I've just come to the conclusion that dopamine = life. it's literally everything it's your god...

I've just come to the conclusion that dopamine = life. it's literally everything it's your god, it's your only motivation and the reason why you're still here

i take dopamine blockers and literally everything doesn't mean shit to me, i can't be bothered all i want to do is lay in bed in the dark and do nothing all day

Attached: noose.jpg (214x236, 7K)

When Robin Williams committed suicide he had half the normal number of dopamine receptors working in his brain. So yeah, it's really that simple.

it's funny that a bunch of chemicals make all the difference

all of our imagination creativity and human spirit it's all just numbers and chemicals

I know, and I'm kind of terrified by the implications. As long as we feel good, we trick ourselves into having a purpose, no matter how insignificant our actions are.

I have been wanting to experiment with my brain chemistry, and way i can reduce and raise dopamine easily.

what are drugs origami

>As long as we feel good, we trick ourselves into having a purpose, no matter how insignificant our actions are

exactly this has become so clear to me i just see people's activities goals and ambitions and think how deluded what's the point after all

Too expensive, too risky.

Yes, this is the truth, the only reason we strive towards "success" is to relieve the pressure society puts on us, which makes us happy, few examples: going through schools (elementary, high, etc.) and getting a job. Some people might say that you need a job so you can make money and survive/have a family. But why?
In the end, nothing matters, it does not matter when you die, where you die, who you die as, because after death there is nothing, you simply die. The majority of people believe in some afterlife, because that gives us hope, hope that we live a life with meaning, a life that was worth living. But hope just releases some dopamine in our brain making us happy, thinking about everything we can do in a life with the illusion that it has a meaning. Others will say "if you don't want to be forgotten, then do something great so you will be immortalized
in history" this is true, but only for some years.
Look at Plato, Hitler, Donald Trump, their names will be forgotten after millions of years, making living life completely and utterly worthless because no matter how great, evil, good a person was, or to what extent he did something they will be washed away in time, leaving no memory.

Basically my reasoning. I always thought I'd write a magnum opus or create some musical masterpiece but to what end? I mean, I have the potential. I just don't have any faith people will carry on my legacy or anything noble like that. Plus getting published while living is becoming increasingly difficult and nowadays with the progressive dumbing down of attention spans and literacy thanks to constant media saturation only a small niche would unironically enjoy what i wrote. And I'm not even sure they'd enjoy it for the same reasons I do.

user discovers the absurd

Sartre was right all along

legacy is dust my friend

tell us more about the drugs you use

Why an earth would you do that? Are you stereophonic or something?

Attached: 1563634579601.jpg (600x600, 44K)

>I have the potential to write a magnum opus or a musical masterpiece
>It's just that everyone is too stupid to appreciate my genius
Speaking of delusions that get your through the day.

Attached: 1413228612661.jpg (478x521, 56K)

i use neuroleptics aka Antipsychotics aka major tranquilizers

Unless you're a man of God, Hedonism is the RIGHT way to go.

Doesn't that (ultimately) mean that it doesn't matter if you trick or delude yourself or not?
I mean for whatever reason those chemicals caused you to come to that conclusion, which means it is really hypocritical to call them "just numbers and chemicals".

Obviously, you haven't given this subject much thought. Because if you had, you would've been much more bothered by it. Either to the point of commiting suicide, or realising that calling them "chemicals" is just plain stupid. Like calling computers "just a bunch of wires and metal" or calling data "just 1s and 0s".

Simply put; either everything is meaningless OR everything is meaningful, and those "just chemicals" decide that for you. That is the final conclusion.

Arent computers just purified sand?
Isnt the unuverse just interactions between fields and atoms?
Arent atoms just electrons and protons with a few neutrons sprinkled in?
Arent electrons and protons just collapsing fields of probabliaty?
Arent atims just 99% empty space?
Therefore we are all empty inside, every one of us

"Dopamine" is pretty much irrelevant to your well being. Temporary pleasure.
The happiness chemical is serotonin. That's what depressed people lack.

I never said they were stupid or even that i was smarter unless you're referring to the largest readerbase on average, and even then it's probably just laziness. I don't think they'd appreciate it for the same reasons.

take an adrenline shot and go wild fag.

So eat shitloads of ice cream and suddenly life has meaning. Sounds good to me

>The happiness chemical is serotonin

that's a lie it's the love chemical but not happiness in general

seratonin is overrated it's a combination but ultimately it's dopamine

i wasn't depressed before i took dopamine blockers and now i am so in my case lack of dopamine makes me depressed
as for seratonin i take pills for that as well which i didn't need before and a high dosage, it's basically just sugar pills they don't do anything for me