Is there any point in lifting weights if you can't eat enough calories to gain weight?

is there any point in lifting weights if you can't eat enough calories to gain weight?
there is a 24 hour gym a 10 minute walk away i assume it should be relatively empty at 1-2 in the morning so its safer for an incel to go
but at 6'3 155 pounds i feel like i'd be wasting my time until i can improve my appetite

any gymcels can give input?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

I just got a shitload of high-calorie protein bars

Try mass gainer shakes. You can usually choke down a thousand calories in shakes on top of your current diet.

eat more nigger
also do deadlifts

When I was 16 at 6'1 145 I hit the gym hard and force fed myself. Still didn't gain weight. Wasn't until I was 20 and my metabolism slowed down.

Jow Forums here. Start going to the gym, your appetite will grow once you start exercising.

It's preferable to be shredded and wiry than it is to be skinny or skinnyfat.
Aside from that, working out greatly increases your appetite. There are tricks to further things along and help you (whole milk, protein bars, shakes), but you've really just gotta fight through it and eat even when you're not hungry. It's not especially pleasant at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
Once upon a time I went through immense effort to put on about 45 pounds of muscle as somebody who's always been extremely skinny. I honestly found that it wasn't worth the effort or unpleasantness of forcing myself to eat constantly, so I gave up exercising and constantly stuffing my face. On the other hand, I know lots of people who did keep it up and changed their physiques long-term. Your mileage may vary.

DON'T LISTEN TO THESE RETARDS
high calorie protein is a meme filled with the worst kind of calories and will just make you fat and murder your gains you
even if you can't reach ideal caloric intake chug some protein shakes to at least reach your min protein requirement and you'll make some gains

don't listen to this retard who buys cheap shit from walmart, high-calorie bars are great for helping you reach your calorie goal just don't don't use them as a replacement for your diet

i'm 26 and my metabolism isn't any slower than it was at 16
i usually only eat one meal a day because i'm too miserable to make so much as a fucking sandwich or heat up a bowl of rice

>Hard to put food to your mouth
Literally the easiest thing there is. Look at all the phatties.
As ppl said exercise will naturally increase your appetite
Else or also you will have to force feed and possibly count calories. And getting calorically dense and easy eaten foods will help too

Just eat more, lmao. What's so hard?

Attached: kek'ed.png (960x960, 1.07M)

>actually falling for the high-calorie bar meme
even worse
>shilling high-calorie bars to unsuspecting bots
if OP wants to gain weight he should eat lots deez nuts, meat, and carbs these are easy sources of high quality protein, carbs and healthy fats
youre shilling low quality protein w/ unhealthy carbs and fats shu shu

Attached: 4+master+race+_be2344c0f652c62b8325470f45ba4c3a.jpg (326x288, 36K)

You don't actually need to bulk to gain muscle and get strong. At your weight all you need to do is eat 150 g of protein a day (which isn't that difficult), eat 100 cal of starchy carbs with every meal, and eat lots and lots of vegetables. EASY gains especially for a newbie

Attached: CE8BC9C5-8821-40A1-8AC6-555F6DFE5B12.jpg (628x787, 93K)

>150g of protein for ~70kg body weight
That's excessive. 120g or so should be enough already.

carbs sounds easy enough but meat is kinda expensive to eat all the time
i read that without eating enough calories your body cant recover properly and you cant gain something from nothing, you would need to gain weight in order for more muscle to grow

theres no point in anything. come back when you understand this

FUCK YOU some of us buff lads find it hard to stuff all that shite down our gullets so we cheat, you big fucking sqaure.

Diet science is all bullshit anyways and full of contrarians like you, quit being faggot you're worse than a vegan

If you want to get big you have to eat a moderate amount
Seems like you need to expand your stomach, how much do you usually eat in a meal, do you skip meals?

It's worth it. You will probably make some gain if you aren't athletic currently.

What worked for me was to keep eating as before but also add a protein shake around 4pm, like an afternoon snack. You can buy cheap one from myprotein.com for example.

What's extra important is to get at least 8 hours of sleep the night of the day you lifted. Otherwise you will not gain much.

Lifting made me happy because exercise generate happy chemicals in your brain and also you become pretty, which makes you like yourself more.

Good luck user!

its not good to workout for 4 and then not for 3 days

>mon Tues ??? thurs fri
user...

like i said i usually onot eat once a day sometimes twice
on a good day i eat a decent sized meal usually dinner but its not uncommon for me to just have a sandwich and a couple cups of coffee or some fruit and a snack bar most days

yeah meat is expensive just eat it when its discounted cheap the main thing is nuts w/ protein powder both are very cheap and contain high amounts of high quality protein and fats snack on them through the day and make the protein shake thick so it doesn't feel like youre drinking alot and you'll be good

he finds it hard to eat a mere 100 grams of peanuts
again shu shu shill you are not welcomed here

Attached: Nuts.png (582x786, 21K)

>i read that without eating enough calories your body cant recover properly and you cant gain something from nothing, you would need to gain weight in order for more muscle to grow
It's not true. You need positive nitrogen balance to grow muscle and just enough carbs to allow for the muscle tissue to be constructed, which isn't a whole lot. The only people who shill this stuff are guys who don't like cutting fat. Watch this video i read that without eating enough calories your body cant recover properly and you cant gain something from nothing, you would need to gain weight in order for more muscle to grow

Attached: 6E6214B2-C9B3-44BA-9E8F-912078AA5421.jpg (424x600, 137K)

Fuck I didn't mean to paste your comment twice. Just ignore that. I'm trying to phonepost at work

Women should not be trying to lose weight.
Period.

Attached: CB61ED26-6FE3-47F3-924F-C320785B599A.jpg (1760x2800, 833K)

>dude just shove disgusting deadly shit down your throat
why do like the hardway? how cucky, I'll stick to my maximuscle protein bars and normal diet thank you, it works well for me

>What are calorie dense foods
Shit man most TV dinners are like 2000 calories alone because they are just filled to the brim with salt and shit.

is there any good way to gain muscle at home
im 5'8 and 138 pounds
i don't like going to the gym i hear too many voices
thanks i'll screenshot this and start following it from today onwards

op here, i agree that fat girls are kino do not let the op image fool you i am a dude trying to gain a little weight so that a strong breeze doesn't get the better of me and tone up enough so that i atleast wear my clothes and my clothes dont wear me
even small sized clothing is baggy as hell and not form fitting in the slightest

Attached: 1549314002142.jpg (1123x1600, 340K)

>high calorie
>salt
Go back to school

a pepperoni pizza from dominos is only like 4000kjs
if i ate a whole one i wouldn't be able to eat anything else for the rest of the day

if you just need calories, soft drink or any kind of sugar water will pack those on

having a gym membership and going to the gym gives you some kind of accountability and structure to your daily schedule, which is a big part why people do it in the first place and why many people fail working out at home

but if you want to try doing calisthenics (body weight exercises basically), something like convict conditioning unless you want to buy equipment, then just do typical starting strength or whatever
read the sticky

also your weight is normal for your height

>dude just shove disgusting deadly shit down
your throat
> I'll stick to my maximuscle protein bars
>maximuscle protein bars
>maximuscle
damn you got me

Attached: 5885067+_0f82f841cb44b92df62927fb51c7add4.jpg (326x326, 18K)

hello if anyone wants any personal fitness advice for starting out reply to me and we can pm

Attached: 59286227_2732374753445232_6685369612747407360_n.jpg (261x145, 9K)

hello I need help because I am retarded leave contact info please

Attached: fc54c98bae54ae50a04acaf7cdcbc163c46da7228874f6cc41585ed5bb94d8cd.jpg (493x517, 31K)

You'll still be more fit and energetic, and once your metabolism collapses in your mid-to-late 20s, the weight you gain will go to muscle instead of fat.

Was in almost the exact position as you 3 months ago, OP. I was 6'5", 155lbs, and couldn't eat much at all. I've been lifting and eating and am now 176lbs. The hardest part in eating more was starting out. For the first 4 days I was miserable. I had to eat smaller meals pretty much throughout the day and I constantly felt sick to my stomach. I would get hot flashes, cold sweats, I was grumpy, and each small meal I ate took me almost an hour to consume. After those few days of forcing myself to eat more, though, I stopped feeling sick and it's been smooth sailing. A huge part of what helped me get calories was milk and protein powder. I drink 1-2 liters of milk per day and that adds almost 1000 calories. Lifting has been rewarding and seeing myself gain muscle, watching my ribs vanish, my chest puff out, and my shoulders and back grow makes me feel really good. It's worth the pain of expanding your stomach, OP.

Also, what's the sauce on that pic? I want to watch a workout anime

>is there any point in lifting weights if you can't eat enough calories to gain weight?

Being exercised you retard. Go hit the gym and you will see the massive progress you make in the first few weeks.

When you begin you dont even train muscles. You train your nerve connections. You don't even realise how much behind of your potential you are when you are completely unexercised.

just roid fuck all that gym shit I'm ripped without ever stepping in a gym, still ugly though

Shut the fuck up about metabolism retard.

Use a TDEE calculater. Eat above your BMR > gain weight

Not fucking hard

PLEASE RESPOND WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS ANIME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME IM TOO RETARDED TO LOOK IT UP TELL ME

Attached: 1525915072673.jpg (456x434, 100K)

Carboload you skinny fuck and force yourself to hit the gym until you feel hungry.

Damberu nan kiro moteru you idiot. You can reverse image search without even leaving Clover now, how convenient for phone posters.

You're not wrong. It's pointless to get TOO into it if your diet is shit. Just dip your toe in.

Exercise stimulates appetite though.

What a good boy! Here's your treat!

Attached: homemade_pet_treats_l1.jpg (600x400, 37K)

Im 6 foot and i had the same problem, what i did was make sure every day I had 2-3 protein shakes and 8-12 eggs as well as my usual 3 meals a day. I would drink the eggs raw and wake up early enough to have my first shake, one after the gym, and one at night. It's a lot of work but you'll feel better about yourself

Are you calculating the amount of protein you're taking?

You don't need THAT much protein to gain muscle unless you're the Rock. Also you should get newbie gains even if you don't eat that well. And it will improve your posture and make you feel better.

You have to force yourself to eat to increase your appetite. That, and do very strenuous workouts. I know just how hard it is to eat user, I was 6' 120 pounds. It was hard for me to even eat above 1500 cals a day. But I forced myself to eat and eat and I've gained 60 pounds and my lifts are progressing steadily. It helps to run/swim too, whenever I run for ~30 minutes or swim for an hour or two I get a deep hunger in my stomach and a need to eat. You're not special and theres no special way of getting an appetite, just force yourself to eat 3k cals a day.

Alternatively, if you REALLY can't get it through your skull, then focus on high reps with low weight and tone your body and swim a lot. At least then you'll be somewhat athletic for your meager weight class.

>all these 6'0"+ chads on Jow Forums
what are you doing with your lives?

You could just go ottermode

I can only stomach thousands of extra calories by eating food with lots of fat.
I don't know if that's a terrible idea or not, to go out of my way to eat lots of fats. Just a few decades a go, that was considered recipe for a heart attack. Even now, though fats aren't as vilified, it seems to be recommended that fats be limited, especially saturated fats.

But online, all the lifting enthusiasts say that is all bullshit, and that it's actually GOOD to eat lots of saturated fat. Hell, on Jow Forums I've seen posts actually recommending anons consume as much saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium as possible.

I just want to gain weight without guaranteeing heart disease down the line but when polar opposites say they are right and the other side is wrong, and both always have research to back them up, what is one meant to eat?

you could try smoking weed, that shit'll get your appetite roaring. I'm normally skelly af but i can eat Big Smoke's entire order when those munchies kick in.

>Literally the easiest thing there is
False. For me it was always the hardest. Whilst weightlifting, if you expect to not bloatmax and destroy your body you have to eat a lot of nutritionally dense food. The chicken, pasta, and broccoli meme is real and it takes a bit of getting used to.

To give you advice OP, start eating the same way you would if you were starting lifting. One should neither lift nor eat with their ego. If you can only eat one iteration of chicken/pasta/broccoli a day, progressively eat more so as to expand your stomach. This isn't dissimilar to progressively overloading your muscles. Also
>feel like i'd be wasting my time until i can improve my appetite
You'll never make it with that attitude. Simply being at the gym means you aren't wasting time irrespective of the cals you take in.

I know you can do it user

t. 2/3/4/5