I went to top tier university (Cornell) and met some of the smartest minds...

I went to top tier university (Cornell) and met some of the smartest minds. After reading this shit I imagine all of your university classes were probably retard tier.

>Mfw I'm a sophomore and learn M-test proof technique.
>Mfw I'm in intro analysis and they ask us to prove that every real number can be expressed as a continued fraction
>Mfw I'm taught measure theory as a freshman

Wtf I'm not bragging I'm jealous because it was gay af

Attached: read-graph-theory-an-advanced-course-graduate-texts-in-mathematics-adrian-bondy-pdf-free-download-1- (638x451, 41K)

cringe post

Retard tier comment, truly

>he thinks any of that impresses me

Inb4 posting accessible content for understanding but some autistic math brainlet is showing off

>he thinks two lines of text is what I learned.

You lack the ability to think past your forehead

>begging this hard for validation from people he will never meet
sad

it's unfortunate that /sci/ is so bad that my first thought isn't "this is a joke post"

Fuck off Andy

>every real number can be expressed as a continued fraction
what about irrationals?

Lol cornell is actually a shit tier uni under the guise of ivy league

It's ok analysis is literally for retards anyway

coping that you couldn't understand chapter 2 of baby rudin lmao

>undergrad impressing anyone
lol

Lol, they do that at almost every university.
t. former Berkeley student
I insist you back go to class instead of summerposting here.

the point of applied math in the private sector is to know all the integration techniques lol.

this

kek

XD if you haven't learned measure theory by first year kys.

no, pure mathematicians do that kind of work. For example, an applied mathematician may be able to solve the common differential equations he comes across, and use numerical techniques, but a pure mathematician will give a good answer to a differential equation such as:
-ay''''''-by'''''-cy''''-dy'''-ey'''-fy''-gy'-hy'-p equal 0, where some coefficients are transcendental over Q. This is, in and of itself, a pure math problem, regardless if it arises from physical reality.

they use this book at ASU. congrats on going to an ivy that isn't brown or corne..wait

I'm interning at this summer, naturally there are a ton of Cornell kids here because its relatively close. None of them are anything special, I go to a state school and I'm doing better/more with my internship than any of them I know. Same goes for all the ivy league skiddies here. The only added benefit you get from cornell is other cornell grads circle jerking about going to cornell so if your recruiter is from an ivy you might have a better chance of getting hired but your classes aren't any different lmao. Theres literally like 15 people from cornell I know interning and a few from brown, they aren't shit.

Says the kid that didn't get in. We are the best engineering school. We get funding by pretending to be a public school.

Cornell doesn't use that book. They don't teach graph theory I'm self taught

It's because we are tired from the actual work we did during the semester instead of sorting Skittles like at your school

I went to a mediocre school (Georgia Tech) and I didn't really meet anyone there that seemed particularly genius to me.

I learned measure theory in my freshman too and I go to a shit tier school so, you aint that special and most importantly you aint smart bud

“In the private sector”

I hope your math is better than your reading comprehension.

You learned lebesgue integrals freshman year? Lmao

> they aren't shit.

and yet they are in the same program as you...thinking_emoji.png

Buddy I got into Cornell and it sucked when I visited. The weather is complete shit, the quality of the program is mediocre when compared to cheaper state schools such as GA Tech, Berkeley, and UT, and the place is just fucking boring and depressing. No wonder they had to install chain link fences across all the major bridges: Cornell also has one of the highest suicide rates out of all universities in the country. I'm convinced that the only reason why people apply (me included) is so that they can brag once they get in because it's the least competitive ivy league school.

Keep coping with your $60k fees, shit weather, and mediocre engineering program - but hey, (((ivy league))) amirite?

Attached: descarga.jpg (236x213, 9K)

Lmao I almost killed myself there.

You forgot that now I can say I did research for some of the most prolific scientists in my area of interest and that I have better connections than most people.

Also daddy has money and I pretty much paid off loans

Their engineering physics is the best. Their EE is tied for best. Physics is tied for 3rd.

You. Dipshit. Pretentious. Fuck.

>pretending that Cornell isn't top 20 university in the world for physics and engineering
>pretending cornell doesn't have 100% need met financial aid if you make less than $50,000 per year
You're all mentally ill and not smart.

Attached: 1563143245550.png (727x682, 172K)

>muh rote knowledge
Math isn't science.

What are you going on about? I learned all of that in my undergrad at a shit-tier university. Is that supposed to be advanced? "top tier" universities are a meme.

>every real number can be expressed as a continued fraction
Isn't that just by cauchy construction?

It's a simple alternating sequence argument

How is Georgia Tech mediocre? I know it's not really an Ivy League, but isn't it a top 10 science/engineering school?

Imagine having an ego as pathetic as OP's

Those US curated "top university" lists are a joke. E.g. all major German universities are roughly equally good and at the same time the students there are not significantly worse in any of the subjects than students from the US top ranked unis. Yes, some unis have more money and equptment and more profs who are well connected and who publish in nature. That's the main different - many unis are largely equally good as unis in terms of getting taught stuff.

Attached: believe.jpg (288x175, 12K)

KIT reporting in

QS is international and Cornell is #14 in the world.

> hurr I promise I'm smarter I'm just recuperating... for 3 months...
I meant they ain't shit as in they aren't hot shit, not any better than anyone in my state school program. The most aloof person I've met the entire time there is going to M.I.T. and he is literally an npc.

They are still good don't get me wrong, but OP's whole sentiment was about Cornell being superior which they aren't

>spending time bragging on /sci/
How do I know you work at a coffee shop?

>Graph book for computer science and programmers

Please use combinatorial topology for graph

>and yet they are in the same program as you
you got that backwards fucktard, he's there with them and they aint nothing special

What is problem with deducing them if you know that integral is just iterative traversal of area.

Ithaca is great, and a great campus, too!

I'm learning it for cs retard. Go learn some algebraic graph theory and use the laplacian to cluster your nonexistent social network.

Btw any subset of topology besides the shit they use in cs is useless.

Cornell doesn't even crack the top 10 in world QS rankings, cope more

>mfw i was a freshman and learned all that shit in my first class at the University of Waterloo
Americans really do overpay for education