How does someone get off videogame addiction?

How does someone get off videogame addiction?

Attached: 736B616FDDCE4D83BAC43BA1B2F04620.jpg (724x433, 97K)

be really poor and have scruples about piracy

play them daily for years on end until you're unable to enjoy them

take up another hobby

Pack up your stuff and put it in a box.

didn't see it comming

Attached: 556f6d2da5027396b661994e2736a1e5387d3b309edad9e66b3b86ee8a9e8408.jpg (283x420, 18K)

Oi big man fook did u say abut mee ma? I'll fookin bomb Ur nan cuz

By having nothing to play. Like what's coming out worth to buy? Cyberpunk in about a year? Skyrim 2 in about two years? Arma 4 in next 5 years? Eternal in half a year?
There is fuck all to play.

by killing yourself in an original manner

penis face

faqefuck

Why don't you play some older games? Surely there's games that you missed. I've got a backlog 1000+ games long that I'll never get through. I don't get why people only want to play the newest shit for $60 a pop.

Throw away all video game consoles and if using computer. Guess you gotta toss the computer man.

That's not a real addiction. You don't go through withdrawals. That's just you having no self control. Just like it would be if you ate too many sweets, or played the guitar too much.

Be a poorfag so you can't afford them

play so much you get tired of a game and just go outside

god one nigger

what should i do once outside

Immunity dog already covers this you fag

>*blocks thy path*

Attached: image.jpg (900x675, 766K)

cold turkey famalamadingdong

fug!
oriiiginiiiginial

Get a job, unironically. I'm so tired bros I hardly play anymore...

This is so fucking stupid, and you probably got it from Joe Rogan. There's a difference between substance addictions and behavioural addictions. Both exist and both ruin lives.

Attached: 1549434476822.jpg (564x1086, 86K)

Hahaha imma choke you 'till you die

You absolute fool

Attached: danger dog.png (500x440, 197K)

How do you even get addicted to them in the first place if they suck?

I don't even listen to Joe Rogan, nice strawman though. I'm fine with people calling something a behavioral addiction. It's a real thing after all. To lump it in with someone who can't get off heroin or meth is retarded though. A behavioral addiction is all willpower all the way through. A substance addiction is much, much more. It just seems like people are calling things that they don't like, "an addiction". Anyone who met Jimi Hendrix before he became famous would've said that he was "addicted to the guitar". Like, he was severely depressed without it when he was in the army. Basically, anything unproductive that someone does a lot is an "addiction", but the second it makes money, it's fine. Shit's ridiculous. Fucking /blog, I guess.

just don't play and pick up other hobbies instead.

Imagine still be addicted to videogames in 2019, there aren't even any games worth playing.

>playing new video games

lmaoing @ your life.

>playing dead games

???

user I-

just get burnout and depression user. it's never been easier.

Attached: 1555736660444.jpg (301x251, 25K)

Games don't die. They don't change at all. Unless your talking about multiplayer games, in which case, still lmaoing @ your life. For the last couple years I've been catching up on all the classics that I missed.

>playing non multiplayer

???

i am replying you cruel man

>playing multiplayer

The only decent multiplayer game I've played in 10+ years is SC2. Single player games are the shit.

By going to sleep at the right time

just like any other addiction user, you slowly de-escalate the amount of time you spend on the game

Exactly, hence, why the fuck is video gaming even a thing anymore? The only 3 game genres that should exist are arena shooters, rts/moba (i group them together, fuck off), and fighting games

What's wrong with single player? Can't enjoy something without it being a group activity?

fuck you bitch its going to be a good night

Fuck you op fuck you fuck you fuck you

>To lump it in with someone who can't get off heroin or meth is retarded though.
No one said that video game addiction was the same as heroin or meth addiction, apart from that they are both real addictions.
>A behavioral addiction is all willpower all the way through.
Not if you've taught your brain through repetitive behaviour that you need to rely on video games to numb your depression or anxiety.
>Anyone who met Jimi Hendrix before he became famous would've said that he was "addicted to the guitar".
It's an addiction if you've recognised that it's an issue, it makes your life worse by continuing to do it and yet you still continue to do. You are correct, Jimi Hendrix was not addicted. This still doesn't mean video games can't be a real addiction.

Good and real advice. Being bored of every game, not having new ones and realizing that the ones you currently play give more frustration than fun will make you drop vidya addiction eventually. I'm at this point myself, and now have to muster the willpower to do anything productive that is not wageslaving or a hobby that costs a fortune..

saged retarddjdjrifohjrjekdkfkdkr

vh bnjghjghyujghujk

Attached: sample_de69f996abd2de540de1cc369dd4030c.jpg (850x616, 276K)

i had a pretty bad vidya addiction as a kid. i pretty much did nothing other than go to school and then come home and play vidyas until i couldnt keep my eyes open, i did that until i was like 22ish. by that point i was just totally burned out on games and i barely even play more than 2 single player games a year now.

Fick

Get a sketchbook, some pencils , erasers, and a pencil sharpener (unless the pencils you bought are mechanical pencils). Start drawing/sketching in the sketchbook.
Also, start drinking tea and getting up early when the house is silent.
Optional: Read books (if you do read, read MORE books) and stop talking and only speak when spoken to AND when you have something interesting/important to say.

le chain post immunity

has arrived

i hate my life but im to lazy to change any of it

Whew oregano oiliano

REPLY REPLY TO POST REPLY REPLY TO POST

lmao fuck you, you got me

terrible bait op 10/10 still worked

fgt op sucks my digi dick

Live on a farm doing farm work with only wired slow internet, communal computers, and no games for a year.

Preferably Gould Farm

Say "video games are gay" to yourself every time you want to play.

Only play really shit games. Delete/destroy all good ones but allow yourself to only play really shit ones

Haha okay good one

By getting a job you fuckin dweeb

>Can't enjoy something without it being a group activity?
If I had to take a guess his reason is he probably cannot enjoy playing video games alone, because he needs to be competitive towards other players, which is why he chooses multiplayer. In other words, it is what gives him the drive to even play them and without it video games become pointless to him again.

CSGO is deadly eadly eadly

damn
or6yhyigi

Looooooooolblox blox blox

I read that last part. What the fuck do you want me to say on your shitty ass thread? I hate Jow Forums's post length filter

anothe rhobbb

Realize they fucking suck

why would want to?

You're suchj a fucking niggerfaggot holy shit

Son of a bitch orignigerlolinio

Attached: 1562827969020.png (396x385, 119K)

Kingdom come deliverance, unless you've played it already

either keep playing until it makes you a soulless husk and instead of enjoying gameplay itself you will only enjoy 'milestones' new unlocks, new content drop, getting to next level, finishing campaing etc. which will feel more like a chore and satisfaction from it will be much smaller and forgettable
after all fun is gone and playing feels more like an annoying obligation than anything else there is a chance you will drop it

or ask yourself why you keep playing
if you are of strong character (which I doubt given the place we are in) it shouldnt be difficult to move on to more important activities

Attached: 1537050700313.jpg (867x881, 262K)

I just deleted anything one day and never came back, gone from at least 6 hours a day to not at all.
About 7000 hours wasted, since then my life has gone in a more positive direction

Have some responsibilities and goals then it will pretty much fade off after a while.
I was playing everyday since the age of 4 but I uninstalled all if my games last week on a whim. I was tired of them and I always wanted to something creative but games always took all of my free time and I had enough. They were not fun anymore but chores. Now I have time to improve my art, clean up my apartment and cook food and hit the gym.

Fucking cunt I didn't wanna reply

By not gaming obviously

Attached: 1557249251160.jpg (587x1024, 88K)

>after all fun is gone and playing feels more like an annoying obligation

So, I'm stupid enough to fall for the online games "daily quests" shit.
Better log into game X, play a few rounds and collect the tittysprinkles currency.
If I don't, its like throwing away free money.

Money that only works in that game to buy character skins, gun colors, or card packs and shit.

Those games have all become empty chores with rewards I don't even want.
I'm wasting my life AND not having a good time doing it.
Slowly quitting one them one by one though.

For a while there I was doing a six-hour daily block of online games to finish my quests and collect those gold coins/green gems/purple triangles/loot boxes.
What a stupid, empty life.

Attached: wrthlssprnkls81.jpg (783x623, 123K)

How do you respond to hack accusations?
>start playing this old generic dudebro fps again
>feelsgood.jpg
>people send me rude messages or t bag me regularly because i can kill them but they cant kill me