all of mankind over all of time. To me it looks like we have a higher living standard than romans around year 0

Yes now rome is more globalized, everything is dependent on each other. With higher living standards most will meet worse ends.

People adjust fast though.

This is just hope

Way to miss the point. Humanity is diverse and certain strains are much more numerous to the point of being many times over the number of other strains. They are the ones who are too many and should lower their numbers, not humanity in general.
Why do you always assume racism? Are you a closeted racist?

Not unlike the lame hope for doomer shit that has been around for millennia and is always followed by much longer periods of progress

Nobody who says that overpopulation is a problem never considers helpjng solve it by killing themselves. What they really mean is "other people should die so there's more room and resources for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Yep. Same paradox with the meme determinists and antinatalists. They just want attention most of the time

Good point. So to be fair we should just eliminate everybody under 1 standard deviation above 100 iq.

It's pure egotism is what it is. "MY planet! MY resources! MINE! MINE! MIIIIIINE!"

This would kill autists :O

How about we look for a solution that doesn't involve wiping out part of the population? How are you gonna decide who lives and who dies without some asshole hijacking the selection process for their own genocidal agenda? Because the average person wouldn't want that kind of power, and the kind of person who does is probably batshit insane.

THIS. I brought up overpopulation in my biology class and my professor shut me down. Fuck sake.

Attached: Screenshot_20190710-181547_Chrome.jpg (1440x1657, 973K)

Think ahead a little more instead of going full offense. Disease has noticeably been on the rise especially in cities, human carriers are some of the worst offenders of health despite hygiene being at all time highs. Yes you have lots of open space but those spaces are also used for food, wildlife generation and comfort generation, using that space means you lower all those other things because some things simply don't work by "just build upwards /underground" yet. At the same time your inherent value is dropping unless your iq is above 110 and you understand tech because robots, bots and AI will take all the easy jobs, lowering the need for human labor. Its not about if we can, because we could all live like Africans in some sense to conserve space, its about not turning this into a massive behavioural sink because the problem isn't mathematical, but social and economical. Just the housing price booms should be enough of an indication of the shit that could go down unnecessarily. We just don't need that many people.

>brainlet says something dumb
>gets owned
What's wrong with that?

What the fuck is your timeframe if you think disease is on the rise?
Lol. You mention myopia and then proceed to talk about small time shit like bots and housing market cycles. It takes a fundamental misunderstanding of AI to think it can remove more jobs than it would create. Not that any of that shit means we have a population problem. I literally said that an economic dip makes people spread out and we are a tiny tiny tiny percent of covering all the good land.

I'm not talking about major diseases, but have you not noticed people in larger populations getting ill more frequently than their rural counterparts?
Also, misunderstanding? We both never experienced a revolution through AI, we as a species massively underestimated the effects of the industrial revolution and the internet, yet now you believe you are intelligent enough to outperform the largest thinkers yet staying here on an image board? With such a galaxy brain you could easily get multiple noble prices. You are also talking about cycles yet completely forget that economic trend lines have always emphasized growth. In the meantime you have given zero reason why we need more people on this planet, yet most highly educated and intelligent people have always chosen to be very selective for the most. Have you even seen behavioral sink experiments or read them at all?

overpopulation is a meme, the number of children in the world has already peaked.

You are rambling. Just so you know. Doomer stuff is not supported by the evidence. Some enviro projections are scary but only for a handful of cities and in 100+ years and they can rebuild quickly

>nothing lasts forever
>humanity will inevitably end someday
This is comforting for me. Humanity is just a minuscule dot in the universe, and someday we'll all be forgotten. I can only hope there are more advanced and prosperous civilizations out there.

Attached: astralpepe.jpg (1024x1448, 133K)

The spawn of humanity might last to the very end of the universe though.