/wagecuck/ general

Another week, another dollar

Attached: 1ban6q.jpg (367x332, 22K)

I am an assistant manager at a dollar general ask me stuff

>tfw have to go to shitty repetitive job tomorrow for 9 hours where all i do is compare travel rates and see if they go down at all on existing bookings

Attached: 1548469557338.png (285x276, 54K)

Trust me just work at night it's better.

Just come up with a smooth work plan with a good crew and shit goes by fast. You can laugh,joke,and work and it will go fast.

Attached: 1508366098987.jpg (819x1024, 97K)

How's it? I'm a supervisor at a grocery store but feel like a manager. I do the deposits and inventory and tills and self checkout balancing and stuff. No degree, feel like I could be an AM somewhere.

>Work at a heavily Hispanic and black frequented store
>6foot white guy with resting bitch face and monotone voice
>On edge anytime I need to raise my voice so people can hear me
>Have had people threaten me when I'm just trying to help
I carry a knife now. I seriously have no feeling inside me of like hatred but suddenly someone accuses me of having an attitude when I'm just talking to them. I'm just trying to be relaxed and I look mad I guess

>tfw 50 hour weeks minimum
>tfw no fixed schedule, sometimes work weekends or holidays
>tfw long shifts randomly assigned every week, day lasts 12+ hours
>tfw can't quit for another 16 weeks
>tfw only 40 hours of vacation and 32 hours of PTO to last me over this period
>tfw people guilt trip me when I avoid work
>tfw no idea how I am going to survive 16 weeks of this hell without drinking myself into the hospital

Attached: 1402459941234.jpg (299x227, 10K)

Unlimited free time becomes boring as you get older and grow out of games and have seen all there is to see in entertainment media. I'd rather earn a steady paycheck and do things I want

That's because you're a boring, soulless person with no ambition or passion for anything. You need somebody to tell you want to do or you just sit there and rust like the dull machine you are.

Working makes you value your free time and actually have money to spend during that time. NEETing is a one-way trip to homelessness and misery.

t. 40-something NEET

Day 1 of 9 in a row finished. Pulled an hour overtime because the forklift driver fucked up. Just enough time to get 6 hours of sleep and do it all again.

Attached: 118834316347186039_26e64ffa4732.jpg (630x529, 61K)

I'm weird. On my days off I never really wanna do anything but when I get home from work I wanna do more stuff. Like during working I'll say to myself I wanna start a new game on my next day off but then it comes snd I don't feel like it

I don't really feel like a manager honestly. I don't make schedules, or hire/fire people, I don't really make any big decisions. I make bank runs, count tills and deposits, but other key carriers ("lead sales associates") can do that too. Really I pretty much just do everything that sales associates do (register, stocking, recovering, resetting planograms, really everything) except I'm there more often than them.

DG stores are small and have even smaller crews. Everybody, including the store manager, pretty much just do... everything that needs doing. All administrative tasks are done by the store manager. I've only ever worked here, but I think bigger stores are different, and in those stores I think assistant managers might be more "important" than ones at DG. I think they probably have more power and make more critical decisions. But for DG, no matter your position, you're going to be doing the same stuff as everyone else.

Working two jobs, 7 days a week

Kill me

Now I want to watch Office Space again. This is like the 3rd night in a row.

I just realized that I will only amount to paycheck to paycheck life, shits wack.

Attached: 1562901350342.jpg (532x664, 201K)

Worked over the weekend on my online business and pulled in 200 dollars in sales in one day.

Every sale felt like a huge accomplishment, I love my job and I love life.

Attached: download (29).jpg (900x900, 271K)

as a second shift covience store worker I could not agree more.

Attached: images-2.jpg (268x188, 9K)

ur not alone, random blacks have tried to fight me just because they thought i had a problem with them

I fell for the trade meme and learned how to do TIG welding.
>I worked two TIG jobs. First one sucked, only paid 14.50$ an hour and the company was terrible.
>Welding turns out to be very shitty work. You are constantly bent over at weird angles for 8-12 hours a day, breathe in fumes even with ventilation you still get migraines from the fumes, you get burned, it's boring, stressful because you have to make perfect welds every time or you get yelled at by your boss.
>Second job was worse but paid 19$ an hour. I started getting depressed so I picked up an alcohol habit and would drink bourbon as soon as I got out of work until I went to bed, and get plastered on the weekends.
>One day get a call from my boss. She said don't come in tomorrow you are terminated
>Find out it's because I was refusing to work weekends, even though the application said it was optional.
>was already staying late and working 50-60 hours a week, they wanted me to do 8-12 on the weekends as well which would be 68 hours.
>Apply for unemployment
>380$ a week. Been 2 months now, been saving almost all of it. 4 months left of unemployment, then I might apply for disability.
I don't get how people can be wageslaves for 40+ years. Just doing two real jobs was enough to crush my soul. Neet life is amazing. I play guitar, exercise, watch movies, play vidya, go for hikes daily with my dogs, wake up at 11, eat chick fil a with my neetbux.

that's an early symptom of depression

I just graduated uni in may and got a 9-5 receptionist job at a law firm. I was working at a shitty bowling alley while I was in school. This shit sucks waking up early every day, but at least I finally have my weekends back. I would kill myself if fridays were not just half days.

>Working makes you value your free time and actually have money to spend during that time
Because it makes you so fucking miserable you become desperate to escape your life through vices and distractions.

I work at a store and this is the only place I've ever worked. How exactly do you go about job searching while working? Everyone tells me it's a bad idea to quit before getting another job.
I'd like to list my manager as a reference, I mean, I've been here for years, might as well get THAT out of it.
But I'd have to tell him that I'm using him as a reference. And that will mean I'm looking for a different job. And he wouldn't like that. Wouldn't he want to NOT be a reference, in order to make sure I stay there? Wouldn't he try to ruin my chances out of spite?

Forgive me if I'm wrong. Like I said, this is my first and only job, I have no idea how this process works.

What is your online business user?

I am a public accountant, I am not getting paid well, but I will get a substantial rise fo 6 hours job as a Bank Consultant and the owner of the business wants me to work 8 hours and pay me even more, I guess thats good for a recent graduate.

So many companies think workers should be willing to sacrifice their personal lives for the sake of the company. I just fundamentally disagree with that. I am currently looking for ways to quit working because every business I have worked for is the same way. Greedy cunts who expect me to sacrifice for a business when I get nothing out of it. OT pay is not worth a loss to my quality of life.

i just wanna say thanks for all the taxes you guy "pay"
i cant NEET it without you

Attached: +_1a8c16a19aac5aa12cade37389754136.jpg (1000x1333, 318K)

Do you ever notice how they try to make sleep a thing only weak people do? Everyone will talk about how little sleep they got, how tired they are, but it's not really complaining, it's bragging. They quietly shame others for getting a full night's sleep, I guess out of jealousy. As if they think, "who do you think you are, why should you get 8 hours of sleep when I choose to work so much I only get 4?"

Rich businessmen will be glorified for how little they sleep, and people start to think, "we should all be exactly like that", ignoring the fact that few people can skimp out on sleep and not suffer health problems. "Well who cares if I'll be weaker and sickly when I'm older, I mean, what are the odds of that much time passing?"

I work at a plastic company and make about $43,000 a year ($22/hour). Not bad. 40 hours a week. I like it mainly because all the guys I work with are great.

Yes, I am currently on a team where it's basically a contest to see who is the most overworked and has the worst time of it. People constantly talk about how bad they have it but you're just expected to make a joke of it, laugh it off, and show up for work the next day. You can work 14 hours, basically work all day, go home, sleep, then wake up to work all day again, and you're expected to just treat it like a joke. If you have to work 20+ hours over the weekend you're supposed to laugh about it. If you have to work over a holiday and cancel vacation plans you have to be positive about it and talk about what a great learning opportunity it is. You mention "work life balance" to HR, schedule vacations, or push back against mandatory OT, and you're sidelined from advancement for not being a "team player".

Management encourages this attitude because it allows them to abuse entire teams without facing any push back. One team is forced to do the job of 3 teams because it's cheaper to pay them OT (the ones eligible for it) than it is to hire 2 more teams that all work 40 hours.