Why are therapists useless?

>pay therapist $200 a month to listen to me explain how I hate my job (only way my parents would leave me alone)
>it doesn't help at all

Why are therapists stupid? Btw it isn't a waste of money i'm really just flushing money down the toilet to keep my parents from harassing me

Attached: original-11844-1400866694-11.jpg (636x479, 42K)

they aren't stupid
but they are normies
just don't tell them anything about your political leanings or anything crime-related at all
this includes Jow Forums
and any drug use
don't even tell them you went out drinking for a weekend or two
also, you probably won't tell them any of your deepest secrets, like if you are still a virgin, or your fetishes
in other words, therapists/psychologists are pointless/useless
besides, when I won't even tell my deepest shame and feelings to my close friend who I would put my life into his hands, then how do they expect us to get out of our shell in any other way

seriously, the only one I can imagine opening up to would be a virgin girl who I had known for quite some while and loved, and only after we had sex for the first time
that would unironically fix me too, I am 100% sure
but it won't ever happen now...been holding out my entire life

Attached: 1517789086612.jpg (314x450, 29K)

i'll be your therapist, i'll make you pay way less and i'll use that fucking money holy fuck

>just don't tell them anything about your political leanings
Yeah that would fuck me so horribly

Yeah but my parents will harass me over and over if they don't see that charge in the bank account they specifically set up basically for that purpose
(I have 2 other bank accounts they don't see)

My dad thinks i am mentally ill because i don't like wageslaving

>pay therapist $200 a month
Answered your own question there didn't you. And you did it for free too.

You are seeing the wrong therapist. My first therapy was also shit because the therapist didn't get me. Aside of the right therapist, a therapy requires you to be emotionally ready to do therapy. And the whole "I am just doing that for my parents" mindset is not the one that allows a therapy to work.

Having sex with a virgin girl won't fix you. Your self-esteem issues won't disappear. You'll be jealous and suspect her to look at other guys until you destroy the relationship. If you rely on another eprson to magically fix you, you WILL be disappointed.
Opening up can be learned. And opening up doesn't mean people will be able to hurt you. Just means you allow people to help you heal. They cannot help you without allowing them to.

God imagine answering to your parents like some tiny crying microbitch

Attached: 3D-Edible-Thomas-The-Tank-Engine-Cake-Topper.jpg (279x400, 16K)

But i'm paying so my parents will leave me alone

It stops them from harassing me. It's worth paying it. I don't answer to them at all

>You are seeing the wrong therapist. My first therapy was also shit because the therapist didn't get me. Aside of the right therapist, a therapy requires you to be emotionally ready to do therapy. And the whole "I am just doing that for my parents" mindset is not the one that allows a therapy to work.
The problem is i hate wageslaving

I've done it over 1,000 times. It's just a horrible thing to do. So, i can't imagine it's even possible to make this torture somehow enjoyable

>My dad thinks i am mentally ill because i don't like wageslaving
lol, that is going to be the new "incel" meme
work-shy
work-aversive
contribution-neglective
non-participatory-male
non-committed wage worker
yeah, no, you are wrong
first of all, I have tried opening up before and it helped zero, nada
as far as self-esteem issues goes, of course intimacy, emotionally and sexually, would boost my self-esteem, thus my entire mood
>you WILL be disappointed
will I? will I be horrendously disappointed in falling in love and having a girl fall in love with me and sharing intimate details about our lives and our sexual preferences?
yeah, it sounds horrible
yeah, it sounds like it would make me into a broken human being

I think you have more problems than hating wage-slaving. You are here after all.

Then you still might have had the wrong therapist or approached therapy in the wrong way.
Sex doesn't magically fix you. It never does. And unless you honestly accept yourself you will not be able to lead a happy relationship. You will self-sabotage and hurt yourself, your partner and become more bitter in the end. Because relationships are hard work. And low self-esteem will make you freak out at the first sign of troubles.
Btw. being confident also boosts your chances to FIND someone who loves you. We all feel attracted to confident men&women because they can enrich our lives instead of making it more complicated.
If you are self-confident enough to not be scared of non-virgin girls, you will be fine.
I assure you, there is nothing to fear. You will not disappoint. She will not judge or compare you if she loves you. And you still need to explore each other, since no relationship is the same.

>only friend is Jow Forums internet friend
>he sees a therapist and a psychiatrist regularly and has for years
>tells me it's so helpful
>he bitches about his life problems so I bitch about mine too
>tells me that only therapy will help
He's always going on about "dude you need therapy". But the big cosmic ironic punchline here is that he isn't any better than he was before he started therapy! I knew him years ago, I know him now, he is the same! He's still a reclusive unemployed drug addicted depressed man. I want to say "therapy didn't make you any better, why should I bother with it" or something along those lines but I don't want to say something that harsh to him.

Maybe it prevented him from becoming worse. And that actually is quite a lot already.

>If you are self-confident enough to not be scared of non-virgin girls, you will be fine.
I am disgusted with them. not interested in the sexual preferences a woman has gained from her previous boyfriends
>I assure you, there is nothing to fear.
again, not afraid
>You will not disappoint. She will not judge
don't care
>if she loves you.
don't care if a non-virgin whore loves me
>And you still need to explore each other, since no relationship is the same.
ok? why did you even feel the need to mention that
you forgot to say that the sun is warm and that there is oxygen on earth
>Sex doesn't magically fix you. It never does.
and yet it does
it's literally proven that sex with a loved one not only helps a lot with the human condition, but is the most powerful anti-depressant in the world
>And unless you honestly accept yourself you will not be able to lead a happy relationship. You will self-sabotage and hurt yourself, your partner and become more bitter in the end.
yeah, I have no problem with myself
it's the 40 year old worn out whore I have a problem with, but, please, proceed with your bait, good sir

Whatever dude. Go to youtube and listen to Daniel Mackler, he talks about why therapists suck. Then for useful self-help listen to Tony Robbins, Eckhart Tolle, Abraham Hicks, Margaret Paul, and Bashar/Darryl Anka.

Attached: t3_5ybw50.png (540x385, 281K)

This disgust is just the manifestation of your insecurity. But it is ok. Maybe it helps you to know that even virgins have sexual preferences because they masturbate. If you find a girl who had 1-3 sexal relations before, chances are high that you still can surprise her and explore new things. You are you, after all, and unique.
Sex is an antidepressant, but not if you combine it with anxiety, insecurity and feelings of "disgust" towards women's sexuality.
You have issues. And bad ones. For you women are either the holy virgin or a whore. Not people, just one stereotype or the other. How could you find love with such a narrow world-view?

your virginity is showing
it's a fact that most women have little to no sexual drive and that their sexual fetish is being desired through men's sexual fetishes and pleasure

>this includes Jow Forums
>and any drug use
>also, you probably won't tell them any of your deepest secrets, like if you are still a virgin, or your fetishes
Being a virgin is a "deepest secret"? I don't brag about it but if anyone were to ask me about it I'd just say it. I think it'd come up pretty quickly in therapy, wouldn't it? Aren't they going to ask about your relationships with others in the first session?

Jow Forums use and drug use are parts of my problems and I thought I was supposed to actually talk about my problems. Is this some secret social understanding that I'm supposed to pretend my problem is... something else, or something
I don't want to go into this if it's all just some social game, where the goal is just to say the right combination of words in order to get a referral to a psychiatrist in order to get a prescription for a drug you enjoy, where it's just secretly understood you aren't actually supposed to talk and legitimately better yourself.

It is nice being desired. But I assure you women have a sexual drive. Main reason why many young women seem to have none is because they feel uncomfortable with themselves. And insecure. And because they fear being called a whore if they admit to having a sex drive. Because it freaks you guys out since you always fear you would not be enough to satisfy this need.

As to my status: If it is virginity, then you soon will have a new Jesus to worship. Rejoice!

I'm no expert but the couple of people I know who have done therapy have all become much worse.

Maybe the common factor there is not "therapy" but "knowing you"? Just asking.

>I think it'd come up pretty quickly in therapy, wouldn't it? Aren't they going to ask about your relationships with others in the first session?
relationships, yes, probably, but details like that? not unless you go on about it
besides, it's pretty much understood if you said "no, no relationships" or something along those lines
>Jow Forums use and drug use are parts of my problems and I thought I was supposed to actually talk about my problems. Is this some secret social understanding that I'm supposed to pretend my problem is
you are retarded if you go to a psych a talk about Jow Forums and drug problems in this day and age as a young person
first of all, here in norway, if you admit to drug use and alcohol use, they can take away your drivers license, which really fucks you over out on the rurals
you sound very young and naive
>I don't want to go into this if it's all just some social game, where the goal is just to say the right combination of words in order to get a referral to a psychiatrist in order to get a prescription for a drug you enjoy, where it's just secretly understood you aren't actually supposed to talk and legitimately better yourself.
life is a social game
I go to a psych because I would get no money if I didn't and then would have to live on the streets, or I would realistically just kill myself
I don't care about pharma
I smoke hashish if I need to
if you genuinely want to talk about your problems, I suggest you find some "therapist" some other place
if I lived in the US I would go to AA and get a sponsor dude to open up to
here in yurop I don't know

>I don't want to go into this if it's all just some social game, where the goal is just to say the right combination of words in order to get a referral to a psychiatrist in order to get a prescription for a drug you enjoy, where it's just secretly understood you aren't actually supposed to talk and legitimately better yourself.
Literally what else did you think it was?

I have to admit, you are pretty good at baiting

self-help group.

Thank you. And now open up to the possibility that it is not baiting. Then we made progress.

I don't give a shit about what some beta-numale faggot like you has to say
you are not even a man, in my eyes
a man has self-respect
your posts have about 0% self-respect in them
maybe
checked

nah, but I do earnestly wish individuals the best of luck in their self improvement.

You always hear about people just having "the wrong" therapist. What's the fucking point of them then, if one in a million actually works and only coincidentally and against the standards of his field?

Play the lottery, OP. It's cheaper and has better payoffs

I'm starting to get the feeling that, maybe, you're the kind of person I should listen to. And then do the opposite...

>I think you have more problems than hating wage-slaving. You are here after all.
Like what?

It really is the source of all of my problems

>Go to therapist
>Pay 500 a month (no joke)
>Tell him I'm virgin never had bf etc
>Tells me I'm handsome and that I should just talk to people women dont care about looks

Epic

Meant to type gf lol autocorrect

that guy is an idiot and you shouldn't listen to him anyway
therapists are shit
if you really want to open up, find a really good friend or a really good person and open up to them
unironically maybe go to a catholic church and talk to a priest in confessions
>I'm starting to get the feeling that, maybe, you're the kind of person I should listen to. And then do the opposite...
please, feel very free to do so
tell your therapist everything, lol

>>Tell him I'm virgin never had bf etc
>>Tells me I'm handsome and that I should just talk to people women dont care about looks
I didn't get this one
are you a female or a male?
if you want a bf, why is your therapist talking about women?
also, are you handsome? was this therapist a female or male
your post is lacking, duuuuude

I'd rather slam an icepick under my big toenail thanks.

Absolutely disgusting

Jokes on you, bruv, I wrote BOTH posts you answered to.
And, well, I am no man. You are right there. But I think you don't even know how self-respect looks. So I am not surprised you don't recognize it.

>tells him to watch a video for why professional help is useless
>recommends him to watch nutjobs spewing horseshit

congrats on your single digit iq user

wow, you really got me, I was so fooled this entire time

Don't be sad. Baby Jesus kicks "hello".
But really, try to find someone to open up to. You need it. Be aware that on the path to loving yourself you will also have to stop hating the world. In fact, if you love yourself, you will have no reason to hate the world. Because what you hate in me, in OP, in "roasties" is basically just what you hate in yourself or what you are afraid of. Those things are not necessairly real.

you are so retarded
why are you even here? do you think it's funny shitting up our board?

I know you are but what am I? orignalissisomos

Attached: images.jpg (226x223, 11K)

most people would benefit from an outside perspective giving them advice and feedback on how to improve IF most people had the capacity to be self-critical and actually improve themselves

if mommy and daddy have hundreds to blow every month to make themselves feel better, they are giving you no incentive to ever work. therapy will not change your external circumstances.

if you are a KHV and have had a lifetime of conditioning to repress your emotions, hide yourself from others, and are socially stunted, it would take an enormous amount of personal effort to make new habits. most people aren't capable of doing that.

literally every single normie I know doesn't benefit from therapy because their head is so far up their own ass that they don't listen when someone talks to them. a lot of them would be better off just having better friends. same with all of you, who need better social adjustment rather than someone trying to talk to you constructively.

also a lot of therapists are just fucking trash. the ones that are actually decent are wasted a lot of the time on people with no intention of ever changing.

Attached: 1506817025264.png (1180x842, 246K)

"our board". As far as I know this is a place for people who suffer from autism, social anxiety and awkwardness, depression, etc.
Nothing says people who managed to accomplish a few things despite those draw-backs are forbidden to post here, bruv. Also I saw no "no preggo" sign.

I wish you the best in life, dude. I know you tried hard to get me to feel negatively about you. Because getting negativ reactions is better than no reaction at all, inciting negative feelings is better than people not noticing you.
But you don't need to do this. I feel positive towards you and wish you the best life you can have. All I said and wrote is me honestly wishing to help you. If that is too much for your little heart, sorry. You can't open up to me because I am a woman. I know. But be aware I care about you, and be it even just because you exist. Some people are like that. Because if you love and accept yourself, you will also love and accept others. Cheers, bro. I'll now go and play some games.

Most therapists just listen to what you say and regurgitate some shitty metaphor they learned in their psych 100 class until the time is up and they can pat themselves on the back. They don't actually have an understanding or experience in most of the things you tell them so all they can do is compare it to something they read in a book. Most of them have 0 life experience outside of the cookie cutter high school>college>career mould. Plus most if not all of them are extreme brainlets which is why they studied fucking psychology of all things because it is the only thing watered down enough for their tiny brains to digest. There are some good therapists who actually have something of value to offer other than a meme degree, but they are extremely rare and probably not worth trying to find.

>Btw it isn't a waste of money i'm really just flushing money down the toilet to keep my parents from harassing me
thats a waste of money

I have told all things like that to my therapist and had no problems you have had shit therapists. Also OP its not gonna work if the issue is you need to get a new fucking job.

How am i supposed to enjoy wageslaving when it's just inherently unenjoyable? I don't like anything about it

How? Being around them makes me even more miserable. Interacting with my parents in person actually makes me suicidal

I love them, but i hate the way i feel when they are interacting with me

Is there literally nothing in life that you don't enjoy? Comics? Anime? Video games?

Most people don't have the focus, ambition or interest to find a job they love, and do it to support themselves, the economy, and not be a burden on their family. If your family can pay to support you and show no strain from doing so, maybe there's ways you can use the income to generate passive income as well.

>the issue is you need to get a new fucking job.

I am a programmer and i absolutely hate it. But i can't think of a job that would not make me even more miserable

I have hobbies and passions but i'll never make money from them

so dont be around them then lmao

You're not being, you don't love them. And you explained a very good reason why. They make you feel suicidal when you talk to them. You just have to work things out so you can go back to genuinely loving them. I feel the exact same. I'm going back to therapy

I have hobbies interests and passions but they don't make any money

My dad makes 6 figures but if i am not full time employed he makes it his personal mission to terrorize me. He told me to quit my old job because the pay was shit
I spent 10 months applying for jobs and he terrorized and harrassed me daily until i got one. He only wants me to work

That's why i gave up ever wanting to reproduce. I refuse because i can't afford to have a NEET child and i think it's morally reprehensible to create a child if they will be forced to wageslave

I love them but if they leave me alone and stop harassing me i have no issues

They have been a thorn in my side since middle school at least, i hardly remember anything before that

That is why i pay the therapist it keeps my parents from coming up and harassing me after work at my condo. I want to be ALONE

Not him but I don't hate anyone. I just can't get a date. I'm successful everywhere else in life. I've opened up the a couple "friends" about how this continued failure is affecting me, and they're rather flippant and clueless about it.
>dude just be confident
I am. I just get turned down. Jow Forums is only place I feel truly understood.

your father sounds like a fucking asshole, but if he's paying for literally everything for you then it's hard to complain. the last generation has insane entitlement and doesn't realize how much harder it is to find decent work.

your options are to legitimately find a better job to support yourself, move out and no longer be terrorized
or endure the abuse and stay with them, getting your ride

I also refuse to have a child unless I can fully support them, you're absolutely in the right there. shitty that your parents are such twats but unfortunately we don't get to choose who births us. also you likely don't need a therapist at this time, you probably just need some independence and time away from assholes

you could just move out and cut contact with them but you seem legitimately retarded

No you don't or they wouldn't make you feel the way they do. Stop lying to yourself. You need to stop hiding.

>if he's paying for literally everything
He isnt

I paid my own rent and everything

Until he told me to quit my job and move in with them "as long as you need" until i find a "better job" with "better pay"
So i left. Moved out of the apartment i paid with my $18/hr job

He noticed quickly i loved being NEET and he hated that so much. He even threatened to make me go with him to go into walmart/mcdonalds to walk in ans give a firm handshake and beg for $8/hr toilet scrubbing position

Now i finally got a new job that is SAME PAY so not "better" at all, i moved out (i was living off my savings he didnt buy me shit, it was just free rent) and now i pay rent at a condo

All he wants me to do is be a happy wagie. All i want is to be NEET
Wageslaving ruins my health while also making me miserable in general

>you could just move out
I live alone

>cut contact
I am banking on retiring once they die because there should be a good inheritance

I love my parents. Their behavior is just a great source of misery. When i was growing up i didn't starve to death because of them
All they have to do is stop harrassing me and there's no issue at all

>what is health insurance

>your options are to legitimately find a better job to support yourself, move out and no longer be terrorized
>or endure the abuse and stay with them, getting your ride
I don't live with them at all

They would come up to my apartment and terrorize me though if i dont pay the therapist

I've been applying to jobs it took 10 months to get this 1 so i don't have high hopes

Not her, but maybe you have trouble finding a girl to connect with because you have trouble opening up?
Maybe you are looking for the wrong type of girl to date?
Maybe you are this weird "I AM A MANLY MAN, I PROMISE"-confident around them?
Or you don't communicate your interest well enough? Or they think you are not serious about it? Many reasons possible. Ask your female friends. Maybe they can give advice.

So you purposefully put yourself in a position where they can shit on you? It sounds like you deserve what you get

It is $200 after insurance apparently

>So you purposefully put yourself in a position where they can shit on you?
You mean listening to my dad when he said i could stay with them as long as i needed?
And i moved out but they know my address

I needed that. It was the first vacation i ever had as an adult (age 25)
My health was absolutely fucked but i regained it by being NEET

Bored? why not check this cool server it has the hotttest lewds of chicks and traps!

discord gg/4wrBtH8

Sound like you should go to therapy and work not on your work issues, but on your issues with your parents. Learn to draw borders. If they disrespect them, seek distance. Do your own thing. Do a job you like even if it doesn't earn as much.
NEET is not the way to happiness. Just a way to avoid both happiness and unhappiness and live a shallow life.

Doesn't sound like you need to NEET, just sounds like you need to free yourself from your parent's expectations and pressure. There is a LOT of options in between NEET and health-ruining slave work.

I told the therapist about my dad terrorizing me. That's not an issue

And there's no "job" i like that will pay money. I would work every day for free doing what i like. But i'd starve to death and be homeless eventually

>There is a LOT of options in between NEET and health-ruining slave work.
I need to pay $800 rent and also feed myself

There really isnt any option. It's really hard to get a job. I have a degree from the top ranked uni in my state and 5yr work experience and still nobody wants to hire me

based preggo and compassionchad user. wish everyone had even a fraction of your kindness on here, maybe some of us would be able to be better one day. anyways thank you for the good read. i needed to see some human goodness today and you did not disappoint. not the same dude at all, obviously, but just want you to know someone appreciated your efforts today.

Attached: 1556158097415.jpg (640x476, 81K)

I'm open about my interests, so I could only assume it's appearance. The only two pieces of honest of female advice so far have been
>you're tall, so don't slouch
>you have a sharp face but your glasses round it too much
Trying to stand straighter and I have an appointment to swap to contacts. I've also tried out concealer for a couple days to try and hide blemishes (I'm fit and 29 but still have acne). Nobody's said anything so I hope it's not noticeable.