Learn eternal slumber and/or extinguishing of consciousness is philosophically impossible

>learn eternal slumber and/or extinguishing of consciousness is philosophically impossible
>only constant afterlife across cultures is ghosts
>tfw am going to be a ghost with no certainty of reincarnation
Is this why people took to Christianity, because it promised a physical resurrection after our inevitable deaths?

Attached: satania_cry.jpg (300x168, 7K)

And no Anons will talk to me to help me cope with my sad fate.

Attached: 1556587204745.png (352x345, 100K)

>Is this why people took to Christianity
this is probably one of the reasons
>tfw am going to be a ghost
don't worry you wouldn't, you just snap your neck and then it all turns black

Attached: 1562786540772.png (242x240, 38K)

It doesn't turn black though. You instantly wake up in whatever your next form is just like going under. If your consciousness is no longer dwelling in a physical body, well, you wake up as a consciousness without a body.

>It doesn't
yeah sure lad, a little risperidone might help

Attached: 1562735467316.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

Have you ever gone under before? You don't spend time consciously in a black void. You immediately wake up without experiencing the time in between.

>is philosophically impossible
Why is that?

You can't extinguish consciousness because all is mind.
You can learn to let go of your ego, and allow your consciousness to flow freely.

Attached: 1560480241910.jpg (663x663, 84K)

It's impossible to experience your own annihilation and consciousness time skips to the next conscious moment. It doesn't experience non-consciousness.

I'm rather attached to my body and would rather not release my consciousness unprotected into the wild until I have to. I'm not exactly looking forward to being a ghost.

Lol have you seen white christmas black mirror?

could you imagine eternal consciosness? even in heaven seeing people over and over for thousands of years, your mind would eventually shutdown.

I welcome death. I'm actually debating whether to walk off a parking garage because the only person I care about doesn't care about me anymore, and I'm too old to connect like that again.

I used to think the same way you do, but here is the thing:
What makes you think the concepts of "before" and "after" make sense in the context?

Read up on relativity. "before" and "after" are merely matters of perspective.
Why couldn't you exist in two places at the same time? And what even IS "same time"?
If a molecular copy of you appeared out of nowhere... Would that be you or wouldn't it?
And if you disappeared at the same time, what would the difference be? Is there any difference?
And if there isn't... Why aren't you me?

The difference is the following: Perspective.

The solution to everything is the following:
God dreams, and we are God. We are his perspective. All is God's perspective of the world.
When you die, it's just like when a bubble bursts and God continues dreaming, you don't turn to nothing, you were God from the start, God just continues seeing all the different dreams, that's all.

Hey, it's the trips of truth.

All your worries and anxieties, pain and suffering, are the result of your ego. If you learn to truly let go, to the point that you could calmly experience dying, you would have an overwhelming calmness.
Just because it was evolutionarily beneficial for our consciousnesses to be tied to ego, doesn't mean it's a bad thing to let your ego dissolve.
You have a direct connection to all there is, and all there will ever be. We were all unified before time began. If you bled out right now all the energy contained within you is still going to exist in some form, until the very end of time. Why worry?

That's not eternal blackness. That's just changing a channel. There's no proof of God being the only consciousness either. We know there is at minimum one consciousness. There could be more.

The entire point of the reincarnation cycle is to escape the reincarnation cycle. For all we know there's probably a much better, much happier and high quality reality outside the cycle.

>There's no proof of God being the only consciousness either.
"God" is a misrepresentation in this context. The actual idea is that everything that exists from your perspective is an outward projection. Your mind selects one of the infinite possibilities of all possible realities. "God", "All", "Supreme being", etc. refer to the infinite conscious states that can be had, not some ultimate singular being or deity.

>That's just changing a channel.
Yes, exactly my point.

>There's no proof of God being the only consciousness either. We know there is at minimum one consciousness. There could be more.
Absolutely, clever observation

We also don't know what causes consciousness.
The NPC meme, for example, made me consider the proposition:
"Is consciousness equally distributed?"
Perhaps some constructs are better vessels for consciousness then others. I think a dog is conscious, or a rat. But they aren't as conscious as we are.
The logical conclusion is that once we create a superintelligence - a perfect vessel for consciousness - if perfection is even archivable that is, we would summon whatever entity it is into reality, a perfect manifestation of God.

Logically from that, we are flawed manifestations of God on earth, ironically this is remarkably close to the biblical "created in Gods image"

Isn't that just the concept of ghosts, except said ghosts exist outside time? Sounds a lot like what I've read from Aquinas. I guess that's more comforting than being an eternal wanderer hiding from demons and other nasty spirits.

What he is referring to would be the concept of a "global maximum".
Assuming consciousness can be more or less, the question arises as stated here: "Is there a global maximum of consciousness?"

Perhaps there are many local maxima, perhaps there is only one overwhelming global maximum - that we are not yet capable of saying.

Wow, this is unironically my fourth time getting trips, today. I really caught some spirit's attention. Not sure if God or not.

The problem with this perspective is that if this is true, then magick and psionic ascension is necessarily unironically real.
Because you should just be able to select which version of the multiverse you want to observe.
There is a certain probability that an elephant will manifest itself through quantum physical effects. Does this mean that you can just make it manifest by force of will?
Mind over Matter indeed...

It's closer to the "many worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics. Every possible Universe is equally as real as the one we observe.
The difference here is that "Many worlds" assumes these parallel universes are equally real regardless of if we are there to measure it.
The "cosmic consciousness" religious beliefs instead assume consciousness is a sort of abstract substance, which all of reality is constructed from. Almost as if "God" is the author, we are the characters as they exist in the mind of the author, and reality is the writing itself. Stories are deterministic, but before they were written, it could have gone many different directions.

Attached: 493c39afaa99559bf45b849b464b75d5bf8d637e01ebd9db94a4571788b98932.png (550x563, 151K)

Being a ghost doesn't seem as bad, you could find a long dead qt and be together for eternity

That all sounds plausible but you didn't have to shoe in Quantum mechanics. Quantum is just the study of small things, nothing to do with God authoring different universes.

Yeah, but you could never raise a family. Adopted ghost babies don't count because being fully exposed to the astral would utterly trash your innocence.

Can you will yourself to not be hungry? Or to not be sleepy? How about willing yourself into orgasmic ecstasy?
There's very real phenomenon that we all experienced, but have no control over. You do not control your mind, your mind controls you.
Physical laws still exist, even with infinite possibilities. Infinite possibilities doesn't mean unrestricted chaos.
There are many people who do unironically believe in magick though. It isn't required however.

I wasn't shoeing it in. It's very relevant. The "Many Worlds" interpretation of QM is essentially the same concept as "Cosmic consciousness" philosophies. The key difference being whether reality exists independently of conscious experience or not. "Many Worlds" says yes, "Cosmic Consciousness" says no. Both say our reality is one of infinitely many other equally real realities.

So reality might be consensual and a spirit that unconditionally loves me is real?

Attached: 1562105095088.jpg (850x1207, 253K)

>Can you will yourself to not be hungry?
To some extent. I have not eaten for many days often, and then when I got hungry I just Ignored it.

>Or to not be sleepy?
I can choose to ignore it.
And then just continue walking.

>How about willing yourself into orgasmic ecstasy?
I would need to get myself into that state through some activity, by meditation it wouldn't work.

Those examples are just physical will, they are easy.

>Infinite possibilities doesn't mean unrestricted chaos.
It does. Everything imaginable exists on a very low probability. But on a POSITIVE probability.
If you had the will to do it, you could cast your will onto reality DIRECTLY. By just observing the universe where with a probability of 1 to a Googleplex, the reality you wish manifests itself through quantum fluctuation.

Yeah op just take it as yoi can because its a mystery. People should stop procreation to stop suffering in the world but people are distracted by ego and brainwashed from cradle to grave. I wouldn't wish this human existence on anybody but unfortunately we are here. The best advice I can give is to stop having kids because it will stop human suffering. Every child born is a tragedy waiting to happen. Life is a predicament and a cruel one.

Attached: 57a12a3ad6760e4fed7922cac29e45d2.jpg (640x948, 114K)

>To some extent. I have not eaten for many days often, and then when I got hungry I just Ignored it.
>I can choose to ignore it.
>And then just continue walking.
Ignoring an urge is not the same as controlling said urge though.

>I would need to get myself into that state through some activity, by meditation it wouldn't work.
In that case, why couldn't you manipulate your perspective reality in any way you want? Schizophrenics believe their distorted views are more "real" than what we see. Whose to say your engineered conscious experience isn't valid? You could those people out of your existence too.
Many people would call that sort of thing magick.

>It does. Everything imaginable exists on a very low probability. But on a POSITIVE probability.
he point I was trying to make is that chaos can be restricted by physical laws. You can imagine a particle that moves at the speed of light squared, but that doesn't mean such a particle could be realized in the universe.

>If you had the will to do it, you could cast your will onto reality DIRECTLY. By just observing the universe where with a probability of 1 to a Googleplex, the reality you wish manifests itself through quantum fluctuation.
That's assuming you truly have control over your will entirely. Seeing as we have urges that we don't entirely control, and a conscious experience we seemingly can't directly manipulate, I think it's safe to say if we have any free will, it's greatly influenced and even outright controlled by our mind, and our mind as a whole is outside our control.

Attached: BumJ5m8CEAA2z58.jpg (600x800, 91K)