What's your favorite game and why Jow Forums

what's your favorite game and why Jow Forums

Attached: 1262308577.jpg (379x263, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubaE2TBlTQU
youtube.com/watch?v=gbBHNeK3Wus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

definitely DK64. it's flawed for sure and there's a shitload to collect but there's so much detail packed into the sound, music, atmosphere, graphics. it's insanely creative and fun. it may just be nostalgia but this game is unironic kino to this day.

Attached: download.jpg (262x192, 25K)

I loved Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 back in the day. I have great memories of playing DK64 with my dad and my brother. The one I've enjoyed the most lately was Persona 5. Nothing else can come close, and I can't wait to play the new version coming out with more content.

Persona 3 FES, I love Persona in general but that game in particular really got me attached.

The best moba for avoiding normies and EGirls

Attached: D0E1ACF2-031F-4656-B1D7-7852582C0504.png (297x300, 23K)

Minecraft gave me more feels and more memories than any other game

osu! cause it drained my soul to the point i barely play anything else so there's nothing else to be my favorite

Mag for the Ps3
It heavily relied on teamwork, 300 people all playing at once, most of which used mics (if you were in a popular clan). It was a really interesting game, it was huge, but still somehow too many people missed out, there will never be another thing like that ever again and people who didn't play that game will never understand what it was like, the craziness you can find gameplay videos but it doesn't do the game justice.
It's wonky looking compared to games today, but it was amazing.

Attached: mag.jpg (640x640, 60K)

GTA San Andreas. I'm sure it's mostly nostalgia of better times in life though.

Im a classic robot, so Yume Nikki, obviously

Attached: 1559917008634.jpg (600x600, 333K)

Super Mario Odyssey
perfect controls, music, and gameplay experience from novice to master
this game is the kind of masterpiece that comes around once every decade or so

Star Fox 64
Best replay value ever

any of you guys ever play to the moon? i really enjoyed it. Good music, good story, really hits you in the feels. their is some mild Reddit tier humor but i didn't mind. This a great game to play if you are lonely. Hardly my favorite game ever, but it is on of my more memorables. Probably top ten material.

I was under the impression that these "300" player battles were all just self contained 12 v 12s happening in different caged in areas of the map with mild interaction between. Looks cool though, shame i never got to play it as when i finally got a ps3 2 years ago the servers had been dead for a long time

I really enjoy star fox 64 too, but i think it only has an average replay value. once you see all the routes once or twice there isn't very much incentive to keep going back. I briefly got into maximizing scores but i only ever really learned the strats for corneria. It just wasn't that fun to me to play that way.

What i would love to see is another entry that has just as rich of a story with an emphasis on a competitive dogfight multiplayer mode, with both 1v1, teams, and ffa with objectives. So you could take the skills you learned from single player and test them against other pilots from around the world.

You could sneak behind enemy lines and abandon your squad to help people out at the other side of the map, you'd get there and it'd be a whole other world. it was such a crazy game and the 12 v 12 description is so inaccurate, the squad leaders can talk to eachother and plan so sometimes everyone would just gang up on a team of 12 and then the whole team would pour in through that little opening and overwhelm the enemy there was a lot of potential for strategy. as the battle progresses the map would get smaller, because the objectives close in around the spawn of the defending team so you get this huuuge cluster fuck of explosions and bullets flying everywhere. It was insane man. It was like a work of art, it was controlled chaos. That was only the case though, during MAGs peak, it started dying and by then you could only get into the tiny games.

Sounds like it would have been a fun time. Thanks for explaining it too me.

GMod is by far my favorite of all time, literally infinite

Attached: Screenshot_20190715-005949.png (2048x2016, 177K)

it was less than 300 people but it mights well have been...

Psychonauts
>interesting art style
>doesnt take itself too seriously
>summer camp setting
>platformer
Has all the shit i like

why do people like mario 64 so much? i liked the 2d games much more

>still no mention of zelda
disappointing

Attached: zelda_oot_boxart.png (400x278, 118K)

Dark Souls 1
>Amazing Atopshere and World Deisegn
>You can see everything like anor londo from the begining or you can look off the edge and see blightown or look up from blightown and see the tree at firelink
>great lore, fuck all the idiot youtubers though
>Interesting characters
>Unique and extremly fun online invasion mechanic
>Great Ost
youtube.com/watch?v=ubaE2TBlTQU
fuck ds3 though

Attached: AsylumDemon-1600x900 dark souls.jpg (1600x900, 320K)

The super mario all stars collection for snes is where it's at.

Either MGS2 or Ace Combat 4

Super mario bros for the ds

Super Metroid And Demon's Crest.
Demon's Crest is a spinoff of Ghosts 'n Goblins
and is better imo.

Attached: Firebrand.png (400x630, 130K)

Lego Racers on PC.

Remember the PC didn't have mario kart, crash team racing, or diddy kong. This was your only option for a kart racer. Track design was objectively better and the way boost pickups were structured, you could hit absurdly high speeds if you knew what you were doing.

Then you have the kart building. It really wasn't much compared to today's lego vidya but it felt like the possibilities were pretty much endless. On PC it also ran really quick and the shitty build controls were made easier by being able to use the mouse for everything.

Plus 2 player support and better graphics. MK64 got blown the fuck out by this game and even when I was a kid I didnt understand why people actually liked Mario kart.

Attached: lego-racers_18.png (640x480, 66K)

I legitimately cannot pick a favorite. Possibly Okami?

fpbp, DK64 is a classic. Shame we never really got another 3D Donkey Kong game like it again. A sequel with a few tweaks to the formula could end being an even better game, but I guess we will never really know.

Attached: 1533871007182.png (743x530, 732K)

Touhou. I used to play a lot of kancolle too but dropped it. I enjoy the concentration level (something i lack in my life) that i get with danmaku. The music is cool too. idk

holy shit I remember playing this game when I was 6 years old and completely forgot about it until now, but it was definitely one of my favorite games growing up. Excellent taste user

Team Fortress 2,it's free and i'm almost alright at it

Super Sneed 64
does anyone get my refernce?

Silent Hill 2. Nothing has ever come close for me, it's just perfect.

Attached: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (320x462, 42K)

For me, its Resident Evil 4. Played it once as a kid and haven't stopped playing it since. I never get tired of it, even on different systems.
>Wii version is objectively the best version desu

Ethnic Cleansing: the Video Game

youtube.com/watch?v=gbBHNeK3Wus

I like that the niggers and mongrels make monkey noises when they die. hahahahahahaha

Pancake2012 is that you?

Do you like the FES afterstory in particular?
I also really like persona 3 but i found the extra story really boring and never finished it

Why is the WiiU version the best? That's the first version I played. And then I think I played a bit of the Steam PC version but didn't see much of a difference.

Unfortunately the wrong one fren

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Half life

Also the most comfy environment and graphics

Attached: 20170211115103_1.jpg (800x600, 100K)

Always wanted to play it because of those infamous Frame Perfection speedruns.

Gradius Collection is my favourite game dude, pic unrelated.

Attached: 62.png (768x800, 424K)

super mario 64 because i can play as super mario on it

You already know what it is, bless Namco for re-releasing it.

Attached: __estellise_sidos_heurassein_raven_flynn_scifo_karol_capel_rita_mordio_and_etc_tales_of_series_and_e (1317x1800, 1.1M)

I will check your quads since no other retarded gorilla nigger will

Attached: 1533414976525.jpg (300x300, 36K)

What game senpai, let me gently hug you btw, i want hugs *hugs*

Attached: Snuggling up to anon and making them feel a mixture of discomfort and pleasure.gif (480x270, 1.09M)

The dino brawler Primal Rage. Played it to death as a kid. Diablo was my fave character.

Attached: Diablo.gif (179x108, 193K)

You can figure it from the filename, yaknow...

video game are waste of time, most non-productive thing you can do

Attached: 1543294765786.webm (640x480, 1.32M)

You're not in the right place

>1997
>7 years old
>playing pic-related on my Sega Genesis Nomad
>reading Archie Sonic comics
>eatan' kraft macaroni and cheese
That's when I peaked, my life has been going downhill for the past 22 years.

Attached: Title_Screen_Sonic_3_and_Knuckles.png (320x224, 20K)

>Be me age 12
>Fat and rejected by peers
>Think of going on a murdering spree on the school using melee weapons and tools
>Buy Dark Souls
>Achieve peak happiness

That wich is dead can never die, never forget this anons

Attached: dark souls.jpg (425x543, 51K)

Don't have a favourite but SuperStar Saga hit all the beats

the atmosphere, the music, the dodging mechanic were all awesome and it was probably the first time I was invested in a vidya story

partners in time was also great but bowsers inside story was a disappointment

Attached: gba_mario_and_luigi_superstar_saga-875975.jpg (300x300, 41K)

The campaign was great and multiplayer was pure tits.

my nigga

Attached: Titanfall 2.jpg (950x534, 171K)

wtf same
dark souls 1 can never be topped

why in the hell didn't people like titanfall
do you play apex?

This game is absolutely genius. Does not really offer much replayability though.
The game i gravitate towards the most is probably WoW WotLK 3.3.5a

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 104K)

Superb choice.
There are very few games that make me feel like I'm actually there, but whenever i see a twilight in that game, i can smell the warm summer atmosphere.
The music selection is great too.

Prey, because it's literally good and no one knows about it.

I lost and gained so many friends on Ultima Online. renaissance expansion after watching someone play that and Ever Quest. I really had a lot more fun at the ever quest console games since you could play with people just carrying around a RAM stick and everyone had a couple of interchangeable ones for different systems. The trammel guilds never go to felucia, if they do they don't make it off the gate from faction gank squads. Taking over a guild was horrible, half of them wanted to be red, some of them wanted to be blue. They'd have to make a new character or account all the time for character slots. If we had our guild stone in trammel we'd get tons of people that would never go to felucia. It made sense though because they wouldn't ever see anyone unless it was a gank squad. So we'd start playing our guild in other games or player run servers. With guards disabled and just a plain felucia world we'd constantly organize things and there would be people around in major places to do stuff. The gank squads were rare because it's just boring. No other game really came up with a timing system with magic scaled the way it was once they get rid of halbard mages. Halberds honestly wouldn't have made a difference if the shards allowed them except for gank squads. That game had the best magic system and timing. Lag could fuck you over pretty bad, but usually if your connection was the movement speed to avoid gank squads. As soon as you move a guild stone to felucia you were basically fucked in ever finding new members. The members you had would run off and murder people with other gank squads. I'm pretty sure most of those people quit the game and just started playing WoW instead since it was full time trammel so they can farm gear to never do anything interesting with. The player run shards are fucking awesome if you're not a moderator. Once you get mod abilities you just start being stupid getting top tier stuff when everyone is just trying to make the minimum work.

Based. The first game that made me feel like a badass. I wish I could play it for the first time again

DK64 is super underrated, I really don't understand why it gets so much hate.

you still posted the wrong one.
I usually prefer older games, but Breath of the Wild is absolutely god tier.
>can go wherever and do whatever you want
>insanely huge world
>super comfy
>go to the warmer parts to feel like you are on vacation
>go the snowy mountains and light a fire and imagine the comfy warmth of the fire
>excellent fighting mechanics
>puzzle shrines that soothe my autism
>a huge number of different characters with background stories
>can befriend dogs
>wind and weather realistically affects the surroundings
The only negative is that the main dungeons and boss battles were a little small and repetitive.

Attached: botw.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Problem Attic, cause I'm tired of gaming and it feels refreshing to see a game that sets itself in fire and breaks every rule while sending an honest message about our own prisons

Popular alt: Elite Beat Agents

Nice picks

Cause it's neat, altho Galaxy 2 is the superior 3D Mario. But I agree that 2D Marios are better, being 3 the peak