Stoic

is being stoic a meme? am i wrong for wanting to be stoic?

Attached: 1512782090781.jpg (534x640, 35K)

It doesn't work, just try drugs

It does work, as long you have enough will power.
If you are a person that get addicted easy, it's not for you.

Acting stoic seems to get girls to at least talk to me, meanwhile showing feeling gets them to ignore me
It's good to have an outlet though which is a big reason I come here to begin with

what if i have a lot of will power but also an addictive personality

Imagine living your life according to a bunch of facebook status tier quotes

that's how im feeling. i feel like it's cool to be stoic, but i also dont want to be an emotional mute my whole life. at the same time when im really emotionally honest i feel like a bitch.

>what if I have a lot of strength but also an problem with lifting things
Then you have very little willpower and is lying to yourself.

Only works if you're above 40 and interesting in at least some way

Yeah being a guy sucks, we just have to suck it up and be stoic though. Sorry OP. Just use this place to vent like I do

Being stoic is about taking the damage like an grow up, no being quiet to get pussy.

I didnt say being I said acting. I chose my words purposely

I think the word you're looking for is 'aloof'

yeah sadly I think you're right. does this logic make sense anons?

>I want mutual love w/ a beautiful woman
>beautiful women are attracted to alpha men
>alpha men are stoic
>so I should be stoic

does this make sense? are alpha men stoic? if they aren't, what are they (in terms of personality, everyone knows alpha men look like chad)

Why are you being so aggressive, I just posted a summary agreeing with you?

Attached: 1561511988380.jpg (512x512, 63K)

It's not
More or less, yeah. You have to keep it up though, I've seen alpha men dumped once they show too many feelings and insecurities
How am I being aggressive? I was pointing out my actions and specifying what I meant

Uh... sure alpha men can be stoic but being stoic doesn't make you an alpha man. You gotta have all the other requisites for that. And to me, the personality traits of an alpha male are charisma, friendliness, just being someone people want at parties and to hang out with.
Being stoic is good but don't get that confused with not sticking up for yourself. Act like a pussy and no one will respect you.

>its not
Yes it is. You're confusing stoicism with that distant type of edginess you see in popular media.

This, someone that is stoic can be all those things, it isnt just being quiet or taking shit. You just take action rather than complaining about it
I'm not distant or edgy in my actions. You're assuming a lot about me user, I'm not sure why

being a stoic doesn't mean anything if you aren't 'powerful' in some way. you just come off as a moron.

yeah the problem is once you've locked in you are basically living a lie, and once you slip up once it's over.

hmm i don't think i could ever be the life of the party guy, but that said i have seen alphas who aren't that.

Yep, kinda sucks, the dream though is to find a girl that wont leave you for showing too many feelings
Also, being the life of the party isnt necessary, like you said. But that isnt what that poster said either, they said someone you want at parties. When I had friends, they always wanted me to come to parties even though I didnt talk much at them. You just know people and they like you enough that they want you there. You participate cause you know some of the people there, and can converse with them

so what is an alpha's personality then? there has to be some similarities between them right? or at least a few common archetypes?

>You're assuming a lot about me user, I'm not sure why
Just basing it off what I'm ready here. Nothing wrong with being aloof. I know its a silly sounding word but it similar in meaning to stoic.

Believe it or not my dude real people don't fall into 'archetypes.' I've seen many people I'd consider 'alpha' that have a wide range of personalities, from vice president of the high school who is obsessed with pokemon and gaming to tall chads on the football team. It's all about how you handle yourself. Confidence, charisma, friendliness. If you're worried about girls dumping you for showing feelings then you are chasing the wrong girls.

Aloof is distant though, I'm still friendly I just outwardly shrug off stuff that bothers me

yet you just accepted that there's a 'chad' archetype defined by confidence, charisma, and friendliness. that's what im looking for, personality traits that ppl think define alpha men.

Confidence, charisma and friendliness isn't really a personality archetypes. Did you really need some asshole on Jow Forums to tell you that friendly people tend to be more popular?

hmm maybe it's being self-assured. like a subtle self confidence?