Defend this, Jow Forums

Attached: jd5ik8uzhx111.jpg (750x1334, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7bYaQgdOHbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What was it for?

drinks

ten bucks for fifteen minutes of work is more than fair

why would I defend a drunktard? pay the bill, degenerate

I'd assume the person had been tipping as the drinks arrived and this amount was just above that. Either that, or he got a really fucking expensive bottle, and why should he tip more than $10 just because the wine was expensive?

fake news

Of course it is. All photos of bad tips are fake.

Why do they deserve $150 for simply bringing shit to them?

but who was phone?

I can't, tipping shouldn't fucking exist.

This.

Waiters shouldn't expect whatever percent of a $1500 bottle. How fucking dumb are waiters?

Kek

As I said already, if this was for a full night of drinks, the customer was probably tipping the server cash all along. I do this just to get better service.

Wat? They got 10 dollars ya dingus.

Anyone who works in the service industry knows what they are getting into. If your sole purpose is to carry liquid in a bottle or glass 10 feet across the bar then you need to re-evaluate your life if you think you deserve any sort of tip.

And of course the faggot omitted the top part of the receipt which would have shown this. Entitled cunt thought he won the lottery just because someone happened to buy an expensive bottle while sitting at his table.

I ask un-ironically "But who was phone"?

Yes and the op is implying he should deserve more.

their name is phone/?

Defend what?
You should defend the disgusting tipping system.
You pick up a plate and/or a glass, walk 20m then put it down on a table and you expect money for that (beside your wage)?!?! Why?!

And when you get 10$ for 5 minute work, which is almost a hour wage by the way, you come here to complain? What would you do in countries where tipping is an insult?! Kill yourself?

Attached: restaurant-tipping-mr-pink.jpg (560x304, 21K)

>tipping

Attached: 0e7.jpg (600x619, 32K)

behead all those who expect tips

>I'm useless to society and decided to finally contribute by doing a job that children and monkeys can do and I expect a tip for this job that children and monkeys can do on top of my salary that I'm already receiving for doing my job that children and monkeys can do

Never tip.

But who was Phone?

Also lol expecting $300 tip on delivering one bottle of wine to a table.

THIS IS WHAT WAITERS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

You guys are aware that waiters get paid 2.13 per hour, right? We need tips to live.

Neat, ten FREE dollars.

That bill is crazy though, must be a nice place.

Go flip burgers then

>you spent a lot so i should get a large tip
When did waitresses become commission based?

>What is FLSA
That's literally illegal, and doesn't happen.
If a company actually only gave any of their workers $2.13/hr, they would get sued so hard and so fast that the money flying out of the owner's bank account would make a sonic boom.

That sucks. Did they at least leave you an extra hundred bucks on the table somewhere?

man i deliver pizzas
idgaf how much the total is i'm just happy to get a few bucks

If you get no tips, your wage goes up to minimum. Stop lying

Anyone have that image that showed that some 14 year old working on a construction site got the equivalent of $40 an hour?

Most bars and clubs automatically add like 18% gratuity to the price of drinks. But the POS system still has a gratuity line if you want to add more.

>serve a $100 drink
>serve a $2 drink
same amount of effort, a waiter should be tipped based on how much effort they put forth, not how much the bill was.

Well get a better job faggot

All trades have hazards.

>I opened your $1,200 bottle of champagne and demand a $300 tip!

he's asking why they deserve 10% you abject fucktard

I think the question should then become, if they only opened the bottle, should they get any pay at all?
Same with builders who just lay bricks. They didn't make the bricks, or even deliver them, just put them in another place. Should they really receive a wage for that?
You could ask that about shop workers who sell things they didn't make or buy. I don't think they deserve a wage for that.

Fuck off retard, laying bricks takes some skill and a lot of work. Popping a cork of a bottle is a monkey tier task and takes 5 seconds.

>tipping
give your money to people that you actually want to give it to.

>Anyone who works in the service industry knows what they are getting into. If your sole purpose is to carry liquid in a bottle or glass 10 feet across the bar then you need to re-evaluate your life if you think you deserve any sort of tip.

/thread

They act like carrying shit for a few feet and writing orders down should give them 15%. I'm glad ipads are replacing most of them.

Attached: jlkjlkj.jpg (836x486, 61K)

>laying bricks takes some skill and a lot of work.
I think you're just making excuses for your valueless "job".

Where I live they make $12.20 plus tips.
My friend's gf buys new cars with cash from tips from working at a busy bar.

Attached: Claire Gerhardstein.webm (404x720, 951K)

butthurt waiter detected

Do we tip robot waiters?

Attached: 1-7jucwjZrcpb1UQXqeB1tuw.jpg (1000x667, 132K)

Fuck talk about a throwback, thanks lad

I love how they've given up on even attempting to sign it because of how many fakes are caught out because the signature and charges handwriting matches.

youtube.com/watch?v=7bYaQgdOHbQ

Attached: sAqM8EJ.gif (320x240, 334K)

There was a whole episode about it in the latest X-Files season.

Tipping is such a load bullshit, that "gratituity" shit should just be a row of big, fat ZEROES. Get a real job you fucking chimps.

should have put 0.00.
Fuck tipping.

I work at Bonefish Grill and I make 2.13 an hour. It really is a thing.

Then you are retarded.

What would a robot even do with money?

Why the fuck should some big tittied slut make hundreds of dollars for just bringing some rich niggers overpriced alcohol?

Look, I totally get where you guys are coming from. I'm currently working as a server but also help out in the kitchen, The problem isn't a bad tip, it's the fact that the system is set up to where we depend on the tips in order to make a legal wage. We get paid 2.13 an hour because (((corporate))) expects others to pay our wages. I think that's pretty fucked up and I'm not one of those waiters that gets mad when I receive a bad tip. Like other anons said, I knew what I was getting into and it's an INCREDIBLY easy job. Working in the kitchen is much harder and you make significantly less. I can't wait to get out of the restaurant industry, but just think about this next time you're eating out. If the waiter is shitty and has a bad attitude, they don't deserve any tip. But if the person is actually making an effort to provide you a comfortable dining experience, the least you can do is give a decent tip considering they get paid 2.13 an hour. That's all I'm saying.

Attached: 1511768269492.jpg (800x792, 74K)

Audible kek

>phone
>but who was phone?

Why is your last name Phone?

I thought there was no min wage in us?

>implying that Jow Forums cares about degenerates
reminder that drinkers also hang on the day of the rope

Attached: 39127877_507.jpg (992x558, 51K)

A $10 tip? That's very generous.

employer is required to make up the difference to meet up minimum wage if tips earned in a week put you at below minimum wage

>inb4 cuck explains he doesn't have the spine to enforce that aspect of his employment contract or local labor laws

Attached: 37 Accounts of Rape - Captain Sternn.jpg (500x411, 34K)

>2018
>drinking the liquid Jew

If you ever tip more than a few dollars or tip even if service was bad (I once had a waitress completely forget our order until we reminded her over an hour later and the people I was with still wanted to give her a tip) you are a gullible idiot. I know lots of people who have worked as waiters and they all made upwards of $30 an hour because of tips, and that's in casual restaurants not even expensive ones. Ever notice how the "standard expected tip" has slowly risen over the past couple of years? It used to be that decent service was a 15% tip. Now it's 20% MINIMUM, regardless of the quality of the service. And if they get your order right and ask you "if everything is okay" at least once they feel like they should get 30%. That's not even to mention how ridiculous it is in the first place that tips are calculated as a percentage of the cost of your meal when the amount of labor they have to perform doesn't scale with how expensive your order is. Waiters are laughing all the way to the bank because of how gullible people are about tipping.

Wow, a $10 tip? That's really generous. I never tip more than £5.

Ho-lee sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

What did the person do to earn nearly 300$ in tips on that bill? 10$ is reasonable

>1453
Constantinople was an inside job, Turkish guns can't melt Theodosian walls

I gotta go with this. If I ever want to eat at a fairly decent restaurant, I always get it to go.

Can’t wait for robots to take this useless job. They will not bitch about tips or fuck my order up.

I knew a kid at school from thailand named Thatsaphone , not pronounced that way, but thats how it was spelled.
Poor cunt copped it.

>oooh, it's the SYYYSTEM!
And instead of resisting the bourgeois swine that fucks you over, you are recouping it on the ordinary people that may be more fucked than you. What a fucking trash.

A bar i work at has to give the bartenders 10 percent of their sales.

Any restaurant that is going to let you run a $1463.93 bill is going to automatically charge you an automatic 18% gratuity well before that.

You are a fucking retard if you accept that wage in a civilised country.

Why would I tip a waitress at all unless she gives me her number and will be sucking my dick after her shift?

I wish I could but there's zero reason to defend tipping.

Buy their freedom from the oppressors?
They have minimum wage, they're just not happy that it's "so low." They also spend almost their whole budget on welfare while making fun of other countries for doing the same.

Bad waitress

percentage based gratuity is dumb.

you should get a better service tip because I decide to buy more expensive goods.

FLAT RATE TIPS

shouldn't*