Are people you meet on discord 'real' friends

are people you meet on discord 'real' friends

Attached: images[1].png (210x240, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xYO-VMZUGo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>friends
Keep coping harder faggot

Attached: 15631326894521.png (390x527, 328K)

no they're all fake and gay while I show the real me because I'm anonymous but no one cares because the real non fake me is boring

Attached: 1563107605799.gif (112x112, 158K)

gore very scary and repulsive xDDD

Usually no. Under some circumstances yes.

I've never made a lasting friend on discord, but I'm male so I'm not exactly drowning in invites either. But try your luck, what's the worst that could happen?

yes

some of them even slit your throat

Well I would count two of them as friends. They would do anything for me and if I really needed help, drop everything and fly to visit me.

Most people put on a fake persona for their online interactions. A lot of shut-ins somehow turn into suave motherfuckers when they sit in front of a computer. Also, people online only know what you tell them, it's limited to "X said Y", there's no "X says Y but does Z" like in real life, there's no "doing", only talking and playing games at most, so you never get to see their real character, their actions.

You tell me if the friends made with those fake personas are real.

>someone at their most comfortable with little to no anxiety interfering with their communication isn't real

you are just removing something that shouldn't be in the equation to begin with, I would argue that is people at their realest.

Everyone is expendable.
No one has a real friend.

why people use discord outside of their gaming duties I have no idea

I consider some internet people friends, but I've known them for a decade

People ive known for like a year or something, no I don't consider them friends even though they might consider me one

>something that shouldn't be in the equation

That something is called accountability and since there are no actions there can't be repercussions, so it's natural that they feel more comfortable. It's inherently limited so it can't be more real. I know it's hard for robots to understand because they grew up isolated, but in the streets words prove nothing.

yes but if your only contact is through discord than probably not.. if you dont know who your talking to you arent friends.

LMAO in the streets, what nigger? If you are interacting with people who are truly your friends words quite literally have 0 repercussions, you never said nigger with your friends in real life before? I get that you can't just go out and approach random people and say whatever you want but in the context of this thread people on discord who you feel comfortable enough talking like this with and are comfortable enough talking like that with you whom you form extended relationships with can translate that relationship very easily into real life, I have met the majority of my irl friends online and there was no barrier apart from initial awkwardness for about 10 minutes. It changed nothing and if you change your behaviour entirely from how you do online to irl with people you are supposed to have a "friendship" with, that is not a real friendship online or off.

this all my friends in real I met online first usually through games or discord and we didn't change how we spoke at ALL.

Although unless you make that leap from cyberspace to this mineral world we live in its tough to consider them real friends, for me, it really depends on the person. I've met some great people who have been in my life for years online and we haven't met yet, though we talk about it all the time.

What does friend mean to you? A word do wrongfully abused. Are you like me, confused? All included but you. Alone

i think so, i don't have any friends in real life so it's the closest i can get to it, but as it is i wouldn't have it any other way
i think i could call maybe 4~ friends i've met through discord "close" in the sense that i'd comfortably confide in them with emotional matters
kind of depends how far you can stretch the word "friend" but i'd say yes

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (2048x1365, 276K)

if i was on my deathbed, theyd fly from opposite side of world to see me

I use my discord solely to talk to one person and I met him here on r9k. He's a good friend, we talk every single day. :D Its been a really long time too, I wanna meet him! But I've always been afraid of getting murdered by crazies on Jow Forums, and with this Bianca thing, I'm scared again lol

I felt today that discord friends can disappear anytime. If you like someone (and trust them) add them on another media

please add me back useless
its felloutabed#1442

>A lot of shut-ins somehow turn into suave motherfuckers when they sit in front of a computer.
this is how i feel

not user you responded to but
the problem with that response is instilling such value in physical presence and disregard for financial/pragmatic issues one may face in travelling the world
though there is a discrete difference between time spent in conversation over discord and time spent together in real life, and i can't say i wouldn't prefer the latter, i think that's a rather materialistic prospect in the way you put it user

Attached: tender.jpg (1280x1027, 519K)

this
i was scared of this regarding one of my close friends i met on here and still am quite a bit, though she promised to never abandon me and we're mutuals on instagram now so it's okay i guess

Attached: 1556513329714.jpg (712x712, 38K)

Discord seems less personal compared to how Skype/aim/msn are/were.

Back during the AIM days, and even Skype days I had loads of people I only knew on them that I considered "friends". I've been using discord for like 2 years now, I'm in like 30 servers, and there's nobody in any of them I would consider as anything remotely close to a "friend".

youtube.com/watch?v=7xYO-VMZUGo
good video regarding self-commodification and the prospect of perfection, which is rather prominent in online relationships of any kind
worth a watch if you have 10 minutes spare

Attached: shniff.jpg (320x262, 19K)

no.it's more like a "friend simulator"
you shut off your computer and the link to severed immediately. its like they dont even exist

I prefer teamspeak niggas myself

Attached: eDQvTAB.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

If you have a discord account you're a normie.

I once tried talking to some people on a discord group, I unironically felt like an ancient boomer interacting with a bunch of retarded fucking kids, despite being 25.

Like holy fuck these kids with their melodrama and non-problems.

>I once tried talking to some people on a discord group, I unironically felt like an ancient boomer interacting with a bunch of retarded fucking kids, despite being 25.
that's why you make/join servers with your own friends prior to discord
i do see what you mean though

There are people who I talk to on Discord pretty much everyday who I've known far longer from shit like Twitter, and I would consider a lot of them to be some of my best friends because I can actually open up with them far more than 90% of the people I know irl.
Basically my way of viewing the whole online vs irl friend thing is asking myself "if I knew this person irl, would be on the same level of friendship that I perceive we have online", and for a lot of the guys that I talk to, that is absolutely the case.

Doubt that's due to Discord desu. Even without servers most people online are vapid or turn vapid. Things changed these last few years, and drastically.

nobody who looks and behaves like this has anything valuable to say

"When a wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger."

this is me but at work. i take comfort in deluding myself with idea i could learn to do this talking to chicks in social settings.

I'm not the only one. I caught up with an old friend who spends way more time on random discord servers and it seems like he fucking regressed into one of those zoomers. It wasn't until 15 minutes of regular conversation that he became normal again.

I tried to and they wanted to hang out irl buy then changed their mind.

what an absolute boomer. pretending self-commodification and presenting perfection wasn't strived for at any other point in history.

Unless you meet up irl then not really

i don't see him claiming nor implying it wasn't?
it's just more prominent these days in the age of social media and the like

Been ona server for over three years with mostly the same people.
Most people are neets and all of us consider each other neets.
Women, faggots and trannies immediately get the ban hammer, so we're mostly drama free too.

Attached: ntoegcqybeo21.jpg (750x733, 103K)

Words do not mean anything.

Attached: magick shadilay.jpg (327x176, 13K)

yes
its pretty wholesome, we talk and play miencraft together. Also we talk about anime sometimes

He says self-manipulation and self-commodification, presenting a better image of yourself, is the problem with online dating. Nah nigga, that's just dating. In fact, I'd argue self-commodification has been generally been more prominent through civilized history, that the late 20th century was an aberration in terms of courtship norms, and what we're seeing now is a regression to the norm in terms of self-commodification.

Only Discord channel I've ever been in was the one for pirated Giant Bomb premium videos.

yes. one of them is even planning to kill me!

I don't know, are you my friend?

Anyone want to be discord friends? I'll tell you ahead of time if I'm going to ghost

Most people I've ever met on discord are faggy twitch/reddit tier faggots that I have a hard time actually befriending and most servers shilled here are dogshit which is why I don't join them anymore. That being said, I have made some friends over the years through discord that I talk to regularly.

Discord is still terrible but it's not totally iredeemable.

This is the truest criteria desu.
Are they willing to take meaningful real world action for you.

I've always thought the same, i've always found it ironic, but also kind of prophetic, that a place with such a name was full of shit people shitting on each other on the daily basis.

>magick shadilay
>words don't mean anything
>77
Checked
Disregard this post, we're on the same wave, the power of the spell and the people living under the word.

Your an orbiter, user.

The immense majority of people wear masks outside and adjust their personas to societal "standards". You're more likely to know them for what they are online since most of the masks are removed and there's no accountability.

Someone be my discord friend RIGHT NOW!

Are you a cute girl living in europe willing to meet if we click well enough?

I'm an ugly girl living in Europe and I won't meet you. Not close enough?

How many discord orbiters do you have already that you don't even talk to?

Well, ok, whatever, it's nice to know new people sometimes anyways, here's my discord
Ra #4109

None. I only reach out every few years when I get sick of not having any contacts. People ghost or get too busy to log on.

How old are you then? Do you not have long term friends?

I need a discord friend desu

26, and no. Long term friends are incredibly rare, treasure them if you have them. Especially online friends, since they all seem to disappear eventually.

Not him but will you treasure me I need someone to Keep me company at work I'm fucking bored

I left my contact to some of the "lonely and friendless" robots a few times, and they never show any interest or put any effort. They just ignore and eventually ghost you.
I'd be glad to talk to you if that isn't the case, but I am exhausted at this point.

I can't take this, it's eating my insides
Anyone lonely feel free to add me so we can be lonely together
I'm

Large chunk of discord users are gay furry faggots. I only use it to text my gf since my cellphone died and I'm stuck only with PC. I have my own group there I've held onto for 2yrs and theyre ok.

So many people and so many servers are just full of egotism, thats the worst problem.

Don't see why anyone would waste their time talking to a fembot over a guy unless you're open to something more than just being internet friends

What's your contact? I can add you in about 30 minutes.

Guys do the same shit to be honest, and in fact most of male robots aren't even interested in friendships, they just want a fembot to orbit.
Likewise, fembots just crave constant male attention.

You don't want a practice gf?

Sexting a girl over the internet isn't the same as a girl in real life.

I'm going down the throwaway email route first. Do a small exchange first to see if it can go anywhere at all.
It also shows if the robot actually has any interest at all.

[email protected]

[s]wiregel#3229[\s]

What's this?
I'm assuming the email-user is the one I was talking to?

This isn't me.
This is me.

Stop being thirsty faggots for once.

lmfao kek

ill be your friend

What European country are you from? F

if you meet them irl like i have then yes, but im in the UK and not a robot.

Then why are you even here on r9k?

whats a sad people discord channel i can join where i can witness someone becoming the next sadbot or e-thot killer?

only if you sodomize them