Hey anons, I have a simple question for you all. How can somebody who realized that life is meaningless be happy?

Hey anons, I have a simple question for you all. How can somebody who realized that life is meaningless be happy?

Attached: a.jpg (800x732, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
newforestcentre.info/uploads/7/5/7/2/7572906/science_and_the_afterlife_experience-_evidence_for.pdf
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf
infidels.org/kiosk/article/death-and-the-meaning-of-life-55.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything matters in the scope of your life, make the most out of it.

Just because life's meaningless doesn't mean you can't do fun things. Maybe you're just depressed. With a different outlook, maybe the fact that you find life meaningless could help you step outside your comfort zones. Because if something goes wrong, why does it matter.

The only thing that makes me happy is music

>life is meaningless
ur a fuggin primate with a pinch of self-awareness wtf do u kno?

Thank you, I'll try my best but every time it seems that I'm on a good path I start thinking about death and that one day I'll just stop existing without any other outcome and even though I'm still kind of young it fucks me mentally.

That is really good though that I've never really thought about, I'll try to do that tomorrow, thank you

Music makes me kind of relax because I hate silence

I wish I wouldn't be self-aware. On one hand, I wouldn't be able to experience real happiness or other emotions but on the other hand, I wouldn't be thinking about dying one day

Just do what makes you happy i guess
Like idk play vidya or just listen to music

Every human will die someday. That s the only thing that's 100% guaranteed,do try to get something out of this time you have. Summer break just started 3weeks ago and now you have all the time to do random shit. I play lots of vidya and watch anime because I live in the middle of nowhere. I also tried to do some running but I only got to 600m and then almost got an heart attack.

Attached: 250px-Ivan_head.png (250x250, 60K)

Research NDEs and realize that there probably is no death, and that the purpose of life is love. Just because religions are demonstrably silly, it does not mean that materialism is true and that death implies oblivion. There is a tremendous amount of empirical evidence that suggests that our mind or consciousness continues past the point of physical death and that there is an infinitely amazing afterlife awaiting unconditionally around the corner of a ceased heartbeat for everyone.

Easily digestible tier:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU

World-leading research tier:

horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
newforestcentre.info/uploads/7/5/7/2/7572906/science_and_the_afterlife_experience-_evidence_for.pdf
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf

In essence, the purpose of these lives is to learn to be an infinitely loving and kind person despite the fact that the world is demonstrably shitty and it is really hard to develop character here. But the person who is infinitely happy, kind, loving, accepting, and forgiving while they are being tortured, to take the ultimate example, will quite figuratively explode from happiness in heaven. So use your challenges as gifts to develop your character. After all, you had the multiverse as your smorgasbord while you were still in paradise, and yet you chose this life; being this character, in this society, in this world.

Attached: f35e0a38ee0739eb5edec5baf2389220.jpg (853x1024, 116K)

they cant but there is a sense of relief as well, when those around you lose their shit to trivial problems and everything just floats past you

I wish that would make me happy but it doesn't anymore

I mean I have plenty of stuff I like to do, but even if I do it I don't feel as happy as I used to a few years ago, but thank you

That is quite interesting, I'll read and watch things from these link, but I'm a bit skeptical about 'mind or consciousness continues past the point of physical death and that there is an infinitely amazing afterlife awaiting unconditionally around the corner of a ceased heartbeat for everyone' because I believe we as a species are just extremely lucky to have this amazing brains that give us consciousness. Look at dogs, for example, they are creatures that can love, hate, etc. but they don't have consciousness... But thank you for your response

>get something out of this time you have
thats why I squeeze every ounce of pleasure I can get out of life

I guess that is true. Sometimes I don't really care about what some other people say to me which is kind of good

Have you ever enjoyed achievement hunting in a video game? What if you just did something like that but with life?

let the hate seep through you and extend your nonchalance to everything, then youre untouchable because youre dead inside already

Life in general is meaningless but that means you have to make your own meaning. What do you want to do here?

> Life [..] is meaningless but that means
notice your error here

I said in general, as in there is no reason why we are here collectively. So you have to make your own purpose in life. Its meaningless to the universe, not to you. Everything is meaningless on a cosmic scale

life is entirely what your conscious mind and instinct decides it to be. life started as nothing but matter looking for some retarded shit like wanting more energy, none of that matters. everyone is different, I dont know what the fuck to say.

That's kinda my point, everyone is different so everyone has their own meaning and purpose on a personal level. Some want to make art, some want to discover new things. It's up to the individual to find it

You can do almost anything you want, as nothing really matters.

the meaning of life is suffering because that is what there is most of in this place

welcome it in to prevail

Holy shit, that sounds like an interesting way to live, I mean I'll probably write some 'achievements' down, but I'm not sure if they'll be some specific achievements like ask this girl out, etc. but rather something like creating something that I know would make me proud. Thank you for this idea

I always say that but I'm not sure if I say it ironically or if deep inside me I mean it

I said life is meaningless for me when I created the thread, but I believe some people can have their own meanings that are so important to them that they dedicate their lives to them, but I don't really know about any for me yet

Sadly that is true

Well not exactly, I could do anything if I knew that I have nobody that would be disappointed in me. For example, if I would be sexually desperate I could just rape a girl (not saying that I am or that I want to do that), but I'd knew that if somebody who cares about me heard about that then my mental health would fuck up

I somewhat agree with the afterlife person. Haven't read any of that stuff tho, but also not religious

Worst case.. you enjoy your life and then yes there's nothingness after

But best case, there's *anything* after. Just imagine all the possibilities. Whether that be just "tripping" on the fuckload of DMT your brain releases on death forever, or reincarnation, or heaven/hell, or we're all just in a videogame and go to the real world after etc

Personally I'm just trying to minimise boredom/unhappiness (not doing too well I admit) while also appreciating anything I happen to learn about myself in the meantime

The thought that our memories might pass over on death seems.. not too likely. As far as we know memories are stored within the brain which is a physical thing

However, we really don't know much about the part that differentiates each person. Some call it the soul, but whatever it is there's certainly some thing that makes these bodies alive and why people seem to naturally go in certain directions in terms of personality/traits etc

So what if this "soul" has its own progression system? Maybe you can figure out why you're depressed and learn to deal with that better. Maybe you can change certain things about yourself that bother you. And just maybe those things will transfer over

Or maybe not but it's fun to think about and on the offchance that it's true then great

Life meaning is it's meaningless
Do whatever you want, there's no eternal punishment.
Life is nothing
Death is nothing

Attached: 1551460736586m.jpg (1024x545, 85K)

That's what I mean by almost everything. Shit like rape, murder isn't ok, even if it's meaningless in the long run

>I said life is meaningless for me when I created the thread
Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were one of those people that needs a grand cosmic plan or something, I took it as a general meaninglessness
You just have to keep trying new stuff user, you'll find it someday

You are most welcome! :) And it is perfectly OK to be skeptical, it is only a natural reaction ^^ Just take it slow and at your own pace, or not, it is not for everyone I guess :D

Anyway, this article might be of interest for someone with your general mindset:

infidels.org/kiosk/article/death-and-the-meaning-of-life-55.html

Attached: oMqs78z.jpg (2047x1535, 795K)

I guess there is some chance that that is true and I that would just make my life if I knew that there is something after because that is my only fear rn but sadly I don't know that. And I more believe that there is nothing from this experience, when I drank the whole bottle of vodka within like an hour cuz I thought I'd be fine (spoiler, I wasn't kek) and after that I remember I was riding by bus with friends and then we arrived at my friend's home where I remember like 5m and then literally nothing, because there is point where part of your brain that remembers things just shuts off and then I woke 10 later and I remembered nothing, it was like I was reborn and I'm afraid that that is afterlife but thank you for your opinion

That is why I'm scared. A few years ago I had some great times and the thought that after death that won't be possible makes me scared af

It's fine, I didn't want to make the text too long cuz people would ignore it. I have some hobbies that I like to do, but it is kind of like gaming... you can have a lot of fun while playing, but then you realize that you could have spent that time on something better, but the problem is that I haven't realized what that something that would make me happy while knowing that when I will take my last breath I won't regret choosing that path

I will read it for sure when I won't be tired, so I could understand it fully :)

taskkill /im "emotions.exe" -f

I wish it would be as easy as that :D but for some situations, I'm glad that I'm not completely unemotional

Still OP btw, if any of you would want to chat with me sometime in the future you can add me on discord - Roman107#7532

you can laugh at all the people who take it so seriously because its pretty fucking funny

Just because there is no objective meaning to life, doesn't mean that there is no subjective meaning to your life.
You simply need to discover what motivates you as an individual and work towards that

Attached: Nor-me.png (1920x1080, 563K)

I don't necessarily laugh at them I just question them, but in the end, it makes me sad because they probably found their meaning, or at least know what do they want to do with their lives

Hopefully, I will in the near future, but it might take me some time. Thank you

Thank you for all your supportive comments, you all really helped me understand that there is more to life than I thought a few hours ago and I truly appreciate it. I just want to let you know that I'm downloading this thread for future times if I feel down so I can read some nice things from you all :)) I'll go to sleep now, and once again, thank you. Btw if you would want to chat with me sometime add me on discord that I mentioned above - Roman107#7532

Attached: z.jpg (400x388, 70K)

You should look into psychedelics when you get the chance user
I think they may help guide you even further

Do you mean like shrooms/LSD/MDMA or some other stuff? I like to smoke and have tried MDMA a few times, but that isn't really psychedelic, right? But I've realized a few things while I had MDMA, but it's probably something else that you are talking about...