Is Rey based on a female archetype?

Attached: Star-Wars-8-Rey-Lightsaber-Video-Daisy-Ridley.jpg (600x316, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rsPBVG0pGFY
aboq.org/schopenhauer/parerga2/weiber.htm
youtu.be/If0GuOeCbUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, it's based on stronk independent womyn archetype

Nothing is based on a female archetype idiot.

Nah jews just wanna destroy the hero's journey

If Mary Sue counts as an archetype.

Now

No.
She is neither a Virgin, Mother, Crone, or Goddess.

Jews are killing the hero's journey

Attached: 1503154830204.png (2236x1000, 3.05M)

If propagated fantasy slag is an archetype, then absolutely

Name one character trait of Rey

Yeah, The Mary Sue.

>not a virgin
Who did she fugg? That fat old alien she sold scrap metal to on the desert planet?

She sticks her nose into business that's none of her own.

Brow furrower

No.
Slide Thread.

Attached: Abandon Ship 1.jpg (1123x842, 113K)

so how come the supernatural aid in this image is a frog?

bravery

Nope.
They tried to do warrior princess but she is not sexy enough.

Because Kek was Jow Forumss supernatural aid

Obviously Finn destroyed that white pussy with his BBC off camera.No white woman can resist getting BLACKED. People are just mad they're moving away from white male leads.

Capital V Virgin. The archetype.
Innocent, pure, the reward for the Hero.

Nope, that's why she's so boring.

oh ok
the Kajiit wasn't a shop though

Attached: heroes-journey.jpg (768x576, 108K)

Notice how Rey didn't go through this journey at all.

youtu.be/rsPBVG0pGFY

Attached: Mozart's Advice On Women.png (1918x1080, 1.68M)

no this os the female archetype:
aboq.org/schopenhauer/parerga2/weiber.htm

>is the action hero of this story based on archetypes designed to highlight women as inferior property?
are you just shooting the shit or are you unironically the kind of people who wouldn't let a girl character on the game table?

Attached: 1403866066493.jpg (1280x720, 1.51M)

Attached: 1518373748500.gif (990x919, 3.64M)

>he doesn't understand basic universal archetypes

Attached: 1510350010635.gif (158x132, 27K)

The frog has always been a symbol of chaos: Starts life as aquatic but later lives on land. Is first to die when water sources are corrupted. One of Mosses' plagues, etc.

>be a giant dyke
>wanting people to take me seriously
pick one.

I do understand basic universal archetypes. I also understand that the gender of them is not why this movie is shit. the only reason to bring it up is if you feel that the female protagonist isnt one of them is some kind of problem for fantasy and story telling.

Why do you consider women in their natural states inferior?

IIt's a men thing ,similar to men right of passige.
To stop being a boy and become man.
Women don't do this,they just grow tits.

I wish the RLM guys would be honest and review the Disney Star Wars like they did the Prequels
No one has a character in the new movies

She's "woman doing man-things" trope of the sub-category "woman does man-things, turns out to be better at doing them than men themselves, and is not even trying".

Her full name is actually Ma Rey Sue

because I'm not one of you faggots who has my head so far up my own ass I would unironically list all the things women are worse at than men up and to including parenting and then try to turn around and say "no bb u dont understnad you're speshul and equal!"

nothing makes me disrespect a man more than hearing him wax on a bout how gender equality is a myth but women are not inferior. holy shit how can anyone be so retarded? with the exception of being a good baby making ona-hole no woman is better than a man at just about anything on average. now go crack open a dictionary for once in your life and internalize that the correct word to describe that abject difference is inferiority.

>>be a giant dyke
You know the rules whore
Post em and include a timestamp

this. she's "everything works out for her in the end tho sometimes she does admittedly have to grunt a bit here and there but it's ok because she can't be hurt, she's unstoppable, she's the best, despite coming from no family of greatness or culture of greatness, she's just awesome because she's a WOMAN"

i.e. the modern female self-fantasy ((somebody)) instilled upon the women of our populace

Yeah, it's called Mary Sue

Forehead

yes, it's called the feminist's delusion

She’s supposed to be a hero but she displays every quality of a Sith. She’s arrogant, hostile, aggressive, hateful and even violent. She even becomes violent towards her own Jedi master, something Luke or Obi-Wan would never do.

And if you think they’re going somewhere with all of this you’re wrong. This is just bad writing that negates decades of Star Wars lore simply because Mary Sue is a strong empowered female

did you miss the part of my post where I said no one cares or are you just so retarded you actually think I'm going to act like a slut becuase you said so?

She's a fanfiction character in a fanfiction movie.

>"it's not the death star, it fires cluster planet-killing lasers and is bigger."
>"No, he's not Darth Vader, he's totally different and more complicated."
>"No, SHE was the chosen one this entire time, not Luke."
>"No no, she's not OP. She got captured remember? I mean, she did learn how to control minds and saber fight without any training whatsoever, but that's just her development."

Fun fact: the term Mary Sue was coined over Star Trek fanfiction.

I guess you could call this the shield-maiden archetype, only rather than being a novelty as originally intended, the point is to convince the world that all women are secretly shield-maidens, and evidently this propaganda works to the point that when women fail military courses, the lesson learned is not that maybe women are generally not cut out for that sort of activity , but that the expectations are unfairly high.

>Implying I give a single fuck about what you said
You're violating the rules bitch
Post tits or GTFO

Oh god, it's the full package. The complex, the projection, and the bilious rage. I'd explain the concept of complementary pairings but I'd rather you focus your energy on making sure you don't run out of tampons today, you seem to be rampaging through a lot of them already.

Attached: laughingsandwichman.jpg (218x265, 21K)

>the kind of people who wouldn't let a girl character on the game table?
The only time a girl character would be allowed to join the quest is if she's there to be a comfort woman and get BLACKED.

>durr do what I say.
lol heres your (you)
>hurr mu complimentary means equality meme
okay, sure buddy, thats right, oxygen is my equal, my gut bacteria is equal to me. I cant live without it so it may as well say they're equivalent and in no way inferior.

Attached: 1526667396807.jpg (242x317, 26K)

Actually, she is unconscious satire; taking the puss out of modern grrls.

One giveaway about feminists is that they see everything in masculine terms. They're nothing but dickless men wannabes.

You're inferior because society needs to constantly rearranged to make sure femoid trash can be given the illusion of equality. Women are the root of affirmative action, niggers are the only thing lower and thats why society bends over even more backwards to give them jobs via hiring incentives. You're also inferior because I could beat you up and there is nothing you can do outside of trying to punch me in the nuts.

She's the classic Super Female. No major flaws, no clear love or hate of anything, can't show here around tall strong men because that reveals the farce that is the Female Super Heroine, usually polite to the point of being a very boring character. I'm beginning to understand why everybody went nuts of My Little Pony. It is actual female characters with personality. For some reason, no movie is allowed to have such characters and they certainly could not have females with personality star along side strong, white, male, traditional characters.

TLDR: Jews ruin everything.

>She sticks her nose into business
it's hard not to

I could just stab you in the eyes really fast too. as you illuded to, vital point targeting works pretty well against overconfident sods who are so unaware of the situation theyre actually arguing with someone who agrees with them.

I should add that Mean Girls had some great moments in it because it portrayed authentic mean behavior in high school girls that was at times rather harsh as far as upper middle class living goes. It is yet another movie that has believable female characters in it. The main flaw was they went with the "freaks secretly have hearts of gold." That is as far from the truth as saying jocks lose fights to nerds. Mean girls would be iconic if Lohan's character had left the freaks behind even after all the drama. That would be a very realistic ending for a pretty girl who got sucked into the status competition. The freaks would have resented her and she would look on them with disgust and a feeling of "why did I bother with such self destructive people (losers.)" But you can't have endings like that because Jews ruin everything.

Yes, it's called a mary sue

something about her dirty greasy clothes and overall sweaty appearance leads me to believe her armpits smell like B.O. and her feet smell like dank popcorn butter and cheese.

Rey is some slapdash bullshit a terrible writer came up with without even doing a second draft when they decided to sabatoge the series and completely ignore 20 years of available material.

Attached: 1528053058473.png (822x822, 695K)

to be fair she puts a lot of dedication and training in her lightsaber skills
youtu.be/If0GuOeCbUQ

No. They could have gone with a Hero's Journey Arc for Rey. Instead they chose to make her a Mary Sue who can whup the ass of a Jedi trained by Luke Skywalker the first time she turns on a light saber. There's nothing compelling or interesting about this character. I could'a lived with Rey as a female Luke Skywalker expy. Hell, I'm willing to accept "stronk female womyn" in settings plot related magic bullshit makes them as capable as the men. See Wonder woman or Black Widow. ( You can't tell me Nat doesn't have some variant of the Super Soldier serum running in her veins considering she has to be in her 50's and sill looks like she does.)But Ray is basically what would happen if you dropped Superman into a Batman story in the Batman role. Supes can pretty much solve all the problems Bats would struggle with because hes an invunerable superfast, superstrong alien who can see and hear through walls. Rey might be interesting in a setting where she was just pone of a bunch of characters like her, where she would have to struggle to succeed. But she isn't. Whatever you cna do, she can do better. Lightsaber fighting? Please, she beat Kylo Ren AND Luke Skywalker. Fixing shit? She fixed the Millennium Falcon by pulling out a random component in the cockpit. Chewie and Han have struggled for years to keep it running properly. Starship Piloting? Furk Year, Rey flew the Falcon better than Han Solo the first time she was at the controls, better even! There's nothing the character can't do, no obstacle she can't overcome. And that makes her boring as shit. I think part of the reason Rain Johnson sidelined her for the entirety of the Last Jedi was if she showed up during the slo motion Bronco Chase that is the main plot, she would have just fixed everything simply by being there, because that's her magic Force power.

/tv/ is down the hall and to the left

Ray is the death of the franchise.

No also sage

Yes.

No