Modern Videogames are a joke

I'm completely and utterly burnt out from most video games. Its just an endless hamster wheel of "rewards" and doing meaningless tasks over and over again.

>Play for rewards and trinkets and not for fun
>Get a reward for logging in
>Your reward requires other rewards to be useful
>Do a task to get this reward
>Do another task to unlock doing this task
>Tasks are utterly meaningless drivel
>Tasks are the same recycled quests
>Wait 24 hours to build a digital item
>Playerbase turns into a bunch of mindless drones doing task after task after task
>Build flashy cosmetic rewards
>Focus on developer made content and not player made
>Players barely socializes
>Just do "quests" like a bunch of robots
>In fact I cant tell if someone is a bot or a real person n a video game anymore
>Even charge players for cosmetics
>Storyline quests treat your player like the Chosen One
>Even though there are x10000 other Chosen ones out there

Attached: warframe-k-drive.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myvideogamelist.com/list/Ruggarell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

play indie games omegalol

>>Your reward requires other rewards to be useful
>>Do a task to get this reward
>>Do another task to unlock doing this task
>>Tasks are utterly meaningless drivel
>>Tasks are the same recycled quests
It's just exactly the same as real life, why bother playing games to get the same experience

>Video games picture related.

Attached: gamers.png (768x1677, 346K)

Try out VR
One of my fav is H3VR, basically gun simulator. Over 250 real guns that handle realistically.

truth I agree 100%

Heh I yea I agree I can't tell if people are robots or real people in some games anymore. In fact I've been playing less and less vidya. In fact anything that has micro transactions in them I avoid like the plague

play old games then

do drugs instead

orihigal

Just play Red Dead

played portal 2 while high as balls once.
I've never felt so immersed in a game, I loved it

Indie games are fun

Attached: 1562933451944.gif (480x270, 1004K)

Maybe one day people will accept that popularity brings ruin.

Retard, idgaf about your shitty mmo that does that but most single player games arent like that ( and prob most games in general) so dont generalize like a moron.

Even single player RPGs nowadays follow the same model.

fucking brain blast, if you want a game thats not shit stop playing shit games

Hotline Miami was fairly recent and was really good

I'm planning on getting a new laptop and playing all the shit I missed out on since I never had a good enough PC, like Dead Space, Mass Effect trilogy, and F.E.A.R.

Western games are pretty much paid gacha.

people complain about modern vidya while clearly only playing surface level normie trash or multiplayer trash. of course you're burnt out when you're playing obvious trash.

go and play many of the actually pretty good singleplayer games that have come out in the last few years, I'm playing through Kingdom Come right now and it's an amazing rpg that is reminiscent of early old school rpgs, especially Daggerfall. I played Sekiro just a month ago and it was an amazing Tenchu successor and a bunch of fun.

obviously the industry isn't as good as it was in the 90s, especially on pc, but there are plenty of great games still coming out.

Attached: 1546863247332.jpg (1024x1040, 157K)

vidya sucks bro i play destiny 2 and its not fun bro

There are still some good games being made. But yeah, the high-budget shit is absolute garbage. Similar to movies.

Find something you find fun and play it, if you don't like it, don't fuckin play it.

I play all sorts of games that have their stupid cosmetic stuff but i just ignore all of it. If you take away from the gameplay because of the nonsensical reward system, then you'll definitely not enjoy any sort of modern game. Just ignore that shit and play the game.

I play games in a different language to help with learning languages. It's a good way to turn it into a productive activity. For me it's a lot more engaging than consuming other media in a different language, so it helps more.

Yeah I can only take warframe for a few days before burning out again. It's fun with friends but even then, at this point theres too many frames and it's too easy without intentionally dumbing yourself down
I tend to play singleplayer games exclusively and half the time I play older games cause they were at least more unique

That's actually really smart user I'm gonna try that. Maybe with Witcher 3 since it has a ton of language options. Do you have English subtitles on or anything?

>warframe
sorry
get out while you can

That's what you get when everyone ignores the bullshit of these AAA developers and keep buying their shitty games

My rec is kenshi. Very opposite of hamster in a wheel

>he plays modern games
you're a retard

Attached: ragnarok-online-2_1.jpg (815x600, 182K)

that game went to shit too and private servers are dead

if it's not jap or slav i don't buy it

This looks nice.

Yay or nay?

99% agree except 1% that maybe VR is enjoyable with others and so are SOME games but I agree I quit solo gaming 1/2 years ago

I know this wont sway but I switched over to messing with those old ass 80s games our grandpa's used to play and shit. not as pretty and shiny looking as the new stuff but been having alot of fun trying to figure shit out and get thru games.

Played Pool of Radiance for the first time yesterday and once I figured out how it worked I really started getting into it. And in just a bit im trying out some applle IIe game called agent usa and than that one orgegon trail game I guess was huge in the 80s that everyone played. also have plans to try out ultima quest of the avatar? is the name? heard good things about that. Later i'll start getting more into consoles like the nes and that master system console.

I play GTA 5 sometimes. That's the most modern game I own. I miss being captivated by video games like when I was a kid. Shit sucks to be honest. Video games were one of my favorite hobbies.

You ever play Sleeping Dogs? That's the only game I'll shill to death. I must have replayed it a dozen times. It's like GTA but with soul

Yeah Sleeping Dogs was pretty good and I loved the story. I'm hoping Cyberpunk will be reminiscent of it but I doubt it. Cyberpunk won't live up to the hype. Evolve and Anthem both burned down in flames with this same garbage developer-benefiting only system OP has described.

I really really miss some of those cool anime styled mmo's from 2001-2011 era. some i'll never get to get lost in for months ever again the worlds forever lost to us.... kinda makes me sad when I think about all those game worlds we'll never ever see again except in video or pics.

Rhythm games. Don't need anyone but yourself, all about self-improvement, no gay Skinner box mechanics, and you look really cool when you get good.

Even more sad how those games had ten times more depth and fun that anything modern. It feels like games are made for literal retards now.

dont forget to try alpha centari

>rhythm games
>they use a continuous multiplier
>miss one note
>score goes from 100 mil to 2
Fuck you

Attached: 1547845930855.jpg (1024x823, 123K)

>look at twitch directory
>all the top games are shit

Attached: 1561589243280.png (720x513, 504K)

agree, osu is very fun. took me a while to get the hang of it but i can do 5* maps now.

I can't tell whether that thing at the bottom right is a gun in first person or a structure in the environment. Anyway, play stuff other than online grinding games or MMO's. I only play single player games except for when my group gets together to cook out and play fighting games. Tetris is as pure and simple as it gets, Tetris Effect is really nice to look at and has some good music. Sekiro is a good single player adventure and the combat feels good once you adjust to it. Dragon's Crown is a fun side scrolling beat em' up game with optional co-op play.

Attached: 1562856344826.gif (543x800, 332K)

Even Minecraft?

>play EDF robots

Attached: 1561677571513.png (535x509, 50K)

I've never bothered with any video games made in or after 2008. None of it looks at all appealing to me.

100 % spot on. There are games past and present that are works of are still. But few and far bewtween.

Attached: IMG_1540.jpg (3264x2448, 1.03M)

There are amazing games coming out each year. If you don't think I'm right you obviously only play video games on a surface mainstream level that is only shown everywhere at all times on TV.

Just in 2019 alone we got Sekiro,DMC5,Kingdom hearts 3,Bloodstained,and Judgement.

myvideogamelist.com/list/Ruggarell

Still waiting on Luigi mansion 3

Attached: 679765453546.jpg (1440x1440, 600K)

works of art* fuck im shitfucked

>Judgement
this any good

Yeah it's pretty good. Just gonna play that until Control comes out. From the people that made max payne looks kino.

quit stealing my games nigger

>Broke ass NEET mad cause I pay for my games

It's okay I will buy you a steam game if you suck my bbc

>Sekiro,DMC5,Kingdom hearts 3,Bloodstained,and Judgement.

those are totally not mainstream

Why are u black

Not really compared to the bigger games.

gimmme my game back niigger i let you brrow for 2 weeks. suck my bwc

Attached: IMG_1596 (3).jpg (2436x3003, 1.01M)

>Needs drugs to cope with his shit life

LMAO enjoy ya overdose broke ass white boy

just cheats codes to fuck yo bitch aha

Winners don't need cheat codes

cheaters win anyway

I did this with Mass Effect 2, 3, and Skyrim. All are fully voiced in other languages, very immersive.

multiplayer shit killed gaming

Trust me there are still great single player games. That's what publishers want you to think. Capitalism as well as individual taste will make sure that there is enough SP games to enjoy. Some people don't even connect to the internet at all when playing a game.

do drugs other than weed. weed is crap.

>Sekiro,DMC5,Kingdom hearts 3,Bloodstained,and Judgement
(none of which look interesting btw)

That's what video games were to begin with user, the only difference is now they're so lazy they allow you to also pay money for the rewards up front, so you don't even have to play.

Try Path Of Exile.
It's fun and quite addictive when you know what you're doing.
Otherwise Dwarf Fortress is nice as well.

I kinda agree. Most modern games have generally shit storylines and also the gameplay has been dumbed down so they are easy to complete and have no real challenge. Games also may give a false sense of accomplishment but if a game doesn't have any challenge then there speaking for myself I don't feel any sense of accomplishment which is what made games addicting, overtime I have just lost interest in the entire gaming industry and have moved onto better things with my life, otherwise if I do end up playing games it tends to be the old school games

Attached: 252262.jpg (640x400, 59K)

Not if it is highly concentrated

>Online addicted child