Niche religions

Any anons here part of a niche religion? Ive met a few on here so im wondering how many there are.
If so, what religion, when did you decide that was the religion to follow, and what made you decide it was the religion to follow?

Attached: 156.png (2048x2048, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

norse-mythology.cba.pl/page,109,flood.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I follow my own pretty specific flavor of Christianity.

Yes, but I don't want to increase its bad reputation by talking about it on an Ingushetian goat-fucking bazaar.

I cant imagine many niche religions with a bad rep.
Im probably wrong but is it any flavor of LaVeyan satanism? There are quite a few of those

No, LaVeyan fags hate us though.

Mathematics

Fuck your human-language books, they're shit

Math is the true language of god

Proof: it allows you to go beyond your ape mind
its literally the only thing that we can call "magic" in our shithole world

Abandon your filthy scriptures, stop being lazy expecting knowledge to come to you and start trying understand the world

>math
>real world
Underage b&

Attached: 1563095917242.png (256x256, 90K)

you're right math explains a lot more than just the real world

but everything in the real world can be explained with it

so it remains superior to anything else

change my mind

Sort of, but not really. My family isnt very religious or superstitious, but they are from a rural pert of mexico where a mix of shamanism and christianity is practiced.
deleted for better gif

Attached: vhIxZ5e.gif (500x282, 1.56M)

Top tier gif m8
The thread is now 5x better

Isn't that just the Cult Mechanicus?

Attached: image.jpg (480x325, 112K)

Write me a function that models 3D circles in 2D, tough guy

don't know warhammer too well so idk

but sure, i wouldn't mind gradually becoming a robot, if it meant becoming better at math

after looking at it -meh
there is no "machine god", worshippping the tools math can bring us is a false deity

when i say i mean the abstract principles of coherence, not the formulas and theorems that you can apply as tools

define "3D circles"

do you projecting spheres to circles ? cuz thats easy af

Can mathbexplainbwhy i can't get a gf

I can tell you're very smart with that reddit format. lurk moar

No, idk, a function that would model a circle on the ground in terms of x and y
Like if you were looking at a big circle on the ground, write a function that could draw that circle on the xy plane
You dont have to i was making a joke

So something like Gnosticism? You mentioned knowledge being part of this.

I believe myself to be the reincarnation of a Final Fantasy character. I live in a house with several others who have these beliefs. Our leader is the reincarnation of Jenova.

oh, the cartesian equation for the shape of a circle is, given a center point (a,b) and a radius 'r':
(x - a2) + (y - b2) = r2

well gnosticism "hates" the material reality
whereas to me reality is a "necessary approximation", per se

what i mean by this is that pure math can express amazing things like infinity, but infinity cannot exist in a world/simulation, because calculations cannot ever be executed if infinity is involved

Norse pagan desu. Ive looked to see what religions fit into the modern understanding of the universe and its the only one that really makes sense to me. The part of it that seals the deal for me is how it shows the gods as imperfect, i could never believe that someone was ever perfect, because perfect is entirely objective. That and it working with science pretty much entirely if you think a bit makes it the choice i went with. Had to become a damn self taughy theologian and learned about near 40 religions, but it was worth it.

Thats not what i meant but forget about it
Thats not right either nincompoop

How does it work with science?

oh so you didn't mean the x,y plane, you meant the x->f(x) plane
yeah ok you can't have two different outputs for one given x, but that's merely a consequence of how the x->f(x) plane is defined

and yeah i meant to write those '2's as "squared", so i shouldve written '^2', my bad

I think a popular example is the creation
It depends on who you ask but the gylfaginning is the same mostly.
Ymir the frost giant was killed by Odin, Vili, and Ve, and they turned his corpse into the universe. Thats the general consensus, but depending on the texts you read and how its translated, its claimed a few times that they fashioned it after throwing his body into ginnungagap, the void. This event would be the big bang. A sudden creation of everything in existance. If you read the snorri sturlusson version he says that odin vili and ve turned 2 logs into the first male and female, but as he was a christian its obvious why he would make such a claim. Most authentic texts dont even mention the creation of man, only saying they created earth. This would mean that life came along later, which fits into evolution.
There are a few things that are ambiguous, such as what about when the earth was still hot and molten, and i think ultimately we will never know as Christians did their best to destroy as many texts as possible. My best guess is that even gods cant build a planet in a day, or that they didnt build it in a complete state, creating the primordial earth instead, either waiting to see what will come or knowing what will come.
Space itself is somewhat easy. Empty space is ginnungagap, a void. Planets would be the remains of other frost giants that were killed. None powerful enough to create a planet with life, which is why earth, being made from ymir, is the only one with life.
Stars are explained too. It is said that the gods "grabbed a handful of sparks from muspelheim (the realm of fire) and threw them into the skym" creating stars. When you think that muspelheim is the realm of fire, the sparks can easily be seen as stars.
It seems a bit crazy, but i think its the best i can rationalize it. Ive yet to find a theistic religion that i think can fit into science as well as norse can.

Pretty much religion has some way to fit its theology into science, most are on the same level as yours.
The only thing this tells me for certain is that man had some way of knowing the basic creation of the universe across barriers of language, distance, and time, in a time where it wasn't possible for man to have figured most, if any of that out yet.
In a similar vein, most religions also have a story about some kind of great flood as well.

The great flood is not the case in norse, unless its eluded me for 2 years there is no such thing, all there is for disasters is fimbulwinter, the prelude to ragnarokkr, the end of the world. This is left ambiguous, as it has yet to come. The god of wisdom has some foresight so its believed he is the one to foresee it and warn man.
When it comes is never stated, the only statement is that it will come after 3 years of straight winter. Its never said its guarenteed with 3 years of straight winter though, only that it will come after an event of the likes. When will this happen? Well humanity is currently in the Holocene, the warming period of a 2.7 million year long ice age. Some ive seen believe that when the warm ends then fimbulwinter begins, but i dont imagine it would be considered winter that way, but i could be wrong. The only other option is if global warming gets worse. Once the gulf stream is interrupted the entire northern hemisphere will lose alot of warm water flow. This will let more water freeze during the winter. This ice will reflect light, making it colder, letting more water freeze, repeat ad infinitum.

What about when Ymir was killed, and his spurting blood created a great flood that drowned all the giants except two, who created a new race of giants? This is similar to other flood myths, from the Bible to native South American folklore.
That aside, my point is that many world religions are overall very similar, and tend to follow a certain chain of events, that happen to line up with modern science as well. What this means is anyone's guess. Aliens giving us knowledge because reasons, God/s giving us the universal truth, man's beliefs shaping the universe, I don't know.

Ive never heard of the blood thing, the most ive heard is that his blood became the oceans, although sweat is also a popular contendor.
The new race of giants ive never heard of either. Giants sprang forth from ymirs body as he slept, one of these giants slept with Buri, who gave birth to Borr, borr mated with bestla, a descendant of ymir, and they gave birth to odin vili and ve. The new race may be the aesir as they were the first. But ive never heard of a flood from his blood leaving two behind, every part of him went into making the realm of midgard.
The only thing i can think of 2 people being left is at the end of ragnarokkr, but i believe it was actuslly 4 who were left to repopulate even then.
If you could point me as to where you heard that id be grateful as ive never heard such a claim

I just looked it up, this was the first result I found
norse-mythology.cba.pl/page,109,flood.html
If it's wrong in any way, do tell me.

Otherkin.

Yeah yeah I know, we get shit on all the time by non-believers who believe whatever assholes tell them. No, we're not a gender or sexuality. No, I don't actually believe I'm an animal/whatever and I know fully well that I'm human on the outside. It's just that I have a non-human soul. Since this is an anime site, lemme explain it in a way weebs can understand:

My physical body is like the Eva-00 and the one piloting it is Shinji instead of Rei.

Attached: fyoudragon.jpg (396x396, 15K)

From a truthful unbiased standpoint, it is very wrong. Its only quoted by snorri sturlusson who is not well recieved in the norse community. He did document much of what history wasnt destroyed in the christianization of scandinavia, he is known to put christian twists into it. The only place it is referenced is his works, and its clear he took motivation from noahs ark.
I can see why you would think so if looking at it from your perspective, its only when you take to heart these things do you learn about snorri and his biases. He put christian mythos into all sorts of things which is why its almost universally stated that everything he says is false unless backed up by a different source, since the christian influence is almost everywhere in the prose edda. As this one only comes from him, is referenced nowhere else, and is clearly snorri putting personal biases into it, id say its false.
In the less christianized works, it is never said anything happens to the frost giants during the creation, they only talk about the fate of ymir.
I hope this helped clear some things up. Its just that snorri is a really unreliable source when only he claims something and this is one such case or clear influence from his personal beliefs.

I like Tibetan Buddhism for its emphasis on reincarnation and the joys of death, Death releases the suffering of life and only leads to joy.

I made my own religion. With hookers and blackjack.