Why are Americans satisfied with living in single story houses?

Why are Americans satisfied with living in single story houses?

Little more than a cuckshed if you ask me.

Attached: tucson-mortgage-housing-1[1].jpg (1280x849, 249K)

one house in the usa is probably 4x bigger than a house in the uk while costing less

how is this news or political?
Did you read the rules?
Try Jow Forums or Jow Forums

Some ranch houses can be like 4000 square feet

dont reply to this guy newfag. he is eternally butthurt about the US.

most Americans have shit taste and live like animals, most of them dont even eat dinner with their families

housing is inherently political

More efficent to cool and heat.
Wide open layout.
Larger plots of land.

Width of the house is more important if you're fat

Gets hot af upstairs senpai, especially in FL/AZ type climates

Also, old people and their knees

Attached: A7F67210-746E-46AF-BE87-BBE599561205-13973-00000DF1D1FF4B2D.gif (374x348, 2.51M)

after living in 2 and 3 story homes most of my life I prefer a ranch it's just more sensible

why do brits not live in free standing structures?

We're too fat to climb stairs

They don't want to burn excess calories with stairs.

If the rancher has 2000 or more square feet, it has more useful floor space than one with two floors... Since there's less room taken up by stairs.

Attached: 62c9505232b3a9ee7bda821bb95fc79b4fe31b9de5434a9bf03652f4523abe41.jpg (117x125, 2K)

More proof we live in a simulation

It's inefficient too as you would have more yard if you distributed your living space in two floors.
>muh costs to hire builders
What's stopping you from building it yourself?

That garage is bigger than anything you'll ever be able to afford in your sharia hell hole.

i live in a double storey place. the stairs are a pain in the ass. keep on forgetting something on a different floor.

American houses look like saunas

Maintaining a multistory house sucks, and we've got space for big single story homes.

I legit have thought about building/buying myself a cuckshed in my backyard just to have somewhere to relax without kids and wife around.

Why cant you use your garage

fucking anglos fuck you
"story"
"floor"
retarded double-meaning words

Single story houses are cheaper to construct. Also young families prefer single stories, it's perceived safer because Americans are programmed to be pessimists.

America has big, so you can have a large acreage with plenty of room for your house to sprawl, building a tiny narrow but very tall building is unnecessary.

Looks like las vegas. Its the southwest in any case, old people out here don't like staircases, but can you, a fuck toothed cuck brit really criticize anyone at this point? How ironic. Keep eating Muhammad's cock...

Dude...they are forcing your boys to wear skirts to school and you could be tossed in the clink if you post about in wrongthink terms. You have bigger worries than what kind of houses we have over here. Go to Downing Street on Saturday. Bring a brick.

single story houses are common in the southwest because it costs more to air-condition 2 story house--that's my intuition anyways

>he says, from the glorified double wide flat he shares with three refugees

>Maintaining a multistory house sucks

Taking in consideration how you build your homes I wouldn't be surprised

You can always build up when you own land. Hard to build out...

White Americans don't maintain their houses. They're treated as consumables. Which is why there's more renters now then there were home owners.

Single story home owner. Fuck stairs. Fuck moving furniture up and down stairs. Did that shit in an apartment. Never again

Whats the point of building up, if you can build out?

Is there some secret to two story houses that I have missed?

Single Story is the way to go every time, especially if you're going to be talking big.

A mid-century ranch style home with 8,000 square feet all SINGLE STORY is far far better than some fly-by-night suburb pop-up with neighbors being less than a meter away or every single 2-story home being exactly the same.

For fucks sake no one should live in planned neighborhoods or suburbs, it's a cancer.

Go out there buy 50 acres, build an 8,000 sq foot home SINGLE STORY and live like your ancestors in freedom and privacy.

Attached: 1527526618029.jpg (345x336, 214K)

How csan brits live in a house that is pretty much a long massive big building. No privacy whatsoever.

Probably needs a special loicens to get a detached building

Attached: UK housing.jpg (976x472, 293K)

>implying you could ever build a modern house that is up to standard to housing regulations by yourself
Stop the larp faggot

US hosuing regulations are a joke.
My dad just stood up his nice farm house with just him and some help from my grampa and uncles. Granted all of them have some experience here but theyre not professionals

>yfw the drywall is the property line

Attached: 1527270714820.jpg (1284x980, 389K)

walking up and down stairs is literally japanese sardine slave tier

rich people walk to the other side of their completely level manor, or you know, ride the elevator

It's common for Finnish people to build their own houses. I even know one 70 years old that did it a few years back. The fact that foreigners can't do it is simply more proof of our superiority

More affordable with AC in the summers.

Why not use a segway? You're rich aren't you?

1st floor GLA > 2nd floor GLA

while adding a 2nd floor is a cheaper way to add to a homes GLA, homes with a larger 1st floor are superior in terms of functionality and design.

>t. real estate appraiser

I've lived in 2 stories and was tired of always going up and down the stairs. I'm fit and in good shape but it's annoying.

So you can have a nice garden.

Single story houses are houses for people who are getting older because they know stairs will be bad for their knees and can eventually cause a big accident when they become frail.

You could bully seppos about sprawl but in itself single story houses are actually pretty comfy desu.

It’s also nice when you get older because vacuuming stairs is harder for grandmas.

That looks like Las Vegas or Arizona. A double-story house of the same square footage would cost more to cool because cold air drops. Since it is in the desert the likelihood of needing to keep the heat on all winter is pointless so why heat the ceiling? Those stucco homes with the clay roofs are quite efficient. Going that size at two-stories would just be a cucktower.

>Go out there buy 50 acres, build an 8,000 sq foot home SINGLE STORY and live like your ancestors in freedom and privacy.
enjoy your 1hr commute each wasy unless you are a millionaire

do your people live in shit holes like this?

Attached: images.jpg (286x176, 11K)

Yes. It's a lot cheaper to cool/heat and I don't want all that wasted space. Vegas ranch style houses are comfy.

Attached: 89106-single.jpg (720x480, 78K)

single story is more accessible to old or disabled people

This sort of thing terrifies me. One retarded starts a grease fire and the entire neighborhood burns down.

It's easier to get around on a scooter. You can't climb stairs on a scooter.

Yes, same in south of France.

seems normal to me, what the fuck are you complaining about
or are you out of things to complain about shitstain

Attached: n4PbBGT.png (500x885, 429K)

there are many reasons, but I'm not even going to waste my time lecturing an idiot

Attached: 1950s style ranch house.jpg (2000x1333, 576K)

That is a receipe for hideous monstrosities, and it already hit the US suburbs pretty hard in the early 2000s. The result of that approach of reinventing one's house to make the most out of the land that it sits in is called a McManson.