If someone is autistic, is is safe to assume that they are also Sociopathic?

If someone is autistic, is is safe to assume that they are also Sociopathic?

Sociopathic behaviour sounds almost identical to autism, actually. I remember this one autistic kid at school that laughed at a boy who broke her wrist during recess because he thought the expression he made was "funny".

Attached: 1549608317657.jpg (900x900, 57K)

Sociopathic behavior is also known as Anti-Social Personality Disorder. But this Anit-Social is WAY different from autistic anti-social. The sociopath has almost complete nullification of emotions like guilt, sadness, sympathy and empathy. However, autistics DO feel all these emotions. An autistic kid would laugh at someone injured if they were injured in a funny manner, yes. But a sociopath would not laugh or find anything funny.

No you retard. Autism is a disability which impacts your ability to read social signals. Without the ability to read social signals you cannot know when somebody is upset or when you are upsetting them. Ergo people will interpret you as being unempathetic. The autist will vary in how empathetic they are... but the softies usually are in a permanent state of guilt since they cannot stop hurting others. Autists are taking in too much information all the time and that causes them to miss out on a lot of subtle social signals and generally puts them on edge.

Being a sociopath is very different. Sociopaths just don't care about you. They usually do know the social rules. They just use them to manipluate you and put theirselves ahead.

Autists tend to not get in trouble with the law. Sociopaths tend to end up in jail. Autists tend to work by theirselves in STEM roles. Sociopaths are keen on management and sales. Autists are noted for honesty. Sociopaths are noted for dishonesty.

Honestly normals are more cruel than autists will ever be because instead of being a dick to your face they will stick a knife right in your back in ways an autist never will.

P.S. Autists do tend to have one moral difference between most people. They tend to see not telling the truth about how you're feeling as lying. Normal people will instinctively analyze how somebody else is feeling and how they will look before they say things. Autists will just say what's on their mind no filter. If you think of things from the autists point of view they CAN'T read subtle communication so honest/blunt/open communication is the only way they can get by. This makes autists objectively more honest but it also makes them dicks.

>Autism is a disability which impacts your ability to read social signals.
That's (mostly) a common misconception.

Autistic spectrum (particularly the high functioning versions we're talking about) are characteristic disorders which handicaps their ability to communicate with others (reading social signals being among them). Sometimes the disorder is mild, but the person remains mostly functional. Other times, it can severe enough to become a disability.

Did you just say that saying that autists couldn't read social signals was a misconception and then said that autists ability to read social signals was handicapped the very next sentence? What are you on?

The difference is that sociopaths only know how to imitate emotions.
they feel nothing in actuality.

Bump
I would like to know more about the disorder

No. I'm sure there's some overlap, but probably on orders of magnitude less than one would assume. We're not monsters.

> laughed at a boy who broke her wrist
hey

no? sociopaths are just people who dont give a shit and would do horrible things if could get away with it.

Autists have a stunted sense of humour. They're basically limited to slapstick.

They feel empathy and amusement. The empathy is restricted solely to people going to similar rough spots and provided they have no conflict of interest with the sociopath.

That's not how it works.
it's an illness, have you ever wondered why sociopathic people seek treatment? that's because they want the disorder out of their life.

no i haven't because i've never heard of a sociopathic person seeking treatment for being sociopathic.

I know that they have some sort of empathy but it's usually stems from a source like technology, environment and/or life experience.

Do you know anyone that has been diagnosed as one? just curious

*have
sorry about that.

They don't feel, they learn.

i think i know a couple people who got diagnosed with aspd, but they were all kinds of fucked up.

What were they like?
Do you think that it stems from childhood trauma or something else?

i have no idea why they were the way that they were.
both took a lot of drugs.
one
>was a neet
>lived with parents
>REEEd at them
>legend has it he killed a horse

two
>was aspiring to be an academic
>good grades
>started stealing stuff for fun
>got addicted to drugs
>tried to get someone addicted to heroin for fun
>cunt in general to talk to

accidentally addressed to myself

Thanks for the info, that was very helpful as it confirmed my suspiscions.
Still... im not diagnosed as one but your list checks almost everything for me.

im

Sociopaths do feel guilt and some level empathy for others.
You're thinking of a psychopath.