I can't cure my depression and mental illne-

I can't cure my depression and mental illne-

Attached: 15.05._Running-A-Marathon-2-1.jpg (800x534, 64K)

ss.

Looks like you dropped these.

I run and lift weights all the time and I'm still horribly depressed. Exercise is fine if you want to be physically healthy but it's not a cure for sadness.

It helps a lot and every robot should do some sport, but it's wrong to claim that it can actually cure anything beyond mild depression.

Attached: 1.png (600x600, 88K)

This, i failed for the get Jow Forums meme, after actually losing my fat and getting shredded the sadness is still there, confidence didn't impro much, though people's attitudes towards me has improved so it's not all bad i guess.

Attached: 1561394340326.jpg (2048x1726, 135K)

You guys forgot a crucial step in the Jow Forums process, where you stop being a whiny little bitch about everything

>Running from your problems
Thanks, Chad

One of my main hobbies now is grooming and making trails. It's the exercise of hiking plus swinging around axes and machetes all day. I also go swimming in the lake where I maintain the trails.
Since I don't take supplements or do any of that other unrealistic body standard stuff I'm no superchad but I'm not in bad shape by any means. It's made no difference whatsoever and I still fully intend on killing myself at 30 if I get to that point with nobody having ever loved me.

well aspergers is literally incurable so thanks i guess
but i admit that exercise is amazing when fighting depression but fuck cardio you should lift instead

If your "depression" can be cured by jogging it was a shitty self diagnosis.
>running on concrete
Enjoy your ankles while they last

I do a lot of running in the sun and lift. How is it supposed to help with depression? I do it for physical fitness am I missing some benefits here?

Tried ot
didn't work

Jesus Christ. Suicide? Why not just live in spite of someone not loving you, and love yourself. I literally never post on this clusterfuck board, but idk this hurt.

pretty much. i was never prime fit but i lost around 100lbs and got decently toned for a while and it did wonders for my self confidence because it made me learn to love myself. the effort and hardship that i overcame while working out as well as the sense of progress as i watched myself slim down and my numbers go up made me feel happy for the first time in ages. this is all my own personal preference but i understand why the first bit of advice to becoming happy or changing your life around is working out. it CAN be a chance to turn things around but you really have to change your mental along the way

wait where you going dude, come back and finish what you were going to say

Bullshit. It's just a distraction. You might feel OK while you're exercising but everything goes back to shit afterwards.

Running does help (even going on walks) me some. I run 3-4 times a week and feel better for a few hours after. Download C25K and start there. It starts out with 60 second jogs.

I feel like shit when I am running. I feel better usually for the rest of the day when I get done.

My parents forced me to do long distance running in high school. I hated it. It was like torture. I begged them to let me go to the gym instead but they said no i have to do a team sport, or i am grounded no computer or anything.

I hated them for it and i hated running. It also made me feel shitty. I lift weights now and i don't enjoy it, it doesn't make me happy when i do it. But the results make it worthwhile.

Long distance running made me skinny weak and pathetic. I don't recommend it at all

I wish i could enjoy exercising but it just is so irritating, for some reason it puts me in a bad mood every time

Doesn't matter how fit you are or how much you exercise, it won't fix your fucked up brain.

Tons of olympic athletes and YouTube fitness personalities have killed themselves due to depression.

running makes my head hurt user

stop running into walls user

It isn't a panacea for all of your problems but it makes life a little bit better. I'm not depressed but when you are doing some 5km run and someone on a car/bike horn cheering you on, you can't help but get a little happy.

It's not for everyone, specially not for the people who are straight up fucked in the head, but it can help you a bit. I say this thinking specially on running because you have to focus on yourself. It's not a competition, it's just you and you, and I think comparing yourself to others can lead to neuroticism which can lead to bigger problems.

Attached: 1562895241827.jpg (1446x2048, 213K)

I just don't even care about fitness. I gave a shit for like a week two years ago, but why even bother?
I've never been good at sports. Even back in elementary school, I couldn't run for too long. I was never able to throw a ball, or catch one.
No amount of sporting will make me taller, it won't make my jaw less recessed, it won't make my eyes straight, it won't make my feet less flat. So why should I do it, I ask you? I don't give a flying fuck about my body. No one but me or a doctor will ever see it.
Food makes me feel better than any sport ever could. Get fucked, Jow Forumslets. Now I have some Coke to chug.

Attached: 1500004751165.png (298x260, 62K)

Look mate I know everyone has their limits and some people are naturally better at certain things than others, but you might be surprised by your potential. Back when I started exercising I couldn't even do 5 push-ups. I had spaghetti arms. Now I can do 100+ no problem. You can improve, you can grow.

Maybe this will help you think like I did. You are a loser. You lost in life. You gave up. You are at the bottom of the barrel, there is nowhere down to go. So you might as well try going up, try improving yourself, because you know things can't get any worse. And if you fail, it's not like you weren't at the bottom of the barrel already. If you already lost, then you have nothing to lose, so you might as well try it.

Attached: 1560595984929.jpg (517x480, 35K)

No. Why climb a ladder when you know you'll fall off again. My video games and food bring me more pleasure than any weight ever will.

>tfw I was in cross country and track in high school running 7 miles a day
it was my lowest point. Fuck off Jow Forums
based ice tea btfos another incel.

I will say that the high you get from running is pretty great, and it's a mistake to never experience what it's like to be in truly good shape though

>I will say that the high you get from running is pretty great
I did cross country and track in high school

Never got a "runners high"
Fucking hated it desu

What is wrong with me? Seriously. I WANT TO ENJOY EXERCISING

supposedly the fact that I dissociate very easily from problems in my past means that it is far easier for me. It happened almost every time I ran lmao.

Because working out makes you feel better. You feel great when you finish a routine or complete a run, and when you go home to play games, you'll be alot more calmer and more relaxed. Even my sleep is alot better ever since I started exercising.

You say you don't want to fail anymore. Guess what, you are a living failure. You don't get any worse than that. So you might as well try to improve. Make a genuine efford, and if things don't change, then at least you can say you gave your best shot.

Attached: 1562508755973.png (1164x1670, 1.24M)

Yeah, running...

Go running and see all other people with their girlfriends, friends or family and you all alone running to fool yourself about that you are doing something that takes effort and to fix your brain... When you know your brain can't be fixed and you are only fooling yourself and deep down you know it doesn't make any sense anymore if you go for a run or no.

It doesn't help fucking anything.
I used to be in a footie team, competed in athletics, competed in trampolining, skateboarded for multiple years...
Still wanted to fucking kill myself.
Exercise will not solve your fucking problems.

>it's another working out makes you magically happy poster
I did indoor biking for two hours a day for a month and I never came away feeling great, just feeling sore asscheeks and tired legs. At the end I had lost five pounds and my legs were as flabby as ever.
I tried to do pushups too but I couldn't do them right, even though I did videos. Pulling myself up wasn't the issue, but I just couldn't actually pull myself down. My arms wouldn't let me touch the ground, they wouldn't bend the proper way. I must be retarded.
Either way, I tried and it did nothing. If I needed to do more, then it was too much, and I have lost interest by now anyway. Just let me drink my Ginger Ale in peace.

Attached: 39995563.jpg (258x195, 10K)

nah, unless he's a nazi

If you want to give up, then do it, I don't mind. It's just that life can be a little bit better if you exercise regularly. I'm not lying when I say that exercise has made me happy and healthy and has improved my life tremendously. I seriously think more people should go for a run every weekend.

I know, different people have different mindsets. Some guys want to work out for women, others health. Some can take exercising for months without any results, others want something more tangible in a week or so. I know it isn't for everyone, but for the people who it is, it's great. I want people to be happy, not using games and food to mask their sadness.

Attached: Senko-san.jpg (1200x675, 59K)

Or maybe you're just a stupid faggot who likes to move goalposts.

I just run my neighborhood around dusk and only see a few people. I just look forward and ignore them.

Been doing Couch 2 5K and on week 6. Did some weeks over but all in all it does help a little. It won't cure anything but does give a little relief.

This is literally true, getting a gf didn't make me any happier but getting Jow Forums improved my mental (and physical) health substantially.

Attached: IMG_0996.jpg (480x728, 84K)

-ss no matter how much jogging and lifting I do.

Attached: ImaginaryGrimyGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif (500x288, 979K)

but you're in the same spot though. You haven't actually improved yourself you've just excited some chemicals in your brain.

>got fit
>worked hard and achieved a goal
>became happier as a result of his labor

Why are you trying to discredit his achievement? Are you ok?

Kek. You're right, but I don't give a damn. I want my depression and my problems. I am not ready to get ride of it.

The pleasure I do get from the things I love isn't worth the shit I have to go through to stay alive. I definitely don't love myself, but I have a lot of love for other things to the point where I can't get it all out and it feels like it's overflowing. It hurts a lot. I feel like the only way to resolve it is to dump it into other humans who love me as much as I love them but I don't have anyone like that.
Pic is some frog eggs I cried over. Nature doesn't care that I'm even looking at it. They went through a beautiful metamorphosis into an adult frog which is one of my favorite life forms but while I love them they're scared of me. I'm really fucking drunk.

Attached: frog eggs.jpg (4160x3120, 1.48M)

No. Starting Strength is a terrible routine. As OP said, jogging is better. No. Just no.

Attached: 1509161798626.png (800x600, 9K)

Prostate massage will cure depression.

Attached: 7FB463FD-AC52-4EA2-98FE-0607F043E610.jpg (4032x3024, 514K)

Jesus fuck I run like a motherfucker and lift and climb and surf and do all kinds of sheenanigans, sure it feels better after doing something excercising, but at the end of the day I am back to accepting the fact that I am a social reject while druggies slobs without jobs get accepted into social circles.