What role does alcohol play in your life?

What role does alcohol play in your life?

Attached: DanskFadol.jpg (931x1534, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't sleep without it. Also I enjoy a beer in the evening when watching movies alone, it just feels good.

None. Got blackout drunk at a party about a year ago, did some of the most embarrassing shit in my life and was so fucked up I wanted to die. Since then I had a glass of champagne for new year's and that's it. I can't even smell booze anymore and beer makes me gag now.

i used to drink all the time, now it physically hurts to drink so its just like everything else. unattainable. the one thing that made life worth baring

would totally try it but under 21 and have nobody to get it on the dl from

I don't drink it taste bad.
I smoke alot tho.

Same, you 20yo as well?

Alcohol is my social juice, I just feel retarded going to parties and interacting with people without a little bit of liquid confidence. Also, it compliments good food

I'm autistic so strong alcohol cools me off if i get overstimmed by whatever.

Drinking right now. Helps me fast travel to tomorrow on days I don't work.

Haha I'm 19 and I know a gas station that sells to me, but I don't drink

>Alcohol is my social juice

This so much. Alcohol is unhealthy, but it's an excellent social lube.

nope 19

primary coping mechanism for the last 10 years

Wine is pretty dope. Currently have some gastrointestinal issues so it's the only alcohol I can stomach.

coping from what ma friend?

I drink about a pint a day and I'm trying to stop before I get a belly

life my friend

I'm a bartender, so it's a huge element. It provides me all the money I can get. It's important for me to know lots of different types of cocktails so I can recommend things if asked.

As a bartender, have you yourself tested all the various drinks that you provide, so that you know through first-hand experience what these drinks are all about?

Attached: 1549172743408.jpg (1600x1600, 438K)

>bartender
>on /r9k

what the fuck

Not all of them, but I've tried a lot of them. Most of them contain the same basic ingredients, so even if I haven't drank it myself, I still have a good idea what proportions to use.

I'm kind of an ascended cyborg. I broke out of robothood and now I lurk around here to try to reply to advice threads and encourage people to better themselves.

Being dead inside helps when your sober. Dead inside at work and drunk alone is how I cope with life ma friend.

A dangerous one.

I want to be moderate but I like it way too much.

I'm an attorney on r9k, a litigator actually. Does this upset you?

a complete crutch at this point, always thinking about getting off work and drinking until I pass out. Whenever I am not drunk I am thinking about the next time I will be.

Attached: me.png (817x777, 908K)

only thing that gives me a break from being frustrated over my boredom.

I unironically enjoy basedboy IPAs

I often question the role it has and if it's starting to get out of hand. I've cut back to drinking only on Friday and/or Saturday depending on how I feel and it's starting to lose it's excitement.

But, there are nights that, well, I really tie a few on.

just make some yourself with fruit juice + champagne yeast + an airlock

Every morning for the last week I've considered drinking mouthwash but decided not to

Attached: viscera.jpg (790x667, 46K)

It fills the gaps between getting good drugs

none anymore after i got a bit too fucked up last year but i still enjoy having a beer every now and then

Alcohol and drugs are my only friends

Attached: 1557087701068.jpg (1241x911, 71K)

Yup
10 beers a night usually, with some nice weed. I don't know what the fuck people who don't drink do

Attached: 8556868686.jpg (598x538, 36K)

Feels good for a bit, even makes me feel like a normal person, but then I crash pretty badly psychically.

im a genetic alcoholic so my diet consdists mainly od alcogol \

Attached: 1f1bbc016a384662860b4e3bc1a00e4a.png (900x960, 1.22M)

>genetic alcoholic
that's one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard user

Shit drug but at least it's legal.

Drink every single day (20cl of whiskey at the least) and yet still keep healthy enough to look young and for compliments from people about my physique ("you clearly go to the gym lad, much you bench?")

Guess im a functioning alchy, only 24 tho so maybe i'm just immature

Worst poured beer ever. Why so much head. Is it because you dont get any other kind? Heh

Lost my dog, lost countless friends, lost my soon to be wife, gained and lost a mistress that wouldnt have happened without alcohol period, lost years of my life, lost the respect of my peers. It changes me, makes me an impulsive crazy person, even after two I can feel the shift to mr. Hyde.

I'm slowly getting better exercising, eating healthy, working hard, but every once in awhile, I'll just binge and skip into darkness

Attached: 1563241701586.jpg (1242x1241, 100K)

It's overtaken my life to the point where I've not been sober for at least 10 years.
I told myself on Tuesday that I'm going to try quit booze and it's now almost Friday and I've still got this massive surge of motivation to turn my life around and stop being an alcoholic.
If I'm not drunk, I'm stoned, or both.
Gonna try complete sobriety for the first time in a decade.

some people have the germ, and some people dont. addiction has a large genetic component, and one with the predispositon to addiction will always dace an uphill battle

Attached: 1526158254218.jpg (3840x2160, 654K)

19 with hookups. manual labor job so i just look forward to a buzz or mild drunkness each evening.

I drink almost every night, usually to the point of being quit buzzed, if not outright drunk. I almost never get to the point of passing or blacking out, though. I want to transition to weed because it's legal where I live, but it's expensive.

Been drinking heavily most days for the past year and a half. Luckily I'm only 22, but I'm afraid what it will do to me if I keep drinking this much, especially when I'm older. Also I drive drunk, so that's really not good

Damn, captcha gave me taxis to pick out

>had the dream where there's a big bottle of alcohol in the fridge again
>woke up and checked to find that it isn't there
is this going to be a nightly occurrence?

Attached: 1532447283115.jpg (1000x1500, 387K)

a big one

a grat one

Care to go into details user

It's had a terrible and annoying effect. I've been so desperate to quit drinking over the past few months that i've basically SOMEHOW trained myself to never do anything fun while drinking . I do it as a punishment or something. Yet the retarded thing is I never actually do those fun things while I'm sober. So it'd just a vicious cycle of wanting to have fun and not letting myself have fun.

It's awesome! I love it! I want it all the time! No! I am not an alcoholic! I can't drink cheap vodka though! I like wine, I like beer! I like drinks! I like margaritas! I love boooooooooze! Booze is the love of my life! haha.. no I am not an alcoholic btw! God damn, I love drinking!

Based and manic pilled

I have gotten blackout drunk every night for most of the past ten years. In particular I've been drinking a liter of vodka a night for over a year now. It's killing me and I desperately want to quit but I can't.

i've been drinking in order to fall asleep for the past 2 or 3 years. most nights i don't drink enough to actually get drunk, but the few nights when i haven't had anything to drink i just didn't end up sleeping.

Someone I know is a nurse.
Had a patient back in nursing school that drank a liter of vodka for like 10-15 years.
This ladies insides were fucking mush, and she ended up dying not but a month or two after my friend first saw them.
Think the lady was in her 40's.

Alcohol is that good friend that I'm always happy to hang out with.

>27 years old
>been alcoholic/pot head since 20yo
>isolated 90% of the time
>worked jobs here and there but spent most of my time unemployed
>lay in bed most of the day and get out to watch tv shows or play some video games
>no friends
>never had a girlfriend
>mentally ill because of too much alcohol/drugs/isolation
>always thinking of killing myself
These days alcohol and weed is my way to escape the world, I don't like it here anymore.

Attached: 32lk09ulq2o21.png (1000x1144, 186K)

I have a hard time seeing your perspective. To me the only difference between addicts and functioning people is willpower. When you start to slip why dont you just stop? My mother is an alcoholic and drug abuser. I love getting drunk, but I can decide to not drink. Maybe its just a matter of your tolerance for life being shit. I can tolerate life being shit most if the time. It sucks but what are you gonna do?

Attached: 1558746514123.jpg (1200x676, 163K)

>I can tolerate life being shit most if the time. It sucks but what are you gonna do?

drink

Well thats my point. You cant drink all the time. Sometimes you just gotta deal with it.

The shit in the bottom drawer of the fridge that I don't touch unless I'm in a situation where I want to legitmately fucking die

A big one. Learn how to pour a beer.

benzos for 3 years here. it worked but it helped me make myself a loser

I basically "medicate" with it desu

Completely killed my body...made me 20 kg heavier in 2 years (been drinking since 15 since the law here is 16, alcoholic since 18, 20 now). Helped me multiple time to make me too unconscious to get my fathers FAS90 in the attic.

i casually drink sometimes throughout the week, but i go hard on the weekends at parties..

haha an alligator amasin

Attached: 1557397124783.jpg (807x812, 62K)

i just bought to fosters keg cans for 7 bucks. currently enjoying one. it makes the pain go away

Used to be a bartender years ago and fell into the habit of always having a couple beers each night. For around five years now it's pretty normal for me to have a couple beers a night and maybe more on the weekends. I work out regularly and watch my weight, but I know it's not healthy.

I know it's not healthy, so I'm trying to slow down and work out more, but so many of my friends and family do it as a hobby (brewing beer, working at bars, etc.) so quitting all together doesn't seem socially possible. Just gotta try to limit it so I don't die.

nothing. fuck that big time

I only ever drink socially with people I haven't seen in awhile. A few beers or shots is a great way to break tension.

it ruined my life from late 2015 to early jan 2019, or more like it was my life, then i kicked it from late february to mid april, broke my sobriety and went to jail, and now have been sober again from mid april to now which is the longest i've ever gone without it

i get high sometimes now but trying to kick both weed and caffeine and go completely free

It is purely a boredom reliever (having some right now). I only ever buy bottom-shelf liquor. I wouldn't even remotely think of drinking this poison if I knew how to buy weed.

Good for you user, unfortunately going to jail hasn't got me to quit yet. But I feel myself getting more tired of this bullshit

Attached: 1564858505058.jpg (750x498, 208K)

It helps me cope with wageslaving, also with Tfw no GF with nice thighs to crush my face ofc

20 M here
very skinny but a high alcohol tolerance

I have to regularly check if I am becoming an alcoholic. I drink easily every night to the point of being drunk then I top it off with a joint to go to sleep. It started a few months ago after my dad died because it something we used to do together. I haven't stopped since. I don't feel like it is affecting me emotionally or mentally. I also avoid drinking when I feel like shit thus not to create an unhealthy coping mechanism.
Regardless I know its bad for me. I would just rather keep doing it because I don't really care to stop.

no one knows how much i drink and if they did they would probably tell me to stop.

Attached: IMG_3716.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>tfw just opened a can of beer
>then see this thread

Probably a bigger role than it should.

>I broke out of robothood and now I lurk around here to try to reply to advice threads and encourage people to better themselves.

You are hereby annointed to be the new bartender in the Frogs and Feels Tavern-threads.

Why kids nowadays post their age on anonymous sites wtf

It helps me escape myself. I am filled with hate for myself and the world and I love anything that helps me get away from that, even temporarily. I long for the interruption or alteration of my consciousness. I wish I could spend all my time drunk or asleep. I wish even more that I had the courage to kill myself.

when i don't drink i get really manic and depressed and freak out over minor shit
when i do drink i'm cool as ice and calm

it was for context you fool. why would me posting my age be a bad thing?

keeps me from wanting to end it all everytime

>It started a few months ago after my dad died
sorry to hear user

Seems like it's time to give up the bottle. I've worked my ass off for a few years now to become "normal", improving my appearance, getting over my social anxiety, learning how to talk to people, moving up the ladder at work. Now I'm a pariah because I joked about killing normies with a coworker while black-out drunk (who reported me to HR). Going to have to resign from my position, move and start over. Ultimately I haven't been able to connect on a personal level with anyone here, anyway, and it's definitely not going to happen now.

Lol americuck... Move to a real country...

Fun and friendly Jow Forums discord server, join now for good times!

discord
.gg/Mqe36gm

h3213

Attached: 1519122281612.jpg (707x999, 120K)