You DO know how to make basic meals for yourself, right Jow Forums? What's going to happen to you when mummy is gone?

You DO know how to make basic meals for yourself, right Jow Forums? What's going to happen to you when mummy is gone?

Attached: scrambled_eggs.jpg (3328x1872, 1.75M)

if "basic meals" means Pop Tarts and cereal, the yes.

You'll have diabetes in ten years if you don't have it already.

I live alone and prepared meals are fucking disgusting. Learning to make your own food from fresh ingredients allows you to add whatever spices and herbs you want to adjust for flavor. Too much shit in this fuckpile of a world to let everyone else make all your food for you.

plus it's cheaper.

i know how but is too much work i would rather buy it

Home made food tastes so much better that process garbage from the grocery store though. Especially fruits and vegetables from your own garden.

Lazy cookers UNITE!

Well first rule of cooking is you gotta do trial and error to know what you like. Start with a recipe online or something. I suggest soup because it's easy.

You gotta know what ingredients taste like when cooked, so you know what you want to add in the pot.

At some point youll figure out you like the taste of cooked onions in soup, cooked, garlic, cooked potatoes etc. So you'll make a soup and add these or whateve

Same thing for spices. Spices all taste like trash by themselves. You gotta combine the spices with some shit to know how it tastes like, if theres too much too little etc

Now I'm at a point where I can just make the same shit over and over again. I make soup and it's cheap and easy to do.

I think the first rule is that you must build confidence cooking. Confidence is one of the things that will make you want to experiment or not. Start with an easy recipe to learn the basics, and figure out what heat does to ingredients, and so on. You'll get a grasp pretty quick. Then when you have a grasp over the basics you can try a bunch of crap.

So for me, I like soups because it's cheap, easy to eat, and I can hardly fuck it up.

Here's my most recent recipe that I came up with and that I didnt think would end up being this good:

1/4 of cabbage
1 whole garlic
1/2 big onion
2 large potatoes
About 400-500 grams of meat (Beef, of preferably, horse (lmao))
Salt
Chili powder
Olive oil
Fine herbs mix (mix contains oregon, marjolaine, and other shit)

(1/2)

(2/2)

1.Wash all the ingredients. Chop all of this shit and put it in the cooking pot. Add enough water to cover everything. Better more water than not enough.

Bring it to a boil (max temp). When it's boiling pretty hard, leave it like that for about 1-2 minutes. When you see scum, just scoop it out.

Then, bring it back down to medium temp (4 on my oven) and let it simmer. Dont put a lid over the pot, you want the water to evaporate.

Play videogames and wait. Go check sometimes. Brew the soup as well

At some point, add a generous amount of olive oil (soup without fat is gross). Add all the spices (this is the part where you gotta taste the soup. Not enough of something, add more, etc.)

When the soup is getting thick, you gotta pay closer attentioin otherwise the bottom will burn and make your whole soup taste like burned gaarbage. So brew regularily as to not let the bottom burn.

And yeah. brew, taste, adjust, brew, then it's easy and serve. Makes one Very large soup. I eat one of these everyday.

Cooking is pretty relaxing desu. You know what you're making is healthy and adjusted to your taste, plus it's inexpensive compared to processed meals and restaurant. and also you learn a new trade.

and yeah im 23 now. when I was 17-21 all I ate was sandwiches or pizza pockets. Someday I had a really big desire to just enjoy the wind outside and eat tasty soup. So I made a soup from a youtube video.

>love to cook
>got my first gf because she found out i loved cooking
>broke up a few months later
>she still comes over to cuddle and eat my food
>the cuddling is more satisfying than the sex
my specialties are desserts and frying

Attached: 1558580958100.jpg (273x273, 7K)

How hard can it be cooking is literally just adding heat to things

Yeah bro I make some really good top ramen and toast

cooking is easy, there is no such thing as a "bad" cook, only people who can't be fucked checking to see if the food hasn't caught fire.

CORRECTION folks. 200-250 grams of beef/horse (horse in my case). Not 400-500

>grams
what is this dehuman measuring system for cooking
use real human terms for amounts

>Scrambled_eggs.jpg
I fucking hope it's not. They're GREEN. and covered in slime.

Attached: C1fLg5DUUAAce8g.jpg (1200x667, 80K)

Same. I've fucked 3 different girls just because I can make a good fucking pinwheel. Bitches love pinwheels.

???

ok. buy a pack of meat that says 475 grams on it. split it in half. I live in canada we dont use wood planks per forearm types of measurements.

My mom is just 19 years older than me and very healthy. I'll probably die of old age before her.

capped, thank you user. One day I'll take a look back in my screencaps folder and give this recipe a try.

I'm a former pro cook that worked in 1 star restaurants, user. I am without a doubt one of the most skilled cook on r9k

dont do this anons it makes a very original mustard gas

bitches love pudding pies and cream puffs and i make some badass pies and puffs

>cappping that dogshit
Yes I can heat up food and then spice and eat it. It's called not being 8 years old.

>You DO know how to make basic meals for yourself, right Jow Forums?
Only the most basic like your pic related
>What's going to happen to you when mummy is gone?
Learn to cook properly. Shes the main reason I dont know how, she "helps" and ends up taking over and then gets mad at me because I'm irritated she wont let me cook
From what little I've been able to do i can cook decently, so i have every reason to believe I'd be good at more complex stuff

If Rice meat and broth counts, yes.

>prepared meals are fucking disgusting
Idk how you do it but I add shit to pre-made food. I season canned chilli, add stuff to frozen Mac n cheese, add meat and seasonings to instant ramen, that sorta thing. It's a nice compromise til I can learn to cook proper

it's easy inexpensive and good. im a beginner cook myself but this recipe surely is a good start. it makes one massive soup and cost what, 5 bucks? 2 bucks if you remove the meat.

Yes, cooking is easy, I still think its a pain in the butt though, I like to cook big meals and freeze portions of it to eat for dinner another day.

fast food exists for a reason, user.

To slowly kill you and turn you into a fat pathetic blob incapable of fending for itself?

I love to cook. doing it in a small-ass aparment with 2 sqft of counter space is fucking irritating

My guide is much simpler than that.

Attached: survive.jpg (2004x1616, 834K)

ah yes, the floor-beans-rice with cheese and lemon pepper and bitter pills. thats a nice meal.

last week i was had nothing but vegetables and felt so weak and hungry. im not gonna be a vegetarian anytime soon.

>sugar gives you the beetus
That's saturated fat.

>he eats amerimutt fast food
yikes, user
get better food

ive been eating frozen pizzas (totinos) and chicken sandwiches for the past 5+ weeks
fry up the patties, toast the buns, and have a delicious meal
change the flavor with mayo, pepper flakes, or hot sauce

kinda. 90 of my diet is soups and chicken. I made a vat of lentils two days ago its what i will eat all week

What is this disgusting slop? Is this gunjy cringeposting?

>THERE'S NO TENDIES I'M DYING MOMMMEEE

Rikishi.

dude im jkpjipo;

Read the filename, retard. It's scrambled eggs with hot sauce. The green tint the other user mentioned is light shining through the bowl.

>beef
>eating red meat
>>preferably horse lol
Don't talk to me.

>eating horses is wrong
>eating cows is not
Absolutely sheltered first world. Kill yourself.

a FUCKING DELICIOUS bowl of scrambled eggs
gib nao

I implied that eating cow could be bad too.
>eating red meat
Pay attention. It's unhealthy and wrong.

Cholesterol is high just reading your post.

>Stash Lemon Ginger tea.
I drink that too user. It is some good shit.

Thats pretty based anonbro i hope you enjoy many more tasty soups

>wrong
Absolutely unbased and spookpilled

Cooking is easy, it's one scoop formula to 8 oz of water, heat water, test on wrist, suckle. I don't understand all the extra stuff you guys are saying.

Attached: 1557882911082m.jpg (1024x683, 121K)

yeah following recipes is pretty easy
I cook for my family pretty much every day so I feel like I contribute and less of a useless pile of scum

>rice
>frozen vegetables
>frozen chicken
Everything is going to be daijobu

Why is there fucking flour. Do i put the pills in the flour or wut. Am Confuse

you gotta be chinese

No dats confucious

>Consuming bleached flour
>Consuming that shitty brand of lemon pepper
You're doing it wrong.

I can make pasta, a normal steak, some sort of salad. I'm in no way a good cook but I could survive.

If a pinwheel is what I think it is, how can those hoes stomach all that cream cheese?

Steam brocolli for 5 mins, cook some chicken then after chicken is browned and brocolli steamed, toss brocolli into mix, stir-fry, add onions sauce and you have a nice keto meal

I know how to cook quite well, I cook for my family daily

Pasta
Oatmeal
Rice
Meat
Tuna
Vegtaples
Fruit

Im a professional fitness instructer i will be fine

And its all thanks to Jow Forums

It's perfectly fine.

Hardtack. Ships' biscuit. Etc. A cracker or biscuit. Water biscuit. Get it now?

Know how? Yep. I'm decent at cooking, and know a number of tasty recipes by heart. Problem is, I don't have the energy to cook a lot of the time. I'm single (obviously, I'm on r9k), so after a long day at work, and the commute home, I just want to throw an instant meal in the microwave.

robots do mass shootings after parents die. ex: flordia or garlic festival

i imagine most NEETs will end up homeless

I don't really know how to "cook". But I think I can still eat pretty healthy. I can eat canned fish without doing anything but opening a can. Vegetables I usually just eat raw. Nuts I just eat as they are. I usually have canned beans instead of bagged beans so I just have to heat them up for a couple minutes.

That's not to say I eat healthy now. My mom fills the house with snack cakes and cookies so I usually give in and eat that. But if my mom died I think my default foods would be okay even without cooking. It's not exciting but I don't really like eating anyway it's just something I have to do. And I'm not looking to impress girls because that's not going to happen no matter how good I am at cooking.

I can make an omelette and ramen. Like real ramen with actual chicken and vegetables. Though I'm retarded and can't cook raw chicken without smoke bombing the kitchen, it comes out fine though.

I don't know how to cook anything else.

What's it like having a young mom? How old is your father?