Hey friends, I'm about to plug my speakers in and play some tunes. Can we have a song thread...

Hey friends, I'm about to plug my speakers in and play some tunes. Can we have a song thread, but this time we actually hand out some (you)s?

Attached: heh, I'm in yer coffee, anon.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ujcaF6fNhss
youtube.com/watch?v=4CLUHlYcLbk
youtu.be/62RvnXZgHwQ
youtu.be/MzVKsltzYdI
youtube.com/watch?v=mXr3QPEAGuo&t=1238s
youtube.com/watch?v=mqexThzOOC0
youtube.com/watch?v=qjMruz9tJAc
youtube.com/watch?v=vOcbEL2CT_w
youtu.be/PAK5blgfKWM
youtube.com/watch?v=FhwPtxbU9-A
youtube.com/watch?v=04rnIete90I
youtube.com/watch?v=P7oNS6IPpp4
youtube.com/watch?v=6J9ayHYClw8
youtu.be/xZqhSRSXqAw
youtu.be/EWHaG_uCvEA
youtu.be/cn9lf5zG4-g
youtu.be/L5zVtifGxQE
youtube.com/watch?v=buYrBbwyCGE
youtube.com/watch?v=nUfdH-Y1yjw
youtube.com/watch?v=oOtlj0ZgTPI
youtube.com/watch?v=MXB6T55oytE
youtube.com/watch?v=TlZ3yCtsEFc
youtube.com/watch?v=YZstUnhT6eI
youtube.com/watch?v=T2kOj-GFN8k
youtube.com/watch?v=0WcBMP32SP4
youtube.com/watch?v=3IVQOMLW_4w
youtube.com/watch?v=hqDMn3rnBUY
youtube.com/watch?v=0TD0auUqbeg
youtube.com/watch?v=urixQ-eAo_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=5nsc8GV07q4
youtube.com/watch?v=2onha6PhFOE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixb28fpTjCU
youtube.com/watch?v=kaDMYqUbOPU
youtube.com/watch?v=OkMLYNWP-yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first up, spotify recommended me some good songs for the first time in a while. Here's two of them I really liked.

youtube.com/watch?v=ujcaF6fNhss

youtube.com/watch?v=4CLUHlYcLbk

Does anyone like folky music or whatever this is called?

youtu.be/62RvnXZgHwQ
youtu.be/MzVKsltzYdI

i cant stop listening to this album ever since i found it 3 days ago
youtube.com/watch?v=mXr3QPEAGuo&t=1238s

oh damn, I almost got scared off by the super long intro, but I'm really liking it from about 5 minutes in so far. It's actually really similar to the other songs by the second artist I linked. I really like the sorta-metal sound they've both got.

yes. Trying this next

Attached: haha.png (410x596, 316K)

alright, back. I think the first one is too focused on the lyrics themselves for me to enjoy it (I'm REALLY bad at following song lyrics for some reason). I really liked the second one though. It's sweet.

I think the "sound" is the polar opposite of what you've posted, but johnny hobo is the best song writer I've heard. Might have heard him already, but here:
youtube.com/watch?v=mqexThzOOC0

now where are my (you)s

Attached: bit happy, actually.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Coaltar of the Deepers are getting stuck in my head once again
youtube.com/watch?v=qjMruz9tJAc
That second song sounds really shoegaze for a blackgaze band. Have Alcest changed their sound or it's just that song? I still haven't heard all of Shelter

Attached: soundofhopelessness.png (643x900, 869K)

the intro is the best part imo, i love the mantra epic gloomy atmosphere it gives off, my only gripe with the band is that i dont enjoy the vocals in some parts but everything else is great and its hard to find something that gives the same feel
youtube.com/watch?v=vOcbEL2CT_w

The yous like in hell. Glad you liked it, and Johnny Hobo sounds pretty good. Counter recommend, have you heard the Alabama Song?

youtu.be/PAK5blgfKWM

>have alcest changed their sound
haha, nah. I doubt it. I listened to basically their entire discography on my walk today. I love the contrast of the angry french man and melodic language. It's the exact sound I'm always looking for, actually. I'll be studying to that soon. I DO really like shoegaze though. Just found the genre a month ago, lmao (I'm kinda bad at this).

yeah, I really like the atmosphere they created with it, I just get weirded out by purely atmospheric noise machine type stuff

Attached: ana akko.png (695x943, 396K)

do they need to have lyrics tho?

Attached: hmmm.jpg (374x374, 15K)

i have about 40 different type of music playlists because i listen to damn near any genre. do you have a preferred genre that you would want me to post, OP?

I don't know other French blackgaze bands, but have you listened to An Autumn For Crippled Children?
youtube.com/watch?v=FhwPtxbU9-A
Also, throw me some shoegaze bands you listen to and maybe I'll rec you something

Attached: playinginthesunlight.jpg (840x1188, 408K)

nah, don't worry about it, ponderin' batman.

I wont try to pass the lad off as obscure, but he puts out peak comfy piano type music:

youtube.com/watch?v=04rnIete90I
youtube.com/watch?v=P7oNS6IPpp4

seriously anything by this dude is great when it feels pretty bad, man.

I really like the sound, but I don't think I like what they're trying to do with the vocals. Everything cuts out to put a focus on them, I guess. Found true widow yet?

Attached: feeling a bit despondent.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

spam what you're listening to lately, you know. Just toss the other posters some (you)s

play this with the volume up

youtube.com/watch?v=6J9ayHYClw8

AHHHH I'M TRYING TO GIVE EVERYONE (you)s BUT THERE'S SO MANY SONGS HELPPPP

(lol)

>blackgaze
new term for me. You've given me a gift, if that's what this sound is. I like it, based girlwithaviolin poster

>Lyrics?
>nah, don't worry about it, ponderin' batman.
Very well then, then here's my share
youtu.be/xZqhSRSXqAw
youtu.be/EWHaG_uCvEA
youtu.be/cn9lf5zG4-g
youtu.be/L5zVtifGxQE

Attached: krimsonoverdrive.jpg (512x288, 29K)

alright, just pls dont bully me for my shit musical taste
youtube.com/watch?v=buYrBbwyCGE
youtube.com/watch?v=nUfdH-Y1yjw
youtube.com/watch?v=oOtlj0ZgTPI
youtube.com/watch?v=MXB6T55oytE
youtube.com/watch?v=TlZ3yCtsEFc
youtube.com/watch?v=YZstUnhT6eI
youtube.com/watch?v=T2kOj-GFN8k
youtube.com/watch?v=0WcBMP32SP4

don't worry about it. I listen to a wide variety of music. usually rock when I am driving and stuff like this while I am at home

youtube.com/watch?v=3IVQOMLW_4w

finally climbed my way back up to this one. You've actually got a super specific sound you're after. I'm impressed. It's kinda the antithesis of the sound I'm after though, lmao.

now where are the (you)s, user? :P

I'll try some of these.

Attached: Did I hear that right.png (400x400, 159K)

>Everything cuts out to put a focus on them
Yeah, they tend to that and it takes a while to get used to it, but they don't sound always like that. Actually, it's pretty hard to define their sound
They could sound like that or like this
youtube.com/watch?v=hqDMn3rnBUY
or even like this
youtube.com/watch?v=0TD0auUqbeg
But overall really solid band
You listened to Alcest, but didn't know about blackgaze?
Well, listen to all of An Autumn For Crippled Children's stuff, they're great. Some people would also suggest the two last Deafheaven albums, but Lantlos are basically the same but better paced
youtube.com/watch?v=urixQ-eAo_Q
Also, a bit unrelated and really noisy, but give this a try
youtube.com/watch?v=5nsc8GV07q4

Attached: qt.jpg (960x720, 140K)

>bully is bullying me about blackgaze
haha, I'm at the mercy of spotify recommendations. I usually just find a sound I like from that and rabbit hole into whatever genre google says it is. Just found alcest today. My search has just begun : )

Here's a track I'll recommend seemingly forever: youtube.com/watch?v=2onha6PhFOE Its very comfy and only heard about it by luck while browsing /mu/. Album is also pretty good.

Coaltar of the Deepers? That's quite a name, will listen to them.

Completely forgot Alcest exist, they were on every blackgaze/ shoegaze chart ever, always wondered what they were like.

Attached: 57.jpg (1200x974, 146K)

oh shit, I really like the first one you linked. It actually sounds kinda similar to Metric. I love what they did with the album cover too. What a cool idea.

On A Clear Day You Can See Forever by The Peddlers is a very chill you should check it out

Been listening to BabyMetal recently. Megitsune and Karate are pretty great

>bully is bullying me about blackgaze
I-I didn't mean to do that, s-sorry.
The bands I suggested you are the ones that are always recommended to start, but I don't know much more about blackgaze. Keep digging and you'll find the sound you're looking for
But friend, I had already recommended them to you that one time we talked about Boris. The best starting point is probably Yukari Telepath, but their sound changes from album to album and all of their EPs are worth a listen if you like their albums
Also, that song you lined is pretty nice, really twee pop-ish
>pic
What kind of stuff does Starbo play? I'd say trance
Unfortunately most of their electronic sounding stuff is a bit harsher than that, but give that whole album a listen
BabyMetal get more hate than what they deserve just because of the idol aesthetic. Megitsune is pretty good

Attached: kotomirest.jpg (707x1000, 520K)

theres just too many youtube links here for me to listen to them all, i love angra
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixb28fpTjCU

I know, mate. I'm really trying not to disappoint any (you)s here, but I'm afraid it's going to be impossible not to.

Ah, sorry as I hadn't listened to it - usually I'm more on top of that thing, sorry for my sloppiness. I'll go listen to it whence this album finishes.

(you) right, i am disappointed

>them horns
another user is getting rec'd the based hobo and you can't stop me! (The only similarity is literally the fucking horn, but I love the guy and if you haven't heard him you should).

youtube.com/watch?v=kaDMYqUbOPU

I actually really liked the song btw, thanks.

I don't speak any Japanese other than what I learned from Filthy Frank, and I only just started watching anime this past week.
I prefer Russian, but the Russians don't have any great cartoons

That said, ice known BabyMetal and Dir En Grey for a while, and they are pretty great

About half-way through Yukari Telepath - far better than what I was expecting, there was a point after getting into shoegaze and listening to it continuously that I got pretty sick of it. Really nice revisiting the genre to find something you like, and this is on another level really. I'm going to listen to 'The Visitors From Deepspace next'.

Attached: 18.png (2000x1880, 576K)

I think this dude is pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=OkMLYNWP-yo